|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
(a) The Devil.
2. What does Rose say that angers Troy so much that he grabs her arm when she starts to go in the house?
(a) Rose says that she is going to leave Troy.
(b) Rose says that Troy can just go ahead and live with Alberta.
(c) Rose says Troy is a taker not a giver.
(d) Rose says she's going to tell Cory the truth.
3. What is Rose doing when Troy arrives home with his and Alberta's baby?
(a) Sitting on the porch.
(b) Working in the garden.
(c) Repairing the fence.
(d) Waiting at the fence for Troy.
4. What argument does Troy use to talk Rose into taking care of the baby?
(a) He says the baby hasn't done anything to hurt her.
(b) He says that the baby is his child.
(c) He says that Rose has always wanted a daughter.
(d) He says that Rose is a wonderful mother.
5. For what reason does Rose tell Raynell to come in and get dressed?
(a) They are going to Troy's funeral.
(b) They have errands to do.
(c) Rose doesn't want Raynell seen in the yard in her night clothes.
(d) Rose wants to see if Raynell's new dress fits.
6. What does Troy say to his daughter?
(a) That he won't let anything bad happen to her.
(b) That people can be cruel.
(c) That he's done his best.
(d) That he cares about her.
7. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
(a) That he won't give the other woman up.
(b) That it's over.
(c) That he's gotten another woman pregnant.
(d) That the woman is a friend of Rose's.
8. What does Cory say when Troy talks about how much he's given Cory?
(a) Cory says that Troy has only done what fathers are supposed to do.
(b) Cory says that Troy has never given him anything.
(c) Cory tells Troy all he's ever done is to hold him back.
(d) Cory says that he wishes Troy was not his father.
9. How long has it been since Bono has been by to see Troy?
(a) Two days.
(b) A year.
(c) Several months.
(d) A week.
10. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
(a) To get out of working on the fence.
(b) To step over Troy to get into the house.
(c) To convince Troy to let him go out that night.
(d) To get Troy to give him some money.
11. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
(a) To go on with his education.
(b) To stop working and have some fun.
(c) To get Troy to help him find a job.
(d) To stay away from Troy.
12. When Troy goes towards Cory to hit him, how does Cory defend himself?
(a) By hiding behind a bush.
(b) By swinging the porch swing at Troy.
(c) With Troy's baseball bat.
(d) With a fence post.
13. What does Gabriel do when Lyons tries to help him?
(a) He gives Lyons his horn.
(b) He pushes Lyons away.
(c) He yells at Lyons.
(d) He embraces Lyons.
14. At the beginning of the Act 2, Scene 5, the first time we see Raynell, why is she in the yard when Cory arrives?
(a) She wants to see how her garden is growing.
(b) She wants to swing on the porch swing.
(c) She is feeding a puppy.
(d) She is waiting for Cory.
15. What does Lyons tell Cory that Troy always said about trouble?
(a) Trouble follows you always.
(b) Good people have bad times just the same as bad people.
(c) You always have to take the bad with the good.
(d) It's bad to rely on luck to solve your troubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
2. What does Gabriel do when he realizes there is no sound coming from his horn?
3. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
4. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
5. After Lyons leaves, what does Cory do alone in the yard, not knowing that Troy is watching him?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)