|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
2. What does Rose say in response to Troy's comment that she's supposed to come when she's called?
3. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
4. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
5. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troy say in response to Rose's comment that their son Cory is being scouted by a recruiter?
2. Under what circumstances did Gabriel receive the injury which resulted in a metal plate being placed in his head?
3. Gabriel is no longer living at the boarding house; where has he now been taken?
4. When Bono arrives at the house, for what reason is it revealed that Bono and Troy haven't seen each other for months?
5. What warning does Bono give Troy about Rose?
6. What does Troy say while complaining about baseball?
7. How does Rose respond to Bono when he wonders why he stayed at his lousy first home so long?
8. What does Rose say Raynell brought into her life?
9. For what reason does Troy rightly assume that Lyons has come to see them?
10. Why does Troy tell Cory that he needs to get a full-time job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Rose and Troy. In your analysis, include the following topics: Rose's ultimatum to Troy before they married, Troy's treatment of Rose and her treatment of him throughout the play, Rose's reaction to Troy's affair, and ways in which the couple's relationship changes by the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rose's decision to raise the baby Troy fathered with another woman. In what way is her decision a reflection of her characteristics throughout the play? In what way does her decision change her relationship with Troy? In what way does her decision change her life both positively and negatively?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the specific events which lead to Troy's downfall. Mention each character in the book and how Troy's loss of control is manifested by each.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)