|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade does Joey enroll in at the Piórkowski school?
(a) Eight grade.
(b) Forth grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Second grade.
2. Who does Kneadus choose as his second in defense during the dual?
3. What is the name of the "cool student" who refuses to take sides in the schoolyard brawl between Kneadus and Syphon?
4. What does the narrator think will happen to a novel in which the first word is heroic?
(a) The novel will end on a note of desperation.
(b) The novel will ultimately fail.
(c) The author will feel trapped by that word.
(d) The author will be confused with his intentions.
5. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does the schoolgirl remind Joey of when he first meets her?
2. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when the schoolgirl kicks Joey?
3. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
4. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
5. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Doctor Momsen?
2. Why does Kneadus burst into the Youngblood family home soon after Joey moves in with the family?
3. How does Joey react when Zuta calls him a clown?
4. What community does the narrator claim is the stupidest community of all, and why?
5. At the opening of the novel, how does Joey feel when he first wakes from sleep?
6. What division takes place on the schoolyard after Pimko's notes have been read?
7. What is Joey's first impression of Zuta when he sees her?
8. How do the school kids respond when they see Pimko spying on them, taking notes?
9. Who are the Youngbloods?
10. Why doesn't Kopydra want to engage in the dual between the lads and the guys?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)