|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Troy sends Cory in for another saw, what does Troy ask Bono?
2. When Cory comes out and tries to free Rose from Troy's grip, what does Troy do?
3. Bono remarks to Troy that he has noticed that Troy has been spending a lot of time with whom?
4. What does Troy say that he can't stand Cory doing?
5. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Rose and Troy. In your analysis, include the following topics: Rose's ultimatum to Troy before they married, Troy's treatment of Rose and her treatment of him throughout the play, Rose's reaction to Troy's affair, and ways in which the couple's relationship changes by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2
In the play, Rose reveals an early theme of the play when she states, "Some people don't know that improving their lives is possible." Discuss this theme as it applies to Troy. What is Troy's opinion of this idea? Why does he feel the way he does?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the issue of racial prejudice in the play, both in terms of what are factual issues addressed and what are problems for which Troy claims exist only because of the domination of the white man over the black man.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)