|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Fruit Compote.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city do professors Momsen and Filidor meet for their battle?
2. How does Mrs. Youngblood feel about the prospect of her young daughter getting pregnant?
(a) She hasn't ever thought of it.
(b) She doesn't care.
(c) She is sure it will happen.
(d) She is frightened by the thought.
3. What grade does Joey enroll in at the Piórkowski school?
(a) Second grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Eight grade.
(d) Forth grade.
4. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are outraged.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the conversations the Youngblood family has around the dinner table each night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
2. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes Joey is in love with her daughter?
3. What does the narrator extol for creating mythology?
4. How does the schoolgirl react when she realizes that Joey is watching her talk on the phone?
5. How does Syphon rally his men when they seem to dwindle in the schoolyard fight?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)