|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Rose and Troy are alone, what does Rose say about Troy's affair?
(a) Rose says that she thought Bono had been dropping hints about the affair.
(b) Rose says she can't believe he's having an affair with her friend.
(c) Rose says she's been a good woman and a good wife to Troy.
(d) Rose says Cory will be disappointed in him.
2. While Cory is inside looking for another saw, what does Bono tell Troy to be careful about?
(a) About alienating Cory.
(b) About spending too much money on the fence.
(c) About wasting too much time on the fence.
(d) About carrying on with two women.
3. Why has Troy been busy at work?
(a) He's doing his job and Bono's too.
(b) His boss is pushing him.
(c) He's driving a different route every week.
(d) He is working overtime.
4. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
(a) Stay married to Rose.
(b) Go to church every Sunday.
(c) Keep working at a job he hates.
(d) Pay off some furniture.
5. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
(b) He hit the co-worker.
(c) He did nothing.
(d) He fired the co-worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Troy say to Bono before he leaves after helping Troy with the fence?
3. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
4. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
5. How long has it been since Bono has been by to see Troy?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)