|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the "cool student" who refuses to take sides in the schoolyard brawl between Kneadus and Syphon?
2. Who is the one person Kopydra yearns for more than any other?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A milkmaid.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A farmhand.
3. What grade does the teacher give to all the students to translate languages?
4. In the dream, how does Joey react when he sees a younger apparition of himself waving to him?
(a) He shakes hands with the apparition.
(b) He waves back to the apparition.
(c) He slaps the apparition in the face.
(d) He runs away from the apparition.
5. Where does Syphon roll his eyes to in his first face for the dual?
(a) To the gods.
(b) To the moon.
(c) To Heaven.
(d) To the stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
2. When Joey storms back into the schoolgirl's bedroom, what blinds him upon entry?
3. At what time of day does Pimko drop Joey off at the Piórkowski school?
4. Instead of acknowledging that Kneadus and Syphus are fighting, what does Pimko insist the boys are doing?
5. Who do the children on the playground think Pimko is when they see him writing notes in hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the opening of the novel, how does Joey feel when he first wakes from sleep?
2. What motivation does the narrator say he has for wanting to be a storyteller?
3. How do the school kids respond when they see Pimko spying on them, taking notes?
4. How does Aunt Hurlecka come to Joey's rescue while he is on the outskirts of town?
5. How does the colonel respond to the tennis game he is watching in the 18th century?
6. How does the principal of Joey's school feel about Pimko's psychological style?
7. What happens when Joey and Kneadus reach the edge of the city in their search for the farmhand?
8. What causes the epileptic seizure that frightens the crowd of spectators at the tennis match?
9. What reason does Joey give for his own personal struggle with immaturity?
10. What does the narrator of the novel think about symmetry?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)