|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
(a) The sights.
(b) The heartache.
(c) The smell.
(d) The sounds.
2. Who is Dr. Rowley?
(a) A doctor working with the mayor to stop the spread of the fever.
(b) A doctor that has been called in to look at Mrs. Cook.
(c) A well respected doctor in town.
(d) The doctor who helped Colette.
3. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
(a) Dr. Rowley.
(c) She is alone.
4. What is the one thing that Mattie vows never to do?
(a) Become a cook.
(b) Become a nurse.
(c) Become a scullery maid.
(d) Become a teacher.
5. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
(a) Because the owner will not serve her.
(b) Because there is not enough of what she needs.
(c) Because she is tired.
(d) Because the prices are so high.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
2. Why is Joseph crying?
3. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
4. What does Mattie say is her chief complaint?
5. Who else is in the wagon with Mattie?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)