|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what hour of the day does Mrs. Youngblood always come to check on Zuta's homework?
2. What part about Mrs. Youngblood is particularly annoying to Joey when he thinks about her?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her height.
(d) Her stained teeth.
3. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
4. Which of the following characters did not write a love letter to Zuta that she keeps in her bedroom dresser?
5. What animal is Uncle most afraid of in the wild?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accuses the valet of stealing the family's silver?
2. How many gentlemen ride their women up to the Marquis when they see him in the crowd?
3. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
4. Who does Joey run into a field with at the end of the novel?
5. What do the sophisticated members of the tennis audience do when they see the brawl breaking out?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator explain his beliefs that all art is an imitation?
2. How does Zuta respond when she realizes Joey is spying on her?
3. What motivation does the narrator say he has for wanting to be a storyteller?
4. How does Auntie feel about the budding friendship between Valek and Kneadus?
5. What does the narrator of the novel think about symmetry?
6. Why does Joey alter the fruit compote he is served for dessert with the Youngblood family?
7. How does the colonel respond to the tennis game he is watching in the 18th century?
8. How does Kneadus react when he sees the farmhand he has been searching for working at Auntie's house?
9. Who starts the final brawl of the novel?
10. What happens when Joey and Kneadus reach the edge of the city in their search for the farmhand?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)