|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cory notices the fence had been built, what does Rose say?
2. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
3. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
4. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
5. Bono remarks to Troy that he has noticed that Troy has been spending a lot of time with whom?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the relationship between Cory and Troy evolves from the beginning to the end of the play. Include such factors as Cory's early obedience to his father, his growing defiance, and his attitude at the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the evolution of Troy and Bono's relationship, explaining how long the two had been friends, how their relationship could be described at the beginning of the play, as well as how and why it changed by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play, Troy constantly feels the need to control the lives of others. Analyze how Troy controls--or tries to control--the lives of Rose, Cory, and Gabriel. In each instance, give specific examples and explain to what extent these characters have improved the control of their own lives by the end of the play.
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)