|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Troy sings, Bono stops by on his way _______ (fill in the blank).
2. When Raynell comes outside, what does she ask Cory?
3. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
4. Gabriel had been living at the boarding house, but during Rose and Troy's conversation, it is revealed that Gabriel is now living where?
5. What argument does Troy use to talk Rose into taking care of the baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the play, Troy constantly feels the need to control the lives of others. Analyze how Troy controls--or tries to control--the lives of Rose, Cory, and Gabriel. In each instance, give specific examples and explain to what extent these characters have improved the control of their own lives by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the evolution of Troy and Bono's relationship, explaining how long the two had been friends, how their relationship could be described at the beginning of the play, as well as how and why it changed by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the final moments of the play and explain the symbolism of Gabriel's words and actions.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)