|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After working silently for a while with Troy, Cory tries to make small talk about baseball and Troy makes which of the following comments?
(a) Troy says that the white men are running the game.
(b) Troy says that there are too many Hispanics playing now.
(c) Troy says that the game isn't what it used to be.
(d) Troy says that he wants Cory to quit the team.
2. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
(a) That he's not eating right at the boarding house.
(b) That he's been playing the lottery.
(c) That he's begun acting crazy at church.
(d) That he beat up a woman.
3. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
(a) A book.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A tie.
4. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(b) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
(c) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(d) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
5. What does Troy say about a boy who lies to his father?
(a) He says it's time for that boy to get out.
(b) He says it means trouble for the whole family.
(c) He says it's the father's fault.
(d) He says it's time for more severe punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
2. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
3. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
4. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
5. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Troy rightly assume that Lyons has come to see them?
2. Why did the hospital call Troy after Alberta's death?
3. What does Troy say to his baby daughter?
4. Why does Gabriel say that, although Rose and Troy's names are in Saint Peter's book, his name is not?
5. When Cory answers a question about school by simply saying "yeah," what does Troy say to Cory?
6. Why does Gabriel say that the bad men arrested him?
7. What warning does Bono give Troy about Rose?
8. What story does Troy tell about the time he met the devil?
9. Why is Rose upset with Cory when he leaves for a football game?
10. What does Troy say about the Negro Leagues in baseball?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)