|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
(b) To mow the lawn.
(c) To find Cory.
(d) To bring Gabriel back.
2. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
(b) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(c) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
(d) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
3. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(b) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
(c) They are not related.
(d) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
4. Why does Gabriel think Troy is mad at him?
(a) Because he has been helping Rose too much.
(b) Because he went to live in the boarding house.
(c) Because he's been feeding stray dogs.
(d) Because he doesn't earn any money.
5. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
(a) Go to church every Sunday.
(b) Pay off some furniture.
(c) Keep working at a job he hates.
(d) Stay married to Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
2. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
3. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
4. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
5. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)