|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
(a) That it was a stupid idea.
(b) That it had better pitchers.
(c) That it was good for blacks.
(d) That he knew everybody in it.
2. What does Bono say about Alberta?
(a) Bono says that he went to grade school with Alberta.
(b) Bono says that Alberta is going to be promoted.
(c) Bono says that he wants to ask Alberta out.
(d) Bono says that Troy has been spending a lot of time with her.
3. What does Troy say about his boss?
(a) That he yells at Troy all the time.
(b) That he's fair.
(c) That he's cheap.
(d) That he doesn't need to know Troy's business.
4. After working silently for a while with Troy, Cory tries to make small talk about baseball and Troy makes which of the following comments?
(a) Troy says that the white men are running the game.
(b) Troy says that there are too many Hispanics playing now.
(c) Troy says that he wants Cory to quit the team.
(d) Troy says that the game isn't what it used to be.
5. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
(a) That he doesn't want to work part-time.
(b) That the manager wants to give him a promotion.
(c) That the manager gave the job to somebody else.
(d) That he quit his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
2. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
3. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
4. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
5. How does Cory respond to his mother as he leaves the house, hurrying because he is late for a game?
Short Essay Questions
1. When he comes home for Troy's funeral, what does Cory find out that Lyons has been doing over the last few years?
2. When Troy is left alone in the yard, to whom does he speak?
3. What does Troy say in response to Bono's comment that he's been spending a lot of time with a woman named Alberta?
4. When Cory answers a question about school by simply saying "yeah," what does Troy say to Cory?
5. What did Troy finish before he died?
6. When Cory come home after having been gone for years, how is he dressed?
7. How does Cory respond when Troy tells him how much he has done for Cory?
8. Why is Troy, many months after revealing his affair, still coming home every night?
9. Why does Troy say that he is not planning to give Alberta up?
10. After Lyons arrives in Act 1, Scene 4, Gabriel reveals to Rose that he thinks Troy is mad at him for what reason?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)