|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
(a) To go on with his education.
(b) To stop working and have some fun.
(c) To stay away from Troy.
(d) To get Troy to help him find a job.
2. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
3. When Troy yells at Cory to get away from his (Troy's) house, what does Cory respond?
(a) Cory says that it's not his house at all because it was bought with Gabriel' money.
(b) Cory says that this is just one more time that Troy has told him what to do.
(c) Cory says that he will beat up Troy before he leaves.
(d) Cory says that the house belongs to his mother and she's the only one who can tell him to leave.
4. Once Rose and Troy are alone, what does Rose say about Troy's affair?
(a) Rose says that she thought Bono had been dropping hints about the affair.
(b) Rose says she can't believe he's having an affair with her friend.
(c) Rose says she's been a good woman and a good wife to Troy.
(d) Rose says Cory will be disappointed in him.
5. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
(a) That it's over.
(b) That the woman is a friend of Rose's.
(c) That he's gotten another woman pregnant.
(d) That he won't give the other woman up.
6. Troy stops the conversation with Rose about his affair by saying he is going ________ (fill in the blank).
(a) To Alberta's house.
(b) To see Bono.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the bar.
7. In their conversation alone outside the house, what does Lyons tell Cory that Troy knows?
(a) The truth.
(d) The score.
8. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The game.
(b) The bar.
(c) The police station.
(d) Their job.
9. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
10. At the end of the play, why does Lyons go into the house?
(a) Rose calls him to come eat breakfast.
(b) He's living in the house now.
(c) He wants to borrow money from Rose.
(d) He's going to take away Troy's things.
11. How many children has Troy actually fathered?
12. After Troy reveals his affair, what does Rose tell Troy about her dreams?
(a) She says that she learned a long time ago that dreams don't come true.
(b) She says that she is frustrated at having to let her dreams go.
(c) She says that her dreams are different now than when they first married.
(d) She says that she still dreams of a great future for them.
13. What does Rose tell Cory he can't escape?
(a) The fact that he hasn't been to see her for years.
(b) Nightmares about his childhood.
(c) The fact that he physically resembles his father.
(d) The part of him that was and will always be Troy.
14. Where does Rose go in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To the church bake sale.
(b) To the grocery store.
(c) To take food to a sick friend.
(d) To the car repair shop.
15. What does Gabriel do when he realizes there is no sound coming from his horn?
(a) He embraces Rose.
(b) He begins crying.
(c) He falls to the gound.
(d) He begins to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raynell comes outside, what does she ask Cory?
2. At the very end of the play, who is NOT there watching Gabriel?
3. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
4. As Troy sings, Bono stops by on his way _______ (fill in the blank).
5. What does Lyons tell Cory that Troy always said about trouble?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)