|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It was gambled away.
(b) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
(c) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
(d) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
2. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
(a) While loading a garbage truck.
(b) When he fell down a flight of stairs.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In the war.
3. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
(a) She is hanging out clothes to dry.
(b) She is weeding the garden.
(c) She is cutting the grass.
(d) She is putting the trash out for collection.
4. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
(a) She tells him to wait until later.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She tells him to leave her alone.
(d) She kisses him passionately.
5. What does Bono say about Alberta?
(a) Bono says that he went to grade school with Alberta.
(b) Bono says that he wants to ask Alberta out.
(c) Bono says that Alberta is going to be promoted.
(d) Bono says that Troy has been spending a lot of time with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
2. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
3. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
4. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
5. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)