|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children has Troy actually fathered?
2. Why does Cory say he has come home?
(a) To see Raynell.
(b) To help with his Uncle Gabriel.
(c) To help arrange the funeral.
(d) To get clear from his father completely.
3. When Raynell comes outside, what does she ask Cory?
(a) If he knows the song about Blue the dog.
(b) If he is really her brother.
(c) If he wants to look at some pictures of their father.
(d) If he is going to move in with them.
4. Why has Troy been busy at work?
(a) He's doing his job and Bono's too.
(b) He's driving a different route every week.
(c) His boss is pushing him.
(d) He is working overtime.
5. After Rose and Troy discuss Gabriel, what does Troy tell Rose to do?
(a) Get him a drink.
(b) Give him $50.
(c) Send Cory out.
(d) Make dinner.
6. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To decide which woman is more important to him.
(b) To make some more money.
(c) To find Bono and ask his advice.
(d) To figure things out.
7. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
(a) To stop working and have some fun.
(b) To get Troy to help him find a job.
(c) To stay away from Troy.
(d) To go on with his education.
8. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
(a) He says he is in love with Alberta.
(b) He says Rose doesn't know how good she has it.
(c) He says he's doing the best he can.
(d) He says he doesn't care what Rose thinks.
9. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
(d) Troy's father.
10. At the beginning of Act 2, when Rose comes out and asks him to help in the kitchen, what is Cory doing?
(a) Shooting baskets.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Swinging Troy's baseball bat.
(d) Washing the car.
11. How long has it been since Bono has been by to see Troy?
(a) A week.
(b) Two days.
(c) A year.
(d) Several months.
12. Before Rose can react to Troy's confession about an affair, who interrupts their conversation?
13. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
(a) That he's gotten another woman pregnant.
(b) That it's over.
(c) That he won't give the other woman up.
(d) That the woman is a friend of Rose's.
14. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Play in the World Series.
(b) Hit a ball out of the park.
(c) Hit a home run.
(d) Steal second.
15. What does Gabriel do when he realizes there is no sound coming from his horn?
(a) He embraces Rose.
(b) He begins to dance.
(c) He falls to the gound.
(d) He begins crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
2. What does Troy say after Cory says he's leaving and tells Rose he'll be back for his things later?
3. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
4. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
5. At the beginning of the Act 2, Scene 5, the first time we see Raynell, why is she in the yard when Cory arrives?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)