|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Joey perform in Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
(a) He dances on her floors.
(b) He steals her pocket change.
(c) He rifles through her underwear drawer.
(d) He sleeps in her bed.
2. Which of the following genres of literature is not one the narrator believes this novel could fit into?
(a) Graphic novel.
3. While she is doing her language homework, how does Zuta feel about the confrontation that happened at the dinner table earlier that night?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is frustrated.
(d) She is hurt.
4. Which of the following adjectives is not one Joey uses to describe Mr. and Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
5. Which of the following processes is not one the narrator is quick to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle find the valet doing for Kneadus out in the woods, which enrages him?
2. Which of the following communists has a speech given to Kneadus by a peasant?
3. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
4. When Joey first arrives at Aunt Hurlecka's house, what is the only topic of conversation he engages in?
5. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda climbs through her window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Joey and Kneadus reach the edge of the city in their search for the farmhand?
2. What is the residual effects of the battle between Syphus and Kneadus the day after?
3. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she sees Zuta walking down the street with a boy she doesn't know?
4. How does Joey feel about the decorations in Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
5. What interesting items does Joey find in Zuta's bedroom when he snoops through her belongings?
6. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda sneaks through her bedroom window?
7. How does Zuta respond when she realizes Joey is spying on her?
8. What does the narrator of the novel believe is the worst form of torture in the world?
9. What are Valek and Kneadus doing in the woods when Auntie and Uncle find them there?
10. What happens when Pimko also arrives outside Zuta's window while Kopyrda is still inside?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)