|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is not something Uncle demands from the servant to show him his place in the household?
2. What does Joey's Aunt Hurlecka keep in the pockets of her apron?
3. What part of Mrs. Youngblood's body are particularly white and grotesque to Joey?
(a) Her calves.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her shoulders.
(d) Her thighs.
4. How many spectators are at the tennis match?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the conversations the Youngblood family has around the dinner table each night?
6. What sound do the boys hear as they make their way to the outskirts of the city?
(a) Roosters crowing.
(b) Cats mewling.
(c) Monkeys howling.
(d) Dogs barking.
7. How does Mrs. Youngblood feel about the prospect of her young daughter getting pregnant?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She hasn't ever thought of it.
(c) She is sure it will happen.
(d) She is frightened by the thought.
8. How many gentlemen ride their women up to the Marquis when they see him in the crowd?
9. Which of the following adjectives is not one Joey uses to describe Mr. and Mrs. Youngblood's bedroom?
10. What is the name of Joey's girl cousin?
11. What topic of conversation are the Youngbloods in when the parents argue about passing the salt?
(a) Celebrity baby names.
(b) The death penalty.
(c) Off shore bank accounts.
(d) The benefits of recycling.
12. What bizarre action does Joey watch Zuta do after he hears her groaning in the dark?
(a) Whipping herself with a belt.
(b) Banging her head against a wall.
(c) Cutting herself with a scissors.
(d) Beating herself with a shoe.
13. How does Mr. Youngblood react when Mrs. Youngblood tells him he is acting childishly?
(a) He storms out of the house.
(b) He slaps her across the face.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He ignores her completely.
14. Which of the following characters frequently takes a cold shower in the morning rather than a bath?
(a) Mr. Youngblood.
(b) Mrs. Youngblood.
15. Which of the following laws does the narrator claim demands a preface?
(a) The law of gravity.
(b) The law of attraction.
(c) The law of thermodynamics.
(d) The law of symmetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people is not one to whom the narrator compares his literary work?
2. What language does Zuta study in school?
3. What sound does Joey make through the wall to let Zuta know he's spying on her?
4. What does Joey daydream about on his second day of school?
5. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda climbs through her window?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)