|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the peasants on the outskirts of town afraid the boys have come to steal from them?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their souls.
(c) Their good.
(d) Their money.
2. Which of the following characters screams that there is a thief in the house when Kopyrda is heard in Zuta's bedroom?
(a) Mr. Youngblood.
(b) Mrs. Youngblood.
3. How does Mrs. Youngblood feel about the prospect of her young daughter getting pregnant?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She hasn't ever thought of it.
(c) She is sure it will happen.
(d) She is frightened by the thought.
4. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
5. Which of the following items is not something Uncle demands from the servant to show him his place in the household?
6. How does Joey feel about the relationship between Pimko and the school girl?
(a) He thinks it is inappropriate.
(b) He doesn't care about it.
(c) He is jealous of it.
(d) He doesn't know about it.
7. How does the schoolgirl respond when her parents ask her who the young boy was they saw her with?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is outraged.
8. Which of the following characters frequently takes a cold shower in the morning rather than a bath?
(a) Mr. Youngblood.
(c) Mrs. Youngblood.
9. According to the narrator, who is the counter-balance to Filibert?
10. How do the two tennis players react to seeing their ball shot into the air?
(a) They were amused.
(b) They were terrified.
(c) They were outraged.
(d) They were confused.
11. Which of the following groups of men almost passes as "good enough" for Kneadus' desire to meet a farmhand?
(a) Appentice hunters.
(c) Janitor's sons.
(d) Opera singers.
12. What motivation does the narrator give as to why he wants to tell his stories?
(a) To fool the audience into thinking anything matters.
(b) To record his own personal history.
(c) To pass down generations of his family's stories.
(d) To seek revenge on those he does not like.
13. Which of the following groups of people is not one to whom the narrator compares his literary work?
(a) Office workers.
14. Who does Joey run into a field with at the end of the novel?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His valet.
(d) His uncle.
15. What is the name of Auntie and Uncle's butler?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey pay the beggar in the street to hold in his mouth?
2. What time does Zuta go to bed at night?
3. Which of the following is not something the narrator claims gives him inspiration in his writing life?
4. What part of Kopyrda's outfit does Joey find lying on Zuta's bedroom floor?
5. How does Syphus kill himself?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)