|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
(a) She says that she wishes Cory would look at life's possibilities.
(b) She says that some people don't know that improving their lives is possible.
(c) She says that Bono should try to improve his life.
(d) She says that she hopes to improve her life some day.
2. When did Troy say he reformed?
(a) When he heard from his father.
(b) When his son was born.
(c) When he met and married Rose.
(d) When he met Bono in prison.
3. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because of a lack of talent.
(b) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
(c) Because of racial discrimination.
(d) Because he was too old.
4. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
(a) He says the neighbor has been spending money on the lottery for years.
(b) He says the lottery is a waste of money.
(c) He says the neighbor didn't deserve to win.
(d) He says the lottery is going to be stopped.
5. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lyons appears, what makes Troy ask him why he's not in jail?
2. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
3. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
4. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
5. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Cory come home after having been gone for years, how is he dressed?
2. Why did the hospital call Troy after Alberta's death?
3. What does Troy say about the Negro Leagues in baseball?
4. What story does Troy tell about the time he saw Death in person?
5. Under what circumstances did Gabriel receive the injury which resulted in a metal plate being placed in his head?
6. What does Troy say while complaining about baseball?
7. When Cory comes home from football practice, why is Rose upset with him?
8. Why does Troy tell Cory that he needs to get a full-time job?
9. What does Gabriel do at the end of the play?
10. When Troy and Bono come home after Cory has left for the game, why are they celebrating?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)