|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the valet Kneadus is in love with?
2. How does Joey peep at Zuta?
(a) Through a two-way mirror.
(b) Through the crack in the door.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through a keyhole.
3. What language does Zuta study in school?
4. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
5. What are the peasants on the outskirts of town afraid the boys have come to steal from them?
(a) Their good.
(b) Their souls.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their food.
6. What do the sophisticated members of the tennis audience do when they see the brawl breaking out?
(a) They applaud.
(b) They exit the arena.
(c) They gasp.
(d) The ignore the commotion.
7. According to the narrator, what is the worst type of torture?
(a) Bad dogs.
(b) Bad breath.
(c) Bad eggs.
(d) Bad forms.
8. Which of the following genres of literature is not one the narrator believes this novel could fit into?
(b) Graphic novel.
9. What tragic event happens to the Marquis's wife as she is watching the gentlemen ride up to her husband?
(a) Her heart stops beating.
(b) She is run over by the marching horses.
(c) She miscarries her pregnancy.
(d) She faints and hits her head.
10. How does Joey feel about visiting the outskirts of the city in search of the farmhand?
11. Which of the following communists has a speech given to Kneadus by a peasant?
12. How does Joey feel about the relationship between Pimko and the school girl?
(a) He doesn't know about it.
(b) He is jealous of it.
(c) He thinks it is inappropriate.
(d) He doesn't care about it.
13. What part of the ship's body does the colonel's bullet hit?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His neck.
(c) His back.
(d) His leg.
14. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
(a) Paragraphs and sentences.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Innumerable tiny parts.
(d) Emotions and responses.
15. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of men almost passes as "good enough" for Kneadus' desire to meet a farmhand?
2. How does Mr. Youngblood react when Mrs. Youngblood tells him he is acting childishly?
3. Which of the following adjectives does not describe the peasant Joey spots hiding in the outskirts of the city?
4. Which of the following characters screams that there is a thief in the house when Kopyrda is heard in Zuta's bedroom?
5. How do the Youngbloods react when they see Kopyrda in their daughter's bedroom?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)