|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Joey live in his childhood home before his family moved away?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. How many individual forms of torture does the narrator believe there are in the world?
3. What bizarre action does Joey watch Zuta do after he hears her groaning in the dark?
(a) Cutting herself with a scissors.
(b) Whipping herself with a belt.
(c) Banging her head against a wall.
(d) Beating herself with a shoe.
4. How does Mr. Youngblood react when Mrs. Youngblood tells him he is acting childishly?
(a) He slaps her across the face.
(b) He ignores her completely.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He storms out of the house.
5. What part of Kopyrda's outfit does Joey find lying on Zuta's bedroom floor?
(a) His vest.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His suspenders.
(d) His tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following processes is not one the narrator is quick to do?
2. In what types of positions does Joey hope he catches Zuta in while peeping on her?
3. What animal is Uncle most afraid of in the wild?
4. How does Syphus kill himself?
5. According to the narrator, what is the worst type of torture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who starts the final brawl of the novel?
2. How does Auntie feel about the budding friendship between Valek and Kneadus?
3. What happens when the Marquis de Filiberthe joins the brawl at the tennis match?
4. What is the residual effects of the battle between Syphus and Kneadus the day after?
5. What does the narrator of the novel believe is the worst form of torture in the world?
6. Why does Joey end up in a field at the end of the novel?
7. What motivation does the narrator say he has for wanting to be a storyteller?
8. What happens when Pimko also arrives outside Zuta's window while Kopyrda is still inside?
9. How does Aunt Hurlecka come to Joey's rescue while he is on the outskirts of town?
10. How does the crowd at the tennis match respond to all the craziness going on around the field?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)