|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Child Runs Deep in Filidor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Filibur spend to get his wife's health back to normal?
2. Which of the following adjectives does Pimko use to describe the children on the playground in his notes?
3. Which of the following groups of people does Kneadus praise?
4. In the dream, how does Joey react when he sees a younger apparition of himself waving to him?
(a) He runs away from the apparition.
(b) He waves back to the apparition.
(c) He shakes hands with the apparition.
(d) He slaps the apparition in the face.
5. What does Joey dream about at the opening of the novel?
(a) Canoeing down a river.
(b) Fighting a bull.
(c) Lassoing a hog.
(d) Catching a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
2. Who declares the winner of the dual?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the outside world's opinion of Joey?
4. How long does it take the teacher to convince the contrary student that Slowacki's poetry is, indeed, his favorite?
5. What does the narrator extol for creating mythology?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)