Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
(b) New York City.
(d) Washington D.C.
2. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
(a) A General Store.
(b) A Blacksmith.
(c) A Coffeehouse.
(d) A Shoemaker.
3. Who is Polly?
(a) Matilda's best friend.
(b) Matilda's sister.
(c) A slave.
(d) The serving girl.
4. What happened to Matilda's father?
(a) He fell from a ladder and died.
(b) He and Matilda's mother are divorced.
(c) He lives in Europe.
(d) He was killed in the war.
5. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
(a) She handles all of the advertising.
(b) Matilda's mother cannot cook and Eliza is an excellent cook.
(c) She takes care of all of the paper work.
(d) She brews the best coffee.
6. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda feels like a servant.
(b) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
(c) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(d) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
This section contains 4,402 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)