|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
2. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
3. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
4. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
5. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evolution of Troy and Bono's relationship, explaining how long the two had been friends, how their relationship could be described at the beginning of the play, as well as how and why it changed by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rose's decision to raise the baby Troy fathered with another woman. In what way is her decision a reflection of her characteristics throughout the play? In what way does her decision change her relationship with Troy? In what way does her decision change her life both positively and negatively?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Troy's childhood, explaining what happened to his mother and how his father forced him to leave home. Examine what effect those childhood experiences have on his personality and his actions.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)