|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
2. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
(a) Choosing something to do for which he really wasn't suited.
(b) Angry about arguing with a coach every day.
(c) Unhappy with his parents.
(d) Frustrated at not being able to have a professional career.
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, what are Troy and Bono celebrating when they come home?
(a) Troy has been promoted to driver.
(b) Troy and Bono both have been given raises.
(c) Troy has won some money in the lottery.
(d) Bono is going to become a father.
4. What does Troy say about his boss?
(a) That he doesn't need to know Troy's business.
(b) That he's cheap.
(c) That he yells at Troy all the time.
(d) That he's fair.
5. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
(a) Sits down on the porch swing.
(b) Goes into the house.
(c) Leaves for the corner bar.
(d) Puts his arms around Rose.
6. What argument do Rose, Troy, and Bono have about grocery stores?
(a) Whether they should patronize the new supermarket on the corner.
(b) Whether you should shop where you get a good deal or where they know you.
(c) Whether it's possible to make a profit on a small grocery store in this day and age.
(d) Whether their local grocery store is clean or not.
7. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
(a) Troy says Bono will have to guess whether or not he's been faithful.
(b) Troy says he has only had two or three affairs since he and Rose married.
(c) Troy says he has been faithful to Rose.
(d) Troy says that he has had fewer affairs than Rose has.
8. After Rose leaves, what information about Cory does Troy reveal to Bono and Lyons?
(a) That Cory has stopped seeing his girlfriend.
(b) That Cory has friends who are dealing drugs.
(c) That Cory isn't working at the supermarket at all.
(d) That Cory has taken money from Rose's purse.
9. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To football practice.
(b) To the store.
(c) To help his grandfather.
(d) To a friend's house.
10. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
(a) Fail his classes.
(b) Steal anything ever again.
(c) Strike out.
(d) Find another job.
11. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(b) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
(c) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(d) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
12. Why does Gabriel think Troy is mad at him?
(a) Because he went to live in the boarding house.
(b) Because he doesn't earn any money.
(c) Because he has been helping Rose too much.
(d) Because he's been feeding stray dogs.
13. What does Rose say in response to Troy's comment that she's supposed to come when she's called?
(a) She says she isn't Troy's slave.
(b) She says she didn't hear Troy call her.
(c) She says she's not a dog.
(d) She says she doesn't like Troy to talk to her like that in front of Bono.
14. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
(a) About why the men received no overtime.
(b) About why black men weren't allowed to drive trucks.
(c) About why the boss didn't promote him.
(d) About why the boss paid the workers so little.
15. What does Bono say about Alberta?
(a) Bono says that he went to grade school with Alberta.
(b) Bono says that Troy has been spending a lot of time with her.
(c) Bono says that he wants to ask Alberta out.
(d) Bono says that Alberta is going to be promoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
2. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
3. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
4. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
5. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)