|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
(a) That he did a good job.
(b) That he's talented at football.
(c) That Troy loves him.
(d) That Cory should do whatever he wants.
2. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he's not hungry.
(b) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
(c) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
(d) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
3. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is taking clothes off the line.
(b) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
(c) She is watering the garden.
(d) She is mowing the lawn.
4. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
(a) Find another job.
(b) Steal anything ever again.
(c) Fail his classes.
(d) Strike out.
5. What does Rose comment when Troy says that Gabriel can come and go at the boarding house just as he could at home?
(a) Rose says that Gabriel doesn't understand that.
(b) Rose says that it's not the same thing.
(c) Rose says that the boarding house is too expensive.
(d) Rose says that she agrees with Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
2. For what crime did Troy serve time in prison?
3. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
4. In response to what Rose tells him to do, what does Troy say he will do when the recruiter comes to the house?
5. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gabriel receive as compensation for his injury?
2. For what reason does Troy rightly assume that Lyons has come to see them?
3. What is Troy's answer to Rose's question about why he won't let Cory play football?
4. Why is Troy, many months after revealing his affair, still coming home every night?
5. What does Troy say while complaining about baseball?
6. What has happened to Gabriel's money after he was moved from the boarding house?
7. Why does Troy say he left home when he was a young man?
8. What reason does Bono give Cory when he asks why Rose wants a fence?
9. What story does Troy tell about the time he met the devil?
10. What does Rose tell Troy he should do when the recruiter comes?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)