|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
(a) That he won't give the other woman up.
(b) That the woman is a friend of Rose's.
(c) That he's gotten another woman pregnant.
(d) That it's over.
2. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To football practice.
(b) To a friend's house.
(c) To the store.
(d) To help his grandfather.
3. What is Rose's reaction when Troy asks her to help take care of Alberta's baby?
(a) She tells him to go away.
(b) She walks outside the fence.
(c) She slaps Troy.
(d) She goes inside.
4. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Hit a ball out of the park.
(b) Play in the World Series.
(c) Hit a home run.
(d) Steal second.
5. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
(b) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
(c) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
(d) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Troy's mother?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
3. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
4. Left alone, what song does Troy sing?
5. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)