|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cory comes out and tries to free Rose from Troy's grip, what does Troy do?
(a) He punches Cory.
(b) He throws Rose to the ground.
(c) He yells for Gabriel to come outside.
(d) He lets Rose go.
2. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
(a) That she feels angry with him for using the word "stuck."
(b) That it's felt longer than that to her.
(c) That they have Cory to show for their long relationship.
(d) That she always put her faith in him and their marriage.
3. Bono remarks to Troy that he has noticed that Troy has been spending a lot of time with whom?
4. How long has it been since Bono has been by to see Troy?
(a) Several months.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) A year.
5. What is Rose doing when Troy arrives home with his and Alberta's baby?
(a) Waiting at the fence for Troy.
(b) Working in the garden.
(c) Sitting on the porch.
(d) Repairing the fence.
6. As Troy sings, Bono stops by on his way _______ (fill in the blank).
(a) To meet a woman.
(b) To the bar.
(c) To buy groceries.
(d) To a domino game.
7. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
(b) The bank.
8. What does Gabriel do when he realizes there is no sound coming from his horn?
(a) He begins to dance.
(b) He falls to the gound.
(c) He embraces Rose.
(d) He begins crying.
9. Why does Cory say he has come home?
(a) To see Raynell.
(b) To help arrange the funeral.
(c) To help with his Uncle Gabriel.
(d) To get clear from his father completely.
10. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
(a) To get Troy to give him some money.
(b) To convince Troy to let him go out that night.
(c) To get out of working on the fence.
(d) To step over Troy to get into the house.
11. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Hit a home run.
(b) Play in the World Series.
(c) Steal second.
(d) Hit a ball out of the park.
12. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
(a) Troy's father.
13. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To figure things out.
(b) To make some more money.
(c) To find Bono and ask his advice.
(d) To decide which woman is more important to him.
14. What has Lyons come to the house for in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To help Troy with the fence.
(b) To repay the $20 he borrowed.
(c) To see Raynell.
(d) To ask Cory to go to the movies.
15. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
(a) Only a visitor to the house.
(b) A womanless man.
(c) A bad example for Cory.
(d) A money provider only.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
2. At the beginning of the Act 2, Scene 5, the first time we see Raynell, why is she in the yard when Cory arrives?
3. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
4. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
5. What does Rose say Raynell brought into her life?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)