|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Child Runs Deep in Filidor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Joey at the opening of the novel?
2. Which musician does the narrator claim audiences appreciate only because the larger musical world tells them to?
3. What does Joey do for a living?
(a) He is a dancer.
(b) He is a sculpter.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a writer.
4. Which community does the narrator think is the stupidest community in the world?
(a) The academic community.
(b) The art community.
(c) The sports community.
(d) The religious community.
5. As Momsen and Filibur walk away from each other after the dual, what do they throw at each other?
(a) Hand grenades.
(c) Clods of dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade does the teacher give to all the students to translate languages?
2. How does Kopydra react when Joey tries to engage him in the schoolyard battle?
3. Which of the following sciences does Professor Momsen study?
4. What sound signifies the end of class at Joey's school?
5. Which of the following topics of conversation is not one Pimko quizzes Joey on in his bedroom?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)