|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2/3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he's not hungry.
(b) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
(c) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
(d) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
2. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because of a lack of talent.
(b) Because of racial discrimination.
(c) Because he was too old.
(d) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
3. At the beginning of Act 2, when Rose comes out and asks him to help in the kitchen, what is Cory doing?
(a) Washing the car.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Shooting baskets.
(d) Swinging Troy's baseball bat.
4. Why does the hospital contact Troy?
(a) To file a missing persons report.
(b) To sign the papers for Alberta to be put in the mental institution.
(c) To pick up his and Alberta's baby.
(d) To give blood.
5. What is Lyons actually doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Lyons is going to show he has no money and to ask for more.
(b) Lyons is going to jingle his change to show he's got money in his pocket.
(c) Lyons plans to pay back the $10 he borrowed from Troy earlier.
(d) Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gabriel think Troy is mad at him?
2. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
3. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
4. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
5. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)