|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following body parts is not one Momsen attacked on Filibur's wife?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her ears.
2. What unit of currency is used in the town in which Momsen and Filibur live?
3. Which of the following characters doesn't know who Norwid is?
(c) Mr. Youngblood.
(d) The schoolgirl.
4. Which of the following groups of people does not have major control over Joey's opinion of himself?
(a) School girls.
(c) Office clerks.
(d) His parents.
5. Which of the following nicknames does Dr. Pimko give to Joey?
(a) Little Chickie.
(b) Little Fishie.
(c) Little Bunny.
(d) Little Puppy.
6. What does the teacher complain to Pimko about in regard to his students?
(a) That his students aren't mature enough.
(b) That his students aren't dumb enough.
(c) That his students aren't smart enough.
(d) That his students aren't immature enough.
7. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
(a) A child.
(b) A clown.
(c) A doofus.
(d) A dog.
8. What is the name of the "cool student" who refuses to take sides in the schoolyard brawl between Kneadus and Syphon?
9. How does the schoolgirl react when she realizes that Joey is watching her talk on the phone?
(a) She screams for help.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She ignores him.
10. What is the schoolgirl doing when Joey barges into her bedroom after the phone call?
(a) She is ironing her pants.
(b) She is knitting a pair of socks.
(c) She is sewing a button on a jacket.
(d) She is polishing her shoes.
11. Which of the following career choices does Joey find most annoying?
12. Which of the following items is not something then narrator considers an interruption in life?
(a) Daily trivia.
(b) The doorbell.
(d) The telephone.
13. According to the narrator, what are all underdeveloped artists bound to create?
(a) They will not be creating art at all.
(b) Brilliant art.
(c) Mediocre art.
(d) Terrible art.
14. How old is Joey at the opening of the novel?
15. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
(a) Where do you think you are?
(b) What can I do for you?
(c) How did you get in here?
(d) Do you need some help?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Momsen's girlfriend's name?
2. How much money does Filibur spend to get his wife's health back to normal?
3. What does Joey do for a living?
4. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
5. Instead of acknowledging that Kneadus and Syphus are fighting, what does Pimko insist the boys are doing?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)