|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the two tennis players react to seeing their ball shot into the air?
(a) They were terrified.
(b) They were amused.
(c) They were outraged.
(d) They were confused.
2. What emotion overcomes the Marquis when he leaves the tennis match?
3. How long did Joey live in his childhood home before his family moved away?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. Who arranges for the valet to be fired after being caught in the woods with Kneadus?
5. What animal is Uncle most afraid of in the wild?
6. Who does Joey run into a field with at the end of the novel?
(a) His valet.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His aunt.
7. What is the name of Auntie and Uncle's butler?
8. What does Joey's Aunt Hurlecka keep in the pockets of her apron?
9. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda climbs through her window?
(a) She screams.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She ignores him.
10. Which of the following processes is not one the narrator is quick to do?
11. What bizarre action does Joey watch Zuta do after he hears her groaning in the dark?
(a) Cutting herself with a scissors.
(b) Whipping herself with a belt.
(c) Beating herself with a shoe.
(d) Banging her head against a wall.
12. What sound does Joey make through the wall to let Zuta know he's spying on her?
(a) He coughs.
(b) He clears his throat.
(c) He sneezes.
(d) He hiccups.
13. What action does Joey perform in Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
(a) He sleeps in her bed.
(b) He rifles through her underwear drawer.
(c) He steals her pocket change.
(d) He dances on her floors.
14. How does Mrs. Youngblood feel about the prospect of her young daughter getting pregnant?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She is sure it will happen.
(c) She hasn't ever thought of it.
(d) She is frightened by the thought.
15. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of men almost passes as "good enough" for Kneadus' desire to meet a farmhand?
2. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
3. How many individual forms of torture does the narrator believe there are in the world?
4. What is the name of Joey's girl cousin?
5. According to the narrator, what is the worst type of torture?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)