|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unit of currency is used in the town in which Momsen and Filibur live?
2. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
(a) Where do you think you are?
(b) What can I do for you?
(c) How did you get in here?
(d) Do you need some help?
3. Which of the following actions is not something the children do to try to prove Pimko wrong in his theories about them?
(a) They start fighting.
(b) They start swearing.
(c) They start writing graffiti.
(d) They start shredding his notes.
4. Where does Filibur know he must slap Momsen to save his wife's life?
(a) On the hand.
(b) On the cheek.
(c) On the buttocks.
(d) On the back of the head.
5. What does Joey do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a dancer.
(c) He is a sculpter.
(d) He is a writer.
6. What insect does Kneadus eat as counter-attack to the first face in the dual?
(a) A fly.
(b) An ant.
(c) A cricket.
(d) A beetle.
7. What is the schoolgirl doing when Joey barges into her bedroom after the phone call?
(a) She is polishing her shoes.
(b) She is knitting a pair of socks.
(c) She is sewing a button on a jacket.
(d) She is ironing her pants.
8. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
(a) They are apathetic.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are excited.
9. What does the narrator extol for creating mythology?
10. When Joey dreams of seeing himself in various forms of maturity in a dream, how do his other "selves" treat each other?
(a) They ridicule each other.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) They love and grope each other.
(d) They pat each other on the backs.
11. How long does it take the teacher to convince the contrary student that Slowacki's poetry is, indeed, his favorite?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
12. Which of the following familial groups has the largest influence on the way Joey lives his life?
(a) His siblings.
(b) His aunts.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) His step-parents.
13. Instead of acknowledging that Kneadus and Syphus are fighting, what does Pimko insist the boys are doing?
(a) Wrestling for honor.
(b) Playing ball.
(c) Reading the newspaper.
14. How does Joey feel when he wakes up from his bizarre dream at the opening of the novel?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is excited.
15. Where does Joey think he is going in life?
(a) Joey doesn't think he's going anywhere.
(b) Joey thinks he's headed for failure.
(c) Joey thinks he's going to careen out of control.
(d) Joey thinks he's headed toward success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Syphon roll his eyes to in his first face for the dual?
2. Which of the following topics of conversation is not one Pimko quizzes Joey on in his bedroom?
3. What does the schoolgirl do to pass her time while she is waiting for her parents to get home after Joey arrives?
4. What is the name of the gang of boys Kneadus puts together?
5. What physical change does Joey feel in his body as he is speaking with Dr. Pimko?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)