|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Troy sends Cory in for another saw, what does Troy ask Bono?
(a) He asks what Bono means by talking about Rose the way he did.
(b) He asks Bono not to tell Cory about Alberta.
(c) He asks Bono to try and talk to Cory about not playing football.
(d) He asks Bono to stay around to work on the fence.
2. What does Rose ask Troy not to do when Troy comments that Alberta was not alone in the world?
(a) Rose asks Troy to forget about Alberta.
(b) Rose asks Troy to judge everyone fairly.
(c) Rose asks Troy not to push her away.
(d) Rose asks Troy to ask for forgiveness.
3. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
(a) To stay away from Troy.
(b) To get Troy to help him find a job.
(c) To go on with his education.
(d) To stop working and have some fun.
4. What does Troy say to Bono about knowing where Troy's responsibilities lay?
(a) He says that his responsibility for Gabriel is complicated.
(b) He says that his responsibility is to not let anyone get hurt.
(c) He says that acting responsibly towards Cory will only make Cory angry.
(d) He says that his responsibility is to Rose and not Alberta.
5. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To figure things out.
(b) To decide which woman is more important to him.
(c) To make some more money.
(d) To find Bono and ask his advice.
6. What does Cory say when Troy talks about how much he's given Cory?
(a) Cory says that Troy has never given him anything.
(b) Cory says that he wishes Troy was not his father.
(c) Cory says that Troy has only done what fathers are supposed to do.
(d) Cory tells Troy all he's ever done is to hold him back.
7. When Troy yells at Cory to get away from his (Troy's) house, what does Cory respond?
(a) Cory says that it's not his house at all because it was bought with Gabriel' money.
(b) Cory says that this is just one more time that Troy has told him what to do.
(c) Cory says that he will beat up Troy before he leaves.
(d) Cory says that the house belongs to his mother and she's the only one who can tell him to leave.
8. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
(a) About carrying on with two women.
(b) About alienating Cory.
(c) About wasting too much time on the fence.
(d) About spending too much money on the fence.
9. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
(a) He says he doesn't know.
(b) He says he promised the judge he'd take care of Gabriel.
(c) He tells her not to think about it.
(d) He says Gabriel is her problem.
10. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
11. What does Troy say that he can't stand Cory doing?
(a) Trying to get out of work.
(b) Asking Troy for money.
(c) Stepping over him.
(d) Going out at night until all hours.
12. When Lyons arrives in Act 5, what does he tell Cory he's been doing?
(a) He's been traveling.
(b) He's been working with Troy.
(c) He's been playing in clubs.
(d) He's been in jail.
13. Why has Troy been busy at work?
(a) He's driving a different route every week.
(b) He is working overtime.
(c) His boss is pushing him.
(d) He's doing his job and Bono's too.
14. Troy stops the conversation with Rose about his affair by saying he is going ________ (fill in the blank).
(a) To the bar.
(b) To see Bono.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To Alberta's house.
15. What does Rose say Troy was doing when he died?
(a) Drinking with Bono.
(b) Working on the fence.
(c) Driving the garbage truck.
(d) Swinging his baseball bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
2. When Cory comes out and tries to free Rose from Troy's grip, what does Troy do?
3. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
4. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
5. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)