|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
2. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
3. When Lyons arrives in Act 5, what does he tell Cory he's been doing?
4. As Troy sings, Bono stops by on his way _______ (fill in the blank).
5. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the specific events which lead to Troy's downfall. Mention each character in the book and how Troy's loss of control is manifested by each.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Lyons. How he is related to the other characters in the book? What are his dreams and difficulties? Why might the playwright have included Lyons' character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Rose and Troy. In your analysis, include the following topics: Rose's ultimatum to Troy before they married, Troy's treatment of Rose and her treatment of him throughout the play, Rose's reaction to Troy's affair, and ways in which the couple's relationship changes by the end of the play.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)