|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
2. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
3. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
4. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
5. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the relationship between Cory and Troy evolves from the beginning to the end of the play. Include such factors as Cory's early obedience to his father, his growing defiance, and his attitude at the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how foreshadowing is used effectively in the play. Give examples of at least five instances in which foreshadowing comes into play--both from the standpoint of the foreshadowing itself and the event or dialogue it predicts.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the issue of racial prejudice in the play, both in terms of what are factual issues addressed and what are problems for which Troy claims exist only because of the domination of the white man over the black man.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)