|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following genres of literature is not one the narrator believes this novel could fit into?
(a) Graphic novel.
2. How many individual forms of torture does the narrator believe there are in the world?
3. Which of the following characters screams that there is a thief in the house when Kopyrda is heard in Zuta's bedroom?
(c) Mrs. Youngblood.
(d) Mr. Youngblood.
4. What part of Mrs. Youngblood's body are particularly white and grotesque to Joey?
(a) Her calves.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her shoulders.
(d) Her thighs.
5. What do the sophisticated members of the tennis audience do when they see the brawl breaking out?
(a) They applaud.
(b) The ignore the commotion.
(c) They gasp.
(d) They exit the arena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following processes is not one the narrator is quick to do?
2. What happens when the ship owner's wife slaps the man sitting next to her?
3. How does Joey feel about visiting the outskirts of the city in search of the farmhand?
4. Which of the following adjectives does not describe the peasant Joey spots hiding in the outskirts of the city?
5. What sound do the boys hear as they make their way to the outskirts of the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey alter the fruit compote he is served for dessert with the Youngblood family?
2. How do Joey and Kneadus fare while searching for the farmhand in the city?
3. How does Zuta respond when she realizes Joey is spying on her?
4. How does Kneadus react when he sees the farmhand he has been searching for working at Auntie's house?
5. What does the narrator of the novel think about symmetry?
6. Who starts the final brawl of the novel?
7. How does Aunt Hurlecka come to Joey's rescue while he is on the outskirts of town?
8. What does Joey see when he spies on the Youngblood family as they get ready for the morning in the bathroom?
9. How does the crowd at the tennis match respond to all the craziness going on around the field?
10. What happens when Joey and Kneadus reach the edge of the city in their search for the farmhand?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)