Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
2. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
3. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
4. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
5. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Rose and Troy. In your analysis, include the following topics: Rose's ultimatum to Troy before they married, Troy's treatment of Rose and her treatment of him throughout the play, Rose's reaction to Troy's affair, and ways in which the couple's relationship changes by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the August Wilson poem, which appears before the play, applies to the play's characters and themes.
"When the sins of our fathers visit us
We do not have to play house.
We can banish them with forgiveness
As God, in His Largeness and his Laws."
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Lyons. How he is related to the other characters in the book? What are his dreams and difficulties? Why might the playwright have included Lyons' character?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)