|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While she is doing her language homework, how does Zuta feel about the confrontation that happened at the dinner table earlier that night?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is frustrated.
(d) She is hurt.
2. What is the after effect of the fight on Kneadus the next day at school?
(a) He has gone mute.
(b) His face is stuck in a grimace.
(c) He is missing four teeth.
(d) His arms and legs are badly scarred.
3. What bizarre action does Joey watch Zuta do after he hears her groaning in the dark?
(a) Whipping herself with a belt.
(b) Beating herself with a shoe.
(c) Cutting herself with a scissors.
(d) Banging her head against a wall.
4. In what types of positions does Joey hope he catches Zuta in while peeping on her?
(a) Sexy situations.
(b) Ugly situations.
(c) Mundane situations.
(d) Vulnerable situations.
5. What part about Mrs. Youngblood is particularly annoying to Joey when he thinks about her?
(a) Her stained teeth.
(b) Her height.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her sense of humor.
6. What tragic event happens to the Marquis's wife as she is watching the gentlemen ride up to her husband?
(a) She is run over by the marching horses.
(b) She faints and hits her head.
(c) She miscarries her pregnancy.
(d) Her heart stops beating.
7. What does Joey find inside Zuta's tennis shoe that makes his heart beat quickly?
(a) A carnation.
(b) A pair of her lacy underwear.
(c) A book about communism.
(d) A photograph of him.
8. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
9. How do the Youngbloods react when they see Kopyrda in their daughter's bedroom?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They scream.
(c) They call the police.
(d) They beat him mercilessly.
10. Which of the following is not a reason why Kneadus rejects companionship from a particular farmhand?
(a) Because his vocabulary is too large.
(b) Because his political leanings are too extreme.
(c) Because he isn't good looking enough.
(d) Because he is wearing a bowler's hat.
11. Which of the following characters frequently takes a cold shower in the morning rather than a bath?
(a) Mrs. Youngblood.
(d) Mr. Youngblood.
12. Which of the following words is not one Joey writes on the wall of the Youngbloods' bathroom?
13. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
14. What does Uncle find the valet doing for Kneadus out in the woods, which enrages him?
(a) Brewing him coffee.
(b) Pitching him a tent.
(c) Ironing his clothes.
(d) Slapping him in the face.
15. What happens when the ship owner's wife slaps the man sitting next to her?
(a) The man has a seizure.
(b) The man vomits.
(c) The man slaps her back.
(d) The man blacks out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
2. What is the name of Joey's girl cousin?
3. What is the name of the valet Kneadus is in love with?
4. How many individual forms of torture does the narrator believe there are in the world?
5. What sound do the boys hear as they make their way to the outskirts of the city?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)