|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To mow the lawn.
(b) To bring Gabriel back.
(c) To find Cory.
(d) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
2. When did Troy say he reformed?
(a) When his son was born.
(b) When he met Bono in prison.
(c) When he heard from his father.
(d) When he met and married Rose.
3. What does Troy tell Cory in response to his explanation about the football recruiter?
(a) Troy tells Cory he needs a full-time job.
(b) Troy tells Cory he has met the recruiter.
(c) Troy tells Cory not to trust the recruiter.
(d) Troy tells Cory to give back the gifts the recruiter gave him.
4. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
5. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
(a) Leaves for the corner bar.
(b) Goes into the house.
(c) Sits down on the porch swing.
(d) Puts his arms around Rose.
6. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
(b) He pulls up some weeds.
(c) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
(d) He sits down on the porch swing.
7. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
8. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
(a) He says he doesn't eat breakfast.
(b) He says the angels prepare his breakfast.
(c) He says he usually eats breakfast with Saint Peter.
(d) He says the ladies of the church see that he's fed.
9. What does Rose say in response to Troy's comment that she's supposed to come when she's called?
(a) She says she doesn't like Troy to talk to her like that in front of Bono.
(b) She says she's not a dog.
(c) She says she didn't hear Troy call her.
(d) She says she isn't Troy's slave.
10. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) They are not related.
(b) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
(c) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(d) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
11. What does Troy say about his boss?
(a) That he doesn't need to know Troy's business.
(b) That he's cheap.
(c) That he's fair.
(d) That he yells at Troy all the time.
12. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
(a) Troy says that he has had fewer affairs than Rose has.
(b) Troy says he has been faithful to Rose.
(c) Troy says he has only had two or three affairs since he and Rose married.
(d) Troy says Bono will have to guess whether or not he's been faithful.
13. When Cory answers Troy's question about whether he's just come home with "yeah," what does Troy remind him?
(a) Troy reminds Cory that he said he wouldn't go to practice on Saturday.
(b) Troy reminds Cory he should have been home a long time ago.
(c) Troy reminds Cory that he should speak in complete sentences.
(d) Troy reminds Cory to call him "sir."
14. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(b) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Troy back.
(c) Troy assumes Lyons it going to show he has no money to buy them drinks.
(d) Troy assumes Lyons is going to ask for money.
15. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
2. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
3. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
4. After Lyons and Bono leave, Cory comes home angry with his father for what?
5. Who does Gabriel think he is?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)