|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say to Bono before he leaves after helping Troy with the fence?
(a) He says he will talk to Bono about his problems later.
(b) He tells Bono to leave him alone.
(c) He tells Bono about his mother's death.
(d) He says he hears what Bono is saying.
2. What is Rose's reaction when Troy asks her to help take care of Alberta's baby?
(a) She tells him to go away.
(b) She walks outside the fence.
(c) She slaps Troy.
(d) She goes inside.
3. For what reason does Rose tell Raynell to come in and get dressed?
(a) Rose wants to see if Raynell's new dress fits.
(b) They are going to Troy's funeral.
(c) Rose doesn't want Raynell seen in the yard in her night clothes.
(d) They have errands to do.
4. In their conversation alone outside the house, what does Lyons tell Cory that Troy knows?
(a) The truth.
(c) The score.
5. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
(a) That he's gotten his revenge.
(b) That life will be better for him now.
(c) That Troy is not in heaven.
(d) That the gates of heaven are open.
6. What does Troy say that he can't stand Cory doing?
(a) Trying to get out of work.
(b) Asking Troy for money.
(c) Going out at night until all hours.
(d) Stepping over him.
7. When Troy yells at Cory to get away from his (Troy's) house, what does Cory respond?
(a) Cory says that the house belongs to his mother and she's the only one who can tell him to leave.
(b) Cory says that he will beat up Troy before he leaves.
(c) Cory says that this is just one more time that Troy has told him what to do.
(d) Cory says that it's not his house at all because it was bought with Gabriel' money.
8. How long has it been since Bono has been by to see Troy?
(a) A year.
(b) Two days.
(c) Several months.
(d) A week.
9. What does Troy say to Bono about knowing where Troy's responsibilities lay?
(a) He says that his responsibility for Gabriel is complicated.
(b) He says that acting responsibly towards Cory will only make Cory angry.
(c) He says that his responsibility is to not let anyone get hurt.
(d) He says that his responsibility is to Rose and not Alberta.
10. Why does Cory say he has come home?
(a) To help with his Uncle Gabriel.
(b) To see Raynell.
(c) To get clear from his father completely.
(d) To help arrange the funeral.
11. As Lyons arrives calling for her, Rose comes out to tell him what?
(a) That Troy has been taking good care of Raynell.
(b) That he should come over more often.
(c) That he should come into the house when he wants her.
(d) To be quiet so he won't wake Raynell.
12. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
(a) He says Gabriel is her problem.
(b) He says he promised the judge he'd take care of Gabriel.
(c) He says he doesn't know.
(d) He tells her not to think about it.
13. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
(a) He says he doesn't care what Rose thinks.
(b) He says he's doing the best he can.
(c) He says he is in love with Alberta.
(d) He says Rose doesn't know how good she has it.
14. Before Rose can react to Troy's confession about an affair, who interrupts their conversation?
15. When Lyons arrives in Act 5, what does he tell Cory he's been doing?
(a) He's been working with Troy.
(b) He's been playing in clubs.
(c) He's been in jail.
(d) He's been traveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
2. What does Rose say Troy was doing when he died?
3. When Cory comes out and tries to free Rose from Troy's grip, what does Troy do?
4. When Troy sends Cory in for another saw, what does Troy ask Bono?
5. Who does Troy say will see in the future what he's really made of?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)