|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
(a) Keep him from gambling.
(b) Keep him away from liquor.
(c) Come up with $50 bail.
(d) Fix things with his boss.
2. As Lyons arrives calling for her, Rose comes out to tell him what?
(a) To be quiet so he won't wake Raynell.
(b) That Troy has been taking good care of Raynell.
(c) That he should come into the house when he wants her.
(d) That he should come over more often.
3. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
(a) Steal anything ever again.
(b) Fail his classes.
(c) Find another job.
(d) Strike out.
4. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
(a) That they are proof that Troy drinks too much.
(b) That he should not tell them to children.
(c) That they are different every time.
(d) That there is a lot of truth in them.
5. When Rose agrees to take care of the baby, what does she say Troy will be from that moment on?
(a) A bad example for Cory.
(b) Only a visitor to the house.
(c) A womanless man.
(d) A money provider only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has control over Gabriel's money?
2. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
3. Gabriel had been living at the boarding house, but during Rose and Troy's conversation, it is revealed that Gabriel is now living where?
4. While Rose is grappling with the news of Troy's affair, what does Gabriel give Rose?
5. As Cory runs out of the house, late for a game, what does Rose say to him?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)