|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city do professors Momsen and Filidor meet for their battle?
2. Which of the following groups of people does not have major control over Joey's opinion of himself?
(a) His parents.
(b) Office clerks.
(d) School girls.
3. Which of the following actions is not something the children do to try to prove Pimko wrong in his theories about them?
(a) They start fighting.
(b) They start swearing.
(c) They start writing graffiti.
(d) They start shredding his notes.
4. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
(a) How did you get in here?
(b) What can I do for you?
(c) Where do you think you are?
(d) Do you need some help?
5. Where will Joey be sleeping in relation to where the schoolgirl will be sleeping?
(a) In the next room.
(b) In the same room.
(c) On the opposite side of the house.
(d) In a separate house.
6. What is the name of the gang of boys Kneadus puts together?
(a) The Men.
(b) The Dudes.
(c) The Guys.
(d) The Lads.
7. Who does Kneadus choose as his second in defense during the dual?
8. What does the narrator think will happen to a novel in which the first word is heroic?
(a) The novel will ultimately fail.
(b) The novel will end on a note of desperation.
(c) The author will feel trapped by that word.
(d) The author will be confused with his intentions.
9. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
(b) Stomach aches.
(c) Bathroom breaks.
10. Which of the following career choices does Joey find most annoying?
11. At what time of day does Pimko drop Joey off at the Piórkowski school?
(a) Afer school is out for the day.
(b) At final bell.
(c) At first bell.
(d) At lunch.
12. Which of the following characters doesn't know who Norwid is?
(c) The schoolgirl.
(d) Mr. Youngblood.
13. What is Momsen's girlfriend's name?
14. Which of the following familial groups has the largest influence on the way Joey lives his life?
(a) His aunts.
(b) His siblings.
(c) His step-parents.
(d) His grandparents.
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes the schoolgirl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which community does the narrator think is the stupidest community in the world?
2. What unit of currency is used in the town in which Momsen and Filibur live?
3. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
4. What does Joey do for a living?
5. In the dream, how does Joey react when he sees a younger apparition of himself waving to him?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)