|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
(a) Pay off some furniture.
(b) Stay married to Rose.
(c) Keep working at a job he hates.
(d) Go to church every Sunday.
2. What does Rose tell Troy he should do when the football recruiter comes to the house?
(a) He should ask the recruiter how much money is involved.
(b) He should sign the papers.
(c) He should not sign the papers.
(d) He should wait to hear Bono's opinion.
3. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
(b) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
(c) Bono says he's not hungry.
(d) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
4. As Troy complains about how everybody manages his money for him, Gabriel arrives carrying what?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) A bottle of gin.
(c) A rose.
(d) A book.
5. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Rose and Cory's.
(b) Gabriel and Rose's.
(c) Troy and Cory's.
(d) Troy and Rose's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy remember about his own father?
2. For what offense does Troy say his father once almost beat him to death?
3. For what crime did Troy serve time in prison?
4. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
5. When Lyons appears, what makes Troy ask him why he's not in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Troy say that it doesn't matter that he doesn't have a driver's license?
2. Who does Gabriel think he is?
3. What is Troy's answer to Rose's question about why he won't let Cory play football?
4. When Bono arrives at the house, for what reason is it revealed that Bono and Troy haven't seen each other for months?
5. What has happened to Gabriel's money after he was moved from the boarding house?
6. What does Troy remind Rose about Gabriel's compensation?
7. What comment do Rose and Bono make about Troy's tall tales?
8. When Troy complains that Cory is lazy, how does Rose respond?
9. While Troy and Bono are celebrating, for what reason does Lyons come to see Rose and Troy?
10. What story does Troy tell about the time he saw Death in person?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)