|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
(a) How did you get in here?
(b) Where do you think you are?
(c) What can I do for you?
(d) Do you need some help?
2. Which of the following items is not an element noodles can be broken down into, according to Momsen?
3. What does the teacher complain to Pimko about in regard to his students?
(a) That his students aren't dumb enough.
(b) That his students aren't mature enough.
(c) That his students aren't immature enough.
(d) That his students aren't smart enough.
4. What language does Joey's class work on translating, even though no one is prepared?
(a) Pig Latin.
5. How does the narrator feel about literary critics who hold fast to the iron-clad rules of construction?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He ridicules them.
(c) He admires them.
(d) He is confused by them.
6. At what time of day does Pimko drop Joey off at the Piórkowski school?
(a) At lunch.
(b) At final bell.
(c) Afer school is out for the day.
(d) At first bell.
7. When Joey storms back into the schoolgirl's bedroom, what blinds him upon entry?
(a) The lamp.
(b) The radiator.
(c) The candles.
(d) The sun.
8. How long does it take the teacher to convince the contrary student that Slowacki's poetry is, indeed, his favorite?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
9. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
(c) Bathroom breaks.
(d) Stomach aches.
10. How do the students in Joey's classroom react when they meet him for the first time?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They welcome him.
(c) They tease him.
(d) They ignore him.
11. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when the schoolgirl kicks Joey?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) She scolds Joey.
(d) She slaps her daughter.
12. How much money does Filibur spend to get his wife's health back to normal?
13. How does Kopydra react when Joey tries to engage him in the schoolyard battle?
(a) He punches Joey in the face.
(b) He jumps out the window.
(c) He ignores Joey completely.
(d) He joins the battle.
14. What does the schoolgirl do to pass her time while she is waiting for her parents to get home after Joey arrives?
(a) She picks at her skin.
(b) She paints her toenails.
(c) She brushes her teeth.
(d) She braids her hair.
15. Which of the following words does Pimko use to express "bottom"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people does Kneadus praise?
2. Who does Kneadus challenge to a dual of pulling faces?
3. Which of the following adjectives does Pimko use to describe the children on the playground in his notes?
4. Which of the following characters does the schoolgirl remind Joey of when he first meets her?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the schoolgirl?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)