|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Susannah?
(a) A nurse on the wagon.
(b) A young girl going to work at the orphan house.
(c) Mattie's cousin.
(d) Mattie's aunt.
2. What is the one thing that Mattie vows never to do?
(a) Become a teacher.
(b) Become a scullery maid.
(c) Become a cook.
(d) Become a nurse.
3. Why must Eliza go home at night?
(a) She is afraid of becoming ill.
(b) She is too tired to help Mrs. Cook and Eliza.
(c) Her brother's family is expecting her.
(d) She wants to go home.
4. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
(a) The sights.
(b) The sounds.
(c) The heartache.
(d) The smell.
5. Who else is in the wagon with Mattie?
(a) 5 prisoners.
(b) 5 dignitaries.
(c) No one.
(d) 5 orphans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
2. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
3. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
4. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
5. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)