|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
2. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
3. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
4. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
5. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Troy's answer to Rose's question about why he won't let Cory play football?
2. What has Bono been doing on Friday nights instead of drinking beer with Troy?
3. What does Rose say was the reason why Troy never got to play in the major leagues?
4. Under what circumstances did Gabriel receive the injury which resulted in a metal plate being placed in his head?
5. When Cory answers a question about school by simply saying "yeah," what does Troy say to Cory?
6. Why did Troy go to prison as a young man?
7. Why does Troy say that he is not planning to give Alberta up?
8. What did Gabriel receive as compensation for his injury?
9. What did Troy finish before he died?
10. Why does Troy feel he is being treated unfairly at work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the specific events which lead to Troy's downfall. Mention each character in the book and how Troy's loss of control is manifested by each.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reason(s) why Cory may have chosen a different path for himself by the end of the play, explaining how it seemed from the beginning of the play that history might be repeating itself in the story of father and son.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Troy's childhood, explaining what happened to his mother and how his father forced him to leave home. Examine what effect those childhood experiences have on his personality and his actions.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)