|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2/3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument does Troy use to talk Rose into taking care of the baby?
(a) He says that Rose is a wonderful mother.
(b) He says the baby hasn't done anything to hurt her.
(c) He says that the baby is his child.
(d) He says that Rose has always wanted a daughter.
2. What does Rose say that angers Troy so much that he grabs her arm when she starts to go in the house?
(a) Rose says Troy is a taker not a giver.
(b) Rose says that Troy can just go ahead and live with Alberta.
(c) Rose says she's going to tell Cory the truth.
(d) Rose says that she is going to leave Troy.
3. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Troy and Cory's.
(b) Gabriel and Rose's.
(c) Rose and Cory's.
(d) Troy and Rose's.
4. In his monologue, what does Troy say he's going to finish?
(a) The fence.
(b) His job.
(c) His relationship with Rose.
(d) His relationship with Alberta.
5. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
(a) About why the boss didn't promote him.
(b) About why black men weren't allowed to drive trucks.
(c) About why the men received no overtime.
(d) About why the boss paid the workers so little.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
2. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
3. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
4. After she has dealt with the reality of Troy's affair, what does Rose tell him about her feelings concerning the affair?
5. After Rose and Troy discuss Gabriel, what does Troy tell Rose to do?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)