|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the schoolgirl doing when Joey barges into her bedroom after the phone call?
(a) She is ironing her pants.
(b) She is polishing her shoes.
(c) She is knitting a pair of socks.
(d) She is sewing a button on a jacket.
2. What is the name of the modern schoolgirl?
3. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
(b) Stomach aches.
(d) Bathroom breaks.
4. What is the name of the "cool student" who refuses to take sides in the schoolyard brawl between Kneadus and Syphon?
5. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
6. Which of the following groups of people does not have major control over Joey's opinion of himself?
(a) School girls.
(b) Office clerks.
(d) His parents.
7. How does Joey feel about having to stay with the Youngbloods while he is in school?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is disappointed.
8. Which of the following sciences does Professor Momsen study?
9. Which of the following characters is the first to question Joey about his real age?
(a) The schoolgirl.
(b) Mr. Youngblood.
(d) Mrs. Youngblood.
10. What sound signifies the end of class at Joey's school?
(a) A rooster crowing.
(b) A baby crying.
(c) A bell ringing.
(d) A cricket chirping.
11. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
(b) Clods of dirt.
(c) Hand grenades.
12. Where will Joey be sleeping in relation to where the schoolgirl will be sleeping?
(a) In a separate house.
(b) On the opposite side of the house.
(c) In the next room.
(d) In the same room.
13. Which of the following topics of conversation is not one Pimko quizzes Joey on in his bedroom?
(a) King Ladislas.
(b) Obscure sixteenth-century writers.
(c) Russian Huguenots.
(d) Hellenic civilizations.
14. What physical change does Joey feel in his body as he is speaking with Dr. Pimko?
(a) He feels himself expanding.
(b) He feels himself shaking.
(c) He feels himself heating-up.
(d) He feels himself shrinking.
15. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pimko hide while taking notes on the children while they play at the playground?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the schoolgirl?
3. When Joey storms back into the schoolgirl's bedroom, what blinds him upon entry?
4. How old is Joey at the opening of the novel?
5. Who wins in the pistol shootout between Momsen and Filibur?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)