|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters did not write a love letter to Zuta that she keeps in her bedroom dresser?
2. How does Joey feel about the relationship between Pimko and the school girl?
(a) He doesn't know about it.
(b) He thinks it is inappropriate.
(c) He doesn't care about it.
(d) He is jealous of it.
3. Which of the following groups of men almost passes as "good enough" for Kneadus' desire to meet a farmhand?
(a) Appentice hunters.
(b) Opera singers.
(d) Janitor's sons.
4. Which of the following items is not something Uncle demands from the servant to show him his place in the household?
5. What is the after effect of the fight on Kneadus the next day at school?
(a) He is missing four teeth.
(b) He has gone mute.
(c) His face is stuck in a grimace.
(d) His arms and legs are badly scarred.
6. What time does Zuta go to bed at night?
7. What motivation does Uncle think Kneadus has in befriending the valet?
(a) He thinks Kneadus is making a religious statement.
(b) He thinks Kneadus is making a political statement.
(c) He thinks Kneadus has low self-esteem.
(d) He thinks Kneadus is desperate for friends.
8. What does Joey's Aunt Hurlecka keep in the pockets of her apron?
9. What topic of conversation are the Youngbloods in when the parents argue about passing the salt?
(a) Celebrity baby names.
(b) Off shore bank accounts.
(c) The benefits of recycling.
(d) The death penalty.
10. What game does Joey play with Kneadus and the servants on his first day at Auntie's house?
11. What sound do the boys hear as they make their way to the outskirts of the city?
(a) Roosters crowing.
(b) Cats mewling.
(c) Monkeys howling.
(d) Dogs barking.
12. Which of the following items is not something the narrator feels weighted down by in his greenery?
13. How does Mr. Youngblood react when Mrs. Youngblood tells him he is acting childishly?
(a) He ignores her completely.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He storms out of the house.
(d) He slaps her across the face.
14. How does Syphus kill himself?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He drowns himself.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He poisons himself.
15. Which of the following is not a reason why Kneadus rejects companionship from a particular farmhand?
(a) Because his vocabulary is too large.
(b) Because he is wearing a bowler's hat.
(c) Because he isn't good looking enough.
(d) Because his political leanings are too extreme.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the schoolgirl respond when her parents ask her who the young boy was they saw her with?
2. How do the two tennis players react to seeing their ball shot into the air?
3. What nickname does Joey give to the schoolgirl that causes her parents to burst out in giggles?
4. Who accuses the valet of stealing the family's silver?
5. Which of the following adjectives is not one Joey uses to describe Mr. and Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)