|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Fruit Compote.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Syphon rally his men when they seem to dwindle in the schoolyard fight?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He threatens them.
(c) He sings to them.
(d) He screams curses at them.
2. What does the narrator think will happen to a novel in which the first word is heroic?
(a) The author will be confused with his intentions.
(b) The author will feel trapped by that word.
(c) The novel will ultimately fail.
(d) The novel will end on a note of desperation.
3. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
4. Which of the following items is not an element noodles can be broken down into, according to Momsen?
5. How long does it take the teacher to convince the contrary student that Slowacki's poetry is, indeed, his favorite?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
2. What does the teacher complain to Pimko about in regard to his students?
3. In the English classroom after the schoolyard fight, which is the only student prepared to discuss the material?
4. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes Joey is in love with her daughter?
5. Which of the following actions is not something the children do to try to prove Pimko wrong in his theories about them?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)