|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cory notices the fence had been built, what does Rose say?
2. What has Lyons come to the house for in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What does Gabriel do when Lyons tries to help him?
4. What is Cory wearing when he arrives home and meets Raynell for the first time since she was a baby?
5. Why does Cory say he has come home?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Troy's childhood, explaining what happened to his mother and how his father forced him to leave home. Examine what effect those childhood experiences have on his personality and his actions.
Essay Topic 2
In the play, Rose reveals an early theme of the play when she states, "Some people don't know that improving their lives is possible." Discuss this theme as it applies to Troy. What is Troy's opinion of this idea? Why does he feel the way he does?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Lyons. How he is related to the other characters in the book? What are his dreams and difficulties? Why might the playwright have included Lyons' character?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)