|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say after Cory says he's leaving and tells Rose he'll be back for his things later?
2. When Raynell comes outside, what does she ask Cory?
3. Why does Cory say he has come home?
4. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
5. What has Lyons come to the house for in Act 2, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the issue of racial prejudice in the play, both in terms of what are factual issues addressed and what are problems for which Troy claims exist only because of the domination of the white man over the black man.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ways in which Troy's storytelling reveals his ideas about life. In your analysis, include his conversations with and stories about talking with Death, his story about dealing with the devil, and at least one other story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Rose and Troy. In your analysis, include the following topics: Rose's ultimatum to Troy before they married, Troy's treatment of Rose and her treatment of him throughout the play, Rose's reaction to Troy's affair, and ways in which the couple's relationship changes by the end of the play.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)