|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joey think he is going in life?
(a) Joey thinks he's headed for failure.
(b) Joey thinks he's going to careen out of control.
(c) Joey doesn't think he's going anywhere.
(d) Joey thinks he's headed toward success.
2. What does Joey do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a dancer.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a sculpter.
3. Which of the following groups of people does Kneadus praise?
4. How much money does Filibur spend to get his wife's health back to normal?
5. What is the name of the gang of boys Syphon puts together?
(a) The Lads.
(b) The Men.
(c) The Dudes.
(d) The Guys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Kneadus bring over to drink with Joey in his new home?
2. Where does Filibur know he must slap Momsen to save his wife's life?
3. When Joey dreams of seeing himself in various forms of maturity in a dream, how do his other "selves" treat each other?
4. Which of the following characters does the schoolgirl remind Joey of when he first meets her?
5. What grade does the teacher give to all the students to translate languages?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Doctor Filidor?
2. What community does the narrator claim is the stupidest community of all, and why?
3. How is Mrs. Filidor caught in the crossfires of her husband's battle?
4. How does the dual between Filidor and Momsen end?
5. What happens in the battle of face-pulling between Syphus and Kneadus?
6. How does the narrator feel about Chopin?
7. How does the narrator claim a novel is truly read?
8. Why doesn't Kopydra want to engage in the dual between the lads and the guys?
9. How do the school kids respond when they see Pimko spying on them, taking notes?
10. What bizarre dream does Joey have the night before the novel opens?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)