|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
(a) Because he was bored.
(b) Because he was competitive.
(c) Because he was jealous.
(d) Because he was excited.
2. What topic of conversation are the Youngbloods in when the parents argue about passing the salt?
(a) Off shore bank accounts.
(b) The benefits of recycling.
(c) The death penalty.
(d) Celebrity baby names.
3. Which of the following adjectives does not describe the peasant Joey spots hiding in the outskirts of the city?
4. Which of the following characters screams that there is a thief in the house when Kopyrda is heard in Zuta's bedroom?
(b) Mr. Youngblood.
(d) Mrs. Youngblood.
5. What do the sophisticated members of the tennis audience do when they see the brawl breaking out?
(a) They gasp.
(b) They applaud.
(c) The ignore the commotion.
(d) They exit the arena.
6. Which of the following characters frequently takes a cold shower in the morning rather than a bath?
(a) Mr. Youngblood.
(d) Mrs. Youngblood.
7. Which of the following characters is not involved in the massive brawl at the end of the novel?
8. Who does Joey run into a field with at the end of the novel?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His valet.
(d) His aunt.
9. What part about Mrs. Youngblood is particularly annoying to Joey when he thinks about her?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her stained teeth.
(c) Her height.
(d) Her weight.
10. How do the two tennis players react to seeing their ball shot into the air?
(a) They were confused.
(b) They were amused.
(c) They were terrified.
(d) They were outraged.
11. What does Uncle find the valet doing for Kneadus out in the woods, which enrages him?
(a) Ironing his clothes.
(b) Pitching him a tent.
(c) Slapping him in the face.
(d) Brewing him coffee.
12. What tragic event happens to the Marquis's wife as she is watching the gentlemen ride up to her husband?
(a) She is run over by the marching horses.
(b) She miscarries her pregnancy.
(c) She faints and hits her head.
(d) Her heart stops beating.
13. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
(a) Innumerable tiny parts.
(b) Paragraphs and sentences.
(c) Emotions and responses.
(d) Black and white.
14. What nickname does Joey give to the schoolgirl that causes her parents to burst out in giggles?
15. Which of the following nursery rhyme characters invades Joey's daydreams while he is in class?
(a) Peter Piper.
(b) The Little Red Hen.
(c) Mother Goose.
(d) Puss and Boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason why Kneadus rejects companionship from a particular farmhand?
2. What motivation does Uncle think Kneadus has in befriending the valet?
3. How does Joey peep at Zuta?
4. What is the name of Auntie and Uncle's butler?
5. Which of the following words is not one Joey writes on the wall of the Youngbloods' bathroom?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)