|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
(a) Steal anything ever again.
(b) Strike out.
(c) Find another job.
(d) Fail his classes.
2. Who is Blue?
(a) Troy's co-worker.
(b) The boss.
(c) A dog.
(d) A girl Bono knows.
3. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
(a) That Troy loves him.
(b) That Cory should do whatever he wants.
(c) That he did a good job.
(d) That he's talented at football.
4. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
(a) Cory says that the recruiter says he's the best player he's seen in years.
(b) Cory says that the recruiter had seen Troy play ball.
(c) Cory says that if he's recruited he'll have a chance to go to college.
(d) Cory says that the recruiter has given him some gifts.
5. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
(a) Aunt Jemima.
(b) The angels.
(c) The devil.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
2. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
3. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
4. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
5. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose say was the reason why Troy never got to play in the major leagues?
2. What does Troy say about the Negro Leagues in baseball?
3. What does Troy say in response to Rose's comment on a neighbor who won some money playing the lottery?
4. When Bono arrives at the house, for what reason is it revealed that Bono and Troy haven't seen each other for months?
5. Where is Rose taking Raynell and a cake?
6. What does Rose tell Troy he should do when the recruiter comes?
7. Why is Rose upset with Cory when he leaves for a football game?
8. Why is Troy upset about the $50 bail needed to get Gabriel out of jail?
9. Why did the hospital call Troy after Alberta's death?
10. During their argument about Alberta, Troy grasps Rose's arm; how does Rose get free from Troy's grasp?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)