|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabriel know at the end of the play?
(a) That the gates of heaven are open.
(b) That Troy is not in heaven.
(c) That he's gotten his revenge.
(d) That life will be better for him now.
2. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(b) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
(c) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
(d) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
3. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Gabriel and Rose's.
(b) Troy and Rose's.
(c) Troy and Cory's.
(d) Rose and Cory's.
4. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
(a) That she always put her faith in him and their marriage.
(b) That it's felt longer than that to her.
(c) That they have Cory to show for their long relationship.
(d) That she feels angry with him for using the word "stuck."
5. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
(a) That he has turned into a good father.
(b) That he is not the good man she thought he was.
(c) That he's just a drunk.
(d) That he's had to put up with a lot in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
2. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
3. Why does Cory say he has come home?
4. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
5. How many children has Rose actually given birth to?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)