|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say after Cory says he's leaving and tells Rose he'll be back for his things later?
(a) He yells, "Good riddance to bad rubbish!"
(b) He shouts, "Hallelujah!"
(c) He calls after him to come when Troy's not home.
(d) He says he should have made the decision long before.
2. For what reason does Rose tell Raynell to come in and get dressed?
(a) Rose wants to see if Raynell's new dress fits.
(b) They have errands to do.
(c) They are going to Troy's funeral.
(d) Rose doesn't want Raynell seen in the yard in her night clothes.
3. Before Rose can react to Troy's confession about an affair, who interrupts their conversation?
4. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
(a) That Cory should watch his back.
(b) That he's just had strike two.
(c) That Cory couldn't take him on.
(d) That he's calling a foul.
5. At the beginning of the Act 2, Scene 5, the first time we see Raynell, why is she in the yard when Cory arrives?
(a) She is feeding a puppy.
(b) She wants to see how her garden is growing.
(c) She wants to swing on the porch swing.
(d) She is waiting for Cory.
6. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
(a) Keep him away from liquor.
(b) Come up with $50 bail.
(c) Keep him from gambling.
(d) Fix things with his boss.
7. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The bar.
(b) The game.
(c) The police station.
(d) Their job.
8. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
(a) The Devil.
9. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
(a) That it's felt longer than that to her.
(b) That she always put her faith in him and their marriage.
(c) That they have Cory to show for their long relationship.
(d) That she feels angry with him for using the word "stuck."
10. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
(a) He tells her not to think about it.
(b) He says Gabriel is her problem.
(c) He says he promised the judge he'd take care of Gabriel.
(d) He says he doesn't know.
11. What is Rose doing when Troy arrives home with his and Alberta's baby?
(a) Waiting at the fence for Troy.
(b) Repairing the fence.
(c) Sitting on the porch.
(d) Working in the garden.
12. When Lyons arrives in Act 5, what does he tell Cory he's been doing?
(a) He's been playing in clubs.
(b) He's been traveling.
(c) He's been in jail.
(d) He's been working with Troy.
13. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Play in the World Series.
(b) Steal second.
(c) Hit a home run.
(d) Hit a ball out of the park.
14. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
(a) A money provider only.
(b) A bad example for Cory.
(c) A womanless man.
(d) Only a visitor to the house.
15. What does Troy say to Bono about knowing where Troy's responsibilities lay?
(a) He says that acting responsibly towards Cory will only make Cory angry.
(b) He says that his responsibility for Gabriel is complicated.
(c) He says that his responsibility is to not let anyone get hurt.
(d) He says that his responsibility is to Rose and not Alberta.
Short Answer Questions
1. In their conversation alone outside the house, what does Lyons tell Cory that Troy knows?
2. What does Lyons tell Cory that Troy always said about trouble?
3. What has Lyons come to the house for in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
5. When Cory comes home and finds Lyons visiting, what advice does Lyons give Cory?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)