|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
(b) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
(c) Bono says he's not hungry.
(d) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
2. For what offense does Troy say his father once almost beat him to death?
(a) He found Troy with a girl.
(b) He found out Troy was stealing.
(c) He found out Troy had been skipping school.
(d) He caught Troy sneaking out of the house.
3. Why does Troy say that he doesn't need a driver's license?
(a) Because no one he knows has one.
(b) Because he doesn't need any identification.
(c) Because driving is easy.
(d) Because he wouldn't have any use for one.
4. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He did nothing.
(b) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
(c) He hit the co-worker.
(d) He fired the co-worker.
5. What is Lyons actually doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(b) Lyons is going to show he has no money and to ask for more.
(c) Lyons is going to jingle his change to show he's got money in his pocket.
(d) Lyons plans to pay back the $10 he borrowed from Troy earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
3. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
4. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
5. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Troy finish before he died?
2. What comment do Rose and Bono make about Troy's tall tales?
3. When Bono arrives at the house, for what reason is it revealed that Bono and Troy haven't seen each other for months?
4. What does Troy remind Rose about Gabriel's compensation?
5. What does Rose tell Troy he should do when the recruiter comes?
6. When Cory answers a question about school by simply saying "yeah," what does Troy say to Cory?
7. What does Troy say in response to Cory's question about why Troy has never liked him?
8. When Troy is left alone in the yard, to whom does he speak?
9. What warning does Bono give Troy about Rose?
10. Why is Troy upset about the $50 bail needed to get Gabriel out of jail?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)