|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
(a) Frustrated at not being able to have a professional career.
(b) Angry about arguing with a coach every day.
(c) Choosing something to do for which he really wasn't suited.
(d) Unhappy with his parents.
2. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Gabriel and Rose's.
(b) Troy and Rose's.
(c) Rose and Cory's.
(d) Troy and Cory's.
3. How does Cory respond to his mother as he leaves the house, hurrying because he is late for a game?
(a) He says that he'll call the recruiter back when he gets home.
(b) He says that he'll be home immediately after the game.
(c) He says that he will clean his room when he gets home.
(d) He says that he'll bring chicken home for his mother.
4. When Rose tells Troy that Cory is home, what does Troy do?
(a) Troy yells for Cory to come out and talk to him.
(b) Troy yells at Rose for not telling her right away.
(c) Troy punches the house.
(d) Troy tells Rose to keep Cory away from him.
5. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
(a) He says that Aaron is going to burn out in no time.
(b) He says that he was a better player than Aaron.
(c) He says that that's only one example.
(d) He says that Aaron is a sellout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
2. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
3. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
4. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
5. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Troy tell Cory that he needs to get a full-time job?
2. What does Troy say in response to Rose's comment on a neighbor who won some money playing the lottery?
3. What did Troy finish before he died?
4. When Troy and Bono come home after Cory has left for the game, why are they celebrating?
5. Gabriel is no longer living at the boarding house; where has he now been taken?
6. What is Rose's response to Troy's confession about Alberta?
7. What does Lyons tell Cory when Cory says he can't find a job?
8. What outside chore does Troy want Cory to help him with when Cory comes home from football practice?
9. When Troy is left alone in the yard, to whom does he speak?
10. What has Bono been doing on Friday nights instead of drinking beer with Troy?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)