|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children has Troy actually fathered?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
(a) To get out of working on the fence.
(b) To step over Troy to get into the house.
(c) To get Troy to give him some money.
(d) To convince Troy to let him go out that night.
3. What does Gabriel do when Lyons tries to help him?
(a) He yells at Lyons.
(b) He embraces Lyons.
(c) He gives Lyons his horn.
(d) He pushes Lyons away.
4. Where does Rose go in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To the grocery store.
(b) To the car repair shop.
(c) To the church bake sale.
(d) To take food to a sick friend.
5. At the beginning of Act 2, when Rose comes out and asks him to help in the kitchen, what is Cory doing?
(a) Shooting baskets.
(b) Swinging Troy's baseball bat.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Washing the car.
6. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
(a) That Troy is not in heaven.
(b) That the gates of heaven are open.
(c) That he's gotten his revenge.
(d) That life will be better for him now.
7. What happens to Alberta?
(a) She is put into a mental institution.
(b) No one knows.
(c) She dies giving birth.
(d) She runs away, leaving the baby in the hospital.
8. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
(a) That she feels angry with him for using the word "stuck."
(b) That they have Cory to show for their long relationship.
(c) That she always put her faith in him and their marriage.
(d) That it's felt longer than that to her.
9. When Troy yells at Cory to get away from his (Troy's) house, what does Cory respond?
(a) Cory says that this is just one more time that Troy has told him what to do.
(b) Cory says that the house belongs to his mother and she's the only one who can tell him to leave.
(c) Cory says that it's not his house at all because it was bought with Gabriel' money.
(d) Cory says that he will beat up Troy before he leaves.
10. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
(a) Once a month to check on Cory.
(b) About once a week to give Rose grocery money.
(c) Just twice.
(d) Every night but only long enough to change his clothes.
11. What does Troy say to Bono about knowing where Troy's responsibilities lay?
(a) He says that acting responsibly towards Cory will only make Cory angry.
(b) He says that his responsibility is to Rose and not Alberta.
(c) He says that his responsibility for Gabriel is complicated.
(d) He says that his responsibility is to not let anyone get hurt.
12. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
(a) Keep him from gambling.
(b) Come up with $50 bail.
(c) Fix things with his boss.
(d) Keep him away from liquor.
13. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
(a) That Cory should watch his back.
(b) That he's just had strike two.
(c) That he's calling a foul.
(d) That Cory couldn't take him on.
14. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
(a) How long it will take to get the fence finished.
(b) Why Rose wants a fence in the first place.
(c) How much money they'll be wasting on the fence.
(d) Why he has to help with the fence.
15. What does Troy say to Bono before he leaves after helping Troy with the fence?
(a) He says he will talk to Bono about his problems later.
(b) He tells Bono about his mother's death.
(c) He tells Bono to leave him alone.
(d) He says he hears what Bono is saying.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the Act 2, Scene 5, the first time we see Raynell, why is she in the yard when Cory arrives?
2. Why has Troy been busy at work?
3. At the end of the play, why does Lyons go into the house?
4. When Cory notices the fence had been built, what does Rose say?
5. After Lyons leaves, what does Cory do alone in the yard, not knowing that Troy is watching him?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)