|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion overcomes the Marquis when he leaves the tennis match?
2. Which of the following characters screams that there is a thief in the house when Kopyrda is heard in Zuta's bedroom?
(b) Mr. Youngblood.
(d) Mrs. Youngblood.
3. What does Uncle find the valet doing for Kneadus out in the woods, which enrages him?
(a) Ironing his clothes.
(b) Slapping him in the face.
(c) Brewing him coffee.
(d) Pitching him a tent.
4. What does Joey find inside Zuta's tennis shoe that makes his heart beat quickly?
(a) A carnation.
(b) A book about communism.
(c) A photograph of him.
(d) A pair of her lacy underwear.
5. What is the name of Auntie and Uncle's butler?
6. Which of the following adjectives does not describe the peasant Joey spots hiding in the outskirts of the city?
7. How many spectators are at the tennis match?
8. What other character attempts to climb through Zuta's window, professing undying love for her?
9. Which of the following is not something Joey adds to his fruit compote in the hopes of getting a laugh from the family?
10. Which of the following adjectives is not one Joey uses to describe Mr. and Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
11. How many gentlemen ride their women up to the Marquis when they see him in the crowd?
12. What is the name of the valet Kneadus is in love with?
13. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
(a) Because he was bored.
(b) Because he was excited.
(c) Because he was jealous.
(d) Because he was competitive.
14. What does Joey's Aunt Hurlecka keep in the pockets of her apron?
15. What are the peasants on the outskirts of town afraid the boys have come to steal from them?
(a) Their good.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joey's girl cousin?
2. Which of the following is not something the narrator claims gives him inspiration in his writing life?
3. What do the sophisticated members of the tennis audience do when they see the brawl breaking out?
4. What nationality is the tennis player who plays in the one match the narrator remembers?
5. Which of the following items is not something Uncle demands from the servant to show him his place in the household?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)