|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
(a) Troy says that he questions who Cory's real father is.
(b) Troy says that Cory has always been too much trouble.
(c) Troy says that Cory is a responsibility but that Troy doesn't have to like him.
(d) Troy says that Rose never let Troy take part in raising Cory.
2. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because of racial discrimination.
(b) Because of a lack of talent.
(c) Because he was too old.
(d) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
3. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is watering the garden.
(b) She is taking clothes off the line.
(c) She is mowing the lawn.
(d) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
4. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he's not hungry.
(b) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
(c) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
(d) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
5. How does Cory respond to his mother as he leaves the house, hurrying because he is late for a game?
(a) He says that he'll call the recruiter back when he gets home.
(b) He says that he'll be home immediately after the game.
(c) He says that he'll bring chicken home for his mother.
(d) He says that he will clean his room when he gets home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
2. Why does Troy say that he doesn't need a driver's license?
3. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
4. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
5. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gabriel receive as compensation for his injury?
2. Under what circumstances did Gabriel receive the injury which resulted in a metal plate being placed in his head?
3. What does Lyons tell Cory when Cory says he can't find a job?
4. Why does Gabriel say that the bad men arrested him?
5. After Lyons leaves, and Cory is left alone in the yard, what does he do, unaware that Troy is watching him?
6. How does Rose respond to Bono when he wonders why he stayed at his lousy first home so long?
7. What does Troy say in response to Cory's question about why Troy has never liked him?
8. What has Bono been doing on Friday nights instead of drinking beer with Troy?
9. For what reason does Troy rightly assume that Lyons has come to see them?
10. What did Troy finish before he died?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)