|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade does Joey enroll in at the Piórkowski school?
(a) Second grade.
(b) Forth grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Eight grade.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the outside world's opinion of Joey?
3. What is the schoolgirl doing when Joey barges into her bedroom after the phone call?
(a) She is ironing her pants.
(b) She is polishing her shoes.
(c) She is knitting a pair of socks.
(d) She is sewing a button on a jacket.
4. Where does Filibur know he must slap Momsen to save his wife's life?
(a) On the hand.
(b) On the back of the head.
(c) On the buttocks.
(d) On the cheek.
5. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
(a) A dog.
(b) A clown.
(c) A child.
(d) A doofus.
6. How does the schoolgirl react when she realizes that Joey is watching her talk on the phone?
(a) She screams for help.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She begins to cry.
7. What is Momsen's girlfriend's name?
8. Which of the following adjectives is not used by Joey to describe the schoolgirl when he sees her for the first time?
9. Which of the following adjectives best describes the schoolgirl?
10. How does the narrator feel about literary critics who hold fast to the iron-clad rules of construction?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He ridicules them.
(c) He is confused by them.
(d) He admires them.
11. How does Joey feel when he wakes up from his bizarre dream at the opening of the novel?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is terrified.
12. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
13. Which of the following metaphors does the narrator use to describe the way a novel is constructed?
(a) Like a human body.
(b) Like a house.
(c) Like a rainbow.
(d) Like a pot of stew.
14. What beverage does Kneadus bring over to drink with Joey in his new home?
15. Which of the following items is not something then narrator considers an interruption in life?
(a) The doorbell.
(b) Daily trivia.
(c) The telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one person Kopydra yearns for more than any other?
2. Which of the schoolgirl's body parts are most intriguing to Joey when he first meets her?
3. What does the schoolgirl do to pass her time while she is waiting for her parents to get home after Joey arrives?
4. Which of the following sciences does Professor Momsen study?
5. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)