|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
2. In what types of positions does Joey hope he catches Zuta in while peeping on her?
(a) Ugly situations.
(b) Vulnerable situations.
(c) Sexy situations.
(d) Mundane situations.
3. How many spectators are at the tennis match?
4. Which of the following groups of people is not one to whom the narrator compares his literary work?
(a) Office workers.
5. What does Joey pay the beggar in the street to hold in his mouth?
(a) A stick.
(b) A moth.
(c) A flower.
(d) A starfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the tennis player who plays in the one match the narrator remembers?
2. Which of the following is not something the narrator claims gives him inspiration in his writing life?
3. Which of the following nursery rhyme characters invades Joey's daydreams while he is in class?
4. Which of the following characters screams that there is a thief in the house when Kopyrda is heard in Zuta's bedroom?
5. How does Joey peep at Zuta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey end up in a field at the end of the novel?
2. What are Valek and Kneadus doing in the woods when Auntie and Uncle find them there?
3. How does the narrator explain his beliefs that all art is an imitation?
4. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes that Joey is in love with Zuta?
5. What happens when Joey and Kneadus reach the edge of the city in their search for the farmhand?
6. What does the narrator of the novel believe is the worst form of torture in the world?
7. How does Joey feel about the decorations in Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
8. How does Mr. Youngblood react to the scene he walks into in Zuta's bedroom while looking for thieves?
9. What interesting items does Joey find in Zuta's bedroom when he snoops through her belongings?
10. What does the narrator of the novel think about symmetry?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)