Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the schoolgirl?
2. Where does Joey think he is going in life?
(a) Joey doesn't think he's going anywhere.
(b) Joey thinks he's headed toward success.
(c) Joey thinks he's headed for failure.
(d) Joey thinks he's going to careen out of control.
3. What physical change does Joey feel in his body as he is speaking with Dr. Pimko?
(a) He feels himself expanding.
(b) He feels himself shaking.
(c) He feels himself heating-up.
(d) He feels himself shrinking.
4. Which of the following body parts is not one Momsen attacked on Filibur's wife?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her fingers.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her eyes.
5. What sound signifies the end of class at Joey's school?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) A bell ringing.
(c) A cricket chirping.
(d) A rooster crowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the professor who is known as "Anti-Filidor's" real last name?
2. Which of the following sciences does Professor Filidor study?
3. Which community does the narrator think is the stupidest community in the world?
4. What is the name of the modern schoolgirl?
5. How does Syphon rally his men when they seem to dwindle in the schoolyard fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kneadus burst into the Youngblood family home soon after Joey moves in with the family?
2. At the opening of the novel, how does Joey feel when he first wakes from sleep?
3. What happens when Joey and Kneadus reach the edge of the city in their search for the farmhand?
4. How do the students in Joey's classroom treat their teachers?
5. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda sneaks through her bedroom window?
6. How does Zuta react when Joey enters her room unannounced?
7. What happens when the Marquis de Filiberthe joins the brawl at the tennis match?
8. How do Joey and Kneadus fare while searching for the farmhand in the city?
9. How does Joey react to hearing Zuta speak on the telephone with her friends?
10. How does Aunt Hurlecka come to Joey's rescue while he is on the outskirts of town?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)