|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To bring Gabriel back.
(b) To mow the lawn.
(c) To find Cory.
(d) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
2. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He sits down on the porch swing.
(b) He pulls up some weeds.
(c) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
(d) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
3. What does Troy say about Alberta?
(a) Troy says that he finds Alberta unattractive.
(b) Troy says that the boss has been having an affair with Alberta.
(c) Troy says that Alberta is sexy, but he hasn't been with her.
(d) Troy says that he thinks Alberta deserves to be promoted.
4. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
(a) He says he usually eats breakfast with Saint Peter.
(b) He says the angels prepare his breakfast.
(c) He says he doesn't eat breakfast.
(d) He says the ladies of the church see that he's fed.
5. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
6. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(b) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
(c) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
(d) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
7. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
(a) Pay off some furniture.
(b) Go to church every Sunday.
(c) Stay married to Rose.
(d) Keep working at a job he hates.
8. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(b) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(c) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(d) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
9. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
(a) That Troy put a roof over his head and food in his mouth.
(b) That Rose and Troy are still together.
(c) That Troy has never beaten him.
(d) That Troy is a good church-going man.
10. What is Lyons actually doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Lyons is going to show he has no money and to ask for more.
(b) Lyons plans to pay back the $10 he borrowed from Troy earlier.
(c) Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(d) Lyons is going to jingle his change to show he's got money in his pocket.
11. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
(a) Because Cory went off without doing his chores.
(b) Because Lyons came by and upset him.
(c) Because Troy has to repair the car again.
(d) Because Rose asked for money.
12. Why does Troy say that he doesn't need a driver's license?
(a) Because no one he knows has one.
(b) Because he doesn't need any identification.
(c) Because he wouldn't have any use for one.
(d) Because driving is easy.
13. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To a friend's house.
(b) To football practice.
(c) To help his grandfather.
(d) To the store.
14. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
(a) Because Troy's the boss and what he says goes.
(b) Because they need Cory to make money to help the family.
(c) Because Rose will be ashamed of Cory if he doesn't.
(d) Because Cory should learn what it's like to go to work every day.
15. When did Troy say he reformed?
(a) When he met Bono in prison.
(b) When he met and married Rose.
(c) When he heard from his father.
(d) When his son was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
2. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
3. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
4. Where does Cory work?
5. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)