|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accuses the valet of stealing the family's silver?
2. According to the narrator, who is the counter-balance to Filibert?
3. Which of the following processes is not one the narrator is quick to do?
4. Which of the following is not a form of torture discussed by the narrator in this novel?
5. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
6. What motivation does the narrator give as to why he wants to tell his stories?
(a) To pass down generations of his family's stories.
(b) To record his own personal history.
(c) To seek revenge on those he does not like.
(d) To fool the audience into thinking anything matters.
7. Which of the following nursery rhyme characters invades Joey's daydreams while he is in class?
(a) Peter Piper.
(b) Puss and Boots.
(c) The Little Red Hen.
(d) Mother Goose.
8. How does the schoolgirl respond when her parents ask her who the young boy was they saw her with?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is apathetic.
9. Which of the following characters did not write a love letter to Zuta that she keeps in her bedroom dresser?
10. How do the two tennis players react to seeing their ball shot into the air?
(a) They were terrified.
(b) They were outraged.
(c) They were amused.
(d) They were confused.
11. According to the narrator, what is the worst type of torture?
(a) Bad dogs.
(b) Bad eggs.
(c) Bad forms.
(d) Bad breath.
12. What time does Zuta go to bed at night?
13. What part of Mrs. Youngblood's body are particularly white and grotesque to Joey?
(a) Her calves.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her thighs.
(d) Her shoulders.
14. How many individual forms of torture does the narrator believe there are in the world?
15. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters frequently takes a cold shower in the morning rather than a bath?
2. What are the peasants on the outskirts of town afraid the boys have come to steal from them?
3. How does Syphus kill himself?
4. What other character attempts to climb through Zuta's window, professing undying love for her?
5. Which of the following words is not one Joey writes on the wall of the Youngbloods' bathroom?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)