|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
2. Which of the following items is not an element noodles can be broken down into, according to Momsen?
3. Which of the schoolgirl's body parts are most intriguing to Joey when he first meets her?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her eyes.
4. Which of the following groups of people does not have major control over Joey's opinion of himself?
(a) His parents.
(b) School girls.
(c) Office clerks.
5. Which of the following adjectives does Pimko use to describe the children on the playground in his notes?
6. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are confused.
7. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
(a) Do you need some help?
(b) Where do you think you are?
(c) How did you get in here?
(d) What can I do for you?
8. Who does Kneadus attack upon entering the Youngblood home?
(a) The cook.
(b) The housemaid.
(c) The gardener.
(d) The laundress.
9. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when the schoolgirl kicks Joey?
(a) She slaps her daughter.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She ignores it.
(d) She scolds Joey.
10. Which of the following body parts is not one Momsen attacked on Filibur's wife?
(a) Her ears.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her nose.
11. Who is the one person Kopydra yearns for more than any other?
(a) A farmhand.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A milkmaid.
12. According to the narrator, what are all underdeveloped artists bound to create?
(a) They will not be creating art at all.
(b) Brilliant art.
(c) Terrible art.
(d) Mediocre art.
13. Which of the following words does Pimko use to express "bottom"?
14. What is the name of the "cool student" who refuses to take sides in the schoolyard brawl between Kneadus and Syphon?
15. Who do the children on the playground think Pimko is when they see him writing notes in hiding?
(a) An escaped criminal.
(b) A police officer.
(c) The school inspector.
(d) The school nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade does Joey enroll in at the Piórkowski school?
2. What is the name of the gang of boys Syphon puts together?
3. How does Joey feel about telling the school girl his true age?
4. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
5. Which of the following characters does the schoolgirl remind Joey of when he first meets her?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)