|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Rose and Troy are alone, what does Rose say about Troy's affair?
(a) Rose says she's been a good woman and a good wife to Troy.
(b) Rose says she can't believe he's having an affair with her friend.
(c) Rose says Cory will be disappointed in him.
(d) Rose says that she thought Bono had been dropping hints about the affair.
2. What does Rose say in response to Troy's comment that she's supposed to come when she's called?
(a) She says she doesn't like Troy to talk to her like that in front of Bono.
(b) She says she didn't hear Troy call her.
(c) She says she's not a dog.
(d) She says she isn't Troy's slave.
3. What is Rose doing when Troy arrives home with his and Alberta's baby?
(a) Sitting on the porch.
(b) Waiting at the fence for Troy.
(c) Repairing the fence.
(d) Working in the garden.
4. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
(a) That they have Cory to show for their long relationship.
(b) That it's felt longer than that to her.
(c) That she feels angry with him for using the word "stuck."
(d) That she always put her faith in him and their marriage.
5. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To figure things out.
(b) To make some more money.
(c) To decide which woman is more important to him.
(d) To find Bono and ask his advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lyons actually doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
2. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
3. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
4. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
5. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)