|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He did nothing.
(b) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
(c) He hit the co-worker.
(d) He fired the co-worker.
2. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
(a) To look for money to give Rose.
(b) To find Troy.
(c) To fix a sandwich.
(d) To see if Gabriel has come back.
3. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The game.
(b) The bar.
(c) The police station.
(d) Their job.
4. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
(a) That it was good for blacks.
(b) That he knew everybody in it.
(c) That it was a stupid idea.
(d) That it had better pitchers.
5. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
(a) Troy says he has been faithful to Rose.
(b) Troy says Bono will have to guess whether or not he's been faithful.
(c) Troy says that he has had fewer affairs than Rose has.
(d) Troy says he has only had two or three affairs since he and Rose married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
2. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
3. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
4. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
5. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)