|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
(a) She is alone.
(b) Dr. Rowley.
2. Who is Dr. Rowley?
(a) A doctor working with the mayor to stop the spread of the fever.
(b) A well respected doctor in town.
(c) The doctor who helped Colette.
(d) A doctor that has been called in to look at Mrs. Cook.
3. Who is Susannah?
(a) A young girl going to work at the orphan house.
(b) Mattie's aunt.
(c) Mattie's cousin.
(d) A nurse on the wagon.
4. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
(a) That she works at the orphan house.
(b) That she reopens the coffee house.
(c) That she goes back to Bush Hill.
(d) That she goes back to school.
5. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
(a) Every two hours.
(b) Every six hours.
(c) Every eight hours.
(d) Every four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie say is her chief complaint?
2. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
3. Why must Eliza go home at night?
4. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
5. What does Mattie daydream about?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)