|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kneadus attack upon entering the Youngblood home?
(a) The gardener.
(b) The laundress.
(c) The housemaid.
(d) The cook.
2. Who is the one person Kopydra yearns for more than any other?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A milkmaid.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A farmhand.
3. Instead of acknowledging that Kneadus and Syphus are fighting, what does Pimko insist the boys are doing?
(a) Wrestling for honor.
(b) Reading the newspaper.
(c) Playing ball.
4. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
5. Which community does the narrator think is the stupidest community in the world?
(a) The art community.
(b) The religious community.
(c) The academic community.
(d) The sports community.
6. Which of the following familial groups has the largest influence on the way Joey lives his life?
(a) His aunts.
(b) His step-parents.
(c) His siblings.
(d) His grandparents.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Doctor T. Pimko?
8. Which of the following adjectives is not used by Joey to describe the schoolgirl when he sees her for the first time?
9. How does Joey feel about telling the school girl his true age?
(a) He desperately wants to tell her.
(b) He does not want to tell her.
(c) He doesn't think about telling her.
(d) He is confused whether or not he should tell her.
10. Which of the following characters doesn't know who Norwid is?
(a) The schoolgirl.
(d) Mr. Youngblood.
11. Which of the following characters does the schoolgirl remind Joey of when he first meets her?
12. Which verb does the teacher want the students to translate even though they are not interested?
13. Which musician does the narrator claim audiences appreciate only because the larger musical world tells them to?
14. When Joey dreams of seeing himself in various forms of maturity in a dream, how do his other "selves" treat each other?
(a) They ignore each other.
(b) They pat each other on the backs.
(c) They ridicule each other.
(d) They love and grope each other.
15. What does Joey dream about at the opening of the novel?
(a) Fighting a bull.
(b) Canoeing down a river.
(c) Catching a train.
(d) Lassoing a hog.
Short Answer Questions
1. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
2. Which of the following topics of conversation is not one Pimko quizzes Joey on in his bedroom?
3. How does Joey feel about having to stay with the Youngbloods while he is in school?
4. What sound signifies the end of class at Joey's school?
5. What is the name of the gang of boys Syphon puts together?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)