|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyons tell Cory that Troy always said about trouble?
2. When Raynell comes outside, what does she ask Cory?
3. What argument does Troy use to talk Rose into taking care of the baby?
4. What does Gabriel do when Lyons tries to help him?
5. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the play, Rose reveals an early theme of the play when she states, "Some people don't know that improving their lives is possible." Discuss this theme as it applies to Troy. What is Troy's opinion of this idea? Why does he feel the way he does?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the evolution of Troy and Bono's relationship, explaining how long the two had been friends, how their relationship could be described at the beginning of the play, as well as how and why it changed by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways in which Troy's storytelling reveals his ideas about life. In your analysis, include his conversations with and stories about talking with Death, his story about dealing with the devil, and at least one other story.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)