|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the ship's body does the colonel's bullet hit?
(a) His neck.
(b) His back.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His leg.
2. What is the name of the valet Kneadus is in love with?
3. Which of the following groups of people is not one to whom the narrator compares his literary work?
(a) Office workers.
4. How many spectators are at the tennis match?
5. What is the after effect of the fight on Kneadus the next day at school?
(a) He has gone mute.
(b) His face is stuck in a grimace.
(c) He is missing four teeth.
(d) His arms and legs are badly scarred.
6. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda climbs through her window?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She screams.
(d) She slaps him.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes the conversations the Youngblood family has around the dinner table each night?
8. According to the narrator, what is the worst type of torture?
(a) Bad breath.
(b) Bad forms.
(c) Bad eggs.
(d) Bad dogs.
9. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
10. What sound does Joey make through the wall to let Zuta know he's spying on her?
(a) He sneezes.
(b) He coughs.
(c) He hiccups.
(d) He clears his throat.
11. What motivation does the narrator give as to why he wants to tell his stories?
(a) To seek revenge on those he does not like.
(b) To record his own personal history.
(c) To fool the audience into thinking anything matters.
(d) To pass down generations of his family's stories.
12. What motivation does Uncle think Kneadus has in befriending the valet?
(a) He thinks Kneadus is making a religious statement.
(b) He thinks Kneadus is desperate for friends.
(c) He thinks Kneadus is making a political statement.
(d) He thinks Kneadus has low self-esteem.
13. What part of Mrs. Youngblood's body are particularly white and grotesque to Joey?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her thighs.
(c) Her shoulders.
(d) Her calves.
14. What language does Zuta study in school?
15. What does Joey's Aunt Hurlecka keep in the pockets of her apron?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bizarre action does Joey watch Zuta do after he hears her groaning in the dark?
2. While she is doing her language homework, how does Zuta feel about the confrontation that happened at the dinner table earlier that night?
3. Which of the following processes is not one the narrator is quick to do?
4. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes Joey is in love with her daughter?
5. Which of the Youngblood family members is always the first to bathe in the mornings?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)