|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
(a) He says that Rose's garden is important to her.
(b) He says that Rose wants to put up a barrier between them and the neighbors.
(c) He says that Rose is tired of people cutting through her yard.
(d) He says that Rose wants to protect them because she loves them.
2. In their conversation alone outside the house, what does Lyons tell Cory that Troy knows?
(b) The truth.
(d) The score.
3. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Hit a home run.
(b) Play in the World Series.
(c) Hit a ball out of the park.
(d) Steal second.
4. After Rose and Troy discuss Gabriel, what does Troy tell Rose to do?
(a) Get him a drink.
(b) Give him $50.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Send Cory out.
5. What does Troy say to Bono about knowing where Troy's responsibilities lay?
(a) He says that his responsibility is to not let anyone get hurt.
(b) He says that acting responsibly towards Cory will only make Cory angry.
(c) He says that his responsibility is to Rose and not Alberta.
(d) He says that his responsibility for Gabriel is complicated.
6. What does Cory say when Troy talks about how much he's given Cory?
(a) Cory says that Troy has never given him anything.
(b) Cory says that Troy has only done what fathers are supposed to do.
(c) Cory says that he wishes Troy was not his father.
(d) Cory tells Troy all he's ever done is to hold him back.
7. What does Rose say Troy was doing when he died?
(a) Driving the garbage truck.
(b) Swinging his baseball bat.
(c) Working on the fence.
(d) Drinking with Bono.
8. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
9. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
(a) His job.
(b) The fence.
(c) His relationship with Rose.
(d) His relationship with Alberta.
10. Why does Troy say he is not prepared to give up the affair with Alberta?
(a) Because Alberta makes him feel good.
(b) Because he's tired of Rose.
(c) Because he can handle two women.
(d) Because Alberta is pregnant.
11. Before Rose can react to Troy's confession about an affair, who interrupts their conversation?
12. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
(a) To convince Troy to let him go out that night.
(b) To get Troy to give him some money.
(c) To get out of working on the fence.
(d) To step over Troy to get into the house.
13. What does Gabriel do when Lyons tries to help him?
(a) He yells at Lyons.
(b) He pushes Lyons away.
(c) He embraces Lyons.
(d) He gives Lyons his horn.
14. Why has Troy been busy at work?
(a) His boss is pushing him.
(b) He's driving a different route every week.
(c) He is working overtime.
(d) He's doing his job and Bono's too.
15. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
(d) Troy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
2. What argument does Troy use to talk Rose into taking care of the baby?
3. Why does Troy say he will take care of the baby?
4. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
5. For what reason does Rose tell Raynell to come in and get dressed?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)