|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Troy's mother?
(a) She ran off when Troy was eight.
(b) She shot Troy's father and was sent to prison.
(c) She died when Troy was a baby.
(d) She went to live with Troy's sister.
2. When Troy says that blacks or Hispanics aren't being allowed to play baseball to their potential, how does Cory respond?
(a) Cory says the blacks are better players than the Hispanics.
(b) Cory agrees with his father.
(c) Cory says the Hispanics are better players than the blacks.
(d) Cory gives examples of black players who are doing well.
3. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
(b) He fired the co-worker.
(c) He did nothing.
(d) He hit the co-worker.
4. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From her apron pocket.
(b) From Bono.
(c) From Cory's desk.
(d) From Troy's pay.
5. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He pulls up some weeds.
(b) He sits down on the porch swing.
(c) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
(d) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say in response to Troy's comment that she's supposed to come when she's called?
2. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
3. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
4. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
5. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)