|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2/3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because of a lack of talent.
(b) Because he was too old.
(c) Because of racial discrimination.
(d) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
2. When Lyons appears, what makes Troy ask him why he's not in jail?
(a) A club where Lyons plays got raided.
(b) Troy is implying that Lyons stole his money,
(c) Troy often poses this question to Lyons.
(d) Bono told Troy that three of Lyons' friends were in jail.
3. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
(a) The fence.
(b) His job.
(c) His relationship with Alberta.
(d) His relationship with Rose.
4. When did Troy say he reformed?
(a) When his son was born.
(b) When he met Bono in prison.
(c) When he heard from his father.
(d) When he met and married Rose.
5. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
(a) That he is not the good man she thought he was.
(b) That he has turned into a good father.
(c) That he's had to put up with a lot in his life.
(d) That he's just a drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
2. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
3. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
4. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
5. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)