|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose comment when Troy says that Gabriel can come and go at the boarding house just as he could at home?
(a) Rose says that the boarding house is too expensive.
(b) Rose says that it's not the same thing.
(c) Rose says that Gabriel doesn't understand that.
(d) Rose says that she agrees with Troy.
2. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
(a) She is cutting the grass.
(b) She is hanging out clothes to dry.
(c) She is weeding the garden.
(d) She is putting the trash out for collection.
3. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
(a) Because they need Cory to make money to help the family.
(b) Because Rose will be ashamed of Cory if he doesn't.
(c) Because Cory should learn what it's like to go to work every day.
(d) Because Troy's the boss and what he says goes.
4. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
(a) Gabriel would not have had surgery.
(b) Cory would not be going to college.
(c) Gabriel would have gambled the money away.
(d) He and Rose would have no home.
5. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is mowing the lawn.
(b) She is watering the garden.
(c) She is taking clothes off the line.
(d) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lyons appears, what makes Troy ask him why he's not in jail?
2. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
3. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
4. After Lyons and Bono leave, Cory comes home angry with his father for what?
5. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)