|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
(a) Eliza's house.
(b) Dr. Rowley's house.
(c) Mr. Carris' house.
2. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
(a) That she goes back to school.
(b) That she goes back to Bush Hill.
(c) That she reopens the coffee house.
(d) That she works at the orphan house.
3. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
(a) Every six hours.
(b) Every eight hours.
(c) Every four hours.
(d) Every two hours.
4. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
(a) The twins and Nell have fallen ill.
(b) Joseph is sick again.
(c) Robbers have come and stolen everything.
(d) Mrs. Cook is there waiting for them.
5. What does Mattie daydream about?
(a) Nathaniel Benson.
(b) Her mother coming back and being proud of Mattie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
2. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
3. What is the one thing that Mattie vows never to do?
4. Why must Eliza go home at night?
5. Who is Dr. Rowley?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)