|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
(a) He says the ladies of the church see that he's fed.
(b) He says he usually eats breakfast with Saint Peter.
(c) He says he doesn't eat breakfast.
(d) He says the angels prepare his breakfast.
2. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
(a) That they are different every time.
(b) That he should not tell them to children.
(c) That they are proof that Troy drinks too much.
(d) That there is a lot of truth in them.
3. As Troy complains about how everybody manages his money for him, Gabriel arrives carrying what?
(a) A rose.
(b) A bottle of gin.
(c) A bag of coins.
(d) A book.
4. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
(a) The devil.
(b) Aunt Jemima.
(c) The angels.
(d) His mother.
5. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
(a) He says that he plans to buy back his first home some day.
(b) He says it was lousy and he doesn't know why he stayed there as long as he did.
(c) He says it was the only house he ever loved.
(d) He says he let his wife talk him into staying there.
6. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
(a) Because they need Cory to make money to help the family.
(b) Because Cory should learn what it's like to go to work every day.
(c) Because Rose will be ashamed of Cory if he doesn't.
(d) Because Troy's the boss and what he says goes.
7. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To help his grandfather.
(b) To a friend's house.
(c) To football practice.
(d) To the store.
8. What does Bono say about Alberta?
(a) Bono says that Alberta is going to be promoted.
(b) Bono says that he wants to ask Alberta out.
(c) Bono says that he went to grade school with Alberta.
(d) Bono says that Troy has been spending a lot of time with her.
9. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
(a) He is afraid of the noise from the trash trucks.
(b) He says Saint Peter needs him immediately.
(c) He is angry with Troy for lecturing him.
(d) He says he hears the hounds of hell coming after him.
10. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It was gambled away.
(b) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
(c) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
(d) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
11. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He pulls up some weeds.
(b) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
(c) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
(d) He sits down on the porch swing.
12. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
13. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
(b) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
(c) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(d) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
14. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
(a) That Troy is a good church-going man.
(b) That Rose and Troy are still together.
(c) That Troy has never beaten him.
(d) That Troy put a roof over his head and food in his mouth.
15. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
(a) Troy says that he has had fewer affairs than Rose has.
(b) Troy says he has been faithful to Rose.
(c) Troy says Bono will have to guess whether or not he's been faithful.
(d) Troy says he has only had two or three affairs since he and Rose married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument do Rose, Troy, and Bono have about grocery stores?
2. What does Troy say about his boss?
3. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
4. For what offense does Troy say his father once almost beat him to death?
5. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)