|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Rose is grappling with the news of Troy's affair, what does Gabriel give Rose?
(a) Some money.
(b) Some candy.
(c) A flower.
(d) A book.
2. What does Cory say when Troy talks about how much he's given Cory?
(a) Cory says that Troy has never given him anything.
(b) Cory tells Troy all he's ever done is to hold him back.
(c) Cory says that Troy has only done what fathers are supposed to do.
(d) Cory says that he wishes Troy was not his father.
3. When Troy sends Cory in for another saw, what does Troy ask Bono?
(a) He asks Bono to try and talk to Cory about not playing football.
(b) He asks Bono not to tell Cory about Alberta.
(c) He asks Bono to stay around to work on the fence.
(d) He asks what Bono means by talking about Rose the way he did.
4. Which of the following is NOT included in Old Blue's song?
(a) That his grave was dug with a silver spade.
(b) That he lived near the river and swam every day.
(c) That he died like a man.
(d) That he treed a possum in Noah's Ark.
5. What is Troy doing with the baby as Rose comes out from the house and listens to him?
(a) Singing a lullaby to the baby.
(b) Tapping his foot and rocking the baby.
(c) Telling the baby the history of the family.
(d) Humming an old song about a dog.
6. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
7. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
(a) The bank.
8. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
(a) To go on with his education.
(b) To stay away from Troy.
(c) To stop working and have some fun.
(d) To get Troy to help him find a job.
9. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
(a) Once a month to check on Cory.
(b) About once a week to give Rose grocery money.
(c) Just twice.
(d) Every night but only long enough to change his clothes.
10. Bono remarks to Troy that he has noticed that Troy has been spending a lot of time with whom?
11. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
(a) Only a visitor to the house.
(b) A money provider only.
(c) A bad example for Cory.
(d) A womanless man.
12. In their conversation alone outside the house, what does Lyons tell Cory that Troy knows?
(a) The score.
(b) The truth.
13. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
(a) Why he has to help with the fence.
(b) Why Rose wants a fence in the first place.
(c) How much money they'll be wasting on the fence.
(d) How long it will take to get the fence finished.
14. At the end of the play, why does Lyons go into the house?
(a) Rose calls him to come eat breakfast.
(b) He wants to borrow money from Rose.
(c) He's going to take away Troy's things.
(d) He's living in the house now.
15. Why does Troy say he will take care of the baby?
(a) Because of his love for her mother.
(b) Because he will get state money.
(c) Because she is his responsibility.
(d) Because he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
2. What happens to Alberta?
3. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
4. Why does the hospital contact Troy?
5. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)