|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
(a) About spending too much money on the fence.
(b) About wasting too much time on the fence.
(c) About carrying on with two women.
(d) About alienating Cory.
2. Why does Gabriel think Troy is mad at him?
(a) Because he has been helping Rose too much.
(b) Because he went to live in the boarding house.
(c) Because he doesn't earn any money.
(d) Because he's been feeding stray dogs.
3. Who is going with Rose on her errand?
4. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(b) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(c) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(d) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
5. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
(b) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
(c) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(d) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
2. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
3. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
4. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
5. After Lyons and Bono leave, Cory comes home angry with his father for what?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)