|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which musician does the narrator claim audiences appreciate only because the larger musical world tells them to?
2. Which community does the narrator think is the stupidest community in the world?
(a) The art community.
(b) The academic community.
(c) The religious community.
(d) The sports community.
3. Who interrupts the dual, loudly clattering into the classroom?
4. How does the schoolgirl react when she realizes that Joey is watching her talk on the phone?
(a) She screams for help.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She ignores him.
5. What is the professor who is known as "Anti-Filidor's" real last name?
6. What is Momsen's girlfriend's name?
7. Who is the one person Kopydra yearns for more than any other?
(a) A farmhand.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A milkmaid.
(d) A teacher.
8. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
9. What grade does the teacher give to all the students to translate languages?
10. Which of the following items is not an element noodles can be broken down into, according to Momsen?
11. In which city do professors Momsen and Filidor meet for their battle?
12. How does Joey feel about telling the school girl his true age?
(a) He does not want to tell her.
(b) He is confused whether or not he should tell her.
(c) He desperately wants to tell her.
(d) He doesn't think about telling her.
13. What fruit is the narrator interested in knowing the reader's opinion of?
14. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
(a) Bathroom breaks.
(c) Stomach aches.
15. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
(b) Clods of dirt.
(c) Hand grenades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the school girl agree to meet her friends for a movie?
2. What does Joey dream about at the opening of the novel?
3. Which of the following actions is not something the children do to try to prove Pimko wrong in his theories about them?
4. Which of the following sciences does Professor Filidor study?
5. Which of the following characters doesn't know who Norwid is?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)