|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Rowley?
(a) The doctor who helped Colette.
(b) A well respected doctor in town.
(c) A doctor that has been called in to look at Mrs. Cook.
(d) A doctor working with the mayor to stop the spread of the fever.
2. Who is Susannah?
(a) A young girl going to work at the orphan house.
(b) Mattie's aunt.
(c) Mattie's cousin.
(d) A nurse on the wagon.
3. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
(a) The sights.
(b) The heartache.
(c) The sounds.
(d) The smell.
4. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
(a) Joseph is sick again.
(b) Mrs. Cook is there waiting for them.
(c) Robbers have come and stolen everything.
(d) The twins and Nell have fallen ill.
5. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She cries.
(c) She sits by her bed refusing to leave her side.
(d) She returns to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
2. Why must Eliza go home at night?
3. Why is Joseph crying?
4. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
5. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)