|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
(a) About spending too much money on the fence.
(b) About carrying on with two women.
(c) About alienating Cory.
(d) About wasting too much time on the fence.
2. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
(a) He says he promised the judge he'd take care of Gabriel.
(b) He says he doesn't know.
(c) He says Gabriel is her problem.
(d) He tells her not to think about it.
3. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
(a) He says he's doing the best he can.
(b) He says he is in love with Alberta.
(c) He says he doesn't care what Rose thinks.
(d) He says Rose doesn't know how good she has it.
4. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
(a) He says that Rose is tired of people cutting through her yard.
(b) He says that Rose wants to protect them because she loves them.
(c) He says that Rose wants to put up a barrier between them and the neighbors.
(d) He says that Rose's garden is important to her.
5. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
6. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
7. When Troy yells at Cory to get away from his (Troy's) house, what does Cory respond?
(a) Cory says that it's not his house at all because it was bought with Gabriel' money.
(b) Cory says that this is just one more time that Troy has told him what to do.
(c) Cory says that he will beat up Troy before he leaves.
(d) Cory says that the house belongs to his mother and she's the only one who can tell him to leave.
8. What does Troy say to Bono before he leaves after helping Troy with the fence?
(a) He says he will talk to Bono about his problems later.
(b) He tells Bono about his mother's death.
(c) He says he hears what Bono is saying.
(d) He tells Bono to leave him alone.
9. Which of the following is NOT included in Old Blue's song?
(a) That his grave was dug with a silver spade.
(b) That he lived near the river and swam every day.
(c) That he treed a possum in Noah's Ark.
(d) That he died like a man.
10. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
(a) A song about loss.
(b) A song about a dog.
(c) A song about traveling the roads.
(d) A song about love.
11. When Troy sends Cory in for another saw, what does Troy ask Bono?
(a) He asks Bono to stay around to work on the fence.
(b) He asks Bono not to tell Cory about Alberta.
(c) He asks Bono to try and talk to Cory about not playing football.
(d) He asks what Bono means by talking about Rose the way he did.
12. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To decide which woman is more important to him.
(b) To figure things out.
(c) To find Bono and ask his advice.
(d) To make some more money.
13. At the very end of the play, who is NOT there watching Gabriel?
14. What does Troy say to Bono about knowing where Troy's responsibilities lay?
(a) He says that his responsibility is to not let anyone get hurt.
(b) He says that acting responsibly towards Cory will only make Cory angry.
(c) He says that his responsibility is to Rose and not Alberta.
(d) He says that his responsibility for Gabriel is complicated.
15. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the hospital contact Troy?
2. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
3. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
4. Bono remarks to Troy that he has noticed that Troy has been spending a lot of time with whom?
5. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)