|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
(a) He and Rose would have no home.
(b) Cory would not be going to college.
(c) Gabriel would not have had surgery.
(d) Gabriel would have gambled the money away.
2. For what crime did Troy serve time in prison?
(a) He accidentally killed a man.
(b) He committed armed robbery.
(c) He was caught selling drugs.
(d) He beat up a police officer.
3. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
(a) To look for money to give Rose.
(b) To see if Gabriel has come back.
(c) To find Troy.
(d) To fix a sandwich.
4. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
(a) Pay off some furniture.
(b) Keep working at a job he hates.
(c) Go to church every Sunday.
(d) Stay married to Rose.
5. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(b) He agrees with her.
(c) He takes a long drink of beer.
(d) He says she should argue that point with their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say about his boss?
2. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
3. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
4. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
5. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)