|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions is not something the children do to try to prove Pimko wrong in his theories about them?
(a) They start fighting.
(b) They start writing graffiti.
(c) They start shredding his notes.
(d) They start swearing.
2. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
(a) A clown.
(b) A doofus.
(c) A child.
(d) A dog.
3. Which of the following words does Pimko use to express "bottom"?
4. Who does Kneadus choose as his second in defense during the dual?
5. What is Momsen's girlfriend's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Joey at the opening of the novel?
2. Who is the one person Kopydra yearns for more than any other?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Doctor T. Pimko?
4. What grade does the teacher give to all the students to translate languages?
5. Through which of his body parts does Kneadus think Syphon's innocence can be ruined?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the dual between Filidor and Momsen end?
2. What division takes place on the schoolyard after Pimko's notes have been read?
3. How does the principal of Joey's school feel about Pimko's psychological style?
4. How do the students in Joey's classroom treat their teachers?
5. How is Mrs. Filidor caught in the crossfires of her husband's battle?
6. What bizarre dream does Joey have the night before the novel opens?
7. At the opening of the novel, how does Joey feel when he first wakes from sleep?
8. What type of literary critic does the narrator despise?
9. Why does Kneadus burst into the Youngblood family home soon after Joey moves in with the family?
10. How do the school kids respond when they see Pimko spying on them, taking notes?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)