|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
2. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
3. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
4. As Lyons arrives calling for her, Rose comes out to tell him what?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, when Rose comes out and asks him to help in the kitchen, what is Cory doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Explain how the relationship between Cory and Troy evolves from the beginning to the end of the play. Include such factors as Cory's early obedience to his father, his growing defiance, and his attitude at the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2Discuss the issue of racial prejudice in the play, both in terms of what are factual issues addressed and what are problems for which Troy claims exist only because of the domination of the white man over the black man.
Essay Topic 3Explain how foreshadowing is used effectively in the play. Give examples of at least five instances in which foreshadowing comes into play--both from the standpoint of the foreshadowing itself and the event or dialogue it predicts.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)