|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(b) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(c) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
(d) Because Cory isn't really talented.
2. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Because he has already died.
(b) Because of his sins.
(c) Because he will never die.
(d) Because he is too young.
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, what are Troy and Bono celebrating when they come home?
(a) Troy has won some money in the lottery.
(b) Troy has been promoted to driver.
(c) Bono is going to become a father.
(d) Troy and Bono both have been given raises.
4. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
(a) Goes into the house.
(b) Leaves for the corner bar.
(c) Sits down on the porch swing.
(d) Puts his arms around Rose.
5. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He takes a long drink of beer.
(b) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(c) He says she should argue that point with their son.
(d) He agrees with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say about a boy who lies to his father?
2. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
3. What happened to Troy's mother?
4. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
5. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Bono been doing on Friday nights instead of drinking beer with Troy?
2. Why does Troy tell Cory that he needs to get a full-time job?
3. Why did the hospital call Troy after Alberta's death?
4. When he comes home for Troy's funeral, what does Cory find out that Lyons has been doing over the last few years?
5. Why is Rose upset with Cory when he leaves for a football game?
6. What is Troy's answer to Rose's question about why he won't let Cory play football?
7. What does Troy say while complaining about baseball?
8. Gabriel is no longer living at the boarding house; where has he now been taken?
9. Why is Troy, many months after revealing his affair, still coming home every night?
10. What does Rose say when Troy asks her to take care of the baby?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)