|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Troy been busy at work?
(a) He's doing his job and Bono's too.
(b) He's driving a different route every week.
(c) He is working overtime.
(d) His boss is pushing him.
2. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
3. When Troy goes towards Cory to hit him, how does Cory defend himself?
(a) With a fence post.
(b) By swinging the porch swing at Troy.
(c) With Troy's baseball bat.
(d) By hiding behind a bush.
4. After Lyons leaves, what does Cory do alone in the yard, not knowing that Troy is watching him?
(a) Works on the fence.
(b) Tears down some bushes.
(c) Swings Troy's bat.
(d) Kicks a football.
5. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
(b) The Devil.
6. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
(a) Just twice.
(b) Every night but only long enough to change his clothes.
(c) Once a month to check on Cory.
(d) About once a week to give Rose grocery money.
7. Why does Troy say he is not prepared to give up the affair with Alberta?
(a) Because he can handle two women.
(b) Because he's tired of Rose.
(c) Because Alberta makes him feel good.
(d) Because Alberta is pregnant.
8. What does Troy say that he can't stand Cory doing?
(a) Trying to get out of work.
(b) Stepping over him.
(c) Asking Troy for money.
(d) Going out at night until all hours.
9. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
(a) That the gates of heaven are open.
(b) That Troy is not in heaven.
(c) That he's gotten his revenge.
(d) That life will be better for him now.
10. What does Troy say to Bono about knowing where Troy's responsibilities lay?
(a) He says that his responsibility for Gabriel is complicated.
(b) He says that his responsibility is to Rose and not Alberta.
(c) He says that acting responsibly towards Cory will only make Cory angry.
(d) He says that his responsibility is to not let anyone get hurt.
11. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
(a) Troy's father.
12. At the very end of the play, who is NOT there watching Gabriel?
13. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
(a) A bad example for Cory.
(b) A womanless man.
(c) A money provider only.
(d) Only a visitor to the house.
14. How many children has Troy actually fathered?
15. What does Rose say that angers Troy so much that he grabs her arm when she starts to go in the house?
(a) Rose says that Troy can just go ahead and live with Alberta.
(b) Rose says that she is going to leave Troy.
(c) Rose says Troy is a taker not a giver.
(d) Rose says she's going to tell Cory the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
2. Gabriel had been living at the boarding house, but during Rose and Troy's conversation, it is revealed that Gabriel is now living where?
3. Before Rose can react to Troy's confession about an affair, who interrupts their conversation?
4. When Cory comes home while Lyons is visiting, where has he been?
5. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)