|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
(a) Cory would not be going to college.
(b) Gabriel would have gambled the money away.
(c) He and Rose would have no home.
(d) Gabriel would not have had surgery.
2. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From her apron pocket.
(b) From Bono.
(c) From Troy's pay.
(d) From Cory's desk.
3. For what crime did Troy serve time in prison?
(a) He beat up a police officer.
(b) He accidentally killed a man.
(c) He was caught selling drugs.
(d) He committed armed robbery.
4. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To watch a football game.
(b) To complain to the boss about their pay.
(c) To drink beer and talk.
(d) To take their wives to the movies.
5. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
(b) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
(c) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(d) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Blue?
2. In response to what Rose tells him to do, what does Troy say he will do when the recruiter comes to the house?
3. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
4. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
5. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)