|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
(a) Because they need Cory to make money to help the family.
(b) Because Troy's the boss and what he says goes.
(c) Because Rose will be ashamed of Cory if he doesn't.
(d) Because Cory should learn what it's like to go to work every day.
2. What does Rose say in response to Troy's comment that she's supposed to come when she's called?
(a) She says she's not a dog.
(b) She says she isn't Troy's slave.
(c) She says she doesn't like Troy to talk to her like that in front of Bono.
(d) She says she didn't hear Troy call her.
3. When did Troy say he reformed?
(a) When his son was born.
(b) When he heard from his father.
(c) When he met Bono in prison.
(d) When he met and married Rose.
4. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
(a) She is hanging out clothes to dry.
(b) She is cutting the grass.
(c) She is putting the trash out for collection.
(d) She is weeding the garden.
5. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
(a) That it was a stupid idea.
(b) That it was good for blacks.
(c) That it had better pitchers.
(d) That he knew everybody in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
2. What does Bono say about Alberta?
3. Once Cory goes inside after he is finished helping Troy for the day, what does Rose ask Troy?
4. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
5. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)