|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator claim novels are properly read?
(a) In parts.
(b) From cover to cover.
(c) Novels are never properly read.
(d) One page at a time.
2. What does Joey do for a living?
(a) He is a sculpter.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a dancer.
3. What is Momsen's girlfriend's name?
4. What does Mr. Youngblood do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is an engineer.
(c) He is a dentist.
(d) He is a blacksmith.
5. Who does Kneadus attack upon entering the Youngblood home?
(a) The cook.
(b) The gardener.
(c) The laundress.
(d) The housemaid.
6. Which of the following adjectives is not used by Joey to describe the schoolgirl when he sees her for the first time?
7. Which of the following nicknames does Dr. Pimko give to Joey?
(a) Little Puppy.
(b) Little Fishie.
(c) Little Bunny.
(d) Little Chickie.
8. Who is the one person Kopydra yearns for more than any other?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A milkmaid.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A farmhand.
9. How does the schoolgirl react when she realizes that Joey is watching her talk on the phone?
(a) She screams for help.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She ignores him.
10. What does the schoolgirl do to pass her time while she is waiting for her parents to get home after Joey arrives?
(a) She brushes her teeth.
(b) She picks at her skin.
(c) She paints her toenails.
(d) She braids her hair.
11. How does the narrator feel about literary critics who hold fast to the iron-clad rules of construction?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He admires them.
(c) He ridicules them.
(d) He is confused by them.
12. Which of the following topics of conversation is not one Pimko quizzes Joey on in his bedroom?
(a) Russian Huguenots.
(b) Obscure sixteenth-century writers.
(c) King Ladislas.
(d) Hellenic civilizations.
13. How does Kopydra react when Joey tries to engage him in the schoolyard battle?
(a) He joins the battle.
(b) He jumps out the window.
(c) He ignores Joey completely.
(d) He punches Joey in the face.
14. Where does Joey think he is going in life?
(a) Joey thinks he's headed toward success.
(b) Joey thinks he's going to careen out of control.
(c) Joey doesn't think he's going anywhere.
(d) Joey thinks he's headed for failure.
15. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
(a) They are apathetic.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They are outraged.
(d) They are confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following career choices does Joey find most annoying?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Doctor T. Pimko?
3. What grade does the teacher give to all the students to translate languages?
4. What beverage does Kneadus bring over to drink with Joey in his new home?
5. When Joey storms back into the schoolgirl's bedroom, what blinds him upon entry?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)