|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Hit a ball out of the park.
(b) Hit a home run.
(c) Steal second.
(d) Play in the World Series.
2. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
(a) Aunt Jemima.
(b) The devil.
(c) His mother.
(d) The angels.
3. What does Cory say when Troy talks about how much he's given Cory?
(a) Cory says that he wishes Troy was not his father.
(b) Cory says that Troy has only done what fathers are supposed to do.
(c) Cory says that Troy has never given him anything.
(d) Cory tells Troy all he's ever done is to hold him back.
4. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
(a) The fence.
(b) His job.
(c) His relationship with Alberta.
(d) His relationship with Rose.
5. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
(a) Cory says that the recruiter says he's the best player he's seen in years.
(b) Cory says that if he's recruited he'll have a chance to go to college.
(c) Cory says that the recruiter has given him some gifts.
(d) Cory says that the recruiter had seen Troy play ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
2. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
3. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
4. What has Lyons come to the house for in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)