|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Joey perform in Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
(a) He steals her pocket change.
(b) He sleeps in her bed.
(c) He rifles through her underwear drawer.
(d) He dances on her floors.
2. Which of the following characters did not write a love letter to Zuta that she keeps in her bedroom dresser?
3. What sound does Joey make through the wall to let Zuta know he's spying on her?
(a) He hiccups.
(b) He coughs.
(c) He sneezes.
(d) He clears his throat.
4. How does Joey feel about visiting the outskirts of the city in search of the farmhand?
5. What motivation does the narrator give as to why he wants to tell his stories?
(a) To seek revenge on those he does not like.
(b) To pass down generations of his family's stories.
(c) To fool the audience into thinking anything matters.
(d) To record his own personal history.
6. Which of the following communists has a speech given to Kneadus by a peasant?
7. What is the name of the valet Kneadus is in love with?
8. How does Aunt Hulecka feel about Kneadus befriending her staff?
(a) She is apathetic to it.
(b) She is confused by it.
(c) She is outraged by it.
(d) She is excited by it.
9. What emotion overcomes the Marquis when he leaves the tennis match?
10. What time does Zuta go to bed at night?
11. Which of the following laws does the narrator claim demands a preface?
(a) The law of attraction.
(b) The law of gravity.
(c) The law of symmetry.
(d) The law of thermodynamics.
12. What do the sophisticated members of the tennis audience do when they see the brawl breaking out?
(a) The ignore the commotion.
(b) They exit the arena.
(c) They gasp.
(d) They applaud.
13. Which of the following groups of people is not one to whom the narrator compares his literary work?
(d) Office workers.
14. What happens when the ship owner's wife slaps the man sitting next to her?
(a) The man vomits.
(b) The man has a seizure.
(c) The man blacks out.
(d) The man slaps her back.
15. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
Short Answer Questions
1. While she is doing her language homework, how does Zuta feel about the confrontation that happened at the dinner table earlier that night?
2. How many gentlemen ride their women up to the Marquis when they see him in the crowd?
3. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
4. What does Joey's Aunt Hurlecka keep in the pockets of her apron?
5. At what hour of the day does Mrs. Youngblood always come to check on Zuta's homework?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)