|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Joey at the opening of the novel?
2. At what time of day does Pimko drop Joey off at the Piórkowski school?
(a) At final bell.
(b) Afer school is out for the day.
(c) At first bell.
(d) At lunch.
3. Who interrupts the dual, loudly clattering into the classroom?
4. What is Momsen's girlfriend's name?
5. Who do the children on the playground think Pimko is when they see him writing notes in hiding?
(a) An escaped criminal.
(b) A police officer.
(c) The school inspector.
(d) The school nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
2. What fruit is the narrator interested in knowing the reader's opinion of?
3. What is the name of the modern schoolgirl?
4. Which of the following actions is not something the children do to try to prove Pimko wrong in his theories about them?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the outside world's opinion of Joey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Youngblood's reaction to Joey's age?
2. What career path has Joey chosen for himself, and what is the general consensus from his family?
3. What complaint does the teacher have when Pimko drops Joey off for his first day of school?
4. Why does Kneadus burst into the Youngblood family home soon after Joey moves in with the family?
5. How does Joey react when Zuta calls him a clown?
6. How does Joey react to hearing Zuta speak on the telephone with her friends?
7. What type of literary critic does the narrator despise?
8. How does Dr. Pimko react when he reads the writing Joey has completed after waking from his strange dream?
9. How do the students in Joey's English class feel about the Polish poet, Slsowacki?
10. Who is Doctor Filidor?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)