|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda climbs through her window?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She screams.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She slaps him.
2. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
(a) Because he was competitive.
(b) Because he was excited.
(c) Because he was jealous.
(d) Because he was bored.
3. What part of Kopyrda's outfit does Joey find lying on Zuta's bedroom floor?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His suspenders.
(c) His vest.
(d) His tie.
4. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
(a) Innumerable tiny parts.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Emotions and responses.
(d) Paragraphs and sentences.
5. Who does Joey run into a field with at the end of the novel?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His valet.
(d) His cousin.
6. What game does Joey play with Kneadus and the servants on his first day at Auntie's house?
7. What does Joey find inside Zuta's tennis shoe that makes his heart beat quickly?
(a) A photograph of him.
(b) A book about communism.
(c) A pair of her lacy underwear.
(d) A carnation.
8. At what hour of the day does Mrs. Youngblood always come to check on Zuta's homework?
9. How does Mrs. Youngblood feel about the prospect of her young daughter getting pregnant?
(a) She hasn't ever thought of it.
(b) She is frightened by the thought.
(c) She doesn't care.
(d) She is sure it will happen.
10. Which of the following characters screams that there is a thief in the house when Kopyrda is heard in Zuta's bedroom?
(a) Mrs. Youngblood.
(b) Mr. Youngblood.
11. What nationality is the tennis player who plays in the one match the narrator remembers?
12. How many gentlemen ride their women up to the Marquis when they see him in the crowd?
13. Which of the following words is not one Joey writes on the wall of the Youngbloods' bathroom?
14. What is the after effect of the fight on Kneadus the next day at school?
(a) His arms and legs are badly scarred.
(b) He is missing four teeth.
(c) He has gone mute.
(d) His face is stuck in a grimace.
15. What does Uncle find the valet doing for Kneadus out in the woods, which enrages him?
(a) Ironing his clothes.
(b) Slapping him in the face.
(c) Pitching him a tent.
(d) Brewing him coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey's Aunt Hurlecka keep in the pockets of her apron?
2. Which of the following is not something Joey adds to his fruit compote in the hopes of getting a laugh from the family?
3. What bizarre action does Joey watch Zuta do after he hears her groaning in the dark?
4. What sound does Joey make through the wall to let Zuta know he's spying on her?
5. How many spectators are at the tennis match?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)