|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cory wearing when he arrives home and meets Raynell for the first time since she was a baby?
2. What is Troy doing with the baby as Rose comes out from the house and listens to him?
3. Why does Troy say he will take care of the baby?
4. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
5. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ways in which Troy's storytelling reveals his ideas about life. In your analysis, include his conversations with and stories about talking with Death, his story about dealing with the devil, and at least one other story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the issue of racial prejudice in the play, both in terms of what are factual issues addressed and what are problems for which Troy claims exist only because of the domination of the white man over the black man.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the evolution of Troy and Bono's relationship, explaining how long the two had been friends, how their relationship could be described at the beginning of the play, as well as how and why it changed by the end of the play.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)