|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Cory goes inside after he is finished helping Troy for the day, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Why he thinks Cory isn't talented at football.
(b) Why he never takes Cory out anywhere.
(c) Why he won't let Cory play football.
(d) Why he thinks football isn't as good a sport as baseball.
2. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
(a) Troy says he has only had two or three affairs since he and Rose married.
(b) Troy says he has been faithful to Rose.
(c) Troy says that he has had fewer affairs than Rose has.
(d) Troy says Bono will have to guess whether or not he's been faithful.
3. Why does Gabriel think Troy is mad at him?
(a) Because he went to live in the boarding house.
(b) Because he has been helping Rose too much.
(c) Because he doesn't earn any money.
(d) Because he's been feeding stray dogs.
4. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
(b) $10, 000.
5. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(b) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(c) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
(d) Because Cory isn't really talented.
6. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
(a) He says they should look in on Gabriel more often.
(b) He says that Gabriel is fine and not to worry.
(c) He says that Gabriel likes Rose to feel sorry for him.
(d) He says that Gabriel has plenty of people looking out for him.
7. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
(a) That the manager wants to give him a promotion.
(b) That the manager gave the job to somebody else.
(c) That he doesn't want to work part-time.
(d) That he quit his job.
8. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
(a) The screen door.
(b) The fence.
(c) The garden.
(d) The porch swing.
9. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
(a) He says it was lousy and he doesn't know why he stayed there as long as he did.
(b) He says he let his wife talk him into staying there.
(c) He says it was the only house he ever loved.
(d) He says that he plans to buy back his first home some day.
10. What does Rose say in response to Troy's comment that she's supposed to come when she's called?
(a) She says she's not a dog.
(b) She says she isn't Troy's slave.
(c) She says she doesn't like Troy to talk to her like that in front of Bono.
(d) She says she didn't hear Troy call her.
11. What does Troy say about Alberta?
(a) Troy says that he thinks Alberta deserves to be promoted.
(b) Troy says that Alberta is sexy, but he hasn't been with her.
(c) Troy says that he finds Alberta unattractive.
(d) Troy says that the boss has been having an affair with Alberta.
12. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
(b) He sits down on the porch swing.
(c) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
(d) He pulls up some weeds.
13. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
14. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because he was too old.
(b) Because of a lack of talent.
(c) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
(d) Because of racial discrimination.
15. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
(a) That he's talented at football.
(b) That he did a good job.
(c) That Troy loves him.
(d) That Cory should do whatever he wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
2. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
3. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
4. In response to what Rose tells him to do, what does Troy say he will do when the recruiter comes to the house?
5. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)