|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy tell Cory in response to his explanation about the football recruiter?
(a) Troy tells Cory not to trust the recruiter.
(b) Troy tells Cory he needs a full-time job.
(c) Troy tells Cory to give back the gifts the recruiter gave him.
(d) Troy tells Cory he has met the recruiter.
2. What does Bono say about Alberta?
(a) Bono says that Alberta is going to be promoted.
(b) Bono says that he wants to ask Alberta out.
(c) Bono says that Troy has been spending a lot of time with her.
(d) Bono says that he went to grade school with Alberta.
3. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Troy back.
(b) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(c) Troy assumes Lyons is going to ask for money.
(d) Troy assumes Lyons it going to show he has no money to buy them drinks.
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, what are Troy and Bono celebrating when they come home?
(a) Troy has won some money in the lottery.
(b) Troy has been promoted to driver.
(c) Bono is going to become a father.
(d) Troy and Bono both have been given raises.
5. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
(a) The fence.
(b) The garden.
(c) The screen door.
(d) The porch swing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
2. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
3. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
4. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
5. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Troy upset about the $50 bail needed to get Gabriel out of jail?
2. When Troy is left alone in the yard, to whom does he speak?
3. Gabriel is no longer living at the boarding house; where has he now been taken?
4. What does Lyons tell Cory when Cory says he can't find a job?
5. What story does Troy tell about the time he met the devil?
6. Why does Cory say he has come home for Troy's funeral?
7. What is Rose's response to Troy's confession about Alberta?
8. During their argument about Alberta, Troy grasps Rose's arm; how does Rose get free from Troy's grasp?
9. What does Rose say when Troy asks her to take care of the baby?
10. What does Troy say in response to Cory's question about why Troy has never liked him?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)