|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To figure things out.
(b) To make some more money.
(c) To find Bono and ask his advice.
(d) To decide which woman is more important to him.
2. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
(a) That Lyons wants to borrow money.
(b) That Lyons wants to move in with Rose and Troy.
(c) That Lyons wants to use Troy's car.
(d) That Lyons wants Rose to make him breakfast.
3. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to steal a watermelon.
(b) Trying to kiss the secretary.
(c) Trying to leave early.
(d) Trying to block the driveway.
4. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To watch a football game.
(b) To drink beer and talk.
(c) To complain to the boss about their pay.
(d) To take their wives to the movies.
5. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
(a) A money provider only.
(b) A bad example for Cory.
(c) Only a visitor to the house.
(d) A womanless man.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
2. What does Troy say about Alberta?
3. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
4. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
5. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)