|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
(a) That he should not tell them to children.
(b) That there is a lot of truth in them.
(c) That they are proof that Troy drinks too much.
(d) That they are different every time.
2. What does Troy say after Cory says he's leaving and tells Rose he'll be back for his things later?
(a) He calls after him to come when Troy's not home.
(b) He yells, "Good riddance to bad rubbish!"
(c) He says he should have made the decision long before.
(d) He shouts, "Hallelujah!"
3. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
(a) The fence.
(b) The porch swing.
(c) The garden.
(d) The screen door.
4. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
(a) Rose tells Troy he's going to drink himself to death.
(b) Troy is responding to Bono's request to hear one of Troy's stories.
(c) Troy tells Rose that before long she might be on her own.
(d) Rose tells Troy that he needs to buy some life insurance.
5. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
(b) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
(c) He sits down on the porch swing.
(d) He pulls up some weeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
2. When Troy yells at Cory to get away from his (Troy's) house, what does Cory respond?
3. What argument do Rose, Troy, and Bono have about grocery stores?
4. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
5. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)