|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
(a) To the coffeehouse.
(b) To Bush Hill.
(c) To the market.
(d) To the orphan house.
2. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
(a) She sits by her bed refusing to leave her side.
(b) She cries.
(c) She returns to work.
(d) She becomes angry.
3. Who is Susannah?
(a) Mattie's cousin.
(b) Mattie's aunt.
(c) A young girl going to work at the orphan house.
(d) A nurse on the wagon.
4. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
(a) The sights.
(b) The heartache.
(c) The sounds.
(d) The smell.
5. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
(a) Because there is not enough of what she needs.
(b) Because she is tired.
(c) Because the owner will not serve her.
(d) Because the prices are so high.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
2. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
3. What does Mattie daydream about?
4. Why must Eliza go home at night?
5. What does Mattie say is her chief complaint?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)