Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
2. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
3. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
4. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
5. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Rose's decision to raise the baby Troy fathered with another woman. In what way is her decision a reflection of her characteristics throughout the play? In what way does her decision change her relationship with Troy? In what way does her decision change her life both positively and negatively?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the final moments of the play and explain the symbolism of Gabriel's words and actions.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play, Troy constantly feels the need to control the lives of others. Analyze how Troy controls--or tries to control--the lives of Rose, Cory, and Gabriel. In each instance, give specific examples and explain to what extent these characters have improved the control of their own lives by the end of the play.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)