|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason why Kneadus rejects companionship from a particular farmhand?
(a) Because he isn't good looking enough.
(b) Because his political leanings are too extreme.
(c) Because his vocabulary is too large.
(d) Because he is wearing a bowler's hat.
2. In what types of positions does Joey hope he catches Zuta in while peeping on her?
(a) Mundane situations.
(b) Vulnerable situations.
(c) Sexy situations.
(d) Ugly situations.
3. What city is the minor office clerk from who has a man leap onto her head at the tennis match?
4. Which of the following is not a form of torture discussed by the narrator in this novel?
5. Which of the following processes is not one the narrator is quick to do?
6. When Joey first arrives at Aunt Hurlecka's house, what is the only topic of conversation he engages in?
7. In what century does the tennis match take place?
(a) The 20th century.
(b) The 17th century.
(c) The 19th century.
(d) The 18th century.
8. How many children does Aunt Hurlecka have?
9. How does Joey feel about visiting the outskirts of the city in search of the farmhand?
10. What tragic event happens to the Marquis's wife as she is watching the gentlemen ride up to her husband?
(a) She faints and hits her head.
(b) She is run over by the marching horses.
(c) She miscarries her pregnancy.
(d) Her heart stops beating.
11. How do the two tennis players react to seeing their ball shot into the air?
(a) They were confused.
(b) They were terrified.
(c) They were outraged.
(d) They were amused.
12. How does Joey peep at Zuta?
(a) Through the crack in the door.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through a keyhole.
(d) Through a two-way mirror.
13. Which of the Youngblood family members is always the first to bathe in the mornings?
(a) Zuta Youngblood.
(b) Mr. Youngblood.
(c) Mrs. Youngblood.
(d) All the Youngbloods bathe together.
14. What nationality is the tennis player who plays in the one match the narrator remembers?
15. What sound do the boys hear as they make their way to the outskirts of the city?
(a) Monkeys howling.
(b) Roosters crowing.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) Cats mewling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following genres of literature is not one the narrator believes this novel could fit into?
2. Which of the following characters screams that there is a thief in the house when Kopyrda is heard in Zuta's bedroom?
3. What sound does Joey make through the wall to let Zuta know he's spying on her?
4. What language does Zuta study in school?
5. What topic of conversation are the Youngbloods in when the parents argue about passing the salt?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)