|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2/3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
(a) Choosing something to do for which he really wasn't suited.
(b) Frustrated at not being able to have a professional career.
(c) Unhappy with his parents.
(d) Angry about arguing with a coach every day.
2. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
(a) That he's gotten another woman pregnant.
(b) That he won't give the other woman up.
(c) That it's over.
(d) That the woman is a friend of Rose's.
3. Gabriel had been living at the boarding house, but during Rose and Troy's conversation, it is revealed that Gabriel is now living where?
(a) In an asylum.
(b) At the boarding house.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At the bar.
4. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to kiss the secretary.
(b) Trying to leave early.
(c) Trying to block the driveway.
(d) Trying to steal a watermelon.
5. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
(a) Troy says he has only had two or three affairs since he and Rose married.
(b) Troy says Bono will have to guess whether or not he's been faithful.
(c) Troy says that he has had fewer affairs than Rose has.
(d) Troy says he has been faithful to Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, what are Troy and Bono celebrating when they come home?
2. What does Troy say about Alberta?
3. When Rose tells Troy that Cory is home, what does Troy do?
4. What is Troy doing with the baby as Rose comes out from the house and listens to him?
5. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)