|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Imprisonment and Further Belittlement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following topics of conversation is not one Pimko quizzes Joey on in his bedroom?
(a) Russian Huguenots.
(b) Obscure sixteenth-century writers.
(c) King Ladislas.
(d) Hellenic civilizations.
2. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
(a) They are apathetic.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are excited.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the outside world's opinion of Joey?
4. What does Joey dream about at the opening of the novel?
(a) Catching a train.
(b) Canoeing down a river.
(c) Lassoing a hog.
(d) Fighting a bull.
5. What is the name of the gang of boys Kneadus puts together?
(a) The Dudes.
(b) The Guys.
(c) The Men.
(d) The Lads.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the students in Joey's classroom react when they meet him for the first time?
2. Which of the following groups of people does not have major control over Joey's opinion of himself?
3. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
4. What does the teacher complain to Pimko about in regard to his students?
5. Which of the following familial groups has the largest influence on the way Joey lives his life?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)