|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
2. What does Rose tell Cory he can't escape?
3. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
4. For what reason does Rose tell Raynell to come in and get dressed?
5. Where does Rose go in Act 2, Scene 4?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the final moments of the play and explain the symbolism of Gabriel's words and actions.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how money affects the following characters: Troy, Cory, and Lyons. Explain why money is an issue for each and what each character does about the issue during the course of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rose's decision to raise the baby Troy fathered with another woman. In what way is her decision a reflection of her characteristics throughout the play? In what way does her decision change her relationship with Troy? In what way does her decision change her life both positively and negatively?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)