|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Paragraphs and sentences.
(c) Innumerable tiny parts.
(d) Emotions and responses.
2. How does Joey peep at Zuta?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through the crack in the door.
(c) Through a keyhole.
(d) Through a two-way mirror.
3. How does Joey feel about the relationship between Pimko and the school girl?
(a) He doesn't care about it.
(b) He thinks it is inappropriate.
(c) He doesn't know about it.
(d) He is jealous of it.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the conversations the Youngblood family has around the dinner table each night?
5. Which of the following is not a reason why Kneadus rejects companionship from a particular farmhand?
(a) Because he is wearing a bowler's hat.
(b) Because his political leanings are too extreme.
(c) Because his vocabulary is too large.
(d) Because he isn't good looking enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following communists has a speech given to Kneadus by a peasant?
2. How long did Joey live in his childhood home before his family moved away?
3. What part of Mrs. Youngblood's body are particularly white and grotesque to Joey?
4. Which of the following items is not something the narrator feels weighted down by in his greenery?
5. At what hour of the day does Mrs. Youngblood always come to check on Zuta's homework?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Hurlecka come to Joey's rescue while he is on the outskirts of town?
2. Why does Joey alter the fruit compote he is served for dessert with the Youngblood family?
3. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda sneaks through her bedroom window?
4. What interesting items does Joey find in Zuta's bedroom when he snoops through her belongings?
5. How does Auntie feel about the budding friendship between Valek and Kneadus?
6. How do Joey and Kneadus fare while searching for the farmhand in the city?
7. How does the colonel respond to the tennis game he is watching in the 18th century?
8. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she sees Zuta walking down the street with a boy she doesn't know?
9. What motivation does the narrator say he has for wanting to be a storyteller?
10. What does Joey see when he spies on the Youngblood family as they get ready for the morning in the bathroom?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)