|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joseph crying?
(a) Because they have nothing left.
(b) Because he misses his wife.
(c) Because he is tired.
(d) Because the children are sick.
2. What does Mattie say is her chief complaint?
(a) She is dizzy.
(b) Her head hurts.
(c) She is hungry.
(d) She is lonely.
3. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
(a) Because the owner will not serve her.
(b) Because the prices are so high.
(c) Because there is not enough of what she needs.
(d) Because she is tired.
4. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
(a) The smell.
(b) The sounds.
(c) The sights.
(d) The heartache.
5. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
(b) Dr. Rowley's house.
(c) Mr. Carris' house.
(d) Eliza's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
2. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
3. What does Mattie daydream about?
4. Who else is in the wagon with Mattie?
5. Why must Eliza go home at night?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)