|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From her apron pocket.
(b) From Bono.
(c) From Cory's desk.
(d) From Troy's pay.
2. In response to what Rose tells him to do, what does Troy say he will do when the recruiter comes to the house?
(a) He says he will wait to hear Bono's opinion.
(b) He says he won't sign the papers.
(c) He says he will not ask the recruiter how much money is involved.
(d) He says he will sign the papers.
3. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
(b) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
(c) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
(d) Bono says he's not hungry.
4. After working silently for a while with Troy, Cory tries to make small talk about baseball and Troy makes which of the following comments?
(a) Troy says that the white men are running the game.
(b) Troy says that the game isn't what it used to be.
(c) Troy says that he wants Cory to quit the team.
(d) Troy says that there are too many Hispanics playing now.
5. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
(a) That Lyons wants to move in with Rose and Troy.
(b) That Lyons wants to borrow money.
(c) That Lyons wants Rose to make him breakfast.
(d) That Lyons wants to use Troy's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Troy been busy at work?
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, what are Troy and Bono celebrating when they come home?
3. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
4. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
5. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)