|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Youngbloods react when they see Kopyrda in their daughter's bedroom?
(a) They scream.
(b) They beat him mercilessly.
(c) They call the police.
(d) They laugh.
2. In what century does the tennis match take place?
(a) The 19th century.
(b) The 18th century.
(c) The 17th century.
(d) The 20th century.
3. What topic of conversation are the Youngbloods in when the parents argue about passing the salt?
(a) The death penalty.
(b) The benefits of recycling.
(c) Off shore bank accounts.
(d) Celebrity baby names.
4. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
(a) Emotions and responses.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Innumerable tiny parts.
(d) Paragraphs and sentences.
5. What do the sophisticated members of the tennis audience do when they see the brawl breaking out?
(a) They applaud.
(b) They gasp.
(c) They exit the arena.
(d) The ignore the commotion.
6. Who arranges for the valet to be fired after being caught in the woods with Kneadus?
7. Which of the following groups of men almost passes as "good enough" for Kneadus' desire to meet a farmhand?
(a) Opera singers.
(b) Appentice hunters.
(c) Janitor's sons.
8. What does Joey pay the beggar in the street to hold in his mouth?
(a) A stick.
(b) A starfish.
(c) A flower.
(d) A moth.
9. How long did Joey live in his childhood home before his family moved away?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 5 years.
10. How many spectators are at the tennis match?
11. What language does Zuta study in school?
12. Which of the following is not a reason why Kneadus rejects companionship from a particular farmhand?
(a) Because he isn't good looking enough.
(b) Because he is wearing a bowler's hat.
(c) Because his vocabulary is too large.
(d) Because his political leanings are too extreme.
13. Which of the following is not something the narrator claims gives him inspiration in his writing life?
(a) Talking cats.
(b) The thin air.
(c) A bubble.
(d) Social anxiety disorder.
14. What does Joey's Aunt Hurlecka keep in the pockets of her apron?
15. What happens when the ship owner's wife slaps the man sitting next to her?
(a) The man vomits.
(b) The man blacks out.
(c) The man has a seizure.
(d) The man slaps her back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey peep at Zuta?
2. What game does Joey play with Kneadus and the servants on his first day at Auntie's house?
3. Which of the following groups of people is not one to whom the narrator compares his literary work?
4. Who does Joey run into a field with at the end of the novel?
5. Which of the following communists has a speech given to Kneadus by a peasant?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)