|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children has Troy actually fathered?
2. What does Rose say that angers Troy so much that he grabs her arm when she starts to go in the house?
(a) Rose says she's going to tell Cory the truth.
(b) Rose says Troy is a taker not a giver.
(c) Rose says that she is going to leave Troy.
(d) Rose says that Troy can just go ahead and live with Alberta.
3. What does Troy say to Bono about knowing where Troy's responsibilities lay?
(a) He says that acting responsibly towards Cory will only make Cory angry.
(b) He says that his responsibility is to not let anyone get hurt.
(c) He says that his responsibility for Gabriel is complicated.
(d) He says that his responsibility is to Rose and not Alberta.
4. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
(a) That Cory should watch his back.
(b) That he's just had strike two.
(c) That he's calling a foul.
(d) That Cory couldn't take him on.
5. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
(a) His job.
(b) His relationship with Alberta.
(c) The fence.
(d) His relationship with Rose.
6. What does Rose tell Cory he can't escape?
(a) The part of him that was and will always be Troy.
(b) The fact that he hasn't been to see her for years.
(c) The fact that he physically resembles his father.
(d) Nightmares about his childhood.
7. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
(a) That she's ready to forgive him.
(b) That she wants him to rethink his situation.
(c) That she's had enough.
(d) That she has come to accept the situation.
8. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
(d) The Devil.
9. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To figure things out.
(b) To find Bono and ask his advice.
(c) To make some more money.
(d) To decide which woman is more important to him.
10. When Lyons arrives in Act 5, what does he tell Cory he's been doing?
(a) He's been traveling.
(b) He's been playing in clubs.
(c) He's been in jail.
(d) He's been working with Troy.
11. What does Troy say to his daughter?
(a) That people can be cruel.
(b) That he's done his best.
(c) That he cares about her.
(d) That he won't let anything bad happen to her.
12. When Cory comes out and tries to free Rose from Troy's grip, what does Troy do?
(a) He throws Rose to the ground.
(b) He punches Cory.
(c) He yells for Gabriel to come outside.
(d) He lets Rose go.
13. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
(a) To get Troy to help him find a job.
(b) To stay away from Troy.
(c) To go on with his education.
(d) To stop working and have some fun.
14. When Raynell comes outside, what does she ask Cory?
(a) If he wants to look at some pictures of their father.
(b) If he is going to move in with them.
(c) If he knows the song about Blue the dog.
(d) If he is really her brother.
15. After Lyons leaves, what does Cory do alone in the yard, not knowing that Troy is watching him?
(a) Swings Troy's bat.
(b) Tears down some bushes.
(c) Works on the fence.
(d) Kicks a football.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say Troy was doing when he died?
2. When Cory notices the fence had been built, what does Rose say?
3. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
4. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
5. What does Gabriel do when he realizes there is no sound coming from his horn?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)