|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Susannah?
(a) A young girl going to work at the orphan house.
(b) Mattie's cousin.
(c) A nurse on the wagon.
(d) Mattie's aunt.
2. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
(a) To the orphan house.
(b) To the coffeehouse.
(c) To the market.
(d) To Bush Hill.
3. Why is Joseph crying?
(a) Because he misses his wife.
(b) Because the children are sick.
(c) Because he is tired.
(d) Because they have nothing left.
4. Who is Dr. Rowley?
(a) A doctor that has been called in to look at Mrs. Cook.
(b) The doctor who helped Colette.
(c) A doctor working with the mayor to stop the spread of the fever.
(d) A well respected doctor in town.
5. Who else is in the wagon with Mattie?
(a) 5 orphans.
(b) 5 prisoners.
(c) 5 dignitaries.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
2. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
3. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
4. What is the one thing that Mattie vows never to do?
5. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)