|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
(a) Every six hours.
(b) Every four hours.
(c) Every eight hours.
(d) Every two hours.
2. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
(a) Because the prices are so high.
(b) Because the owner will not serve her.
(c) Because there is not enough of what she needs.
(d) Because she is tired.
3. Who is Dr. Rowley?
(a) The doctor who helped Colette.
(b) A well respected doctor in town.
(c) A doctor that has been called in to look at Mrs. Cook.
(d) A doctor working with the mayor to stop the spread of the fever.
4. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
(a) She sits by her bed refusing to leave her side.
(b) She cries.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She returns to work.
5. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
(a) To the orphan house.
(b) To Bush Hill.
(c) To the coffeehouse.
(d) To the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
2. Who is Susannah?
3. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
4. What does Mattie daydream about?
5. Why is Joseph crying?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)