|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
(a) Innumerable tiny parts.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Emotions and responses.
(d) Paragraphs and sentences.
2. Which of the following genres of literature is not one the narrator believes this novel could fit into?
(c) Graphic novel.
3. Which of the following characters frequently takes a cold shower in the morning rather than a bath?
(a) Mrs. Youngblood.
(b) Mr. Youngblood.
4. In what types of positions does Joey hope he catches Zuta in while peeping on her?
(a) Vulnerable situations.
(b) Sexy situations.
(c) Ugly situations.
(d) Mundane situations.
5. Which of the following communists has a speech given to Kneadus by a peasant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the after effect of the fight on Kneadus the next day at school?
2. What sound does Joey make through the wall to let Zuta know he's spying on her?
3. Which of the following is not something the narrator claims gives him inspiration in his writing life?
4. What does Joey find inside Zuta's tennis shoe that makes his heart beat quickly?
5. How do the Youngbloods react when they see Kopyrda in their daughter's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey alter the fruit compote he is served for dessert with the Youngblood family?
2. What motivation does the narrator say he has for wanting to be a storyteller?
3. What are Valek and Kneadus doing in the woods when Auntie and Uncle find them there?
4. What does Joey see when he spies on the Youngblood family as they get ready for the morning in the bathroom?
5. Why does Joey end up in a field at the end of the novel?
6. What happens when Pimko also arrives outside Zuta's window while Kopyrda is still inside?
7. How does the colonel respond to the tennis game he is watching in the 18th century?
8. How does Aunt Hurlecka come to Joey's rescue while he is on the outskirts of town?
9. What happens when the Marquis de Filiberthe joins the brawl at the tennis match?
10. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes that Joey is in love with Zuta?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)