|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
(a) He says that he was a better player than Aaron.
(b) He says that Aaron is a sellout.
(c) He says that Aaron is going to burn out in no time.
(d) He says that that's only one example.
2. What does Troy say about his boss?
(a) That he doesn't need to know Troy's business.
(b) That he's cheap.
(c) That he's fair.
(d) That he yells at Troy all the time.
3. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
(a) Leaves for the corner bar.
(b) Sits down on the porch swing.
(c) Puts his arms around Rose.
(d) Goes into the house.
4. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
5. When Lyons appears, what makes Troy ask him why he's not in jail?
(a) Bono told Troy that three of Lyons' friends were in jail.
(b) Troy often poses this question to Lyons.
(c) Troy is implying that Lyons stole his money,
(d) A club where Lyons plays got raided.
6. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To the store.
(b) To a friend's house.
(c) To help his grandfather.
(d) To football practice.
7. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
(a) That Cory should do whatever he wants.
(b) That he's talented at football.
(c) That Troy loves him.
(d) That he did a good job.
8. What does Troy say about a boy who lies to his father?
(a) He says it's time for that boy to get out.
(b) He says it's time for more severe punishment.
(c) He says it means trouble for the whole family.
(d) He says it's the father's fault.
9. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Because he has already died.
(b) Because of his sins.
(c) Because he will never die.
(d) Because he is too young.
10. What is Lyons actually doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Lyons is going to show he has no money and to ask for more.
(b) Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(c) Lyons is going to jingle his change to show he's got money in his pocket.
(d) Lyons plans to pay back the $10 he borrowed from Troy earlier.
11. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
(a) To see if Gabriel has come back.
(b) To find Troy.
(c) To fix a sandwich.
(d) To look for money to give Rose.
12. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Troy assumes Lyons is going to ask for money.
(b) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Troy back.
(c) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(d) Troy assumes Lyons it going to show he has no money to buy them drinks.
13. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
(a) That Lyons wants to borrow money.
(b) That Lyons wants to move in with Rose and Troy.
(c) That Lyons wants to use Troy's car.
(d) That Lyons wants Rose to make him breakfast.
14. Who is Blue?
(a) Troy's co-worker.
(b) A girl Bono knows.
(c) A dog.
(d) The boss.
15. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
(a) The porch swing.
(b) The fence.
(c) The screen door.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
2. For what crime did Troy serve time in prison?
3. When Troy says that blacks or Hispanics aren't being allowed to play baseball to their potential, how does Cory respond?
4. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
5. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)