|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
(a) Hand grenades.
(d) Clods of dirt.
2. What sound signifies the end of class at Joey's school?
(a) A rooster crowing.
(b) A cricket chirping.
(c) A bell ringing.
(d) A baby crying.
3. How does Joey feel when he wakes up from his bizarre dream at the opening of the novel?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is confused.
4. Who does Kneadus attack upon entering the Youngblood home?
(a) The laundress.
(b) The cook.
(c) The gardener.
(d) The housemaid.
5. What is the name of the gang of boys Syphon puts together?
(a) The Men.
(b) The Guys.
(c) The Dudes.
(d) The Lads.
6. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
(a) What can I do for you?
(b) Where do you think you are?
(c) How did you get in here?
(d) Do you need some help?
7. Which of the following actions is not something the children do to try to prove Pimko wrong in his theories about them?
(a) They start swearing.
(b) They start fighting.
(c) They start writing graffiti.
(d) They start shredding his notes.
8. Which of the following adjectives does Pimko use to describe the children on the playground in his notes?
9. At what time of day does Pimko drop Joey off at the Piórkowski school?
(a) Afer school is out for the day.
(b) At first bell.
(c) At lunch.
(d) At final bell.
10. What does the schoolgirl do to pass her time while she is waiting for her parents to get home after Joey arrives?
(a) She paints her toenails.
(b) She picks at her skin.
(c) She brushes her teeth.
(d) She braids her hair.
11. Which of the following words does Pimko use to express "bottom"?
12. Which of the following nicknames does Dr. Pimko give to Joey?
(a) Little Bunny.
(b) Little Fishie.
(c) Little Chickie.
(d) Little Puppy.
13. Where does Syphon roll his eyes to in his first face for the dual?
(a) To the stars.
(b) To Heaven.
(c) To the moon.
(d) To the gods.
14. How do the students in Joey's classroom react when they meet him for the first time?
(a) They welcome him.
(b) They beat him up.
(c) They tease him.
(d) They ignore him.
15. How does Joey feel about having to stay with the Youngbloods while he is in school?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey dream about at the opening of the novel?
2. What does the narrator think will happen to a novel in which the first word is heroic?
3. In the dream, how does Joey react when he sees a younger apparition of himself waving to him?
4. Which of the following body parts is not one Momsen attacked on Filibur's wife?
5. Instead of acknowledging that Kneadus and Syphus are fighting, what does Pimko insist the boys are doing?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)