|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raynell comes outside, what does she ask Cory?
(a) If he knows the song about Blue the dog.
(b) If he is going to move in with them.
(c) If he wants to look at some pictures of their father.
(d) If he is really her brother.
2. At the end of the play, why does Lyons go into the house?
(a) He's going to take away Troy's things.
(b) He's living in the house now.
(c) Rose calls him to come eat breakfast.
(d) He wants to borrow money from Rose.
3. Once Rose and Troy are alone, what does Rose say about Troy's affair?
(a) Rose says she's been a good woman and a good wife to Troy.
(b) Rose says that she thought Bono had been dropping hints about the affair.
(c) Rose says she can't believe he's having an affair with her friend.
(d) Rose says Cory will be disappointed in him.
4. What does Rose ask Troy not to do when Troy comments that Alberta was not alone in the world?
(a) Rose asks Troy not to push her away.
(b) Rose asks Troy to judge everyone fairly.
(c) Rose asks Troy to ask for forgiveness.
(d) Rose asks Troy to forget about Alberta.
5. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To decide which woman is more important to him.
(b) To find Bono and ask his advice.
(c) To figure things out.
(d) To make some more money.
6. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
(a) To go on with his education.
(b) To get Troy to help him find a job.
(c) To stay away from Troy.
(d) To stop working and have some fun.
7. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
(a) That he is not the good man she thought he was.
(b) That he's had to put up with a lot in his life.
(c) That he has turned into a good father.
(d) That he's just a drunk.
8. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
9. After Lyons leaves, what does Cory do alone in the yard, not knowing that Troy is watching him?
(a) Swings Troy's bat.
(b) Works on the fence.
(c) Kicks a football.
(d) Tears down some bushes.
10. Which of the following is NOT included in Old Blue's song?
(a) That he died like a man.
(b) That he lived near the river and swam every day.
(c) That his grave was dug with a silver spade.
(d) That he treed a possum in Noah's Ark.
11. When Troy sends Cory in for another saw, what does Troy ask Bono?
(a) He asks Bono not to tell Cory about Alberta.
(b) He asks Bono to try and talk to Cory about not playing football.
(c) He asks what Bono means by talking about Rose the way he did.
(d) He asks Bono to stay around to work on the fence.
12. Why does the hospital contact Troy?
(a) To give blood.
(b) To pick up his and Alberta's baby.
(c) To file a missing persons report.
(d) To sign the papers for Alberta to be put in the mental institution.
13. What does Troy say after Cory says he's leaving and tells Rose he'll be back for his things later?
(a) He calls after him to come when Troy's not home.
(b) He yells, "Good riddance to bad rubbish!"
(c) He says he should have made the decision long before.
(d) He shouts, "Hallelujah!"
14. What does Troy say to his daughter?
(a) That he cares about her.
(b) That he won't let anything bad happen to her.
(c) That people can be cruel.
(d) That he's done his best.
15. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
(a) His relationship with Rose.
(b) His relationship with Alberta.
(c) The fence.
(d) His job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabriel do when Lyons tries to help him?
2. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
3. Why does Cory say he has come home?
4. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
5. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)