|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the hospital contact Troy?
(a) To pick up his and Alberta's baby.
(b) To give blood.
(c) To sign the papers for Alberta to be put in the mental institution.
(d) To file a missing persons report.
2. When Cory comes home while Lyons is visiting, where has he been?
(b) Looking for a job.
(c) At the movies.
(d) Playing football.
3. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
(a) To get Troy to give him some money.
(b) To step over Troy to get into the house.
(c) To convince Troy to let him go out that night.
(d) To get out of working on the fence.
4. Which of the following is NOT included in Old Blue's song?
(a) That he died like a man.
(b) That he treed a possum in Noah's Ark.
(c) That he lived near the river and swam every day.
(d) That his grave was dug with a silver spade.
5. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
(a) He says he doesn't know.
(b) He says he promised the judge he'd take care of Gabriel.
(c) He says Gabriel is her problem.
(d) He tells her not to think about it.
6. What does Rose tell Cory he can't escape?
(a) The fact that he hasn't been to see her for years.
(b) Nightmares about his childhood.
(c) The fact that he physically resembles his father.
(d) The part of him that was and will always be Troy.
7. What is Cory wearing when he arrives home and meets Raynell for the first time since she was a baby?
(a) The clothes he wears to collect garbage.
(b) A track suit.
(c) Troy's old suit.
(d) A marine sergeant's uniform.
8. Bono remarks to Troy that he has noticed that Troy has been spending a lot of time with whom?
9. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
(a) The Devil.
10. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
(a) That the gates of heaven are open.
(b) That he's gotten his revenge.
(c) That life will be better for him now.
(d) That Troy is not in heaven.
11. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
(a) That she wants him to rethink his situation.
(b) That she's had enough.
(c) That she has come to accept the situation.
(d) That she's ready to forgive him.
12. What does Gabriel do when Lyons tries to help him?
(a) He gives Lyons his horn.
(b) He yells at Lyons.
(c) He embraces Lyons.
(d) He pushes Lyons away.
13. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
(a) That he has turned into a good father.
(b) That he's just a drunk.
(c) That he's had to put up with a lot in his life.
(d) That he is not the good man she thought he was.
14. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
15. When Cory notices the fence had been built, what does Rose say?
(a) That she paid to have it done because she couldn't stand seeing it half-finished.
(b) That Troy finished it to keep Raynell in when she was young.
(c) That she finished it herself with a little help from Gabriel.
(d) That Bono finished it because he knew it was important to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabriel do when he realizes there is no sound coming from his horn?
2. Why does Troy say he is not prepared to give up the affair with Alberta?
3. After Rose and Troy discuss Gabriel, what does Troy tell Rose to do?
4. As Lyons arrives calling for her, Rose comes out to tell him what?
5. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)