|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lyons leaves, what does Cory do alone in the yard, not knowing that Troy is watching him?
(a) Kicks a football.
(b) Swings Troy's bat.
(c) Tears down some bushes.
(d) Works on the fence.
2. Which of the following is NOT included in Old Blue's song?
(a) That he treed a possum in Noah's Ark.
(b) That he lived near the river and swam every day.
(c) That his grave was dug with a silver spade.
(d) That he died like a man.
3. Why does Troy say he will take care of the baby?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) Because she is his responsibility.
(c) Because he will get state money.
(d) Because of his love for her mother.
4. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
(a) To step over Troy to get into the house.
(b) To get Troy to give him some money.
(c) To convince Troy to let him go out that night.
(d) To get out of working on the fence.
5. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
2. What does Troy say that he can't stand Cory doing?
3. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, when Rose comes out and asks him to help in the kitchen, what is Cory doing?
5. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)