|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator claim novels are properly read?
(a) One page at a time.
(b) In parts.
(c) Novels are never properly read.
(d) From cover to cover.
2. How does Kopydra react when Joey tries to engage him in the schoolyard battle?
(a) He ignores Joey completely.
(b) He punches Joey in the face.
(c) He joins the battle.
(d) He jumps out the window.
3. Which of the following nicknames does Dr. Pimko give to Joey?
(a) Little Chickie.
(b) Little Fishie.
(c) Little Puppy.
(d) Little Bunny.
4. Where does Pimko hide while taking notes on the children while they play at the playground?
(a) In his car.
(b) Behind a dumpster.
(c) Behind a tree.
(d) Underneath the slide.
5. Which of the following adjectives is not used by Joey to describe the schoolgirl when he sees her for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins in the pistol shootout between Momsen and Filibur?
2. How do the students in Joey's classroom react when they meet him for the first time?
3. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
4. How does Syphon rally his men when they seem to dwindle in the schoolyard fight?
5. What is the professor who is known as "Anti-Filidor's" real last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mrs. Filidor caught in the crossfires of her husband's battle?
2. How does Joey react to hearing Zuta speak on the telephone with her friends?
3. How do the students in Joey's English class feel about the Polish poet, Slsowacki?
4. How does the principal of Joey's school feel about Pimko's psychological style?
5. What is Mrs. Youngblood's reaction to Joey's age?
6. Why doesn't Kopydra want to engage in the dual between the lads and the guys?
7. What type of literary critic does the narrator despise?
8. What reason does Joey give for his own personal struggle with immaturity?
9. What career path has Joey chosen for himself, and what is the general consensus from his family?
10. What relationship does Pimko hope will transpire between Joey and Zuta?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)