|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
(a) He says that Gabriel has plenty of people looking out for him.
(b) He says that Gabriel is fine and not to worry.
(c) He says that Gabriel likes Rose to feel sorry for him.
(d) He says they should look in on Gabriel more often.
2. After working silently for a while with Troy, Cory tries to make small talk about baseball and Troy makes which of the following comments?
(a) Troy says that the game isn't what it used to be.
(b) Troy says that he wants Cory to quit the team.
(c) Troy says that there are too many Hispanics playing now.
(d) Troy says that the white men are running the game.
3. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
(a) Troy and Gabriel.
(b) Troy and Lyons.
(c) Bono and Troy.
(d) Gabriel and Lyons.
4. Why does Gabriel think Troy is mad at him?
(a) Because he went to live in the boarding house.
(b) Because he has been helping Rose too much.
(c) Because he doesn't earn any money.
(d) Because he's been feeding stray dogs.
5. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Because he will never die.
(b) Because of his sins.
(c) Because he has already died.
(d) Because he is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose tell Troy he should do when the football recruiter comes to the house?
2. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
3. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
4. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
5. Who does Gabriel think he is?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)