|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
2. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
3. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
4. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
5. After Rose leaves, what information about Cory does Troy reveal to Bono and Lyons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose say Raynell brought into her life?
2. What does Troy say to his baby daughter?
3. When Cory come home after having been gone for years, how is he dressed?
4. Why does Troy say he left home when he was a young man?
5. What does Troy say when Rose wonders who's going to bury Alberta?
6. What comment do Rose and Bono make about Troy's tall tales?
7. Why does Troy tell Cory that he needs to get a full-time job?
8. When Cory comes home from football practice, why is Rose upset with him?
9. What did Troy finish before he died?
10. What outside chore does Troy want Cory to help him with when Cory comes home from football practice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ways in which Troy's storytelling reveals his ideas about life. In your analysis, include his conversations with and stories about talking with Death, his story about dealing with the devil, and at least one other story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Troy's childhood, explaining what happened to his mother and how his father forced him to leave home. Examine what effect those childhood experiences have on his personality and his actions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reason(s) why Cory may have chosen a different path for himself by the end of the play, explaining how it seemed from the beginning of the play that history might be repeating itself in the story of father and son.
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)