|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the schoolgirl?
2. Where does Joey think he is going in life?
(a) Joey doesn't think he's going anywhere.
(b) Joey thinks he's headed toward success.
(c) Joey thinks he's headed for failure.
(d) Joey thinks he's going to careen out of control.
3. What physical change does Joey feel in his body as he is speaking with Dr. Pimko?
(a) He feels himself expanding.
(b) He feels himself shaking.
(c) He feels himself heating-up.
(d) He feels himself shrinking.
4. Which of the following body parts is not one Momsen attacked on Filibur's wife?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her fingers.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her eyes.
5. What sound signifies the end of class at Joey's school?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) A bell ringing.
(c) A cricket chirping.
(d) A rooster crowing.
6. What is the professor who is known as "Anti-Filidor's" real last name?
7. Which of the following sciences does Professor Filidor study?
8. Which community does the narrator think is the stupidest community in the world?
(a) The religious community.
(b) The art community.
(c) The sports community.
(d) The academic community.
9. What is the name of the modern schoolgirl?
10. How does Syphon rally his men when they seem to dwindle in the schoolyard fight?
(a) He screams curses at them.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) He sings to them.
11. Which verb does the teacher want the students to translate even though they are not interested?
12. In the dream, how does Joey react when he sees a younger apparition of himself waving to him?
(a) He runs away from the apparition.
(b) He waves back to the apparition.
(c) He slaps the apparition in the face.
(d) He shakes hands with the apparition.
13. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
14. How do the students in Joey's classroom react when they meet him for the first time?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They tease him.
(c) They beat him up.
(d) They welcome him.
15. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
(c) Bathroom breaks.
(d) Stomach aches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Filibur spend to get his wife's health back to normal?
2. Who does Kneadus challenge to a dual of pulling faces?
3. How does Joey feel when he wakes up from his bizarre dream at the opening of the novel?
4. Which of the following topics of conversation is not one Pimko quizzes Joey on in his bedroom?
5. What time does the school girl agree to meet her friends for a movie?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)