|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
2. What does Troy tell Cory in response to his explanation about the football recruiter?
(a) Troy tells Cory he needs a full-time job.
(b) Troy tells Cory not to trust the recruiter.
(c) Troy tells Cory he has met the recruiter.
(d) Troy tells Cory to give back the gifts the recruiter gave him.
3. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
(a) Troy says that Rose never let Troy take part in raising Cory.
(b) Troy says that he questions who Cory's real father is.
(c) Troy says that Cory is a responsibility but that Troy doesn't have to like him.
(d) Troy says that Cory has always been too much trouble.
4. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
(a) He says that he was a better player than Aaron.
(b) He says that that's only one example.
(c) He says that Aaron is going to burn out in no time.
(d) He says that Aaron is a sellout.
5. What does Troy remember about his own father?
(a) That he was selfish and angry at the world.
(b) That he was tough but understanding.
(c) That he didn't like Troy.
(d) That he was deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
2. As Troy complains about how everybody manages his money for him, Gabriel arrives carrying what?
3. What does Troy say about his boss?
4. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
5. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)