|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator extol for creating mythology?
2. How does the schoolgirl react when she realizes that Joey is watching her talk on the phone?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She screams for help.
(d) She begins to cry.
3. How does the narrator claim novels are properly read?
(a) Novels are never properly read.
(b) One page at a time.
(c) In parts.
(d) From cover to cover.
4. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
5. What does Joey chew on while he listens to the schoolgirl talk with a friend on the phone?
(a) A ball of licorice.
(b) A toothpick.
(c) A stick of chewing gum.
(d) The collar of his shirt.
6. Who wins in the pistol shootout between Momsen and Filibur?
(b) The men tie.
(d) Neither man wins.
7. What grade does Joey enroll in at the Piórkowski school?
(a) Sixth grade.
(b) Second grade.
(c) Forth grade.
(d) Eight grade.
8. Which of the following adjectives does Pimko use to describe the children on the playground in his notes?
9. What is the name of the "cool student" who refuses to take sides in the schoolyard brawl between Kneadus and Syphon?
10. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
11. In the English classroom after the schoolyard fight, which is the only student prepared to discuss the material?
12. Which community does the narrator think is the stupidest community in the world?
(a) The academic community.
(b) The religious community.
(c) The art community.
(d) The sports community.
13. What is the name of the gang of boys Syphon puts together?
(a) The Guys.
(b) The Dudes.
(c) The Lads.
(d) The Men.
14. What grade does the teacher give to all the students to translate languages?
15. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
2. Who does Kneadus attack upon entering the Youngblood home?
3. Which of the following characters is the first to question Joey about his real age?
4. Where does Pimko hide while taking notes on the children while they play at the playground?
5. Which of the following sciences does Professor Filidor study?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)