|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
2. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(b) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
(c) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
(d) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
3. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Troy back.
(b) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(c) Troy assumes Lyons is going to ask for money.
(d) Troy assumes Lyons it going to show he has no money to buy them drinks.
4. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He fired the co-worker.
(b) He did nothing.
(c) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
(d) He hit the co-worker.
5. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To drink beer and talk.
(b) To watch a football game.
(c) To take their wives to the movies.
(d) To complain to the boss about their pay.
6. As Cory runs out of the house, late for a game, what does Rose say to him?
(a) That she'll make his favorite dinner.
(b) That his room is a mess.
(c) That the recruiter called him again.
(d) That she hopes he wins.
7. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
(a) The fence.
(b) The garden.
(c) The porch swing.
(d) The screen door.
8. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
(a) Rose tells Troy that he needs to buy some life insurance.
(b) Rose tells Troy he's going to drink himself to death.
(c) Troy is responding to Bono's request to hear one of Troy's stories.
(d) Troy tells Rose that before long she might be on her own.
9. What argument do Rose, Troy, and Bono have about grocery stores?
(a) Whether you should shop where you get a good deal or where they know you.
(b) Whether they should patronize the new supermarket on the corner.
(c) Whether it's possible to make a profit on a small grocery store in this day and age.
(d) Whether their local grocery store is clean or not.
10. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
(a) That Lyons wants to borrow money.
(b) That Lyons wants to use Troy's car.
(c) That Lyons wants Rose to make him breakfast.
(d) That Lyons wants to move in with Rose and Troy.
11. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To help his grandfather.
(b) To football practice.
(c) To the store.
(d) To a friend's house.
12. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to block the driveway.
(b) Trying to kiss the secretary.
(c) Trying to leave early.
(d) Trying to steal a watermelon.
13. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
14. What does Troy say about his boss?
(a) That he's cheap.
(b) That he's fair.
(c) That he yells at Troy all the time.
(d) That he doesn't need to know Troy's business.
15. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
(b) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
(c) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(d) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to what Rose tells him to do, what does Troy say he will do when the recruiter comes to the house?
2. Once Cory goes inside after he is finished helping Troy for the day, what does Rose ask Troy?
3. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
4. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
5. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)