|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey feel about having to stay with the Youngbloods while he is in school?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is confused.
2. How does Syphon rally his men when they seem to dwindle in the schoolyard fight?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He screams curses at them.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) He sings to them.
3. Which of the following items is not an element noodles can be broken down into, according to Momsen?
4. Which of the following groups of people does Kneadus praise?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Doctor T. Pimko?
6. Where will Joey be sleeping in relation to where the schoolgirl will be sleeping?
(a) In the next room.
(b) On the opposite side of the house.
(c) In the same room.
(d) In a separate house.
7. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
(a) A doofus.
(b) A clown.
(c) A child.
(d) A dog.
8. Which of the following topics of conversation is not one Pimko quizzes Joey on in his bedroom?
(a) Russian Huguenots.
(b) Obscure sixteenth-century writers.
(c) King Ladislas.
(d) Hellenic civilizations.
9. Through which of his body parts does Kneadus think Syphon's innocence can be ruined?
(a) Through his ears.
(b) Through his lungs.
(c) Through his hands.
(d) Through his eyes.
10. Which of the following adjectives is not used by Joey to describe the schoolgirl when he sees her for the first time?
11. What grade does Joey enroll in at the Piórkowski school?
(a) Second grade.
(b) Eight grade.
(c) Forth grade.
(d) Sixth grade.
12. What insect does Kneadus eat as counter-attack to the first face in the dual?
(a) A fly.
(b) An ant.
(c) A cricket.
(d) A beetle.
13. According to the narrator, what are all underdeveloped artists bound to create?
(a) They will not be creating art at all.
(b) Terrible art.
(c) Brilliant art.
(d) Mediocre art.
14. Who declares the winner of the dual?
15. Who do the children on the playground think Pimko is when they see him writing notes in hiding?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) The school inspector.
(c) A police officer.
(d) An escaped criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical change does Joey feel in his body as he is speaking with Dr. Pimko?
2. How does the narrator claim novels are properly read?
3. What beverage does Kneadus bring over to drink with Joey in his new home?
4. Which of the following words does Pimko use to express "bottom"?
5. Where does Syphon roll his eyes to in his first face for the dual?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)