|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes Joey is in love with her daughter?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is amused.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is outraged.
2. What are the peasants on the outskirts of town afraid the boys have come to steal from them?
(a) Their money.
(b) Their good.
(c) Their souls.
(d) Their food.
3. What nationality is the tennis player who plays in the one match the narrator remembers?
4. When Joey first arrives at Aunt Hurlecka's house, what is the only topic of conversation he engages in?
5. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Innumerable tiny parts.
(c) Emotions and responses.
(d) Paragraphs and sentences.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what types of positions does Joey hope he catches Zuta in while peeping on her?
2. How does Joey peep at Zuta?
3. How many gentlemen ride their women up to the Marquis when they see him in the crowd?
4. How many individual forms of torture does the narrator believe there are in the world?
5. Which of the following is not something the narrator claims gives him inspiration in his writing life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey end up in a field at the end of the novel?
2. What interesting items does Joey find in Zuta's bedroom when he snoops through her belongings?
3. How do Joey and Kneadus fare while searching for the farmhand in the city?
4. How does Aunt Hurlecka come to Joey's rescue while he is on the outskirts of town?
5. Who starts the final brawl of the novel?
6. What is the residual effects of the battle between Syphus and Kneadus the day after?
7. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda sneaks through her bedroom window?
8. How does the narrator explain his beliefs that all art is an imitation?
9. How does the colonel respond to the tennis game he is watching in the 18th century?
10. What happens when Joey and Kneadus reach the edge of the city in their search for the farmhand?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)