|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Fruit Compote.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator claim novels are properly read?
(a) From cover to cover.
(b) Novels are never properly read.
(c) In parts.
(d) One page at a time.
2. Where does Filibur know he must slap Momsen to save his wife's life?
(a) On the buttocks.
(b) On the cheek.
(c) On the hand.
(d) On the back of the head.
3. Which community does the narrator think is the stupidest community in the world?
(a) The academic community.
(b) The sports community.
(c) The art community.
(d) The religious community.
4. What does the narrator think will happen to a novel in which the first word is heroic?
(a) The novel will end on a note of desperation.
(b) The author will be confused with his intentions.
(c) The author will feel trapped by that word.
(d) The novel will ultimately fail.
5. How does Mrs. Youngblood react when she realizes Joey is in love with her daughter?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is outraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the gang of boys Kneadus puts together?
2. What is the professor who is known as "Anti-Filidor's" real last name?
3. Which of the following sciences does Professor Momsen study?
4. How does the narrator feel about literary critics who hold fast to the iron-clad rules of construction?
5. What time does the school girl agree to meet her friends for a movie?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)