|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following sciences does Professor Momsen study?
2. Which of the following items is not an element noodles can be broken down into, according to Momsen?
3. How does Joey feel when he wakes up from his bizarre dream at the opening of the novel?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is terrified.
4. Which of the following adjectives does Pimko use to describe the children on the playground in his notes?
5. What is the name of the gang of boys Kneadus puts together?
(a) The Men.
(b) The Lads.
(c) The Dudes.
(d) The Guys.
6. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
(a) They are outraged.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are confused.
7. How does Syphon rally his men when they seem to dwindle in the schoolyard fight?
(a) He threatens them.
(b) He sings to them.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He screams curses at them.
8. Where does Pimko hide while taking notes on the children while they play at the playground?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) Underneath the slide.
(c) In his car.
(d) Behind a dumpster.
9. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when the schoolgirl kicks Joey?
(a) She ignores it.
(b) She slaps her daughter.
(c) She scolds Joey.
(d) She laughs.
10. In which city do professors Momsen and Filidor meet for their battle?
11. Who is the one person Kopydra yearns for more than any other?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A farmhand.
(c) A milkmaid.
(d) A butcher.
12. Through which of his body parts does Kneadus think Syphon's innocence can be ruined?
(a) Through his eyes.
(b) Through his lungs.
(c) Through his hands.
(d) Through his ears.
13. Where will Joey be sleeping in relation to where the schoolgirl will be sleeping?
(a) On the opposite side of the house.
(b) In the next room.
(c) In a separate house.
(d) In the same room.
14. What does Joey chew on while he listens to the schoolgirl talk with a friend on the phone?
(a) The collar of his shirt.
(b) A stick of chewing gum.
(c) A ball of licorice.
(d) A toothpick.
15. Which of the following familial groups has the largest influence on the way Joey lives his life?
(a) His step-parents.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His siblings.
(d) His aunts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about literary critics who hold fast to the iron-clad rules of construction?
2. Which of the schoolgirl's body parts are most intriguing to Joey when he first meets her?
3. How does Joey feel about having to stay with the Youngbloods while he is in school?
4. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
5. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)