|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
2. Which of the following items is not something then narrator considers an interruption in life?
(a) The telephone.
(b) Daily trivia.
(d) The doorbell.
3. What physical change does Joey feel in his body as he is speaking with Dr. Pimko?
(a) He feels himself expanding.
(b) He feels himself shrinking.
(c) He feels himself heating-up.
(d) He feels himself shaking.
4. Who does Kneadus choose as his second in defense during the dual?
5. What does Joey dream about at the opening of the novel?
(a) Lassoing a hog.
(b) Canoeing down a river.
(c) Fighting a bull.
(d) Catching a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the gang of boys Kneadus puts together?
2. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
3. Which of the following words does Pimko use to express "bottom"?
4. Who does Kneadus challenge to a dual of pulling faces?
5. How do the students in Joey's classroom react when they meet him for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey alter the fruit compote he is served for dessert with the Youngblood family?
2. How do the students in Joey's classroom treat their teachers?
3. How do the students in Joey's English class feel about the Polish poet, Slsowacki?
4. How do the students in Joey's class respond when they are asked to translate Latin?
5. How does Dr. Pimko react when he reads the writing Joey has completed after waking from his strange dream?
6. Why doesn't Kopydra want to engage in the dual between the lads and the guys?
7. What happens when the Marquis de Filiberthe joins the brawl at the tennis match?
8. What motivation does the narrator say he has for wanting to be a storyteller?
9. How does the colonel respond to the tennis game he is watching in the 18th century?
10. What is the residual effects of the battle between Syphus and Kneadus the day after?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)