|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
(a) About wasting too much time on the fence.
(b) About alienating Cory.
(c) About carrying on with two women.
(d) About spending too much money on the fence.
2. In their conversation alone outside the house, what does Lyons tell Cory that Troy knows?
(b) The truth.
(d) The score.
3. Which of the following is NOT included in Old Blue's song?
(a) That he treed a possum in Noah's Ark.
(b) That he died like a man.
(c) That he lived near the river and swam every day.
(d) That his grave was dug with a silver spade.
4. When Lyons arrives in Act 5, what does he tell Cory he's been doing?
(a) He's been traveling.
(b) He's been playing in clubs.
(c) He's been in jail.
(d) He's been working with Troy.
5. What does Troy say to his daughter?
(a) That he won't let anything bad happen to her.
(b) That people can be cruel.
(c) That he's done his best.
(d) That he cares about her.
6. What does Rose ask Troy not to do when Troy comments that Alberta was not alone in the world?
(a) Rose asks Troy to forget about Alberta.
(b) Rose asks Troy not to push her away.
(c) Rose asks Troy to ask for forgiveness.
(d) Rose asks Troy to judge everyone fairly.
7. How many children has Troy actually fathered?
8. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
(a) A song about loss.
(b) A song about love.
(c) A song about traveling the roads.
(d) A song about a dog.
9. Why does Troy say he is not prepared to give up the affair with Alberta?
(a) Because Alberta is pregnant.
(b) Because he's tired of Rose.
(c) Because Alberta makes him feel good.
(d) Because he can handle two women.
10. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
(a) To get out of working on the fence.
(b) To step over Troy to get into the house.
(c) To convince Troy to let him go out that night.
(d) To get Troy to give him some money.
11. What does Rose tell Cory he can't escape?
(a) The part of him that was and will always be Troy.
(b) The fact that he physically resembles his father.
(c) Nightmares about his childhood.
(d) The fact that he hasn't been to see her for years.
12. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
(a) He says that Rose's garden is important to her.
(b) He says that Rose wants to protect them because she loves them.
(c) He says that Rose wants to put up a barrier between them and the neighbors.
(d) He says that Rose is tired of people cutting through her yard.
13. For what reason does Rose tell Raynell to come in and get dressed?
(a) Rose wants to see if Raynell's new dress fits.
(b) They have errands to do.
(c) Rose doesn't want Raynell seen in the yard in her night clothes.
(d) They are going to Troy's funeral.
14. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
15. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
(a) Why Rose wants a fence in the first place.
(b) How much money they'll be wasting on the fence.
(c) Why he has to help with the fence.
(d) How long it will take to get the fence finished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
2. When Cory notices the fence had been built, what does Rose say?
3. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
4. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
5. While Rose is grappling with the news of Troy's affair, what does Gabriel give Rose?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)