|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the outside world's opinion of Joey?
2. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
3. Who does Kneadus challenge to a dual of pulling faces?
4. How does Syphon rally his men when they seem to dwindle in the schoolyard fight?
(a) He sings to them.
(b) He threatens them.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He screams curses at them.
5. How does the schoolgirl react when she realizes that Joey is watching her talk on the phone?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She screams for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
2. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
3. Which of the schoolgirl's body parts are most intriguing to Joey when he first meets her?
4. According to the narrator, what are all underdeveloped artists bound to create?
5. What does Joey believe a writer's job should be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Youngblood's reaction to Joey's age?
2. Why doesn't Kopydra want to engage in the dual between the lads and the guys?
3. Who is Kopydra?
4. What relationship does Pimko hope will transpire between Joey and Zuta?
5. Who are the Youngbloods?
6. How do the school kids respond when they see Pimko spying on them, taking notes?
7. What bizarre dream does Joey have the night before the novel opens?
8. Who is Doctor Filidor?
9. What type of writers does Joey find most annoying in the literary world?
10. What complaint does the teacher have when Pimko drops Joey off for his first day of school?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)