|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the teacher to convince the contrary student that Slowacki's poetry is, indeed, his favorite?
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
2. Through which of his body parts does Kneadus think Syphon's innocence can be ruined?
(a) Through his lungs.
(b) Through his eyes.
(c) Through his hands.
(d) Through his ears.
3. How does Joey feel about telling the school girl his true age?
(a) He doesn't think about telling her.
(b) He is confused whether or not he should tell her.
(c) He desperately wants to tell her.
(d) He does not want to tell her.
4. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
5. Which of the following adjectives does Pimko use to describe the children on the playground in his notes?
6. When Joey dreams of seeing himself in various forms of maturity in a dream, how do his other "selves" treat each other?
(a) They ignore each other.
(b) They love and grope each other.
(c) They pat each other on the backs.
(d) They ridicule each other.
7. Who do the children on the playground think Pimko is when they see him writing notes in hiding?
(a) A police officer.
(b) An escaped criminal.
(c) The school inspector.
(d) The school nurse.
8. What does Joey chew on while he listens to the schoolgirl talk with a friend on the phone?
(a) A ball of licorice.
(b) The collar of his shirt.
(c) A toothpick.
(d) A stick of chewing gum.
9. Which of the following groups of people does not have major control over Joey's opinion of himself?
(b) School girls.
(c) His parents.
(d) Office clerks.
10. Which of the following characters doesn't know who Norwid is?
(a) The schoolgirl.
(b) Mr. Youngblood.
11. Which of the following items is not something then narrator considers an interruption in life?
(a) The doorbell.
(b) The telephone.
(d) Daily trivia.
12. In which city do professors Momsen and Filidor meet for their battle?
13. How old is Joey at the opening of the novel?
14. What sound signifies the end of class at Joey's school?
(a) A bell ringing.
(b) A rooster crowing.
(c) A cricket chirping.
(d) A baby crying.
15. Which verb does the teacher want the students to translate even though they are not interested?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator claim novels are properly read?
2. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
3. Which of the following words does Pimko use to express "bottom"?
4. Which musician does the narrator claim audiences appreciate only because the larger musical world tells them to?
5. Which of the following items is not an element noodles can be broken down into, according to Momsen?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)