|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
2. What does Troy say to Bono before he leaves after helping Troy with the fence?
3. What does Rose tell Cory he can't escape?
4. What does Gabriel do when he realizes there is no sound coming from his horn?
5. What is Troy doing with the baby as Rose comes out from the house and listens to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Troy's childhood, explaining what happened to his mother and how his father forced him to leave home. Examine what effect those childhood experiences have on his personality and his actions.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, Troy constantly feels the need to control the lives of others. Analyze how Troy controls--or tries to control--the lives of Rose, Cory, and Gabriel. In each instance, give specific examples and explain to what extent these characters have improved the control of their own lives by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Lyons. How he is related to the other characters in the book? What are his dreams and difficulties? Why might the playwright have included Lyons' character?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)