|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
(a) A song about a dog.
(b) A song about loss.
(c) A song about traveling the roads.
(d) A song about love.
2. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
(a) The fence.
(b) His job.
(c) His relationship with Alberta.
(d) His relationship with Rose.
3. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
(a) That it's over.
(b) That he's gotten another woman pregnant.
(c) That he won't give the other woman up.
(d) That the woman is a friend of Rose's.
4. What does Cory say when Troy talks about how much he's given Cory?
(a) Cory says that Troy has never given him anything.
(b) Cory tells Troy all he's ever done is to hold him back.
(c) Cory says that Troy has only done what fathers are supposed to do.
(d) Cory says that he wishes Troy was not his father.
5. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Play in the World Series.
(b) Hit a ball out of the park.
(c) Hit a home run.
(d) Steal second.
6. Gabriel had been living at the boarding house, but during Rose and Troy's conversation, it is revealed that Gabriel is now living where?
(a) At the boarding house.
(b) In an asylum.
(c) At the bar.
(d) In the hospital.
7. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
(d) Troy's father.
8. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
9. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
(a) Just twice.
(b) Once a month to check on Cory.
(c) About once a week to give Rose grocery money.
(d) Every night but only long enough to change his clothes.
10. What does Troy say to Bono about knowing where Troy's responsibilities lay?
(a) He says that his responsibility is to not let anyone get hurt.
(b) He says that his responsibility for Gabriel is complicated.
(c) He says that acting responsibly towards Cory will only make Cory angry.
(d) He says that his responsibility is to Rose and not Alberta.
11. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To find Bono and ask his advice.
(b) To decide which woman is more important to him.
(c) To make some more money.
(d) To figure things out.
12. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
(a) Why Rose wants a fence in the first place.
(b) How long it will take to get the fence finished.
(c) Why he has to help with the fence.
(d) How much money they'll be wasting on the fence.
13. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
(a) To go on with his education.
(b) To stay away from Troy.
(c) To stop working and have some fun.
(d) To get Troy to help him find a job.
14. When Rose comes out, Gabriel arrives prepared to do what?
(a) Tear down the fence he's always hated.
(b) Play his horn loudly at Troy's funeral.
(c) Move back into the house that actually belongs to him.
(d) Blow the gates of heaven open for Troy.
15. Why does the hospital contact Troy?
(a) To give blood.
(b) To sign the papers for Alberta to be put in the mental institution.
(c) To file a missing persons report.
(d) To pick up his and Alberta's baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
2. Before Rose can react to Troy's confession about an affair, who interrupts their conversation?
3. What has Lyons come to the house for in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
5. After Troy reveals his affair, what does Rose tell Troy about her dreams?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)