|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
2. At the end of the play, why does Lyons go into the house?
3. What argument does Troy use to talk Rose into taking care of the baby?
4. For what reason does Rose tell Raynell to come in and get dressed?
5. What does Rose say Troy was doing when he died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Troy's childhood, explaining what happened to his mother and how his father forced him to leave home. Examine what effect those childhood experiences have on his personality and his actions.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the final moments of the play and explain the symbolism of Gabriel's words and actions.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Lyons. How he is related to the other characters in the book? What are his dreams and difficulties? Why might the playwright have included Lyons' character?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)