Chapter 1, Abduction
1. How old is Joey at the opening of the novel?
2. What does Joey do for a living?
(a) He is a sculpter.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a dancer.
(d) He is a painter.
3. What does Joey dream about at the opening of the novel?
(a) Catching a train.
(b) Fighting a bull.
(c) Canoeing down a river.
(d) Lassoing a hog.
4. How does Joey feel when he wakes up from his bizarre dream at the opening of the novel?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is terrified.
5. When Joey dreams of seeing himself in various forms of maturity in a dream, how do his other "selves" treat each other?
(a) They ignore each other.
(b) They love and grope each other.
(c) They pat each other on the backs.
(d) They ridicule each other.
This section contains 4,244 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)