|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy say he will take care of the baby?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) Because she is his responsibility.
(c) Because of his love for her mother.
(d) Because he will get state money.
2. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
(a) A song about loss.
(b) A song about traveling the roads.
(c) A song about a dog.
(d) A song about love.
3. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Because he will never die.
(b) Because of his sins.
(c) Because he has already died.
(d) Because he is too young.
4. When Cory comes out and tries to free Rose from Troy's grip, what does Troy do?
(a) He yells for Gabriel to come outside.
(b) He punches Cory.
(c) He throws Rose to the ground.
(d) He lets Rose go.
5. After working silently for a while with Troy, Cory tries to make small talk about baseball and Troy makes which of the following comments?
(a) Troy says that he wants Cory to quit the team.
(b) Troy says that there are too many Hispanics playing now.
(c) Troy says that the game isn't what it used to be.
(d) Troy says that the white men are running the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
2. What does Troy say that he can't stand Cory doing?
3. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
4. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
5. When did Troy say he reformed?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)