|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Troy stops the conversation with Rose about his affair by saying he is going ________ (fill in the blank).
(a) To the bar.
(b) To see Bono.
(c) To Alberta's house.
(d) To the hospital.
2. When Troy yells at Cory to get away from his (Troy's) house, what does Cory respond?
(a) Cory says that this is just one more time that Troy has told him what to do.
(b) Cory says that the house belongs to his mother and she's the only one who can tell him to leave.
(c) Cory says that he will beat up Troy before he leaves.
(d) Cory says that it's not his house at all because it was bought with Gabriel' money.
3. What is Cory wearing when he arrives home and meets Raynell for the first time since she was a baby?
(a) Troy's old suit.
(b) A track suit.
(c) A marine sergeant's uniform.
(d) The clothes he wears to collect garbage.
4. What does Troy say that he can't stand Cory doing?
(a) Trying to get out of work.
(b) Going out at night until all hours.
(c) Asking Troy for money.
(d) Stepping over him.
5. What has Lyons come to the house for in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To ask Cory to go to the movies.
(b) To see Raynell.
(c) To help Troy with the fence.
(d) To repay the $20 he borrowed.
6. What does Rose tell Cory he can't escape?
(a) The fact that he physically resembles his father.
(b) Nightmares about his childhood.
(c) The fact that he hasn't been to see her for years.
(d) The part of him that was and will always be Troy.
7. Which of the following is NOT included in Old Blue's song?
(a) That he died like a man.
(b) That he treed a possum in Noah's Ark.
(c) That he lived near the river and swam every day.
(d) That his grave was dug with a silver spade.
8. When Lyons arrives in Act 5, what does he tell Cory he's been doing?
(a) He's been traveling.
(b) He's been in jail.
(c) He's been playing in clubs.
(d) He's been working with Troy.
9. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To make some more money.
(b) To decide which woman is more important to him.
(c) To figure things out.
(d) To find Bono and ask his advice.
10. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
(a) How long it will take to get the fence finished.
(b) Why Rose wants a fence in the first place.
(c) Why he has to help with the fence.
(d) How much money they'll be wasting on the fence.
11. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
(a) A bad example for Cory.
(b) A womanless man.
(c) A money provider only.
(d) Only a visitor to the house.
12. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
(a) To convince Troy to let him go out that night.
(b) To get Troy to give him some money.
(c) To get out of working on the fence.
(d) To step over Troy to get into the house.
13. What does Gabriel do when he realizes there is no sound coming from his horn?
(a) He begins crying.
(b) He falls to the gound.
(c) He embraces Rose.
(d) He begins to dance.
14. When Cory notices the fence had been built, what does Rose say?
(a) That Troy finished it to keep Raynell in when she was young.
(b) That she paid to have it done because she couldn't stand seeing it half-finished.
(c) That Bono finished it because he knew it was important to her.
(d) That she finished it herself with a little help from Gabriel.
15. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
(a) The bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
2. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Once Rose and Troy are alone, what does Rose say about Troy's affair?
4. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
5. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)