|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
(a) Because the prices are so high.
(b) Because the owner will not serve her.
(c) Because she is tired.
(d) Because there is not enough of what she needs.
2. What is the one thing that Mattie vows never to do?
(a) Become a nurse.
(b) Become a teacher.
(c) Become a scullery maid.
(d) Become a cook.
3. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
(a) Mrs. Cook is there waiting for them.
(b) The twins and Nell have fallen ill.
(c) Robbers have come and stolen everything.
(d) Joseph is sick again.
4. Who is Dr. Rowley?
(a) A doctor that has been called in to look at Mrs. Cook.
(b) A doctor working with the mayor to stop the spread of the fever.
(c) The doctor who helped Colette.
(d) A well respected doctor in town.
5. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
(a) She wants to continue working.
(b) She leaves and go to find Nathaniel.
(c) She becomes angry at the suggestion.
(d) She thanks Eliza and leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie say is her chief complaint?
2. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
3. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
4. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
5. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)