|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While she is doing her language homework, how does Zuta feel about the confrontation that happened at the dinner table earlier that night?
(a) She is frustrated.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is hurt.
(d) She is confused.
2. How many gentlemen ride their women up to the Marquis when they see him in the crowd?
3. What does Joey find inside Zuta's tennis shoe that makes his heart beat quickly?
(a) A book about communism.
(b) A photograph of him.
(c) A pair of her lacy underwear.
(d) A carnation.
4. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
(a) Because he was competitive.
(b) Because he was jealous.
(c) Because he was bored.
(d) Because he was excited.
5. What is the after effect of the fight on Kneadus the next day at school?
(a) His arms and legs are badly scarred.
(b) He has gone mute.
(c) He is missing four teeth.
(d) His face is stuck in a grimace.
6. What does Uncle find the valet doing for Kneadus out in the woods, which enrages him?
(a) Slapping him in the face.
(b) Pitching him a tent.
(c) Ironing his clothes.
(d) Brewing him coffee.
7. How do the Youngbloods react when they see Kopyrda in their daughter's bedroom?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They call the police.
(c) They beat him mercilessly.
(d) They scream.
8. What animal is Uncle most afraid of in the wild?
9. What do the sophisticated members of the tennis audience do when they see the brawl breaking out?
(a) They exit the arena.
(b) They gasp.
(c) They applaud.
(d) The ignore the commotion.
10. When Joey first arrives at Aunt Hurlecka's house, what is the only topic of conversation he engages in?
11. What game does Joey play with Kneadus and the servants on his first day at Auntie's house?
12. What is the name of Auntie and Uncle's butler?
13. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes Joey is in love with her daughter?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is amused.
14. In what types of positions does Joey hope he catches Zuta in while peeping on her?
(a) Sexy situations.
(b) Ugly situations.
(c) Mundane situations.
(d) Vulnerable situations.
15. What motivation does the narrator give as to why he wants to tell his stories?
(a) To record his own personal history.
(b) To fool the audience into thinking anything matters.
(c) To pass down generations of his family's stories.
(d) To seek revenge on those he does not like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Kopyrda's outfit does Joey find lying on Zuta's bedroom floor?
2. What sound do the boys hear as they make their way to the outskirts of the city?
3. What part about Mrs. Youngblood is particularly annoying to Joey when he thinks about her?
4. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
5. How does Joey feel about the relationship between Pimko and the school girl?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)