|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
(a) That the woman is a friend of Rose's.
(b) That he's gotten another woman pregnant.
(c) That he won't give the other woman up.
(d) That it's over.
2. After Rose and Troy discuss Gabriel, what does Troy tell Rose to do?
(a) Give him $50.
(b) Send Cory out.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Get him a drink.
3. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
(a) Keep him from gambling.
(b) Keep him away from liquor.
(c) Come up with $50 bail.
(d) Fix things with his boss.
4. Why does Troy say he will take care of the baby?
(a) Because of his love for her mother.
(b) Because he will get state money.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because she is his responsibility.
5. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Play in the World Series.
(b) Steal second.
(c) Hit a ball out of the park.
(d) Hit a home run.
6. What does Troy say after Cory says he's leaving and tells Rose he'll be back for his things later?
(a) He calls after him to come when Troy's not home.
(b) He says he should have made the decision long before.
(c) He shouts, "Hallelujah!"
(d) He yells, "Good riddance to bad rubbish!"
7. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
(a) A bad example for Cory.
(b) A womanless man.
(c) A money provider only.
(d) Only a visitor to the house.
8. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
(a) The fence.
(b) His relationship with Alberta.
(c) His relationship with Rose.
(d) His job.
9. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
(a) That he's just a drunk.
(b) That he is not the good man she thought he was.
(c) That he has turned into a good father.
(d) That he's had to put up with a lot in his life.
10. Why has Troy been busy at work?
(a) His boss is pushing him.
(b) He's driving a different route every week.
(c) He is working overtime.
(d) He's doing his job and Bono's too.
11. When Troy yells at Cory to get away from his (Troy's) house, what does Cory respond?
(a) Cory says that the house belongs to his mother and she's the only one who can tell him to leave.
(b) Cory says that he will beat up Troy before he leaves.
(c) Cory says that it's not his house at all because it was bought with Gabriel' money.
(d) Cory says that this is just one more time that Troy has told him what to do.
12. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
13. Where does Rose go in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To the church bake sale.
(b) To take food to a sick friend.
(c) To the car repair shop.
(d) To the grocery store.
14. What does Troy say that he can't stand Cory doing?
(a) Stepping over him.
(b) Going out at night until all hours.
(c) Trying to get out of work.
(d) Asking Troy for money.
15. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabriel do when Lyons tries to help him?
2. What is Cory wearing when he arrives home and meets Raynell for the first time since she was a baby?
3. When Raynell comes outside, what does she ask Cory?
4. How many children has Troy actually fathered?
5. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)