|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
(b) She is watering the garden.
(c) She is mowing the lawn.
(d) She is taking clothes off the line.
2. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
(a) That he's not eating right at the boarding house.
(b) That he's been playing the lottery.
(c) That he's begun acting crazy at church.
(d) That he beat up a woman.
3. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
(a) That he quit his job.
(b) That the manager wants to give him a promotion.
(c) That he doesn't want to work part-time.
(d) That the manager gave the job to somebody else.
4. What does Rose comment when Troy says that Gabriel can come and go at the boarding house just as he could at home?
(a) Rose says that Gabriel doesn't understand that.
(b) Rose says that the boarding house is too expensive.
(c) Rose says that it's not the same thing.
(d) Rose says that she agrees with Troy.
5. After Lyons and Bono leave, Cory comes home angry with his father for what?
(a) For telling his mother that he had stolen money from her purse.
(b) For telling his teacher that Cory never did any homework.
(c) For telling his boss that he didn't want Cory to work at the store any more.
(d) For telling the coach that Cory isn't allowed play football any more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
2. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
3. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
4. As Cory runs out of the house, late for a game, what does Rose say to him?
5. What does Troy say about his boss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gabriel receive as compensation for his injury?
2. When Cory answers a question about school by simply saying "yeah," what does Troy say to Cory?
3. What does Troy say about the Negro Leagues in baseball?
4. What does Troy say to his baby daughter?
5. For what reason does Troy rightly assume that Lyons has come to see them?
6. What has Bono been doing on Friday nights instead of drinking beer with Troy?
7. What does Rose say was the reason why Troy never got to play in the major leagues?
8. What does Troy say when Rose wonders who's going to bury Alberta?
9. Why does Cory say he has come home for Troy's funeral?
10. What does Troy say in response to Rose's comment on a neighbor who won some money playing the lottery?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)