|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Joey give to the schoolgirl that causes her parents to burst out in giggles?
2. Which of the following laws does the narrator claim demands a preface?
(a) The law of symmetry.
(b) The law of gravity.
(c) The law of thermodynamics.
(d) The law of attraction.
3. Which of the following processes is not one the narrator is quick to do?
4. What do the sophisticated members of the tennis audience do when they see the brawl breaking out?
(a) They applaud.
(b) The ignore the commotion.
(c) They exit the arena.
(d) They gasp.
5. Which of the following items is not something Uncle demands from the servant to show him his place in the household?
6. Which of the following adjectives does not describe the peasant Joey spots hiding in the outskirts of the city?
7. How does Joey feel about visiting the outskirts of the city in search of the farmhand?
8. How many individual forms of torture does the narrator believe there are in the world?
9. Which of the following groups of men almost passes as "good enough" for Kneadus' desire to meet a farmhand?
(a) Appentice hunters.
(b) Janitor's sons.
(d) Opera singers.
10. How does Joey peep at Zuta?
(a) Through a keyhole.
(b) Through the crack in the door.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through a two-way mirror.
11. Which of the following is not something the narrator claims gives him inspiration in his writing life?
(a) Talking cats.
(b) A bubble.
(c) The thin air.
(d) Social anxiety disorder.
12. What action does Joey perform in Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
(a) He dances on her floors.
(b) He sleeps in her bed.
(c) He rifles through her underwear drawer.
(d) He steals her pocket change.
13. Who accuses the valet of stealing the family's silver?
14. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
(a) Because he was bored.
(b) Because he was competitive.
(c) Because he was excited.
(d) Because he was jealous.
15. When Joey first arrives at Aunt Hurlecka's house, what is the only topic of conversation he engages in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the valet Kneadus is in love with?
2. How does the schoolgirl respond when her parents ask her who the young boy was they saw her with?
3. What happens when the ship owner's wife slaps the man sitting next to her?
4. How long did Joey live in his childhood home before his family moved away?
5. What other character attempts to climb through Zuta's window, professing undying love for her?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)