|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
(a) She cries.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She returns to work.
(d) She sits by her bed refusing to leave her side.
2. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
(a) Because there is not enough of what she needs.
(b) Because the prices are so high.
(c) Because she is tired.
(d) Because the owner will not serve her.
3. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
(a) The sights.
(b) The sounds.
(c) The smell.
(d) The heartache.
4. Why must Eliza go home at night?
(a) Her brother's family is expecting her.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She is afraid of becoming ill.
(d) She is too tired to help Mrs. Cook and Eliza.
5. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
(a) To the coffeehouse.
(b) To the market.
(c) To Bush Hill.
(d) To the orphan house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie say is her chief complaint?
2. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
3. Who is Dr. Rowley?
4. What is the one thing that Mattie vows never to do?
5. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)