|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose tell Cory he can't escape?
(a) The part of him that was and will always be Troy.
(b) The fact that he physically resembles his father.
(c) The fact that he hasn't been to see her for years.
(d) Nightmares about his childhood.
2. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
(a) Every night but only long enough to change his clothes.
(b) Just twice.
(c) Once a month to check on Cory.
(d) About once a week to give Rose grocery money.
3. What does Rose ask Troy not to do when Troy comments that Alberta was not alone in the world?
(a) Rose asks Troy to ask for forgiveness.
(b) Rose asks Troy not to push her away.
(c) Rose asks Troy to judge everyone fairly.
(d) Rose asks Troy to forget about Alberta.
4. Before Rose can react to Troy's confession about an affair, who interrupts their conversation?
5. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
(a) That he has turned into a good father.
(b) That he is not the good man she thought he was.
(c) That he's had to put up with a lot in his life.
(d) That he's just a drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Troy been busy at work?
2. What is Cory wearing when he arrives home and meets Raynell for the first time since she was a baby?
3. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
4. Why does Troy say he is not prepared to give up the affair with Alberta?
5. What does Troy say that he can't stand Cory doing?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)