|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
(a) Puts his arms around Rose.
(b) Goes into the house.
(c) Sits down on the porch swing.
(d) Leaves for the corner bar.
2. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
3. Why does Gabriel think Troy is mad at him?
(a) Because he has been helping Rose too much.
(b) Because he's been feeding stray dogs.
(c) Because he doesn't earn any money.
(d) Because he went to live in the boarding house.
4. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
(b) It was gambled away.
(c) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
(d) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
5. What does Troy remember about his own father?
(a) That he was tough but understanding.
(b) That he didn't like Troy.
(c) That he was deaf.
(d) That he was selfish and angry at the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
2. What happened to Troy's mother?
3. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
4. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
5. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troy say when Rose wonders who's going to bury Alberta?
2. What does Troy say while complaining about baseball?
3. What comment do Rose and Bono make about Troy's tall tales?
4. What does Rose tell Troy he should do when the recruiter comes?
5. Why does Cory say he has come home for Troy's funeral?
6. What outside chore does Troy want Cory to help him with when Cory comes home from football practice?
7. What does Troy say to his baby daughter?
8. Why does Gabriel say that, although Rose and Troy's names are in Saint Peter's book, his name is not?
9. Why does Troy say he left home when he was a young man?
10. When Cory answers a question about school by simply saying "yeah," what does Troy say to Cory?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)