|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) They are not related.
(b) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
(c) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(d) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
2. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
(b) She is watering the garden.
(c) She is taking clothes off the line.
(d) She is mowing the lawn.
3. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
(a) He says that Aaron is going to burn out in no time.
(b) He says that that's only one example.
(c) He says that Aaron is a sellout.
(d) He says that he was a better player than Aaron.
4. After Rose leaves, what information about Cory does Troy reveal to Bono and Lyons?
(a) That Cory has stopped seeing his girlfriend.
(b) That Cory isn't working at the supermarket at all.
(c) That Cory has taken money from Rose's purse.
(d) That Cory has friends who are dealing drugs.
5. What does Troy say about his boss?
(a) That he's cheap.
(b) That he yells at Troy all the time.
(c) That he doesn't need to know Troy's business.
(d) That he's fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
2. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
3. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
4. What does Troy say about a boy who lies to his father?
5. After working silently for a while with Troy, Cory tries to make small talk about baseball and Troy makes which of the following comments?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)