|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bono remarks to Troy that he has noticed that Troy has been spending a lot of time with whom?
2. What does Lyons tell Cory that Troy always said about trouble?
(a) Good people have bad times just the same as bad people.
(b) Trouble follows you always.
(c) It's bad to rely on luck to solve your troubles.
(d) You always have to take the bad with the good.
3. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
4. What does Rose say Raynell brought into her life?
(a) A chance to raise a daughter.
(d) A mature motherhood.
5. What does Rose tell Cory he can't escape?
(a) The part of him that was and will always be Troy.
(b) The fact that he hasn't been to see her for years.
(c) Nightmares about his childhood.
(d) The fact that he physically resembles his father.
6. As Troy sings, Bono stops by on his way _______ (fill in the blank).
(a) To a domino game.
(b) To buy groceries.
(c) To the bar.
(d) To meet a woman.
7. What is Troy doing with the baby as Rose comes out from the house and listens to him?
(a) Humming an old song about a dog.
(b) Singing a lullaby to the baby.
(c) Tapping his foot and rocking the baby.
(d) Telling the baby the history of the family.
8. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
(d) The Devil.
9. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
(a) About carrying on with two women.
(b) About wasting too much time on the fence.
(c) About alienating Cory.
(d) About spending too much money on the fence.
10. When Cory comes out and tries to free Rose from Troy's grip, what does Troy do?
(a) He lets Rose go.
(b) He punches Cory.
(c) He throws Rose to the ground.
(d) He yells for Gabriel to come outside.
11. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
(a) Come up with $50 bail.
(b) Keep him from gambling.
(c) Keep him away from liquor.
(d) Fix things with his boss.
12. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
(a) That the gates of heaven are open.
(b) That life will be better for him now.
(c) That Troy is not in heaven.
(d) That he's gotten his revenge.
13. Where does Rose go in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To the car repair shop.
(b) To take food to a sick friend.
(c) To the church bake sale.
(d) To the grocery store.
14. What does Troy say after Cory says he's leaving and tells Rose he'll be back for his things later?
(a) He yells, "Good riddance to bad rubbish!"
(b) He calls after him to come when Troy's not home.
(c) He shouts, "Hallelujah!"
(d) He says he should have made the decision long before.
15. Why has Troy been busy at work?
(a) He is working overtime.
(b) He's doing his job and Bono's too.
(c) He's driving a different route every week.
(d) His boss is pushing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
2. When Cory comes home while Lyons is visiting, where has he been?
3. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
4. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
5. How long has it been since Bono has been by to see Troy?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)