|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the Act 2, Scene 5, the first time we see Raynell, why is she in the yard when Cory arrives?
(a) She wants to swing on the porch swing.
(b) She is waiting for Cory.
(c) She is feeding a puppy.
(d) She wants to see how her garden is growing.
2. What does Rose say Troy was doing when he died?
(a) Swinging his baseball bat.
(b) Working on the fence.
(c) Drinking with Bono.
(d) Driving the garbage truck.
3. When Raynell comes outside, what does she ask Cory?
(a) If he knows the song about Blue the dog.
(b) If he is going to move in with them.
(c) If he is really her brother.
(d) If he wants to look at some pictures of their father.
4. At the beginning of Act 2, when Rose comes out and asks him to help in the kitchen, what is Cory doing?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Swinging Troy's baseball bat.
(c) Shooting baskets.
(d) Washing the car.
5. For what reason does Rose tell Raynell to come in and get dressed?
(a) They have errands to do.
(b) Rose wants to see if Raynell's new dress fits.
(c) They are going to Troy's funeral.
(d) Rose doesn't want Raynell seen in the yard in her night clothes.
6. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
(a) How much money they'll be wasting on the fence.
(b) How long it will take to get the fence finished.
(c) Why Rose wants a fence in the first place.
(d) Why he has to help with the fence.
7. Why does Troy say he is not prepared to give up the affair with Alberta?
(a) Because he can handle two women.
(b) Because he's tired of Rose.
(c) Because Alberta makes him feel good.
(d) Because Alberta is pregnant.
8. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
(a) That Cory couldn't take him on.
(b) That Cory should watch his back.
(c) That he's just had strike two.
(d) That he's calling a foul.
9. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
(a) Once a month to check on Cory.
(b) Just twice.
(c) Every night but only long enough to change his clothes.
(d) About once a week to give Rose grocery money.
10. While Rose is grappling with the news of Troy's affair, what does Gabriel give Rose?
(a) Some money.
(b) A flower.
(c) A book.
(d) Some candy.
11. Why does Cory say he has come home?
(a) To help with his Uncle Gabriel.
(b) To help arrange the funeral.
(c) To see Raynell.
(d) To get clear from his father completely.
12. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
(a) That he's had to put up with a lot in his life.
(b) That he has turned into a good father.
(c) That he is not the good man she thought he was.
(d) That he's just a drunk.
13. What does Rose tell Cory he can't escape?
(a) The part of him that was and will always be Troy.
(b) The fact that he hasn't been to see her for years.
(c) The fact that he physically resembles his father.
(d) Nightmares about his childhood.
14. How long has it been since Bono has been by to see Troy?
(a) Several months.
(b) A week.
(c) Two days.
(d) A year.
15. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
(a) That she wants him to rethink his situation.
(b) That she's ready to forgive him.
(c) That she's had enough.
(d) That she has come to accept the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Troy yells at Cory to get away from his (Troy's) house, what does Cory respond?
2. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
3. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
4. When Troy sends Cory in for another saw, what does Troy ask Bono?
5. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)