|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say that he can't stand Cory doing?
(a) Trying to get out of work.
(b) Asking Troy for money.
(c) Stepping over him.
(d) Going out at night until all hours.
2. What does Troy say to Bono before he leaves after helping Troy with the fence?
(a) He tells Bono to leave him alone.
(b) He says he will talk to Bono about his problems later.
(c) He says he hears what Bono is saying.
(d) He tells Bono about his mother's death.
3. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To drink beer and talk.
(b) To watch a football game.
(c) To complain to the boss about their pay.
(d) To take their wives to the movies.
4. Once Rose and Troy are alone, what does Rose say about Troy's affair?
(a) Rose says she's been a good woman and a good wife to Troy.
(b) Rose says Cory will be disappointed in him.
(c) Rose says that she thought Bono had been dropping hints about the affair.
(d) Rose says she can't believe he's having an affair with her friend.
5. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
(a) She kisses him passionately.
(b) She tells him to leave her alone.
(c) She tells him to wait until later.
(d) She slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
2. What is Rose's reaction when Troy asks her to help take care of Alberta's baby?
3. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
4. When Rose tells Troy that Cory is home, what does Troy do?
5. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)