|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical change does Joey feel in his body as he is speaking with Dr. Pimko?
(a) He feels himself heating-up.
(b) He feels himself shaking.
(c) He feels himself shrinking.
(d) He feels himself expanding.
2. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
(a) A child.
(b) A clown.
(c) A doofus.
(d) A dog.
3. What is the name of the "cool student" who refuses to take sides in the schoolyard brawl between Kneadus and Syphon?
4. Which of the following characters is the first to question Joey about his real age?
(a) Mrs. Youngblood.
(c) The schoolgirl.
(d) Mr. Youngblood.
5. What beverage does Kneadus bring over to drink with Joey in his new home?
6. Which of the following actions is not something the children do to try to prove Pimko wrong in his theories about them?
(a) They start fighting.
(b) They start writing graffiti.
(c) They start shredding his notes.
(d) They start swearing.
7. Who do the children on the playground think Pimko is when they see him writing notes in hiding?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) A police officer.
(c) An escaped criminal.
(d) The school inspector.
8. How long does it take the teacher to convince the contrary student that Slowacki's poetry is, indeed, his favorite?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
9. Which of the following adjectives best describes Doctor T. Pimko?
10. Through which of his body parts does Kneadus think Syphon's innocence can be ruined?
(a) Through his lungs.
(b) Through his hands.
(c) Through his eyes.
(d) Through his ears.
11. Which of the following sciences does Professor Filidor study?
12. What does the schoolgirl do to pass her time while she is waiting for her parents to get home after Joey arrives?
(a) She braids her hair.
(b) She brushes her teeth.
(c) She picks at her skin.
(d) She paints her toenails.
13. What does Mr. Youngblood do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a dentist.
(d) He is an engineer.
14. What is the name of the gang of boys Syphon puts together?
(a) The Guys.
(b) The Dudes.
(c) The Men.
(d) The Lads.
15. Who does Kneadus attack upon entering the Youngblood home?
(a) The gardener.
(b) The cook.
(c) The laundress.
(d) The housemaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins in the pistol shootout between Momsen and Filibur?
2. Instead of acknowledging that Kneadus and Syphus are fighting, what does Pimko insist the boys are doing?
3. Which of the following items is not an element noodles can be broken down into, according to Momsen?
4. Which of the following items is not something then narrator considers an interruption in life?
5. Where does Joey think he is going in life?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)