|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He says she should argue that point with their son.
(b) He agrees with her.
(c) He takes a long drink of beer.
(d) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
2. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to leave early.
(b) Trying to block the driveway.
(c) Trying to kiss the secretary.
(d) Trying to steal a watermelon.
3. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(b) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
(c) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
(d) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
4. What does Rose say in response to Troy's comment that she's supposed to come when she's called?
(a) She says she's not a dog.
(b) She says she didn't hear Troy call her.
(c) She says she doesn't like Troy to talk to her like that in front of Bono.
(d) She says she isn't Troy's slave.
5. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
(a) She kisses him passionately.
(b) She tells him to leave her alone.
(c) She tells him to wait until later.
(d) She slaps him.
6. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
(a) The devil.
(b) The angels.
(c) Aunt Jemima.
(d) His mother.
7. Who is Blue?
(a) Troy's co-worker.
(b) A girl Bono knows.
(c) A dog.
(d) The boss.
8. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(b) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(c) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
(d) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
9. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To the store.
(b) To football practice.
(c) To a friend's house.
(d) To help his grandfather.
10. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From Bono.
(b) From Cory's desk.
(c) From her apron pocket.
(d) From Troy's pay.
11. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Because he is too young.
(b) Because he will never die.
(c) Because of his sins.
(d) Because he has already died.
12. For what crime did Troy serve time in prison?
(a) He accidentally killed a man.
(b) He was caught selling drugs.
(c) He beat up a police officer.
(d) He committed armed robbery.
13. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(b) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Troy back.
(c) Troy assumes Lyons it going to show he has no money to buy them drinks.
(d) Troy assumes Lyons is going to ask for money.
14. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
(b) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
(c) Bono says he's not hungry.
(d) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
15. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
(a) That Troy has never beaten him.
(b) That Troy put a roof over his head and food in his mouth.
(c) That Troy is a good church-going man.
(d) That Rose and Troy are still together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriel think he is?
2. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Troy remember about his own father?
4. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
5. As Cory runs out of the house, late for a game, what does Rose say to him?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)