|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2/3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what offense does Troy say his father once almost beat him to death?
(a) He found Troy with a girl.
(b) He found out Troy had been skipping school.
(c) He found out Troy was stealing.
(d) He caught Troy sneaking out of the house.
2. What argument do Rose, Troy, and Bono have about grocery stores?
(a) Whether their local grocery store is clean or not.
(b) Whether they should patronize the new supermarket on the corner.
(c) Whether it's possible to make a profit on a small grocery store in this day and age.
(d) Whether you should shop where you get a good deal or where they know you.
3. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
(a) Because they need Cory to make money to help the family.
(b) Because Rose will be ashamed of Cory if he doesn't.
(c) Because Cory should learn what it's like to go to work every day.
(d) Because Troy's the boss and what he says goes.
4. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
(a) He says that Rose wants to put up a barrier between them and the neighbors.
(b) He says that Rose wants to protect them because she loves them.
(c) He says that Rose's garden is important to her.
(d) He says that Rose is tired of people cutting through her yard.
5. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Troy assumes Lyons is going to ask for money.
(b) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(c) Troy assumes Lyons it going to show he has no money to buy them drinks.
(d) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Troy back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Troy doing with the baby as Rose comes out from the house and listens to him?
2. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
3. When did Troy say he reformed?
4. What argument does Troy use to talk Rose into taking care of the baby?
5. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)