|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
2. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
(a) Troy and Lyons.
(b) Bono and Troy.
(c) Troy and Gabriel.
(d) Gabriel and Lyons.
3. After Lyons and Bono leave, Cory comes home angry with his father for what?
(a) For telling his boss that he didn't want Cory to work at the store any more.
(b) For telling the coach that Cory isn't allowed play football any more.
(c) For telling his teacher that Cory never did any homework.
(d) For telling his mother that he had stolen money from her purse.
4. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
(a) Not to bother coming because he'll still be making love with Rose.
(b) That Bono should come back on Saturday for dinner.
(c) That Rose will make them both breakfast on Monday morning.
(d) That he plans to confront the boss again on Monday.
5. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
(a) Because Lyons came by and upset him.
(b) Because Rose asked for money.
(c) Because Troy has to repair the car again.
(d) Because Cory went off without doing his chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
2. For what offense does Troy say his father once almost beat him to death?
3. When Lyons appears, what makes Troy ask him why he's not in jail?
4. What does Troy say about his boss?
5. Troy says that all he's got strength to do is __________ (fill in the blank).
Short Essay Questions
1. When Troy and Bono come home after Cory has left for the game, why are they celebrating?
2. When he comes home for Troy's funeral, what does Cory find out that Lyons has been doing over the last few years?
3. What does Troy say when Rose wonders who's going to bury Alberta?
4. What outside chore does Troy want Cory to help him with when Cory comes home from football practice?
5. What has Bono been doing on Friday nights instead of drinking beer with Troy?
6. What does Rose say when Troy asks her to take care of the baby?
7. What story does Troy tell about the time he met the devil?
8. Why does Gabriel say that, although Rose and Troy's names are in Saint Peter's book, his name is not?
9. Where is Rose taking Raynell and a cake?
10. What does Gabriel do at the end of the play?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)