|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(b) He takes a long drink of beer.
(c) He agrees with her.
(d) He says she should argue that point with their son.
2. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
(b) He pulls up some weeds.
(c) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
(d) He sits down on the porch swing.
3. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
(a) He is afraid of the noise from the trash trucks.
(b) He is angry with Troy for lecturing him.
(c) He says Saint Peter needs him immediately.
(d) He says he hears the hounds of hell coming after him.
4. Troy says that all he's got strength to do is __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Put up with all the people telling him what to do.
(b) Pray for guidance.
(c) Stay put and not pick up and leave.
(d) Earn a living to support all the people who rely on him.
5. What does Troy say about his boss?
(a) That he yells at Troy all the time.
(b) That he's cheap.
(c) That he doesn't need to know Troy's business.
(d) That he's fair.
6. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
7. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
(a) About why the boss paid the workers so little.
(b) About why the men received no overtime.
(c) About why black men weren't allowed to drive trucks.
(d) About why the boss didn't promote him.
8. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
(b) Because he was too old.
(c) Because of racial discrimination.
(d) Because of a lack of talent.
9. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
(a) A book.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A tie.
(d) A trumpet.
10. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
(a) He says that Aaron is going to burn out in no time.
(b) He says that that's only one example.
(c) He says that he was a better player than Aaron.
(d) He says that Aaron is a sellout.
11. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
12. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
(a) She is cutting the grass.
(b) She is weeding the garden.
(c) She is hanging out clothes to dry.
(d) She is putting the trash out for collection.
13. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
(a) That the manager gave the job to somebody else.
(b) That the manager wants to give him a promotion.
(c) That he doesn't want to work part-time.
(d) That he quit his job.
14. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
(b) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
(c) It was gambled away.
(d) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
15. What does Rose tell Troy he should do when the football recruiter comes to the house?
(a) He should not sign the papers.
(b) He should ask the recruiter how much money is involved.
(c) He should sign the papers.
(d) He should wait to hear Bono's opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
2. When Lyons appears, what makes Troy ask him why he's not in jail?
3. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
4. For what offense does Troy say his father once almost beat him to death?
5. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)