|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the dual, loudly clattering into the classroom?
2. How does Joey feel about having to stay with the Youngbloods while he is in school?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
3. What physical change does Joey feel in his body as he is speaking with Dr. Pimko?
(a) He feels himself shaking.
(b) He feels himself shrinking.
(c) He feels himself heating-up.
(d) He feels himself expanding.
4. What is the name of the modern schoolgirl?
5. What does Mr. Youngblood do for a living?
(a) He is an engineer.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a dentist.
(d) He is a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
2. Which verb does the teacher want the students to translate even though they are not interested?
3. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
4. What does the narrator think will happen to a novel in which the first word is heroic?
5. Which of the following adjectives is not used by Joey to describe the schoolgirl when he sees her for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the students in Joey's class respond when they are asked to translate Latin?
2. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda sneaks through her bedroom window?
3. How does the dual between Filidor and Momsen end?
4. Why does Joey alter the fruit compote he is served for dessert with the Youngblood family?
5. How do the students in Joey's English class feel about the Polish poet, Slsowacki?
6. Who is Kopydra?
7. Why does Joey end up in a field at the end of the novel?
8. What does Joey see when he spies on the Youngblood family as they get ready for the morning in the bathroom?
9. Why does Joey create a peephole between his bedroom and Zuta's bedroom?
10. What happens in the battle of face-pulling between Syphus and Kneadus?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)