|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
(a) $10, 000.
2. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
3. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(b) Troy assumes Lyons is going to ask for money.
(c) Troy assumes Lyons it going to show he has no money to buy them drinks.
(d) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Troy back.
4. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A book.
(c) A tie.
(d) A trumpet.
5. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
(a) Cory says that the recruiter had seen Troy play ball.
(b) Cory says that the recruiter says he's the best player he's seen in years.
(c) Cory says that if he's recruited he'll have a chance to go to college.
(d) Cory says that the recruiter has given him some gifts.
6. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
7. For what crime did Troy serve time in prison?
(a) He committed armed robbery.
(b) He beat up a police officer.
(c) He was caught selling drugs.
(d) He accidentally killed a man.
8. Who is Blue?
(a) A girl Bono knows.
(b) The boss.
(c) A dog.
(d) Troy's co-worker.
9. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
(b) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
(c) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(d) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
10. What is Lyons actually doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Lyons is going to show he has no money and to ask for more.
(b) Lyons plans to pay back the $10 he borrowed from Troy earlier.
(c) Lyons is going to jingle his change to show he's got money in his pocket.
(d) Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
11. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
(a) That he's not eating right at the boarding house.
(b) That he's begun acting crazy at church.
(c) That he beat up a woman.
(d) That he's been playing the lottery.
12. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
(a) Frustrated at not being able to have a professional career.
(b) Angry about arguing with a coach every day.
(c) Unhappy with his parents.
(d) Choosing something to do for which he really wasn't suited.
13. What does Troy say about Alberta?
(a) Troy says that he finds Alberta unattractive.
(b) Troy says that Alberta is sexy, but he hasn't been with her.
(c) Troy says that the boss has been having an affair with Alberta.
(d) Troy says that he thinks Alberta deserves to be promoted.
14. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
(a) Keep working at a job he hates.
(b) Go to church every Sunday.
(c) Stay married to Rose.
(d) Pay off some furniture.
15. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He fired the co-worker.
(b) He hit the co-worker.
(c) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
(d) He did nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bono say about Alberta?
2. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
3. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
4. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
5. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)