|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Eliza go home at night?
(a) She is afraid of becoming ill.
(b) She is too tired to help Mrs. Cook and Eliza.
(c) Her brother's family is expecting her.
(d) She wants to go home.
2. What is most difficult for Mattie about helping Eliza?
(a) The sights.
(b) The smell.
(c) The heartache.
(d) The sounds.
3. Who else is in the wagon with Mattie?
(a) No one.
(b) 5 orphans.
(c) 5 prisoners.
(d) 5 dignitaries.
4. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
(a) To the orphan house.
(b) To the market.
(c) To Bush Hill.
(d) To the coffeehouse.
5. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
(a) Because the prices are so high.
(b) Because she is tired.
(c) Because the owner will not serve her.
(d) Because there is not enough of what she needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
2. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
3. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
4. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
5. What does Mattie say is her chief complaint?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)