|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
(a) She says that Bono should try to improve his life.
(b) She says that she hopes to improve her life some day.
(c) She says that some people don't know that improving their lives is possible.
(d) She says that she wishes Cory would look at life's possibilities.
2. What happened to Troy's mother?
(a) She shot Troy's father and was sent to prison.
(b) She went to live with Troy's sister.
(c) She ran off when Troy was eight.
(d) She died when Troy was a baby.
3. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
(c) $10, 000.
4. As Cory runs out of the house, late for a game, what does Rose say to him?
(a) That she hopes he wins.
(b) That she'll make his favorite dinner.
(c) That his room is a mess.
(d) That the recruiter called him again.
5. What does Troy tell Cory in response to his explanation about the football recruiter?
(a) Troy tells Cory he has met the recruiter.
(b) Troy tells Cory to give back the gifts the recruiter gave him.
(c) Troy tells Cory he needs a full-time job.
(d) Troy tells Cory not to trust the recruiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
2. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, what are Troy and Bono celebrating when they come home?
4. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
5. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troy say in response to Rose's comment on a neighbor who won some money playing the lottery?
2. What is Rose's response to Troy's confession about Alberta?
3. What does Troy say in response to Cory's question about why Troy has never liked him?
4. Why is Troy upset about the $50 bail needed to get Gabriel out of jail?
5. How does Rose respond to Bono when he wonders why he stayed at his lousy first home so long?
6. While Troy and Bono are celebrating, for what reason does Lyons come to see Rose and Troy?
7. Why did the hospital call Troy after Alberta's death?
8. Why does Gabriel say that, although Rose and Troy's names are in Saint Peter's book, his name is not?
9. What does Rose say when Troy asks her to take care of the baby?
10. What did Gabriel receive as compensation for his injury?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)