|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In their conversation alone outside the house, what does Lyons tell Cory that Troy knows?
(a) The score.
(c) The truth.
2. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
(b) The bank.
3. Why does Troy say he is not prepared to give up the affair with Alberta?
(a) Because Alberta is pregnant.
(b) Because he can handle two women.
(c) Because he's tired of Rose.
(d) Because Alberta makes him feel good.
4. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
5. At the very end of the play, who is NOT there watching Gabriel?
6. When Troy yells at Cory to get away from his (Troy's) house, what does Cory respond?
(a) Cory says that it's not his house at all because it was bought with Gabriel' money.
(b) Cory says that this is just one more time that Troy has told him what to do.
(c) Cory says that he will beat up Troy before he leaves.
(d) Cory says that the house belongs to his mother and she's the only one who can tell him to leave.
7. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
(a) He says he doesn't know.
(b) He tells her not to think about it.
(c) He says Gabriel is her problem.
(d) He says he promised the judge he'd take care of Gabriel.
8. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
(a) That it's felt longer than that to her.
(b) That they have Cory to show for their long relationship.
(c) That she feels angry with him for using the word "stuck."
(d) That she always put her faith in him and their marriage.
9. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
(a) Why Rose wants a fence in the first place.
(b) How long it will take to get the fence finished.
(c) Why he has to help with the fence.
(d) How much money they'll be wasting on the fence.
10. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
(a) About once a week to give Rose grocery money.
(b) Just twice.
(c) Once a month to check on Cory.
(d) Every night but only long enough to change his clothes.
11. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
(a) To go on with his education.
(b) To stay away from Troy.
(c) To get Troy to help him find a job.
(d) To stop working and have some fun.
12. When Raynell comes outside, what does she ask Cory?
(a) If he is going to move in with them.
(b) If he is really her brother.
(c) If he knows the song about Blue the dog.
(d) If he wants to look at some pictures of their father.
13. What is Troy doing with the baby as Rose comes out from the house and listens to him?
(a) Singing a lullaby to the baby.
(b) Telling the baby the history of the family.
(c) Tapping his foot and rocking the baby.
(d) Humming an old song about a dog.
14. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To figure things out.
(b) To decide which woman is more important to him.
(c) To find Bono and ask his advice.
(d) To make some more money.
15. What does Rose tell Cory he can't escape?
(a) The part of him that was and will always be Troy.
(b) The fact that he hasn't been to see her for years.
(c) Nightmares about his childhood.
(d) The fact that he physically resembles his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say Troy was doing when he died?
2. What does Gabriel do when Lyons tries to help him?
3. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, when Rose comes out and asks him to help in the kitchen, what is Cory doing?
5. At the beginning of the Act 2, Scene 5, the first time we see Raynell, why is she in the yard when Cory arrives?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)