|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the schoolgirl's body parts are most intriguing to Joey when he first meets her?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her eyes.
2. What is the name of the schoolgirl's friend who drinks whiskey?
3. What does Mr. Youngblood do for a living?
(a) He is a blacksmith.
(b) He is an engineer.
(c) He is a dentist.
(d) He is a teacher.
4. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when the schoolgirl kicks Joey?
(a) She ignores it.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She scolds Joey.
(d) She slaps her daughter.
5. What does the schoolgirl do to pass her time while she is waiting for her parents to get home after Joey arrives?
(a) She brushes her teeth.
(b) She paints her toenails.
(c) She picks at her skin.
(d) She braids her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical change does Joey feel in his body as he is speaking with Dr. Pimko?
2. Which of the following sciences does Professor Momsen study?
3. What grade does Joey enroll in at the Piórkowski school?
4. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
5. Which of the following characters does the schoolgirl remind Joey of when he first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mrs. Filidor caught in the crossfires of her husband's battle?
2. What reason does Joey give for his own personal struggle with immaturity?
3. What community does the narrator claim is the stupidest community of all, and why?
4. What type of literary critic does the narrator despise?
5. Who is Doctor Filidor?
6. What division takes place on the schoolyard after Pimko's notes have been read?
7. Why does Kneadus burst into the Youngblood family home soon after Joey moves in with the family?
8. Who is Kopydra?
9. What complaint does the teacher have when Pimko drops Joey off for his first day of school?
10. How do the students in Joey's English class feel about the Polish poet, Slsowacki?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)