|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are all underdeveloped artists bound to create?
(a) They will not be creating art at all.
(b) Terrible art.
(c) Mediocre art.
(d) Brilliant art.
2. What beverage does Kneadus bring over to drink with Joey in his new home?
3. Which of the following characters is the first to question Joey about his real age?
(a) The schoolgirl.
(b) Mr. Youngblood.
(d) Mrs. Youngblood.
4. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
(a) A clown.
(b) A doofus.
(c) A child.
(d) A dog.
5. Which of the following nicknames does Dr. Pimko give to Joey?
(a) Little Fishie.
(b) Little Chickie.
(c) Little Puppy.
(d) Little Bunny.
6. Which of the following words does Pimko use to express "bottom"?
7. What does the teacher complain to Pimko about in regard to his students?
(a) That his students aren't dumb enough.
(b) That his students aren't immature enough.
(c) That his students aren't mature enough.
(d) That his students aren't smart enough.
8. How old is Joey at the opening of the novel?
9. What language does Joey's class work on translating, even though no one is prepared?
(d) Pig Latin.
10. Which of the following characters does the schoolgirl remind Joey of when he first meets her?
11. Which of the schoolgirl's body parts are most intriguing to Joey when he first meets her?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her heart.
12. Which of the following items is not something then narrator considers an interruption in life?
(a) The doorbell.
(c) Daily trivia.
(d) The telephone.
13. Who interrupts the dual, loudly clattering into the classroom?
14. What is the name of the schoolgirl's friend who drinks whiskey?
15. What is the name of the "cool student" who refuses to take sides in the schoolyard brawl between Kneadus and Syphon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sciences does Professor Filidor study?
2. What fruit is the narrator interested in knowing the reader's opinion of?
3. Which verb does the teacher want the students to translate even though they are not interested?
4. What does the narrator think will happen to a novel in which the first word is heroic?
5. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)