|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
2. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
(a) That the gates of heaven are open.
(b) That life will be better for him now.
(c) That he's gotten his revenge.
(d) That Troy is not in heaven.
3. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
4. As Troy sings, Bono stops by on his way _______ (fill in the blank).
(a) To buy groceries.
(b) To a domino game.
(c) To the bar.
(d) To meet a woman.
5. In their conversation alone outside the house, what does Lyons tell Cory that Troy knows?
(c) The truth.
(d) The score.
6. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
(a) A song about love.
(b) A song about a dog.
(c) A song about traveling the roads.
(d) A song about loss.
7. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
(a) The fence.
(b) His job.
(c) His relationship with Rose.
(d) His relationship with Alberta.
8. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
(a) That Cory couldn't take him on.
(b) That he's just had strike two.
(c) That he's calling a foul.
(d) That Cory should watch his back.
9. What does Rose say that angers Troy so much that he grabs her arm when she starts to go in the house?
(a) Rose says that Troy can just go ahead and live with Alberta.
(b) Rose says she's going to tell Cory the truth.
(c) Rose says that she is going to leave Troy.
(d) Rose says Troy is a taker not a giver.
10. Once Rose and Troy are alone, what does Rose say about Troy's affair?
(a) Rose says she's been a good woman and a good wife to Troy.
(b) Rose says Cory will be disappointed in him.
(c) Rose says that she thought Bono had been dropping hints about the affair.
(d) Rose says she can't believe he's having an affair with her friend.
11. As Lyons arrives calling for her, Rose comes out to tell him what?
(a) That he should come over more often.
(b) That he should come into the house when he wants her.
(c) That Troy has been taking good care of Raynell.
(d) To be quiet so he won't wake Raynell.
12. While Rose is grappling with the news of Troy's affair, what does Gabriel give Rose?
(a) A book.
(b) Some candy.
(c) A flower.
(d) Some money.
13. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
(d) Troy's father.
14. What does Troy say to his daughter?
(a) That people can be cruel.
(b) That he won't let anything bad happen to her.
(c) That he cares about her.
(d) That he's done his best.
15. What happens to Alberta?
(a) She dies giving birth.
(b) She runs away, leaving the baby in the hospital.
(c) No one knows.
(d) She is put into a mental institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
2. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
3. When Cory notices the fence had been built, what does Rose say?
4. When Troy goes towards Cory to hit him, how does Cory defend himself?
5. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)