Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
(a) They tell Bono about how Rose talked Troy into marrying her.
(b) They tell Bono about the time the kids stole some watermelons.
(c) They tell Bono about the time Rose's mother chased Troy.
(d) They tell Bono how Rose got Troy fired from his job.
2. Where does Cory work?
(a) At the convenience store.
(b) At the football concession stand.
(c) At the car repair shop.
(d) At the supermarket.
3. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
(a) A book.
(b) A tie.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A trumpet.
4. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
(b) Bono says he's not hungry.
(c) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
(d) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
5. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
(a) Troy says that Rose never let Troy take part in raising Cory.
(b) Troy says that he questions who Cory's real father is.
(c) Troy says that Cory has always been too much trouble.
(d) Troy says that Cory is a responsibility but that Troy doesn't have to like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
2. How does Cory respond to his mother as he leaves the house, hurrying because he is late for a game?
3. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
4. What happened to Troy's mother?
5. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Troy complains that Cory is lazy, how does Rose respond?
2. What does Troy say while complaining about baseball?
3. What does Rose say when Troy asks her to take care of the baby?
4. When Troy and Bono come home after Cory has left for the game, why are they celebrating?
5. Why did Troy go to prison as a young man?
6. Why is Troy upset about the $50 bail needed to get Gabriel out of jail?
7. What does Troy say in response to Bono's comment that he's been spending a lot of time with a woman named Alberta?
8. What story does Troy tell about the time he met the devil?
9. Why does Gabriel say that, although Rose and Troy's names are in Saint Peter's book, his name is not?
10. During their argument about Alberta, Troy grasps Rose's arm; how does Rose get free from Troy's grasp?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)