|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy say that he doesn't need a driver's license?
(a) Because he wouldn't have any use for one.
(b) Because driving is easy.
(c) Because he doesn't need any identification.
(d) Because no one he knows has one.
2. When did Troy say he reformed?
(a) When he heard from his father.
(b) When his son was born.
(c) When he met Bono in prison.
(d) When he met and married Rose.
3. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because he was too old.
(b) Because of racial discrimination.
(c) Because of a lack of talent.
(d) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
4. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
(a) Rose tells Troy that he needs to buy some life insurance.
(b) Troy is responding to Bono's request to hear one of Troy's stories.
(c) Troy tells Rose that before long she might be on her own.
(d) Rose tells Troy he's going to drink himself to death.
5. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
(a) The devil.
(b) His mother.
(c) Aunt Jemima.
(d) The angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
2. When Troy says that blacks or Hispanics aren't being allowed to play baseball to their potential, how does Cory respond?
3. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
4. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
5. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troy say while complaining about baseball?
2. During their argument about Alberta, Troy grasps Rose's arm; how does Rose get free from Troy's grasp?
3. When Troy and Bono come home after Cory has left for the game, why are they celebrating?
4. After Bono and Troy's conversation about Alberta, Bono leaves and then Troy confesses what to Rose?
5. What is Rose's response to Troy's confession about Alberta?
6. Gabriel is no longer living at the boarding house; where has he now been taken?
7. Why does Troy feel he is being treated unfairly at work?
8. What does Troy say in response to Cory's question about why Troy has never liked him?
9. Why does Troy tell Cory that he needs to get a full-time job?
10. Why is Troy, many months after revealing his affair, still coming home every night?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)