|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
3. Before Rose can react to Troy's confession about an affair, who interrupts their conversation?
4. When Rose comes out, Gabriel arrives prepared to do what?
5. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the August Wilson poem, which appears before the play, applies to the play's characters and themes.
"When the sins of our fathers visit us
We do not have to play house.
We can banish them with forgiveness
As God, in His Largeness and his Laws."
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Lyons. How he is related to the other characters in the book? What are his dreams and difficulties? Why might the playwright have included Lyons' character?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the relationship between Cory and Troy evolves from the beginning to the end of the play. Include such factors as Cory's early obedience to his father, his growing defiance, and his attitude at the end of the play.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)