|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
2. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
3. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
4. As Troy sings, Bono stops by on his way _______ (fill in the blank).
5. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how money affects the following characters: Troy, Cory, and Lyons. Explain why money is an issue for each and what each character does about the issue during the course of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Troy's childhood, explaining what happened to his mother and how his father forced him to leave home. Examine what effect those childhood experiences have on his personality and his actions.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play, Troy constantly feels the need to control the lives of others. Analyze how Troy controls--or tries to control--the lives of Rose, Cory, and Gabriel. In each instance, give specific examples and explain to what extent these characters have improved the control of their own lives by the end of the play.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)