|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Joey be sleeping in relation to where the schoolgirl will be sleeping?
(a) On the opposite side of the house.
(b) In the next room.
(c) In a separate house.
(d) In the same room.
2. What insect does Kneadus eat as counter-attack to the first face in the dual?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A beetle.
(c) A fly.
(d) An ant.
3. How does the narrator claim novels are properly read?
(a) One page at a time.
(b) In parts.
(c) Novels are never properly read.
(d) From cover to cover.
4. Who does Kneadus challenge to a dual of pulling faces?
5. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
(a) Hand grenades.
(b) Clods of dirt.
6. What physical change does Joey feel in his body as he is speaking with Dr. Pimko?
(a) He feels himself shrinking.
(b) He feels himself shaking.
(c) He feels himself heating-up.
(d) He feels himself expanding.
7. Who interrupts the dual, loudly clattering into the classroom?
8. Which of the following adjectives is not used by Joey to describe the schoolgirl when he sees her for the first time?
9. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
(a) Where do you think you are?
(b) What can I do for you?
(c) Do you need some help?
(d) How did you get in here?
10. Through which of his body parts does Kneadus think Syphon's innocence can be ruined?
(a) Through his ears.
(b) Through his eyes.
(c) Through his lungs.
(d) Through his hands.
11. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
12. Which verb does the teacher want the students to translate even though they are not interested?
13. What is the professor who is known as "Anti-Filidor's" real last name?
14. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when the schoolgirl kicks Joey?
(a) She scolds Joey.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) She slaps her daughter.
(d) She laughs.
15. How does Joey feel about telling the school girl his true age?
(a) He is confused whether or not he should tell her.
(b) He doesn't think about telling her.
(c) He desperately wants to tell her.
(d) He does not want to tell her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit is the narrator interested in knowing the reader's opinion of?
2. What is the schoolgirl doing when Joey barges into her bedroom after the phone call?
3. Which of the following characters doesn't know who Norwid is?
4. What is the name of the "cool student" who refuses to take sides in the schoolyard brawl between Kneadus and Syphon?
5. What is Momsen's lover's weakness?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)