|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cory runs out of the house, late for a game, what does Rose say to him?
(a) That his room is a mess.
(b) That the recruiter called him again.
(c) That she'll make his favorite dinner.
(d) That she hopes he wins.
2. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
(a) He says he usually eats breakfast with Saint Peter.
(b) He says the ladies of the church see that he's fed.
(c) He says he doesn't eat breakfast.
(d) He says the angels prepare his breakfast.
3. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
(a) Because Cory should learn what it's like to go to work every day.
(b) Because they need Cory to make money to help the family.
(c) Because Rose will be ashamed of Cory if he doesn't.
(d) Because Troy's the boss and what he says goes.
4. Why does Troy say that he doesn't need a driver's license?
(a) Because he wouldn't have any use for one.
(b) Because driving is easy.
(c) Because no one he knows has one.
(d) Because he doesn't need any identification.
5. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To drink beer and talk.
(b) To watch a football game.
(c) To complain to the boss about their pay.
(d) To take their wives to the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
2. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
3. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
4. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
5. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troy say in response to Cory's question about why Troy has never liked him?
2. What does Troy say when Rose wonders who's going to bury Alberta?
3. For what reason does Troy rightly assume that Lyons has come to see them?
4. What outside chore does Troy want Cory to help him with when Cory comes home from football practice?
5. When Cory answers a question about school by simply saying "yeah," what does Troy say to Cory?
6. What does Troy say about the Negro Leagues in baseball?
7. Why does Troy say that he is not planning to give Alberta up?
8. What story does Troy tell about the time he saw Death in person?
9. What does Troy say in response to Rose's comment on a neighbor who won some money playing the lottery?
10. Why does Troy feel he is being treated unfairly at work?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)