|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
2. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
3. What does Rose ask Troy not to do when Troy comments that Alberta was not alone in the world?
4. After Rose and Troy discuss Gabriel, what does Troy tell Rose to do?
5. What does Troy say to his daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Troy's attitude toward responsibility. Explain in detail what actions Troy takes in the play based on the importance he places on acting responsibly.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Rose and Troy. In your analysis, include the following topics: Rose's ultimatum to Troy before they married, Troy's treatment of Rose and her treatment of him throughout the play, Rose's reaction to Troy's affair, and ways in which the couple's relationship changes by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how foreshadowing is used effectively in the play. Give examples of at least five instances in which foreshadowing comes into play--both from the standpoint of the foreshadowing itself and the event or dialogue it predicts.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)