|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cory comes out and tries to free Rose from Troy's grip, what does Troy do?
2. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
3. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
4. When Troy goes towards Cory to hit him, how does Cory defend himself?
5. What has Lyons come to the house for in Act 2, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how foreshadowing is used effectively in the play. Give examples of at least five instances in which foreshadowing comes into play--both from the standpoint of the foreshadowing itself and the event or dialogue it predicts.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, Troy constantly feels the need to control the lives of others. Analyze how Troy controls--or tries to control--the lives of Rose, Cory, and Gabriel. In each instance, give specific examples and explain to what extent these characters have improved the control of their own lives by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Lyons. How he is related to the other characters in the book? What are his dreams and difficulties? Why might the playwright have included Lyons' character?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)