Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
2. Where does Cory work?
3. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
4. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
5. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Troy complains that Cory is lazy, how does Rose respond?
2. What does Troy say while complaining about baseball?
3. What does Rose say when Troy asks her to take care of the baby?
4. When Troy and Bono come home after Cory has left for the game, why are they celebrating?
5. Why did Troy go to prison as a young man?
6. Why is Troy upset about the $50 bail needed to get Gabriel out of jail?
7. What does Troy say in response to Bono's comment that he's been spending a lot of time with a woman named Alberta?
8. What story does Troy tell about the time he met the devil?
9. Why does Gabriel say that, although Rose and Troy's names are in Saint Peter's book, his name is not?
10. During their argument about Alberta, Troy grasps Rose's arm; how does Rose get free from Troy's grasp?
Discuss the evolution of Troy and Bono's relationship, explaining how long the two had been friends, how their relationship could be described at the beginning of the play, as well as how and why it changed by the end of the play.
Discuss the specific events which lead to Troy's downfall. Mention each character in the book and how Troy's loss of control is manifested by each.
Explain how the relationship between Cory and Troy evolves from the beginning to the end of the play. Include such factors as Cory's early obedience to his father, his growing defiance, and his attitude at the end of the play.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)