|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Troy reveals his affair, what does Rose tell Troy about her dreams?
2. As Lyons arrives calling for her, Rose comes out to tell him what?
3. How many children has Troy actually fathered?
4. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
5. When Cory comes home while Lyons is visiting, where has he been?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reason(s) why Cory may have chosen a different path for himself by the end of the play, explaining how it seemed from the beginning of the play that history might be repeating itself in the story of father and son.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Rose and Troy. In your analysis, include the following topics: Rose's ultimatum to Troy before they married, Troy's treatment of Rose and her treatment of him throughout the play, Rose's reaction to Troy's affair, and ways in which the couple's relationship changes by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the issue of racial prejudice in the play, both in terms of what are factual issues addressed and what are problems for which Troy claims exist only because of the domination of the white man over the black man.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)