|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives is not one Joey uses to describe Mr. and Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
2. What action does Joey perform in Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
(a) He dances on her floors.
(b) He rifles through her underwear drawer.
(c) He steals her pocket change.
(d) He sleeps in her bed.
3. How many children does Aunt Hurlecka have?
4. Which of the following items is not something the narrator feels weighted down by in his greenery?
5. In what century does the tennis match take place?
(a) The 17th century.
(b) The 20th century.
(c) The 19th century.
(d) The 18th century.
6. What part about Mrs. Youngblood is particularly annoying to Joey when he thinks about her?
(a) Her height.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her sense of humor.
(d) Her stained teeth.
7. How does Mr. Youngblood react when Mrs. Youngblood tells him he is acting childishly?
(a) He storms out of the house.
(b) He ignores her completely.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He slaps her across the face.
8. What does Joey pay the beggar in the street to hold in his mouth?
(a) A starfish.
(b) A stick.
(c) A flower.
(d) A moth.
9. What sound does Joey make through the wall to let Zuta know he's spying on her?
(a) He sneezes.
(b) He hiccups.
(c) He clears his throat.
(d) He coughs.
10. How do the two tennis players react to seeing their ball shot into the air?
(a) They were amused.
(b) They were terrified.
(c) They were confused.
(d) They were outraged.
11. Who does Joey run into a field with at the end of the novel?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His valet.
(d) His aunt.
12. Which of the following characters is not involved in the massive brawl at the end of the novel?
13. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
(a) Emotions and responses.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Paragraphs and sentences.
(d) Innumerable tiny parts.
14. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
(a) Because he was bored.
(b) Because he was jealous.
(c) Because he was excited.
(d) Because he was competitive.
15. What language does Zuta study in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey feel about visiting the outskirts of the city in search of the farmhand?
2. How do the Youngbloods react when they see Kopyrda in their daughter's bedroom?
3. Who arranges for the valet to be fired after being caught in the woods with Kneadus?
4. What nationality is the tennis player who plays in the one match the narrator remembers?
5. What part of the ship's body does the colonel's bullet hit?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)