|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rose go in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To the car repair shop.
(b) To the grocery store.
(c) To the church bake sale.
(d) To take food to a sick friend.
2. In their conversation alone outside the house, what does Lyons tell Cory that Troy knows?
(a) The score.
(d) The truth.
3. What does Lyons tell Cory that Troy always said about trouble?
(a) Trouble follows you always.
(b) It's bad to rely on luck to solve your troubles.
(c) Good people have bad times just the same as bad people.
(d) You always have to take the bad with the good.
4. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
(a) Come up with $50 bail.
(b) Keep him from gambling.
(c) Keep him away from liquor.
(d) Fix things with his boss.
5. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
(a) That Troy is not in heaven.
(b) That the gates of heaven are open.
(c) That he's gotten his revenge.
(d) That life will be better for him now.
6. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The police station.
(b) The bar.
(c) The game.
(d) Their job.
7. After Rose and Troy discuss Gabriel, what does Troy tell Rose to do?
(a) Give him $50.
(b) Send Cory out.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Get him a drink.
8. What does Rose say that angers Troy so much that he grabs her arm when she starts to go in the house?
(a) Rose says she's going to tell Cory the truth.
(b) Rose says that she is going to leave Troy.
(c) Rose says Troy is a taker not a giver.
(d) Rose says that Troy can just go ahead and live with Alberta.
9. What does Gabriel do when he realizes there is no sound coming from his horn?
(a) He falls to the gound.
(b) He begins crying.
(c) He begins to dance.
(d) He embraces Rose.
10. Gabriel had been living at the boarding house, but during Rose and Troy's conversation, it is revealed that Gabriel is now living where?
(a) In an asylum.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) At the bar.
(d) At the boarding house.
11. How many children has Troy actually fathered?
12. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
(a) That it's felt longer than that to her.
(b) That they have Cory to show for their long relationship.
(c) That she always put her faith in him and their marriage.
(d) That she feels angry with him for using the word "stuck."
13. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To decide which woman is more important to him.
(b) To make some more money.
(c) To find Bono and ask his advice.
(d) To figure things out.
14. Why does Cory say he has come home?
(a) To help arrange the funeral.
(b) To help with his Uncle Gabriel.
(c) To see Raynell.
(d) To get clear from his father completely.
15. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
(a) His relationship with Alberta.
(b) His job.
(c) His relationship with Rose.
(d) The fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
2. What is Rose's reaction when Troy asks her to help take care of Alberta's baby?
3. What does Troy say after Cory says he's leaving and tells Rose he'll be back for his things later?
4. Why has Troy been busy at work?
5. When Lyons arrives in Act 5, what does he tell Cory he's been doing?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)