|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cory runs out of the house, late for a game, what does Rose say to him?
(a) That the recruiter called him again.
(b) That his room is a mess.
(c) That she hopes he wins.
(d) That she'll make his favorite dinner.
2. When Troy says that blacks or Hispanics aren't being allowed to play baseball to their potential, how does Cory respond?
(a) Cory gives examples of black players who are doing well.
(b) Cory says the blacks are better players than the Hispanics.
(c) Cory agrees with his father.
(d) Cory says the Hispanics are better players than the blacks.
3. In response to what Rose tells him to do, what does Troy say he will do when the recruiter comes to the house?
(a) He says he won't sign the papers.
(b) He says he will not ask the recruiter how much money is involved.
(c) He says he will wait to hear Bono's opinion.
(d) He says he will sign the papers.
4. Who does Gabriel think he is?
(b) A minister.
(c) The devil.
(d) An angel.
5. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She kisses him passionately.
(c) She tells him to wait until later.
(d) She tells him to leave her alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
2. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
3. What does Troy tell Cory in response to his explanation about the football recruiter?
4. After Rose leaves, what information about Cory does Troy reveal to Bono and Lyons?
5. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Bono been doing on Friday nights instead of drinking beer with Troy?
2. When Troy is left alone in the yard, to whom does he speak?
3. Why does Gabriel say that, although Rose and Troy's names are in Saint Peter's book, his name is not?
4. After Lyons arrives in Act 1, Scene 4, Gabriel reveals to Rose that he thinks Troy is mad at him for what reason?
5. While Troy and Bono are celebrating, for what reason does Lyons come to see Rose and Troy?
6. When Bono arrives at the house, for what reason is it revealed that Bono and Troy haven't seen each other for months?
7. What does Troy say in response to Bono's comment that he's been spending a lot of time with a woman named Alberta?
8. Why is Rose upset with Cory when he leaves for a football game?
9. What reason does Bono give Cory when he asks why Rose wants a fence?
10. Why did the hospital call Troy after Alberta's death?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)