|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Troy's mother?
(a) She died when Troy was a baby.
(b) She ran off when Troy was eight.
(c) She went to live with Troy's sister.
(d) She shot Troy's father and was sent to prison.
2. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
(a) Cory says that the recruiter has given him some gifts.
(b) Cory says that the recruiter had seen Troy play ball.
(c) Cory says that the recruiter says he's the best player he's seen in years.
(d) Cory says that if he's recruited he'll have a chance to go to college.
3. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
4. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Troy and Rose's.
(b) Troy and Cory's.
(c) Gabriel and Rose's.
(d) Rose and Cory's.
5. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) They are not related.
(b) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
(c) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(d) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
6. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
(a) To see if Gabriel has come back.
(b) To look for money to give Rose.
(c) To fix a sandwich.
(d) To find Troy.
7. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
(b) To bring Gabriel back.
(c) To mow the lawn.
(d) To find Cory.
8. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
9. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
(b) $10, 000.
10. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(b) Troy assumes Lyons is going to ask for money.
(c) Troy assumes Lyons it going to show he has no money to buy them drinks.
(d) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Troy back.
11. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
(a) Troy says that Cory has always been too much trouble.
(b) Troy says that Rose never let Troy take part in raising Cory.
(c) Troy says that he questions who Cory's real father is.
(d) Troy says that Cory is a responsibility but that Troy doesn't have to like him.
12. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
(a) They tell Bono about the time the kids stole some watermelons.
(b) They tell Bono how Rose got Troy fired from his job.
(c) They tell Bono about how Rose talked Troy into marrying her.
(d) They tell Bono about the time Rose's mother chased Troy.
13. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to block the driveway.
(b) Trying to kiss the secretary.
(c) Trying to steal a watermelon.
(d) Trying to leave early.
14. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
15. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
(a) He says that Gabriel has plenty of people looking out for him.
(b) He says they should look in on Gabriel more often.
(c) He says that Gabriel likes Rose to feel sorry for him.
(d) He says that Gabriel is fine and not to worry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose comment when Troy says that Gabriel can come and go at the boarding house just as he could at home?
2. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
3. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
4. What does Troy say about Alberta?
5. For what offense does Troy say his father once almost beat him to death?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)