|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
(a) Clods of dirt.
(c) Hand grenades.
2. What is the name of the gang of boys Kneadus puts together?
(a) The Men.
(b) The Dudes.
(c) The Lads.
(d) The Guys.
3. What beverage does Kneadus bring over to drink with Joey in his new home?
4. Who do the children on the playground think Pimko is when they see him writing notes in hiding?
(a) The school inspector.
(b) An escaped criminal.
(c) A police officer.
(d) The school nurse.
5. Which of the following adjectives does Pimko use to describe the children on the playground in his notes?
6. How does Joey feel about telling the school girl his true age?
(a) He desperately wants to tell her.
(b) He is confused whether or not he should tell her.
(c) He does not want to tell her.
(d) He doesn't think about telling her.
7. How does Joey feel about having to stay with the Youngbloods while he is in school?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He is excited.
8. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
9. What does Mr. Youngblood do for a living?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is an engineer.
10. Which of the following topics of conversation is not one Pimko quizzes Joey on in his bedroom?
(a) Obscure sixteenth-century writers.
(b) King Ladislas.
(c) Hellenic civilizations.
(d) Russian Huguenots.
11. What does Joey do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a sculpter.
(d) He is a dancer.
12. In which city do professors Momsen and Filidor meet for their battle?
13. Which of the following items is not an element noodles can be broken down into, according to Momsen?
14. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
(a) Bathroom breaks.
(c) Stomach aches.
15. What is the name of the modern schoolgirl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the outside world's opinion of Joey?
2. How does the narrator feel about literary critics who hold fast to the iron-clad rules of construction?
3. Who does Kneadus attack upon entering the Youngblood home?
4. What fruit is the narrator interested in knowing the reader's opinion of?
5. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)