|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
2. What sound do the boys hear as they make their way to the outskirts of the city?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) Monkeys howling.
(c) Cats mewling.
(d) Roosters crowing.
3. What sound does Joey make through the wall to let Zuta know he's spying on her?
(a) He clears his throat.
(b) He coughs.
(c) He hiccups.
(d) He sneezes.
4. Which of the following is not something Joey adds to his fruit compote in the hopes of getting a laugh from the family?
5. Which of the Youngblood family members is always the first to bathe in the mornings?
(a) All the Youngbloods bathe together.
(b) Zuta Youngblood.
(c) Mr. Youngblood.
(d) Mrs. Youngblood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what types of positions does Joey hope he catches Zuta in while peeping on her?
2. Which of the following groups of men almost passes as "good enough" for Kneadus' desire to meet a farmhand?
3. How does Mrs. Youngblood feel about the prospect of her young daughter getting pregnant?
4. What nationality is the tennis player who plays in the one match the narrator remembers?
5. How many gentlemen ride their women up to the Marquis when they see him in the crowd?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator explain his beliefs that all art is an imitation?
2. How does the crowd at the tennis match respond to all the craziness going on around the field?
3. What causes the epileptic seizure that frightens the crowd of spectators at the tennis match?
4. Why does Joey end up in a field at the end of the novel?
5. How does Zuta respond when she realizes Joey is spying on her?
6. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda sneaks through her bedroom window?
7. What are Valek and Kneadus doing in the woods when Auntie and Uncle find them there?
8. What interesting items does Joey find in Zuta's bedroom when he snoops through her belongings?
9. How does Mr. Youngblood react to the scene he walks into in Zuta's bedroom while looking for thieves?
10. Why does Joey alter the fruit compote he is served for dessert with the Youngblood family?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)