|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Uncle most afraid of in the wild?
2. Which of the following is not a form of torture discussed by the narrator in this novel?
3. According to the narrator, what is the worst type of torture?
(a) Bad dogs.
(b) Bad forms.
(c) Bad eggs.
(d) Bad breath.
4. How do the two tennis players react to seeing their ball shot into the air?
(a) They were outraged.
(b) They were terrified.
(c) They were confused.
(d) They were amused.
5. What action does Joey perform in Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
(a) He steals her pocket change.
(b) He dances on her floors.
(c) He rifles through her underwear drawer.
(d) He sleeps in her bed.
6. Which of the following is not a reason why Kneadus rejects companionship from a particular farmhand?
(a) Because his political leanings are too extreme.
(b) Because his vocabulary is too large.
(c) Because he isn't good looking enough.
(d) Because he is wearing a bowler's hat.
7. What motivation does Uncle think Kneadus has in befriending the valet?
(a) He thinks Kneadus is making a religious statement.
(b) He thinks Kneadus is making a political statement.
(c) He thinks Kneadus is desperate for friends.
(d) He thinks Kneadus has low self-esteem.
8. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
9. Which of the following adjectives best describes the conversations the Youngblood family has around the dinner table each night?
10. What is the after effect of the fight on Kneadus the next day at school?
(a) He is missing four teeth.
(b) His arms and legs are badly scarred.
(c) He has gone mute.
(d) His face is stuck in a grimace.
11. What language does Zuta study in school?
12. Which of the following characters screams that there is a thief in the house when Kopyrda is heard in Zuta's bedroom?
(b) Mr. Youngblood.
(c) Mrs. Youngblood.
13. What happens when the ship owner's wife slaps the man sitting next to her?
(a) The man vomits.
(b) The man slaps her back.
(c) The man blacks out.
(d) The man has a seizure.
14. Which of the following characters frequently takes a cold shower in the morning rather than a bath?
(a) Mrs. Youngblood.
(c) Mr. Youngblood.
15. How do the Youngbloods react when they see Kopyrda in their daughter's bedroom?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They beat him mercilessly.
(c) They call the police.
(d) They scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives is not one Joey uses to describe Mr. and Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
2. In what century does the tennis match take place?
3. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
4. According to the narrator, who is the counter-balance to Filibert?
5. Which of the following is not something the narrator claims gives him inspiration in his writing life?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)