|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyons tell Cory that Troy always said about trouble?
(a) It's bad to rely on luck to solve your troubles.
(b) You always have to take the bad with the good.
(c) Trouble follows you always.
(d) Good people have bad times just the same as bad people.
2. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
3. For what reason does Rose tell Raynell to come in and get dressed?
(a) They have errands to do.
(b) They are going to Troy's funeral.
(c) Rose wants to see if Raynell's new dress fits.
(d) Rose doesn't want Raynell seen in the yard in her night clothes.
4. What does Rose say that angers Troy so much that he grabs her arm when she starts to go in the house?
(a) Rose says she's going to tell Cory the truth.
(b) Rose says Troy is a taker not a giver.
(c) Rose says that she is going to leave Troy.
(d) Rose says that Troy can just go ahead and live with Alberta.
5. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
(a) That he's calling a foul.
(b) That he's just had strike two.
(c) That Cory couldn't take him on.
(d) That Cory should watch his back.
6. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
(a) That she wants him to rethink his situation.
(b) That she has come to accept the situation.
(c) That she's ready to forgive him.
(d) That she's had enough.
7. How long has it been since Bono has been by to see Troy?
(a) Two days.
(b) A year.
(c) Several months.
(d) A week.
8. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
(a) Keep him from gambling.
(b) Come up with $50 bail.
(c) Fix things with his boss.
(d) Keep him away from liquor.
9. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
(a) He says he is in love with Alberta.
(b) He says he doesn't care what Rose thinks.
(c) He says Rose doesn't know how good she has it.
(d) He says he's doing the best he can.
10. Which of the following is NOT included in Old Blue's song?
(a) That he died like a man.
(b) That his grave was dug with a silver spade.
(c) That he treed a possum in Noah's Ark.
(d) That he lived near the river and swam every day.
11. What does Troy say to Bono about knowing where Troy's responsibilities lay?
(a) He says that acting responsibly towards Cory will only make Cory angry.
(b) He says that his responsibility for Gabriel is complicated.
(c) He says that his responsibility is to not let anyone get hurt.
(d) He says that his responsibility is to Rose and not Alberta.
12. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The game.
(b) The police station.
(c) The bar.
(d) Their job.
13. When Troy goes towards Cory to hit him, how does Cory defend himself?
(a) By hiding behind a bush.
(b) With a fence post.
(c) By swinging the porch swing at Troy.
(d) With Troy's baseball bat.
14. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
(a) That she feels angry with him for using the word "stuck."
(b) That she always put her faith in him and their marriage.
(c) That they have Cory to show for their long relationship.
(d) That it's felt longer than that to her.
15. What does Cory say when Troy talks about how much he's given Cory?
(a) Cory says that Troy has only done what fathers are supposed to do.
(b) Cory says that Troy has never given him anything.
(c) Cory says that he wishes Troy was not his father.
(d) Cory tells Troy all he's ever done is to hold him back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
2. What has Lyons come to the house for in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Once Rose and Troy are alone, what does Rose say about Troy's affair?
4. Bono remarks to Troy that he has noticed that Troy has been spending a lot of time with whom?
5. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)