|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
(a) Only a visitor to the house.
(b) A bad example for Cory.
(c) A womanless man.
(d) A money provider only.
2. As Troy sings, Bono stops by on his way _______ (fill in the blank).
(a) To a domino game.
(b) To the bar.
(c) To meet a woman.
(d) To buy groceries.
3. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
(c) The bank.
4. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
5. Troy stops the conversation with Rose about his affair by saying he is going ________ (fill in the blank).
(a) To Alberta's house.
(b) To see Bono.
(c) To the bar.
(d) To the hospital.
6. What does Gabriel do when Lyons tries to help him?
(a) He embraces Lyons.
(b) He gives Lyons his horn.
(c) He yells at Lyons.
(d) He pushes Lyons away.
7. Why does Troy say he is not prepared to give up the affair with Alberta?
(a) Because he can handle two women.
(b) Because Alberta makes him feel good.
(c) Because Alberta is pregnant.
(d) Because he's tired of Rose.
8. Before Rose can react to Troy's confession about an affair, who interrupts their conversation?
9. After Rose and Troy discuss Gabriel, what does Troy tell Rose to do?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Give him $50.
(c) Send Cory out.
(d) Get him a drink.
10. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
(a) That it's over.
(b) That he's gotten another woman pregnant.
(c) That the woman is a friend of Rose's.
(d) That he won't give the other woman up.
11. Why does the hospital contact Troy?
(a) To pick up his and Alberta's baby.
(b) To file a missing persons report.
(c) To give blood.
(d) To sign the papers for Alberta to be put in the mental institution.
12. At the end of the play, why does Lyons go into the house?
(a) He's living in the house now.
(b) Rose calls him to come eat breakfast.
(c) He wants to borrow money from Rose.
(d) He's going to take away Troy's things.
13. When Cory notices the fence had been built, what does Rose say?
(a) That Bono finished it because he knew it was important to her.
(b) That Troy finished it to keep Raynell in when she was young.
(c) That she paid to have it done because she couldn't stand seeing it half-finished.
(d) That she finished it herself with a little help from Gabriel.
14. After Lyons leaves, what does Cory do alone in the yard, not knowing that Troy is watching him?
(a) Kicks a football.
(b) Tears down some bushes.
(c) Swings Troy's bat.
(d) Works on the fence.
15. How long has it been since Bono has been by to see Troy?
(a) A week.
(b) Several months.
(c) A year.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lyons arrives calling for her, Rose comes out to tell him what?
2. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
3. When Cory comes home while Lyons is visiting, where has he been?
4. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What is Troy doing with the baby as Rose comes out from the house and listens to him?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)