|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what types of positions does Joey hope he catches Zuta in while peeping on her?
(a) Ugly situations.
(b) Sexy situations.
(c) Mundane situations.
(d) Vulnerable situations.
2. Which of the following groups of people is not one to whom the narrator compares his literary work?
(b) Office workers.
3. What is the after effect of the fight on Kneadus the next day at school?
(a) His face is stuck in a grimace.
(b) His arms and legs are badly scarred.
(c) He has gone mute.
(d) He is missing four teeth.
4. What nationality is the tennis player who plays in the one match the narrator remembers?
5. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes Joey is in love with her daughter?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is amused.
6. What does Joey find inside Zuta's tennis shoe that makes his heart beat quickly?
(a) A pair of her lacy underwear.
(b) A book about communism.
(c) A photograph of him.
(d) A carnation.
7. What motivation does the narrator give as to why he wants to tell his stories?
(a) To pass down generations of his family's stories.
(b) To seek revenge on those he does not like.
(c) To record his own personal history.
(d) To fool the audience into thinking anything matters.
8. Which of the following adjectives does not describe the peasant Joey spots hiding in the outskirts of the city?
9. How does Aunt Hulecka feel about Kneadus befriending her staff?
(a) She is excited by it.
(b) She is apathetic to it.
(c) She is outraged by it.
(d) She is confused by it.
10. How does Joey peep at Zuta?
(a) Through a keyhole.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through the crack in the door.
(d) Through a two-way mirror.
11. How does Mr. Youngblood react when Mrs. Youngblood tells him he is acting childishly?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He storms out of the house.
(c) He ignores her completely.
(d) He slaps her across the face.
12. What animal is Uncle most afraid of in the wild?
13. At what hour of the day does Mrs. Youngblood always come to check on Zuta's homework?
14. According to the narrator, who is the counter-balance to Filibert?
15. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Joey play with Kneadus and the servants on his first day at Auntie's house?
2. Which of the following laws does the narrator claim demands a preface?
3. Which of the following nursery rhyme characters invades Joey's daydreams while he is in class?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the conversations the Youngblood family has around the dinner table each night?
5. Who arranges for the valet to be fired after being caught in the woods with Kneadus?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)