|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
(a) He says the lottery is a waste of money.
(b) He says the lottery is going to be stopped.
(c) He says the neighbor has been spending money on the lottery for years.
(d) He says the neighbor didn't deserve to win.
2. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
(b) They are not related.
(c) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(d) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
3. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Troy assumes Lyons is going to ask for money.
(b) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Troy back.
(c) Troy assumes Lyons it going to show he has no money to buy them drinks.
(d) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
4. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
(a) Fail his classes.
(b) Strike out.
(c) Find another job.
(d) Steal anything ever again.
5. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
(a) That he's begun acting crazy at church.
(b) That he's not eating right at the boarding house.
(c) That he's been playing the lottery.
(d) That he beat up a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
2. Who is Blue?
3. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
4. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
5. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)