|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
(a) Because the prices are so high.
(b) Because there is not enough of what she needs.
(c) Because she is tired.
(d) Because the owner will not serve her.
2. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
(a) The twins and Nell have fallen ill.
(b) Mrs. Cook is there waiting for them.
(c) Robbers have come and stolen everything.
(d) Joseph is sick again.
3. Why must Eliza go home at night?
(a) She is too tired to help Mrs. Cook and Eliza.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She is afraid of becoming ill.
(d) Her brother's family is expecting her.
4. What does Mattie say is her chief complaint?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) Her head hurts.
(c) She is dizzy.
(d) She is hungry.
5. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
(a) That she goes back to Bush Hill.
(b) That she reopens the coffee house.
(c) That she works at the orphan house.
(d) That she goes back to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joseph crying?
2. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
3. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
4. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
5. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)