|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
(b) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
(c) It was gambled away.
(d) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
2. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(b) He agrees with her.
(c) He says she should argue that point with their son.
(d) He takes a long drink of beer.
3. What does Rose say in response to Troy's comment that she's supposed to come when she's called?
(a) She says she didn't hear Troy call her.
(b) She says she doesn't like Troy to talk to her like that in front of Bono.
(c) She says she's not a dog.
(d) She says she isn't Troy's slave.
4. For what crime did Troy serve time in prison?
(a) He accidentally killed a man.
(b) He was caught selling drugs.
(c) He committed armed robbery.
(d) He beat up a police officer.
5. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From Cory's desk.
(b) From Troy's pay.
(c) From her apron pocket.
(d) From Bono.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Cory goes inside after he is finished helping Troy for the day, what does Rose ask Troy?
2. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
3. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
4. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
5. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)