|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joseph crying?
(a) Because they have nothing left.
(b) Because he misses his wife.
(c) Because he is tired.
(d) Because the children are sick.
2. Who is Susannah?
(a) A young girl going to work at the orphan house.
(b) A nurse on the wagon.
(c) Mattie's aunt.
(d) Mattie's cousin.
3. Who is Dr. Rowley?
(a) The doctor who helped Colette.
(b) A doctor working with the mayor to stop the spread of the fever.
(c) A well respected doctor in town.
(d) A doctor that has been called in to look at Mrs. Cook.
4. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
(a) Every six hours.
(b) Every four hours.
(c) Every eight hours.
(d) Every two hours.
5. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
(a) Because there is not enough of what she needs.
(b) Because the prices are so high.
(c) Because she is tired.
(d) Because the owner will not serve her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
2. Why must Eliza go home at night?
3. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
4. What is the one thing that Mattie vows never to do?
5. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)