|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
(a) Because there is not enough of what she needs.
(b) Because the owner will not serve her.
(c) Because the prices are so high.
(d) Because she is tired.
2. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
(a) To Bush Hill.
(b) To the coffeehouse.
(c) To the orphan house.
(d) To the market.
3. What does Mattie say is her chief complaint?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) Her head hurts.
(c) She is dizzy.
(d) She is hungry.
4. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
(a) She is alone.
(c) Dr. Rowley.
5. What is the one thing that Mattie vows never to do?
(a) Become a cook.
(b) Become a teacher.
(c) Become a scullery maid.
(d) Become a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Susannah?
2. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
3. Why is Joseph crying?
4. Who is Dr. Rowley?
5. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)