|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words does Pimko use to express "bottom"?
2. Which of the following items is not an element noodles can be broken down into, according to Momsen?
3. What language does Joey's class work on translating, even though no one is prepared?
(c) Pig Latin.
4. How does Joey feel about having to stay with the Youngbloods while he is in school?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is disappointed.
5. How does Joey feel when he wakes up from his bizarre dream at the opening of the novel?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is terrified.
6. Who does Kneadus choose as his second in defense during the dual?
7. How does the narrator claim novels are properly read?
(a) In parts.
(b) Novels are never properly read.
(c) From cover to cover.
(d) One page at a time.
8. What does Joey chew on while he listens to the schoolgirl talk with a friend on the phone?
(a) A toothpick.
(b) A ball of licorice.
(c) A stick of chewing gum.
(d) The collar of his shirt.
9. What is the name of the modern schoolgirl?
10. What sound signifies the end of class at Joey's school?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) A bell ringing.
(c) A cricket chirping.
(d) A rooster crowing.
11. Which of the following characters is the first to question Joey about his real age?
(a) Mrs. Youngblood.
(b) Mr. Youngblood.
(d) The schoolgirl.
12. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
13. What time does the school girl agree to meet her friends for a movie?
14. Which of the following groups of people does Kneadus praise?
15. Which of the following topics of conversation is not one Pimko quizzes Joey on in his bedroom?
(a) Russian Huguenots.
(b) Hellenic civilizations.
(c) King Ladislas.
(d) Obscure sixteenth-century writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the English classroom after the schoolyard fight, which is the only student prepared to discuss the material?
2. Who declares the winner of the dual?
3. What unit of currency is used in the town in which Momsen and Filibur live?
4. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
5. What does the schoolgirl do to pass her time while she is waiting for her parents to get home after Joey arrives?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)