|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2/3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy tell Cory in response to his explanation about the football recruiter?
(a) Troy tells Cory he needs a full-time job.
(b) Troy tells Cory he has met the recruiter.
(c) Troy tells Cory not to trust the recruiter.
(d) Troy tells Cory to give back the gifts the recruiter gave him.
2. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
(a) That he doesn't want to work part-time.
(b) That he quit his job.
(c) That the manager gave the job to somebody else.
(d) That the manager wants to give him a promotion.
3. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
(a) The fence.
(b) The garden.
(c) The porch swing.
(d) The screen door.
4. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
(a) When he fell down a flight of stairs.
(b) In the war.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) While loading a garbage truck.
5. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
(b) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(c) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
(d) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say that angers Troy so much that he grabs her arm when she starts to go in the house?
2. When did Troy say he reformed?
3. After working silently for a while with Troy, Cory tries to make small talk about baseball and Troy makes which of the following comments?
4. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
5. After Rose and Troy discuss Gabriel, what does Troy tell Rose to do?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)