|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the first to question Joey about his real age?
(a) Mr. Youngblood.
(b) Mrs. Youngblood.
(d) The schoolgirl.
2. What does the narrator extol for creating mythology?
3. What is the schoolgirl doing when Joey barges into her bedroom after the phone call?
(a) She is polishing her shoes.
(b) She is knitting a pair of socks.
(c) She is sewing a button on a jacket.
(d) She is ironing her pants.
4. Who does Kneadus challenge to a dual of pulling faces?
5. What is the name of the schoolgirl's friend who drinks whiskey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey believe a writer's job should be?
2. What unit of currency is used in the town in which Momsen and Filibur live?
3. What is Momsen's girlfriend's name?
4. When Joey storms back into the schoolgirl's bedroom, what blinds him upon entry?
5. Which of the following familial groups has the largest influence on the way Joey lives his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about Chopin?
2. How do the school kids respond when they see Pimko spying on them, taking notes?
3. How does Zuta react when Joey enters her room unannounced?
4. Why does Kneadus burst into the Youngblood family home soon after Joey moves in with the family?
5. How does Dr. Pimko react when he reads the writing Joey has completed after waking from his strange dream?
6. How do the students in Joey's English class feel about the Polish poet, Slsowacki?
7. How does Joey react to hearing Zuta speak on the telephone with her friends?
8. What is Joey's first impression of Zuta when he sees her?
9. Who are the Youngbloods?
10. What happens in the battle of face-pulling between Syphus and Kneadus?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)