|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey peep at Zuta?
(a) Through a keyhole.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through the crack in the door.
(d) Through a two-way mirror.
2. How many spectators are at the tennis match?
3. How does Aunt Hulecka feel about Kneadus befriending her staff?
(a) She is confused by it.
(b) She is apathetic to it.
(c) She is excited by it.
(d) She is outraged by it.
4. What is the after effect of the fight on Kneadus the next day at school?
(a) He is missing four teeth.
(b) His arms and legs are badly scarred.
(c) His face is stuck in a grimace.
(d) He has gone mute.
5. Which of the following nursery rhyme characters invades Joey's daydreams while he is in class?
(a) Peter Piper.
(b) The Little Red Hen.
(c) Puss and Boots.
(d) Mother Goose.
6. Which of the following characters frequently takes a cold shower in the morning rather than a bath?
(a) Mr. Youngblood.
(c) Mrs. Youngblood.
7. What part of the ship's body does the colonel's bullet hit?
(a) His leg.
(b) His back.
(c) His neck.
(d) His stomach.
8. What time does Zuta go to bed at night?
9. What bizarre action does Joey watch Zuta do after he hears her groaning in the dark?
(a) Whipping herself with a belt.
(b) Banging her head against a wall.
(c) Beating herself with a shoe.
(d) Cutting herself with a scissors.
10. What emotion overcomes the Marquis when he leaves the tennis match?
11. How many children does Aunt Hurlecka have?
12. Which of the following adjectives does not describe the peasant Joey spots hiding in the outskirts of the city?
13. Which of the following items is not something the narrator feels weighted down by in his greenery?
14. What motivation does Uncle think Kneadus has in befriending the valet?
(a) He thinks Kneadus has low self-esteem.
(b) He thinks Kneadus is making a political statement.
(c) He thinks Kneadus is desperate for friends.
(d) He thinks Kneadus is making a religious statement.
15. Who accuses the valet of stealing the family's silver?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Uncle most afraid of in the wild?
2. Which of the following words is not one Joey writes on the wall of the Youngbloods' bathroom?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the conversations the Youngblood family has around the dinner table each night?
4. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
5. How does Syphus kill himself?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)