|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
2. Who is the one person Kopydra yearns for more than any other?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A farmhand.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A milkmaid.
3. What does Mr. Youngblood do for a living?
(a) He is an engineer.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a dentist.
4. What does the teacher complain to Pimko about in regard to his students?
(a) That his students aren't dumb enough.
(b) That his students aren't mature enough.
(c) That his students aren't smart enough.
(d) That his students aren't immature enough.
5. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
(a) Hand grenades.
(d) Clods of dirt.
6. What physical change does Joey feel in his body as he is speaking with Dr. Pimko?
(a) He feels himself heating-up.
(b) He feels himself shrinking.
(c) He feels himself shaking.
(d) He feels himself expanding.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Doctor T. Pimko?
8. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
(a) How did you get in here?
(b) Do you need some help?
(c) What can I do for you?
(d) Where do you think you are?
9. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They are apathetic.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are outraged.
10. Which of the following characters doesn't know who Norwid is?
(a) The schoolgirl.
(b) Mr. Youngblood.
11. According to the narrator, what are all underdeveloped artists bound to create?
(a) Terrible art.
(b) They will not be creating art at all.
(c) Mediocre art.
(d) Brilliant art.
12. What fruit is the narrator interested in knowing the reader's opinion of?
13. What is Momsen's girlfriend's name?
14. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
15. How much money does Filibur spend to get his wife's health back to normal?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joey storms back into the schoolgirl's bedroom, what blinds him upon entry?
2. Who interrupts the dual, loudly clattering into the classroom?
3. Which of the following adjectives is not used by Joey to describe the schoolgirl when he sees her for the first time?
4. How does the narrator feel about literary critics who hold fast to the iron-clad rules of construction?
5. What sound signifies the end of class at Joey's school?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)