|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges for the valet to be fired after being caught in the woods with Kneadus?
2. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
3. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
4. What part of the ship's body does the colonel's bullet hit?
(a) His back.
(b) His neck.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His leg.
5. What animal is Uncle most afraid of in the wild?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Kopyrda's outfit does Joey find lying on Zuta's bedroom floor?
2. Which of the following is not something Joey adds to his fruit compote in the hopes of getting a laugh from the family?
3. Which of the Youngblood family members is always the first to bathe in the mornings?
4. Which of the following items is not something the narrator feels weighted down by in his greenery?
5. What game does Joey play with Kneadus and the servants on his first day at Auntie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motivation does the narrator say he has for wanting to be a storyteller?
2. How does Zuta respond when she realizes Joey is spying on her?
3. How do Joey and Kneadus fare while searching for the farmhand in the city?
4. How does the narrator explain his beliefs that all art is an imitation?
5. What are Valek and Kneadus doing in the woods when Auntie and Uncle find them there?
6. Why does Joey end up in a field at the end of the novel?
7. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she sees Zuta walking down the street with a boy she doesn't know?
8. What causes the epileptic seizure that frightens the crowd of spectators at the tennis match?
9. Why does Joey alter the fruit compote he is served for dessert with the Youngblood family?
10. What does Joey see when he spies on the Youngblood family as they get ready for the morning in the bathroom?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)