|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(b) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
(c) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(d) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
2. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He takes a long drink of beer.
(b) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(c) He says she should argue that point with their son.
(d) He agrees with her.
3. After Lyons and Bono leave, Cory comes home angry with his father for what?
(a) For telling the coach that Cory isn't allowed play football any more.
(b) For telling his boss that he didn't want Cory to work at the store any more.
(c) For telling his teacher that Cory never did any homework.
(d) For telling his mother that he had stolen money from her purse.
4. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
(a) He says the ladies of the church see that he's fed.
(b) He says the angels prepare his breakfast.
(c) He says he usually eats breakfast with Saint Peter.
(d) He says he doesn't eat breakfast.
5. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
2. After working silently for a while with Troy, Cory tries to make small talk about baseball and Troy makes which of the following comments?
3. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
4. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
5. What does Troy say about Alberta?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)