|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rose comes out, Gabriel arrives prepared to do what?
2. Why does Cory say he has come home?
3. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
4. How long has it been since Bono has been by to see Troy?
5. Which of the following is NOT included in Old Blue's song?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how foreshadowing is used effectively in the play. Give examples of at least five instances in which foreshadowing comes into play--both from the standpoint of the foreshadowing itself and the event or dialogue it predicts.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ways in which baseball terms are used metaphorically throughout the play. Give examples of when and how at least a dozen terms are used.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the specific events which lead to Troy's downfall. Mention each character in the book and how Troy's loss of control is manifested by each.
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)