Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
2. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
3. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
4. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
5. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the specific events which lead to Troy's downfall. Mention each character in the book and how Troy's loss of control is manifested by each.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, Troy constantly feels the need to control the lives of others. Analyze how Troy controls--or tries to control--the lives of Rose, Cory, and Gabriel. In each instance, give specific examples and explain to what extent these characters have improved the control of their own lives by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
In the play, Rose reveals an early theme of the play when she states, "Some people don't know that improving their lives is possible." Discuss this theme as it applies to Troy. What is Troy's opinion of this idea? Why does he feel the way he does?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)