|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Youngblood do for a living?
(a) He is an engineer.
(b) He is a dentist.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a blacksmith.
2. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
(a) A doofus.
(b) A clown.
(c) A child.
(d) A dog.
3. Which of the following characters does the schoolgirl remind Joey of when he first meets her?
4. How does Kopydra react when Joey tries to engage him in the schoolyard battle?
(a) He joins the battle.
(b) He punches Joey in the face.
(c) He ignores Joey completely.
(d) He jumps out the window.
5. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
(c) Clods of dirt.
(d) Hand grenades.
6. How much money does Filibur spend to get his wife's health back to normal?
7. Which of the following groups of people does not have major control over Joey's opinion of himself?
(a) School girls.
(c) Office clerks.
(d) His parents.
8. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
(a) They are outraged.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are apathetic.
9. Which of the following adjectives best describes the outside world's opinion of Joey?
10. When Joey storms back into the schoolgirl's bedroom, what blinds him upon entry?
(a) The candles.
(b) The sun.
(c) The lamp.
(d) The radiator.
11. How do the students in Joey's classroom react when they meet him for the first time?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They tease him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They welcome him.
12. What does Joey dream about at the opening of the novel?
(a) Fighting a bull.
(b) Canoeing down a river.
(c) Catching a train.
(d) Lassoing a hog.
13. What is the schoolgirl doing when Joey barges into her bedroom after the phone call?
(a) She is knitting a pair of socks.
(b) She is ironing her pants.
(c) She is polishing her shoes.
(d) She is sewing a button on a jacket.
14. Which of the schoolgirl's body parts are most intriguing to Joey when he first meets her?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her legs.
15. What does the schoolgirl do to pass her time while she is waiting for her parents to get home after Joey arrives?
(a) She paints her toenails.
(b) She brushes her teeth.
(c) She braids her hair.
(d) She picks at her skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Syphon rally his men when they seem to dwindle in the schoolyard fight?
2. In the dream, how does Joey react when he sees a younger apparition of himself waving to him?
3. Which of the following actions is not something the children do to try to prove Pimko wrong in his theories about them?
4. What is the name of the gang of boys Syphon puts together?
5. Which of the following nicknames does Dr. Pimko give to Joey?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)