|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Troy complains about how everybody manages his money for him, Gabriel arrives carrying what?
(a) A book.
(b) A bottle of gin.
(c) A rose.
(d) A bag of coins.
2. Once Cory goes inside after he is finished helping Troy for the day, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Why he won't let Cory play football.
(b) Why he thinks Cory isn't talented at football.
(c) Why he thinks football isn't as good a sport as baseball.
(d) Why he never takes Cory out anywhere.
3. Why does Gabriel think Troy is mad at him?
(a) Because he has been helping Rose too much.
(b) Because he doesn't earn any money.
(c) Because he went to live in the boarding house.
(d) Because he's been feeding stray dogs.
4. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
(a) Unhappy with his parents.
(b) Angry about arguing with a coach every day.
(c) Choosing something to do for which he really wasn't suited.
(d) Frustrated at not being able to have a professional career.
5. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
(a) He says that he plans to buy back his first home some day.
(b) He says it was the only house he ever loved.
(c) He says it was lousy and he doesn't know why he stayed there as long as he did.
(d) He says he let his wife talk him into staying there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
2. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
3. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
4. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
5. What does Bono say about Alberta?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)