|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda climbs through her window?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She screams.
(d) She kisses him.
2. How does Joey feel about visiting the outskirts of the city in search of the farmhand?
3. How do the two tennis players react to seeing their ball shot into the air?
(a) They were terrified.
(b) They were outraged.
(c) They were confused.
(d) They were amused.
4. Which of the following is not something Joey adds to his fruit compote in the hopes of getting a laugh from the family?
5. Which of the following items is not something Uncle demands from the servant to show him his place in the household?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion overcomes the Marquis when he leaves the tennis match?
2. Which of the following adjectives does not describe the peasant Joey spots hiding in the outskirts of the city?
3. Who does Joey run into a field with at the end of the novel?
4. According to the narrator, what is the worst type of torture?
5. What other character attempts to climb through Zuta's window, professing undying love for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the crowd at the tennis match respond to all the craziness going on around the field?
2. What does the narrator of the novel believe is the worst form of torture in the world?
3. What interesting items does Joey find in Zuta's bedroom when he snoops through her belongings?
4. How does the narrator explain his beliefs that all art is an imitation?
5. How does Aunt Hurlecka come to Joey's rescue while he is on the outskirts of town?
6. What does the narrator of the novel think about symmetry?
7. How does Auntie feel about the budding friendship between Valek and Kneadus?
8. What motivation does the narrator say he has for wanting to be a storyteller?
9. How do Joey and Kneadus fare while searching for the farmhand in the city?
10. How does the colonel respond to the tennis game he is watching in the 18th century?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)