|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declares the winner of the dual?
2. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
(a) They are apathetic.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are outraged.
3. What is the name of the "cool student" who refuses to take sides in the schoolyard brawl between Kneadus and Syphon?
4. Through which of his body parts does Kneadus think Syphon's innocence can be ruined?
(a) Through his eyes.
(b) Through his ears.
(c) Through his hands.
(d) Through his lungs.
5. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
(a) Hand grenades.
(d) Clods of dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is not something then narrator considers an interruption in life?
2. How does Joey feel when he wakes up from his bizarre dream at the opening of the novel?
3. In the dream, how does Joey react when he sees a younger apparition of himself waving to him?
4. Who interrupts the dual, loudly clattering into the classroom?
5. Which of the following familial groups has the largest influence on the way Joey lives his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the school kids respond when they see Pimko spying on them, taking notes?
2. What complaint does the teacher have when Pimko drops Joey off for his first day of school?
3. Why doesn't Kopydra want to engage in the dual between the lads and the guys?
4. What relationship does Pimko hope will transpire between Joey and Zuta?
5. What reason does Joey give for his own personal struggle with immaturity?
6. Why does Kneadus burst into the Youngblood family home soon after Joey moves in with the family?
7. Who is Doctor Momsen?
8. How is Mrs. Filidor caught in the crossfires of her husband's battle?
9. What career path has Joey chosen for himself, and what is the general consensus from his family?
10. How does Dr. Pimko react when he reads the writing Joey has completed after waking from his strange dream?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)