|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
2. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
3. At the very end of the play, who is NOT there watching Gabriel?
4. Why does Cory say he has come home?
5. Bono remarks to Troy that he has noticed that Troy has been spending a lot of time with whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character of Lyons. How he is related to the other characters in the book? What are his dreams and difficulties? Why might the playwright have included Lyons' character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Troy's attitude toward responsibility. Explain in detail what actions Troy takes in the play based on the importance he places on acting responsibly.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reason(s) why Cory may have chosen a different path for himself by the end of the play, explaining how it seemed from the beginning of the play that history might be repeating itself in the story of father and son.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)