|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lyons leaves, what does Cory do alone in the yard, not knowing that Troy is watching him?
(a) Swings Troy's bat.
(b) Tears down some bushes.
(c) Kicks a football.
(d) Works on the fence.
2. As Lyons arrives calling for her, Rose comes out to tell him what?
(a) That Troy has been taking good care of Raynell.
(b) To be quiet so he won't wake Raynell.
(c) That he should come into the house when he wants her.
(d) That he should come over more often.
3. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
(a) Once a month to check on Cory.
(b) About once a week to give Rose grocery money.
(c) Just twice.
(d) Every night but only long enough to change his clothes.
4. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
(a) That she's ready to forgive him.
(b) That she wants him to rethink his situation.
(c) That she has come to accept the situation.
(d) That she's had enough.
5. What is Troy doing with the baby as Rose comes out from the house and listens to him?
(a) Tapping his foot and rocking the baby.
(b) Humming an old song about a dog.
(c) Telling the baby the history of the family.
(d) Singing a lullaby to the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of the play, who is NOT there watching Gabriel?
2. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
3. What does Troy say to his daughter?
4. At the beginning of the Act 2, Scene 5, the first time we see Raynell, why is she in the yard when Cory arrives?
5. When Troy yells at Cory to get away from his (Troy's) house, what does Cory respond?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)