|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gabriel think Troy is mad at him?
(a) Because he has been helping Rose too much.
(b) Because he's been feeding stray dogs.
(c) Because he doesn't earn any money.
(d) Because he went to live in the boarding house.
2. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he's not hungry.
(b) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
(c) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
(d) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
3. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Troy and Cory's.
(b) Gabriel and Rose's.
(c) Troy and Rose's.
(d) Rose and Cory's.
4. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
(a) That they are different every time.
(b) That he should not tell them to children.
(c) That there is a lot of truth in them.
(d) That they are proof that Troy drinks too much.
5. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
(a) Sits down on the porch swing.
(b) Puts his arms around Rose.
(c) Goes into the house.
(d) Leaves for the corner bar.
6. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is taking clothes off the line.
(b) She is watering the garden.
(c) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
(d) She is mowing the lawn.
7. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
(a) Because Cory should learn what it's like to go to work every day.
(b) Because they need Cory to make money to help the family.
(c) Because Troy's the boss and what he says goes.
(d) Because Rose will be ashamed of Cory if he doesn't.
8. What argument do Rose, Troy, and Bono have about grocery stores?
(a) Whether they should patronize the new supermarket on the corner.
(b) Whether it's possible to make a profit on a small grocery store in this day and age.
(c) Whether you should shop where you get a good deal or where they know you.
(d) Whether their local grocery store is clean or not.
9. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
(a) A book.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A tie.
(d) A suitcase.
10. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
(a) Gabriel would have gambled the money away.
(b) Cory would not be going to college.
(c) Gabriel would not have had surgery.
(d) He and Rose would have no home.
11. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From her apron pocket.
(b) From Bono.
(c) From Cory's desk.
(d) From Troy's pay.
12. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
(a) She says that some people don't know that improving their lives is possible.
(b) She says that Bono should try to improve his life.
(c) She says that she wishes Cory would look at life's possibilities.
(d) She says that she hopes to improve her life some day.
13. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
(a) He says the ladies of the church see that he's fed.
(b) He says the angels prepare his breakfast.
(c) He says he doesn't eat breakfast.
(d) He says he usually eats breakfast with Saint Peter.
14. When Troy says that blacks or Hispanics aren't being allowed to play baseball to their potential, how does Cory respond?
(a) Cory says the Hispanics are better players than the blacks.
(b) Cory says the blacks are better players than the Hispanics.
(c) Cory gives examples of black players who are doing well.
(d) Cory agrees with his father.
15. When did Troy say he reformed?
(a) When he heard from his father.
(b) When he met and married Rose.
(c) When he met Bono in prison.
(d) When his son was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Cory goes inside after he is finished helping Troy for the day, what does Rose ask Troy?
2. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
3. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
4. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
5. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)