|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Blue?
2. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What happened to Troy's mother?
4. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
5. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose say was the reason why Troy never got to play in the major leagues?
2. What has Bono been doing on Friday nights instead of drinking beer with Troy?
3. What story does Troy tell about the time he met the devil?
4. What story does Troy tell about the time he saw Death in person?
5. When Bono arrives at the house, for what reason is it revealed that Bono and Troy haven't seen each other for months?
6. What does Rose say when Troy asks her to take care of the baby?
7. Why does Troy tell Cory that he needs to get a full-time job?
8. When Troy is left alone in the yard, to whom does he speak?
9. What comment do Rose and Bono make about Troy's tall tales?
10. What does Troy say in response to Bono's comment that he's been spending a lot of time with a woman named Alberta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the issue of racial prejudice in the play, both in terms of what are factual issues addressed and what are problems for which Troy claims exist only because of the domination of the white man over the black man.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Rose and Troy. In your analysis, include the following topics: Rose's ultimatum to Troy before they married, Troy's treatment of Rose and her treatment of him throughout the play, Rose's reaction to Troy's affair, and ways in which the couple's relationship changes by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Troy's childhood, explaining what happened to his mother and how his father forced him to leave home. Examine what effect those childhood experiences have on his personality and his actions.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)