|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
2. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
3. At the beginning of the Act 2, Scene 5, the first time we see Raynell, why is she in the yard when Cory arrives?
4. Troy stops the conversation with Rose about his affair by saying he is going ________ (fill in the blank).
5. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the issue of racial prejudice in the play, both in terms of what are factual issues addressed and what are problems for which Troy claims exist only because of the domination of the white man over the black man.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Troy's childhood, explaining what happened to his mother and how his father forced him to leave home. Examine what effect those childhood experiences have on his personality and his actions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Troy's attitude toward responsibility. Explain in detail what actions Troy takes in the play based on the importance he places on acting responsibly.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)