|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joey dreams of seeing himself in various forms of maturity in a dream, how do his other "selves" treat each other?
(a) They pat each other on the backs.
(b) They love and grope each other.
(c) They ridicule each other.
(d) They ignore each other.
2. Who interrupts the dual, loudly clattering into the classroom?
3. At what time of day does Pimko drop Joey off at the Piórkowski school?
(a) At lunch.
(b) At final bell.
(c) At first bell.
(d) Afer school is out for the day.
4. Which community does the narrator think is the stupidest community in the world?
(a) The academic community.
(b) The art community.
(c) The religious community.
(d) The sports community.
5. What does Mr. Youngblood do for a living?
(a) He is a blacksmith.
(b) He is an engineer.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a dentist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the schoolgirl react when she realizes that Joey is watching her talk on the phone?
2. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
3. What does the narrator think will happen to a novel in which the first word is heroic?
4. How does Joey feel when he wakes up from his bizarre dream at the opening of the novel?
5. When Joey storms back into the schoolgirl's bedroom, what blinds him upon entry?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the opening of the novel, how does Joey feel when he first wakes from sleep?
2. What happens in the battle of face-pulling between Syphus and Kneadus?
3. How does the narrator feel about Chopin?
4. What career path has Joey chosen for himself, and what is the general consensus from his family?
5. Who are the Youngbloods?
6. Who is Kopydra?
7. How does Zuta react when Joey enters her room unannounced?
8. What is Joey's first impression of Zuta when he sees her?
9. How is Mrs. Filidor caught in the crossfires of her husband's battle?
10. What type of literary critic does the narrator despise?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)