|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many individual forms of torture does the narrator believe there are in the world?
2. What other character attempts to climb through Zuta's window, professing undying love for her?
3. How does Aunt Hulecka feel about Kneadus befriending her staff?
(a) She is apathetic to it.
(b) She is excited by it.
(c) She is confused by it.
(d) She is outraged by it.
4. What part about Mrs. Youngblood is particularly annoying to Joey when he thinks about her?
(a) Her height.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her stained teeth.
(d) Her sense of humor.
5. What motivation does the narrator give as to why he wants to tell his stories?
(a) To pass down generations of his family's stories.
(b) To seek revenge on those he does not like.
(c) To fool the audience into thinking anything matters.
(d) To record his own personal history.
6. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
7. What sound do the boys hear as they make their way to the outskirts of the city?
(a) Cats mewling.
(b) Monkeys howling.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) Roosters crowing.
8. What tragic event happens to the Marquis's wife as she is watching the gentlemen ride up to her husband?
(a) She faints and hits her head.
(b) She miscarries her pregnancy.
(c) Her heart stops beating.
(d) She is run over by the marching horses.
9. Which of the following adjectives is not one Joey uses to describe Mr. and Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
10. Which of the following items is not something Uncle demands from the servant to show him his place in the household?
11. Which of the following nursery rhyme characters invades Joey's daydreams while he is in class?
(a) The Little Red Hen.
(b) Puss and Boots.
(c) Peter Piper.
(d) Mother Goose.
12. Which of the following genres of literature is not one the narrator believes this novel could fit into?
(c) Graphic novel.
13. How does Joey feel about the relationship between Pimko and the school girl?
(a) He doesn't know about it.
(b) He thinks it is inappropriate.
(c) He doesn't care about it.
(d) He is jealous of it.
14. Which of the following words is not one Joey writes on the wall of the Youngbloods' bathroom?
15. What nationality is the tennis player who plays in the one match the narrator remembers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Youngblood family members is always the first to bathe in the mornings?
2. Which of the following is not a form of torture discussed by the narrator in this novel?
3. Which of the following characters did not write a love letter to Zuta that she keeps in her bedroom dresser?
4. What does Joey's Aunt Hurlecka keep in the pockets of her apron?
5. How does Syphus kill himself?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)