|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(b) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(c) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
(d) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
2. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
(a) That Lyons wants to move in with Rose and Troy.
(b) That Lyons wants to use Troy's car.
(c) That Lyons wants to borrow money.
(d) That Lyons wants Rose to make him breakfast.
3. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
(b) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(c) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
(d) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
4. Why has Troy been busy at work?
(a) He is working overtime.
(b) His boss is pushing him.
(c) He's doing his job and Bono's too.
(d) He's driving a different route every week.
5. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
(a) She says that some people don't know that improving their lives is possible.
(b) She says that Bono should try to improve his life.
(c) She says that she hopes to improve her life some day.
(d) She says that she wishes Cory would look at life's possibilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lyons arrives calling for her, Rose comes out to tell him what?
2. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
3. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
4. What does Cory say when Troy talks about how much he's given Cory?
5. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)