|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose doing when Troy arrives home with his and Alberta's baby?
(a) Sitting on the porch.
(b) Waiting at the fence for Troy.
(c) Working in the garden.
(d) Repairing the fence.
2. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
(a) That the gates of heaven are open.
(b) That he's gotten his revenge.
(c) That Troy is not in heaven.
(d) That life will be better for him now.
3. When Cory comes home while Lyons is visiting, where has he been?
(a) Playing football.
(b) At the movies.
(c) Looking for a job.
4. What does Rose say Troy was doing when he died?
(a) Drinking with Bono.
(b) Driving the garbage truck.
(c) Swinging his baseball bat.
(d) Working on the fence.
5. What is Troy doing with the baby as Rose comes out from the house and listens to him?
(a) Humming an old song about a dog.
(b) Singing a lullaby to the baby.
(c) Telling the baby the history of the family.
(d) Tapping his foot and rocking the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Troy been busy at work?
2. In their conversation alone outside the house, what does Lyons tell Cory that Troy knows?
3. What does Cory say when Troy talks about how much he's given Cory?
4. Why does Cory say he has come home?
5. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)