|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the dual, loudly clattering into the classroom?
2. Where does Pimko hide while taking notes on the children while they play at the playground?
(a) Behind a dumpster.
(b) Behind a tree.
(c) In his car.
(d) Underneath the slide.
3. Which of the following groups of people does Kneadus praise?
4. How does Joey feel when he wakes up from his bizarre dream at the opening of the novel?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is terrified.
5. Which of the following sciences does Professor Momsen study?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Pimko use to express "bottom"?
2. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
3. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
4. What does the schoolgirl do to pass her time while she is waiting for her parents to get home after Joey arrives?
5. In which city do professors Momsen and Filidor meet for their battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the battle of face-pulling between Syphus and Kneadus?
2. How does the principal of Joey's school feel about Pimko's psychological style?
3. What career path has Joey chosen for himself, and what is the general consensus from his family?
4. Why does Kneadus burst into the Youngblood family home soon after Joey moves in with the family?
5. What community does the narrator claim is the stupidest community of all, and why?
6. Who is Kopydra?
7. At the opening of the novel, how does Joey feel when he first wakes from sleep?
8. How do the students in Joey's English class feel about the Polish poet, Slsowacki?
9. Who is Doctor Filidor?
10. How does the dual between Filidor and Momsen end?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)