|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Troy been busy at work?
(a) He's driving a different route every week.
(b) He is working overtime.
(c) He's doing his job and Bono's too.
(d) His boss is pushing him.
2. What does Rose comment when Troy says that Gabriel can come and go at the boarding house just as he could at home?
(a) Rose says that it's not the same thing.
(b) Rose says that the boarding house is too expensive.
(c) Rose says that she agrees with Troy.
(d) Rose says that Gabriel doesn't understand that.
3. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
(a) He says Rose doesn't know how good she has it.
(b) He says he doesn't care what Rose thinks.
(c) He says he is in love with Alberta.
(d) He says he's doing the best he can.
4. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
(a) To convince Troy to let him go out that night.
(b) To step over Troy to get into the house.
(c) To get out of working on the fence.
(d) To get Troy to give him some money.
5. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Hit a ball out of the park.
(b) Steal second.
(c) Play in the World Series.
(d) Hit a home run.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say about a boy who lies to his father?
2. What does Rose ask Troy not to do when Troy comments that Alberta was not alone in the world?
3. What happened to Troy's mother?
4. What argument does Troy use to talk Rose into taking care of the baby?
5. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)