|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
(a) A song about loss.
(b) A song about a dog.
(c) A song about traveling the roads.
(d) A song about love.
2. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
(a) To stay away from Troy.
(b) To go on with his education.
(c) To stop working and have some fun.
(d) To get Troy to help him find a job.
3. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To make some more money.
(b) To find Bono and ask his advice.
(c) To decide which woman is more important to him.
(d) To figure things out.
4. What happens to Alberta?
(a) No one knows.
(b) She runs away, leaving the baby in the hospital.
(c) She is put into a mental institution.
(d) She dies giving birth.
5. Which of the following is NOT included in Old Blue's song?
(a) That he died like a man.
(b) That his grave was dug with a silver spade.
(c) That he lived near the river and swam every day.
(d) That he treed a possum in Noah's Ark.
6. What argument does Troy use to talk Rose into taking care of the baby?
(a) He says that Rose has always wanted a daughter.
(b) He says that the baby is his child.
(c) He says the baby hasn't done anything to hurt her.
(d) He says that Rose is a wonderful mother.
7. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
(a) That he won't give the other woman up.
(b) That it's over.
(c) That the woman is a friend of Rose's.
(d) That he's gotten another woman pregnant.
8. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
(a) His relationship with Rose.
(b) The fence.
(c) His relationship with Alberta.
(d) His job.
9. Gabriel had been living at the boarding house, but during Rose and Troy's conversation, it is revealed that Gabriel is now living where?
(a) At the boarding house.
(b) At the bar.
(c) In an asylum.
(d) In the hospital.
10. Why has Troy been busy at work?
(a) He's doing his job and Bono's too.
(b) He is working overtime.
(c) His boss is pushing him.
(d) He's driving a different route every week.
11. Before Rose can react to Troy's confession about an affair, who interrupts their conversation?
12. When Cory comes home while Lyons is visiting, where has he been?
(a) At the movies.
(c) Playing football.
(d) Looking for a job.
13. What does Rose say Raynell brought into her life?
(b) A mature motherhood.
(d) A chance to raise a daughter.
14. What does Troy say that he can't stand Cory doing?
(a) Stepping over him.
(b) Trying to get out of work.
(c) Going out at night until all hours.
(d) Asking Troy for money.
15. What has Lyons come to the house for in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To help Troy with the fence.
(b) To ask Cory to go to the movies.
(c) To repay the $20 he borrowed.
(d) To see Raynell.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
2. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
3. What is Cory wearing when he arrives home and meets Raynell for the first time since she was a baby?
4. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
5. Once Rose and Troy are alone, what does Rose say about Troy's affair?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)