|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Youngblood react when Mrs. Youngblood tells him he is acting childishly?
(a) He slaps her across the face.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He ignores her completely.
(d) He storms out of the house.
2. What action does Joey perform in Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
(a) He sleeps in her bed.
(b) He steals her pocket change.
(c) He rifles through her underwear drawer.
(d) He dances on her floors.
3. What topic of conversation are the Youngbloods in when the parents argue about passing the salt?
(a) Off shore bank accounts.
(b) The benefits of recycling.
(c) The death penalty.
(d) Celebrity baby names.
4. How does the schoolgirl respond when her parents ask her who the young boy was they saw her with?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is embarrassed.
5. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
6. What is the name of the valet Kneadus is in love with?
7. Which of the following communists has a speech given to Kneadus by a peasant?
8. Which of the following adjectives is not one Joey uses to describe Mr. and Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
9. Which of the following characters frequently takes a cold shower in the morning rather than a bath?
(a) Mr. Youngblood.
(b) Mrs. Youngblood.
10. How does Aunt Hulecka feel about Kneadus befriending her staff?
(a) She is confused by it.
(b) She is outraged by it.
(c) She is apathetic to it.
(d) She is excited by it.
11. How does Mrs. Youngblood feel about the prospect of her young daughter getting pregnant?
(a) She is sure it will happen.
(b) She doesn't care.
(c) She hasn't ever thought of it.
(d) She is frightened by the thought.
12. What does Joey pay the beggar in the street to hold in his mouth?
(a) A starfish.
(b) A flower.
(c) A moth.
(d) A stick.
13. Which of the following items is not something Uncle demands from the servant to show him his place in the household?
14. How many children does Aunt Hurlecka have?
15. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
(a) Emotions and responses.
(b) Innumerable tiny parts.
(c) Paragraphs and sentences.
(d) Black and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey find inside Zuta's tennis shoe that makes his heart beat quickly?
2. What motivation does Uncle think Kneadus has in befriending the valet?
3. What sound do the boys hear as they make their way to the outskirts of the city?
4. While she is doing her language homework, how does Zuta feel about the confrontation that happened at the dinner table earlier that night?
5. What part of the ship's body does the colonel's bullet hit?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)