|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Cory goes inside after he is finished helping Troy for the day, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Why he won't let Cory play football.
(b) Why he thinks Cory isn't talented at football.
(c) Why he thinks football isn't as good a sport as baseball.
(d) Why he never takes Cory out anywhere.
2. For what offense does Troy say his father once almost beat him to death?
(a) He found out Troy had been skipping school.
(b) He found Troy with a girl.
(c) He found out Troy was stealing.
(d) He caught Troy sneaking out of the house.
3. What does Troy say about his boss?
(a) That he doesn't need to know Troy's business.
(b) That he's cheap.
(c) That he yells at Troy all the time.
(d) That he's fair.
4. As Troy complains about how everybody manages his money for him, Gabriel arrives carrying what?
(a) A book.
(b) A rose.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) A bag of coins.
5. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
(a) Troy is responding to Bono's request to hear one of Troy's stories.
(b) Rose tells Troy he's going to drink himself to death.
(c) Rose tells Troy that he needs to buy some life insurance.
(d) Troy tells Rose that before long she might be on her own.
6. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
(b) He sits down on the porch swing.
(c) He pulls up some weeds.
(d) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
7. When Lyons appears, what makes Troy ask him why he's not in jail?
(a) Troy is implying that Lyons stole his money,
(b) Bono told Troy that three of Lyons' friends were in jail.
(c) Troy often poses this question to Lyons.
(d) A club where Lyons plays got raided.
8. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to block the driveway.
(b) Trying to kiss the secretary.
(c) Trying to leave early.
(d) Trying to steal a watermelon.
9. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(b) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
(c) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
(d) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
10. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is watering the garden.
(b) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
(c) She is mowing the lawn.
(d) She is taking clothes off the line.
11. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
(b) They are not related.
(c) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(d) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
12. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
(a) To find Troy.
(b) To fix a sandwich.
(c) To see if Gabriel has come back.
(d) To look for money to give Rose.
13. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
(a) That he plans to confront the boss again on Monday.
(b) Not to bother coming because he'll still be making love with Rose.
(c) That Bono should come back on Saturday for dinner.
(d) That Rose will make them both breakfast on Monday morning.
14. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
15. What does Rose tell Troy he should do when the football recruiter comes to the house?
(a) He should sign the papers.
(b) He should ask the recruiter how much money is involved.
(c) He should wait to hear Bono's opinion.
(d) He should not sign the papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
2. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
3. Where does Cory work?
4. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
5. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)