|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does not describe the peasant Joey spots hiding in the outskirts of the city?
2. When Joey first arrives at Aunt Hurlecka's house, what is the only topic of conversation he engages in?
3. In what century does the tennis match take place?
(a) The 18th century.
(b) The 19th century.
(c) The 17th century.
(d) The 20th century.
4. What animal is Uncle most afraid of in the wild?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the conversations the Youngblood family has around the dinner table each night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Joey adds to his fruit compote in the hopes of getting a laugh from the family?
2. Which of the following laws does the narrator claim demands a preface?
3. Which of the following nursery rhyme characters invades Joey's daydreams while he is in class?
4. Which of the following processes is not one the narrator is quick to do?
5. What emotion overcomes the Marquis when he leaves the tennis match?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she sees Zuta walking down the street with a boy she doesn't know?
2. How does Kneadus react when he sees the farmhand he has been searching for working at Auntie's house?
3. Why does Joey alter the fruit compote he is served for dessert with the Youngblood family?
4. How does Auntie feel about the budding friendship between Valek and Kneadus?
5. What interesting items does Joey find in Zuta's bedroom when he snoops through her belongings?
6. How do Joey and Kneadus fare while searching for the farmhand in the city?
7. What does the narrator of the novel believe is the worst form of torture in the world?
8. What does the narrator of the novel think about symmetry?
9. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes that Joey is in love with Zuta?
10. What causes the epileptic seizure that frightens the crowd of spectators at the tennis match?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)