|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
(a) That Cory should do whatever he wants.
(b) That Troy loves him.
(c) That he's talented at football.
(d) That he did a good job.
2. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
(a) Choosing something to do for which he really wasn't suited.
(b) Frustrated at not being able to have a professional career.
(c) Angry about arguing with a coach every day.
(d) Unhappy with his parents.
3. What does Rose comment when Troy says that Gabriel can come and go at the boarding house just as he could at home?
(a) Rose says that she agrees with Troy.
(b) Rose says that Gabriel doesn't understand that.
(c) Rose says that the boarding house is too expensive.
(d) Rose says that it's not the same thing.
4. What does Troy tell Cory in response to his explanation about the football recruiter?
(a) Troy tells Cory to give back the gifts the recruiter gave him.
(b) Troy tells Cory he needs a full-time job.
(c) Troy tells Cory he has met the recruiter.
(d) Troy tells Cory not to trust the recruiter.
5. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cory work?
2. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
3. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
4. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
5. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Troy's answer to Rose's question about why he won't let Cory play football?
2. What comment do Rose and Bono make about Troy's tall tales?
3. What outside chore does Troy want Cory to help him with when Cory comes home from football practice?
4. While Troy and Bono are celebrating, for what reason does Lyons come to see Rose and Troy?
5. What story does Troy tell about the time he met the devil?
6. Why does Troy say he left home when he was a young man?
7. Why is Troy upset about the $50 bail needed to get Gabriel out of jail?
8. Who does Gabriel think he is?
9. What does Lyons tell Cory when Cory says he can't find a job?
10. Where is Rose taking Raynell and a cake?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)