|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is mowing the lawn.
(b) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
(c) She is taking clothes off the line.
(d) She is watering the garden.
2. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
(a) Troy says that Rose never let Troy take part in raising Cory.
(b) Troy says that Cory has always been too much trouble.
(c) Troy says that he questions who Cory's real father is.
(d) Troy says that Cory is a responsibility but that Troy doesn't have to like him.
3. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
(b) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
(c) It was gambled away.
(d) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
4. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
(a) Stay married to Rose.
(b) Pay off some furniture.
(c) Keep working at a job he hates.
(d) Go to church every Sunday.
5. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To football practice.
(b) To help his grandfather.
(c) To the store.
(d) To a friend's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
2. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
3. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
4. Troy says that all he's got strength to do is __________ (fill in the blank).
5. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)