|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
(a) Dr. Rowley.
(b) She is alone.
2. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
(a) The sounds.
(b) The heartache.
(c) The smell.
(d) The sights.
3. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
(a) Robbers have come and stolen everything.
(b) Mrs. Cook is there waiting for them.
(c) The twins and Nell have fallen ill.
(d) Joseph is sick again.
4. What does Mattie daydream about?
(a) Her mother coming back and being proud of Mattie.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
5. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
(a) That she reopens the coffee house.
(b) That she goes back to Bush Hill.
(c) That she works at the orphan house.
(d) That she goes back to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joseph crying?
2. Who else is in the wagon with Mattie?
3. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
4. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
5. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)