|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
(a) In the war.
(b) When he fell down a flight of stairs.
(c) While loading a garbage truck.
(d) In a car accident.
2. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
(a) Steal anything ever again.
(b) Fail his classes.
(c) Strike out.
(d) Find another job.
3. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to steal a watermelon.
(b) Trying to kiss the secretary.
(c) Trying to block the driveway.
(d) Trying to leave early.
4. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
(a) Gabriel and Lyons.
(b) Troy and Gabriel.
(c) Bono and Troy.
(d) Troy and Lyons.
5. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To mow the lawn.
(b) To bring Gabriel back.
(c) To find Cory.
(d) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
6. As Troy complains about how everybody manages his money for him, Gabriel arrives carrying what?
(a) A book.
(b) A bottle of gin.
(c) A rose.
(d) A bag of coins.
7. Why does Gabriel think Troy is mad at him?
(a) Because he doesn't earn any money.
(b) Because he's been feeding stray dogs.
(c) Because he has been helping Rose too much.
(d) Because he went to live in the boarding house.
8. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
(a) He says he usually eats breakfast with Saint Peter.
(b) He says he doesn't eat breakfast.
(c) He says the ladies of the church see that he's fed.
(d) He says the angels prepare his breakfast.
9. What argument do Rose, Troy, and Bono have about grocery stores?
(a) Whether it's possible to make a profit on a small grocery store in this day and age.
(b) Whether their local grocery store is clean or not.
(c) Whether they should patronize the new supermarket on the corner.
(d) Whether you should shop where you get a good deal or where they know you.
10. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
(a) Troy says that Cory is a responsibility but that Troy doesn't have to like him.
(b) Troy says that Cory has always been too much trouble.
(c) Troy says that Rose never let Troy take part in raising Cory.
(d) Troy says that he questions who Cory's real father is.
11. After Lyons and Bono leave, Cory comes home angry with his father for what?
(a) For telling his teacher that Cory never did any homework.
(b) For telling the coach that Cory isn't allowed play football any more.
(c) For telling his boss that he didn't want Cory to work at the store any more.
(d) For telling his mother that he had stolen money from her purse.
12. When Cory answers Troy's question about whether he's just come home with "yeah," what does Troy remind him?
(a) Troy reminds Cory he should have been home a long time ago.
(b) Troy reminds Cory that he said he wouldn't go to practice on Saturday.
(c) Troy reminds Cory that he should speak in complete sentences.
(d) Troy reminds Cory to call him "sir."
13. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
(a) That the manager wants to give him a promotion.
(b) That he doesn't want to work part-time.
(c) That he quit his job.
(d) That the manager gave the job to somebody else.
14. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Gabriel and Rose's.
(b) Troy and Rose's.
(c) Rose and Cory's.
(d) Troy and Cory's.
15. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
(a) She says that she wishes Cory would look at life's possibilities.
(b) She says that she hopes to improve her life some day.
(c) She says that Bono should try to improve his life.
(d) She says that some people don't know that improving their lives is possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. After working silently for a while with Troy, Cory tries to make small talk about baseball and Troy makes which of the following comments?
2. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
3. What does Troy say about a boy who lies to his father?
4. When Rose tells Troy that Cory is home, what does Troy do?
5. What is Lyons actually doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)