|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does the schoolgirl remind Joey of when he first meets her?
2. Which of the following items is not something then narrator considers an interruption in life?
(a) Daily trivia.
(c) The doorbell.
(d) The telephone.
3. What does the narrator extol for creating mythology?
4. Which verb does the teacher want the students to translate even though they are not interested?
5. What is the name of the modern schoolgirl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following career choices does Joey find most annoying?
2. Which of the following metaphors does the narrator use to describe the way a novel is constructed?
3. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
4. Where does Filibur know he must slap Momsen to save his wife's life?
5. What does the teacher complain to Pimko about in regard to his students?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Youngbloods?
2. How do the students in Joey's class respond when they are asked to translate Latin?
3. What complaint does the teacher have when Pimko drops Joey off for his first day of school?
4. What type of literary critic does the narrator despise?
5. Why does Kneadus burst into the Youngblood family home soon after Joey moves in with the family?
6. How does the principal of Joey's school feel about Pimko's psychological style?
7. How does Dr. Pimko react when he reads the writing Joey has completed after waking from his strange dream?
8. What community does the narrator claim is the stupidest community of all, and why?
9. How do the students in Joey's classroom treat their teachers?
10. What division takes place on the schoolyard after Pimko's notes have been read?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)