|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He says she should argue that point with their son.
(c) He takes a long drink of beer.
(d) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
2. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
(a) They tell Bono about the time Rose's mother chased Troy.
(b) They tell Bono about the time the kids stole some watermelons.
(c) They tell Bono about how Rose talked Troy into marrying her.
(d) They tell Bono how Rose got Troy fired from his job.
3. When Lyons appears, what makes Troy ask him why he's not in jail?
(a) Troy is implying that Lyons stole his money,
(b) A club where Lyons plays got raided.
(c) Bono told Troy that three of Lyons' friends were in jail.
(d) Troy often poses this question to Lyons.
4. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
(a) To look for money to give Rose.
(b) To see if Gabriel has come back.
(c) To fix a sandwich.
(d) To find Troy.
5. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
(a) Because Lyons came by and upset him.
(b) Because Rose asked for money.
(c) Because Cory went off without doing his chores.
(d) Because Troy has to repair the car again.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
2. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
3. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
4. What does Troy say about a boy who lies to his father?
5. Who does Gabriel think he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troy say in response to Rose's comment that their son Cory is being scouted by a recruiter?
2. What did Gabriel receive as compensation for his injury?
3. Gabriel is no longer living at the boarding house; where has he now been taken?
4. Why did Troy go to prison as a young man?
5. When Troy complains that Cory is lazy, how does Rose respond?
6. What warning does Bono give Troy about Rose?
7. What does Troy remind Rose about Gabriel's compensation?
8. What does Troy say in response to Cory's question about why Troy has never liked him?
9. Why is Troy upset about the $50 bail needed to get Gabriel out of jail?
10. Why is Rose upset with Cory when he leaves for a football game?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)