|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey feel about visiting the outskirts of the city in search of the farmhand?
2. How many individual forms of torture does the narrator believe there are in the world?
3. What sound does Joey make through the wall to let Zuta know he's spying on her?
(a) He hiccups.
(b) He coughs.
(c) He clears his throat.
(d) He sneezes.
4. Which of the following adjectives does not describe the peasant Joey spots hiding in the outskirts of the city?
5. What part of the ship's body does the colonel's bullet hit?
(a) His neck.
(b) His back.
(c) His leg.
(d) His stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gentlemen ride their women up to the Marquis when they see him in the crowd?
2. What motivation does the narrator give as to why he wants to tell his stories?
3. Who arranges for the valet to be fired after being caught in the woods with Kneadus?
4. Who does Joey run into a field with at the end of the novel?
5. How does Aunt Hulecka feel about Kneadus befriending her staff?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joey feel about the decorations in Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
2. How does Aunt Hurlecka come to Joey's rescue while he is on the outskirts of town?
3. What happens when Pimko also arrives outside Zuta's window while Kopyrda is still inside?
4. How does the colonel respond to the tennis game he is watching in the 18th century?
5. How does Zuta respond when she realizes Joey is spying on her?
6. What does the narrator of the novel believe is the worst form of torture in the world?
7. What motivation does the narrator say he has for wanting to be a storyteller?
8. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes that Joey is in love with Zuta?
9. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she sees Zuta walking down the street with a boy she doesn't know?
10. Why does Joey alter the fruit compote he is served for dessert with the Youngblood family?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)