|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
(a) A money provider only.
(b) Only a visitor to the house.
(c) A womanless man.
(d) A bad example for Cory.
2. What is Cory wearing when he arrives home and meets Raynell for the first time since she was a baby?
(a) Troy's old suit.
(b) A marine sergeant's uniform.
(c) The clothes he wears to collect garbage.
(d) A track suit.
3. Where does Rose go in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To take food to a sick friend.
(b) To the grocery store.
(c) To the car repair shop.
(d) To the church bake sale.
4. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
5. When Cory comes home while Lyons is visiting, where has he been?
(a) Looking for a job.
(b) At the movies.
(d) Playing football.
6. At the beginning of the Act 2, Scene 5, the first time we see Raynell, why is she in the yard when Cory arrives?
(a) She is feeding a puppy.
(b) She wants to swing on the porch swing.
(c) She is waiting for Cory.
(d) She wants to see how her garden is growing.
7. Bono remarks to Troy that he has noticed that Troy has been spending a lot of time with whom?
8. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
(a) Once a month to check on Cory.
(b) Every night but only long enough to change his clothes.
(c) About once a week to give Rose grocery money.
(d) Just twice.
9. What does Troy say to Bono before he leaves after helping Troy with the fence?
(a) He says he hears what Bono is saying.
(b) He tells Bono about his mother's death.
(c) He says he will talk to Bono about his problems later.
(d) He tells Bono to leave him alone.
10. At the very end of the play, who is NOT there watching Gabriel?
11. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
(a) That Cory couldn't take him on.
(b) That he's calling a foul.
(c) That Cory should watch his back.
(d) That he's just had strike two.
12. What is Rose's reaction when Troy asks her to help take care of Alberta's baby?
(a) She tells him to go away.
(b) She walks outside the fence.
(c) She goes inside.
(d) She slaps Troy.
13. Why has Troy been busy at work?
(a) He's doing his job and Bono's too.
(b) His boss is pushing him.
(c) He's driving a different route every week.
(d) He is working overtime.
14. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
(a) How long it will take to get the fence finished.
(b) How much money they'll be wasting on the fence.
(c) Why he has to help with the fence.
(d) Why Rose wants a fence in the first place.
15. When Raynell comes outside, what does she ask Cory?
(a) If he wants to look at some pictures of their father.
(b) If he knows the song about Blue the dog.
(c) If he is really her brother.
(d) If he is going to move in with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabriel do when he realizes there is no sound coming from his horn?
2. What does Rose say Troy was doing when he died?
3. At the end of the play, why does Lyons go into the house?
4. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
5. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)