|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Blue?
(a) A girl Bono knows.
(b) Troy's co-worker.
(c) The boss.
(d) A dog.
2. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
3. As Cory runs out of the house, late for a game, what does Rose say to him?
(a) That the recruiter called him again.
(b) That his room is a mess.
(c) That she'll make his favorite dinner.
(d) That she hopes he wins.
4. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
(b) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(c) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
(d) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
5. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
(a) Troy says that Cory is a responsibility but that Troy doesn't have to like him.
(b) Troy says that he questions who Cory's real father is.
(c) Troy says that Cory has always been too much trouble.
(d) Troy says that Rose never let Troy take part in raising Cory.
6. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
7. When did Troy say he reformed?
(a) When he met and married Rose.
(b) When his son was born.
(c) When he heard from his father.
(d) When he met Bono in prison.
8. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
(a) Because Cory should learn what it's like to go to work every day.
(b) Because Rose will be ashamed of Cory if he doesn't.
(c) Because Troy's the boss and what he says goes.
(d) Because they need Cory to make money to help the family.
9. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
10. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(b) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
(c) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(d) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
11. As Troy complains about how everybody manages his money for him, Gabriel arrives carrying what?
(a) A bottle of gin.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) A book.
(d) A rose.
12. For what crime did Troy serve time in prison?
(a) He was caught selling drugs.
(b) He committed armed robbery.
(c) He beat up a police officer.
(d) He accidentally killed a man.
13. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
(b) It was gambled away.
(c) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
(d) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
14. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He says she should argue that point with their son.
(b) He takes a long drink of beer.
(c) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(d) He agrees with her.
15. In response to what Rose tells him to do, what does Troy say he will do when the recruiter comes to the house?
(a) He says he won't sign the papers.
(b) He says he will wait to hear Bono's opinion.
(c) He says he will sign the papers.
(d) He says he will not ask the recruiter how much money is involved.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lyons appears, what makes Troy ask him why he's not in jail?
2. Once Cory goes inside after he is finished helping Troy for the day, what does Rose ask Troy?
3. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
4. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
5. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)