|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Susannah?
(a) A young girl going to work at the orphan house.
(b) Mattie's cousin.
(c) A nurse on the wagon.
(d) Mattie's aunt.
2. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
(a) That she goes back to Bush Hill.
(b) That she works at the orphan house.
(c) That she reopens the coffee house.
(d) That she goes back to school.
3. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
(b) Dr. Rowley's house.
(c) Eliza's house.
(d) Mr. Carris' house.
4. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because the prices are so high.
(c) Because the owner will not serve her.
(d) Because there is not enough of what she needs.
5. Why is Joseph crying?
(a) Because he misses his wife.
(b) Because they have nothing left.
(c) Because the children are sick.
(d) Because he is tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that Mattie vows never to do?
2. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
3. Why must Eliza go home at night?
4. Who is Dr. Rowley?
5. Who else is in the wagon with Mattie?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)