|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle find the valet doing for Kneadus out in the woods, which enrages him?
(a) Pitching him a tent.
(b) Slapping him in the face.
(c) Brewing him coffee.
(d) Ironing his clothes.
2. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Paragraphs and sentences.
(c) Innumerable tiny parts.
(d) Emotions and responses.
3. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
4. What emotion overcomes the Marquis when he leaves the tennis match?
5. While she is doing her language homework, how does Zuta feel about the confrontation that happened at the dinner table earlier that night?
(a) She is frustrated.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is hurt.
6. What sound do the boys hear as they make their way to the outskirts of the city?
(a) Roosters crowing.
(b) Cats mewling.
(c) Monkeys howling.
(d) Dogs barking.
7. Which of the following adjectives does not describe the peasant Joey spots hiding in the outskirts of the city?
8. Which of the following laws does the narrator claim demands a preface?
(a) The law of symmetry.
(b) The law of gravity.
(c) The law of thermodynamics.
(d) The law of attraction.
9. What are the peasants on the outskirts of town afraid the boys have come to steal from them?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their souls.
(c) Their good.
(d) Their money.
10. How many individual forms of torture does the narrator believe there are in the world?
11. Which of the following characters did not write a love letter to Zuta that she keeps in her bedroom dresser?
12. In what types of positions does Joey hope he catches Zuta in while peeping on her?
(a) Mundane situations.
(b) Vulnerable situations.
(c) Ugly situations.
(d) Sexy situations.
13. Which of the following is not something the narrator claims gives him inspiration in his writing life?
(a) A bubble.
(b) Talking cats.
(c) Social anxiety disorder.
(d) The thin air.
14. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda climbs through her window?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She screams.
15. Who arranges for the valet to be fired after being caught in the woods with Kneadus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey's Aunt Hurlecka keep in the pockets of her apron?
2. What part of Kopyrda's outfit does Joey find lying on Zuta's bedroom floor?
3. Which of the following characters is not involved in the massive brawl at the end of the novel?
4. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
5. What do the sophisticated members of the tennis audience do when they see the brawl breaking out?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)