|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
(a) They tell Bono about how Rose talked Troy into marrying her.
(b) They tell Bono about the time the kids stole some watermelons.
(c) They tell Bono about the time Rose's mother chased Troy.
(d) They tell Bono how Rose got Troy fired from his job.
2. Where does Cory work?
(a) At the convenience store.
(b) At the football concession stand.
(c) At the car repair shop.
(d) At the supermarket.
3. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
(a) A book.
(b) A tie.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A trumpet.
4. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
(b) Bono says he's not hungry.
(c) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
(d) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
5. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
(a) Troy says that Rose never let Troy take part in raising Cory.
(b) Troy says that he questions who Cory's real father is.
(c) Troy says that Cory has always been too much trouble.
(d) Troy says that Cory is a responsibility but that Troy doesn't have to like him.
6. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
(a) Cory would not be going to college.
(b) Gabriel would have gambled the money away.
(c) Gabriel would not have had surgery.
(d) He and Rose would have no home.
7. How does Cory respond to his mother as he leaves the house, hurrying because he is late for a game?
(a) He says that he will clean his room when he gets home.
(b) He says that he'll call the recruiter back when he gets home.
(c) He says that he'll bring chicken home for his mother.
(d) He says that he'll be home immediately after the game.
8. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
(a) She says that she hopes to improve her life some day.
(b) She says that some people don't know that improving their lives is possible.
(c) She says that she wishes Cory would look at life's possibilities.
(d) She says that Bono should try to improve his life.
9. What happened to Troy's mother?
(a) She ran off when Troy was eight.
(b) She died when Troy was a baby.
(c) She went to live with Troy's sister.
(d) She shot Troy's father and was sent to prison.
10. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
(a) That Rose and Troy are still together.
(b) That Troy put a roof over his head and food in his mouth.
(c) That Troy is a good church-going man.
(d) That Troy has never beaten him.
11. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
(b) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(c) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
(d) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
12. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
(a) He says that Gabriel has plenty of people looking out for him.
(b) He says they should look in on Gabriel more often.
(c) He says that Gabriel likes Rose to feel sorry for him.
(d) He says that Gabriel is fine and not to worry.
13. After Lyons and Bono leave, Cory comes home angry with his father for what?
(a) For telling his teacher that Cory never did any homework.
(b) For telling his mother that he had stolen money from her purse.
(c) For telling the coach that Cory isn't allowed play football any more.
(d) For telling his boss that he didn't want Cory to work at the store any more.
14. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
(a) He says that he plans to buy back his first home some day.
(b) He says it was the only house he ever loved.
(c) He says it was lousy and he doesn't know why he stayed there as long as he did.
(d) He says he let his wife talk him into staying there.
15. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
(a) She kisses him passionately.
(b) She tells him to leave her alone.
(c) She tells him to wait until later.
(d) She slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
2. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
3. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
4. What does Troy say about Alberta?
5. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)