|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Because he will never die.
(b) Because he has already died.
(c) Because he is too young.
(d) Because of his sins.
2. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To the store.
(b) To football practice.
(c) To a friend's house.
(d) To help his grandfather.
3. As Cory runs out of the house, late for a game, what does Rose say to him?
(a) That she'll make his favorite dinner.
(b) That his room is a mess.
(c) That the recruiter called him again.
(d) That she hopes he wins.
4. What does Troy remember about his own father?
(a) That he was tough but understanding.
(b) That he didn't like Troy.
(c) That he was selfish and angry at the world.
(d) That he was deaf.
5. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
(a) He says that that's only one example.
(b) He says that Aaron is a sellout.
(c) He says that he was a better player than Aaron.
(d) He says that Aaron is going to burn out in no time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose comment when Troy says that Gabriel can come and go at the boarding house just as he could at home?
2. What is Lyons actually doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
3. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
4. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
5. Who is Blue?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Cory answers a question about school by simply saying "yeah," what does Troy say to Cory?
2. Why is Rose upset with Cory when he leaves for a football game?
3. What does Rose say Raynell brought into her life?
4. How does Cory respond when Troy tells him how much he has done for Cory?
5. Why is Troy, many months after revealing his affair, still coming home every night?
6. What did Gabriel receive as compensation for his injury?
7. When Bono arrives at the house, for what reason is it revealed that Bono and Troy haven't seen each other for months?
8. When Cory comes home from football practice, why is Rose upset with him?
9. Why does Troy say that he is not planning to give Alberta up?
10. When Troy is left alone in the yard, to whom does he speak?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)