|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
(a) Mr. Carris' house.
(b) Dr. Rowley's house.
(c) Eliza's house.
2. What is the one thing that Mattie vows never to do?
(a) Become a scullery maid.
(b) Become a cook.
(c) Become a nurse.
(d) Become a teacher.
3. What does Mattie daydream about?
(a) Nathaniel Benson.
(b) Her mother coming back and being proud of Mattie.
4. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
(a) Joseph is sick again.
(b) Robbers have come and stolen everything.
(c) The twins and Nell have fallen ill.
(d) Mrs. Cook is there waiting for them.
5. Why is Joseph crying?
(a) Because he is tired.
(b) Because the children are sick.
(c) Because he misses his wife.
(d) Because they have nothing left.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
2. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
3. Who else is in the wagon with Mattie?
4. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
5. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)