|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
(a) He says they should look in on Gabriel more often.
(b) He says that Gabriel is fine and not to worry.
(c) He says that Gabriel has plenty of people looking out for him.
(d) He says that Gabriel likes Rose to feel sorry for him.
2. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
(a) That he quit his job.
(b) That he doesn't want to work part-time.
(c) That the manager gave the job to somebody else.
(d) That the manager wants to give him a promotion.
3. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
(a) To find Troy.
(b) To look for money to give Rose.
(c) To fix a sandwich.
(d) To see if Gabriel has come back.
4. Who does Gabriel think he is?
(a) An angel.
(b) A minister.
(c) The devil.
5. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
(a) He says that that's only one example.
(b) He says that he was a better player than Aaron.
(c) He says that Aaron is a sellout.
(d) He says that Aaron is going to burn out in no time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, what are Troy and Bono celebrating when they come home?
3. What does Troy say about his boss?
4. As Troy complains about how everybody manages his money for him, Gabriel arrives carrying what?
5. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troy say in response to Rose's comment on a neighbor who won some money playing the lottery?
2. What does Rose say Raynell brought into her life?
3. Why does Gabriel say that the bad men arrested him?
4. For what reason does Troy rightly assume that Lyons has come to see them?
5. What does Troy say about the Negro Leagues in baseball?
6. Where is Rose taking Raynell and a cake?
7. What warning does Bono give Troy about Rose?
8. Why is Troy upset about the $50 bail needed to get Gabriel out of jail?
9. During their argument about Alberta, Troy grasps Rose's arm; how does Rose get free from Troy's grasp?
10. After Lyons arrives in Act 1, Scene 4, Gabriel reveals to Rose that he thinks Troy is mad at him for what reason?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)