|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many spectators are at the tennis match?
2. What game does Joey play with Kneadus and the servants on his first day at Auntie's house?
3. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
4. In what century does the tennis match take place?
(a) The 18th century.
(b) The 17th century.
(c) The 19th century.
(d) The 20th century.
5. How does Joey feel about visiting the outskirts of the city in search of the farmhand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the valet Kneadus is in love with?
2. Which of the following is not a form of torture discussed by the narrator in this novel?
3. Which of the following nursery rhyme characters invades Joey's daydreams while he is in class?
4. What topic of conversation are the Youngbloods in when the parents argue about passing the salt?
5. What other character attempts to climb through Zuta's window, professing undying love for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey end up in a field at the end of the novel?
2. What happens when Joey and Kneadus reach the edge of the city in their search for the farmhand?
3. Who starts the final brawl of the novel?
4. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes that Joey is in love with Zuta?
5. How does Mr. Youngblood react to the scene he walks into in Zuta's bedroom while looking for thieves?
6. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda sneaks through her bedroom window?
7. How does the narrator explain his beliefs that all art is an imitation?
8. What is the residual effects of the battle between Syphus and Kneadus the day after?
9. What does the narrator of the novel think about symmetry?
10. How does Aunt Hurlecka come to Joey's rescue while he is on the outskirts of town?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)