|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
(a) Rose tells Troy that he needs to buy some life insurance.
(b) Troy tells Rose that before long she might be on her own.
(c) Troy is responding to Bono's request to hear one of Troy's stories.
(d) Rose tells Troy he's going to drink himself to death.
2. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
(a) That Bono should come back on Saturday for dinner.
(b) That he plans to confront the boss again on Monday.
(c) That Rose will make them both breakfast on Monday morning.
(d) Not to bother coming because he'll still be making love with Rose.
3. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
(b) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
(c) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(d) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
4. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
(a) That he did a good job.
(b) That he's talented at football.
(c) That Troy loves him.
(d) That Cory should do whatever he wants.
5. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
(a) When he fell down a flight of stairs.
(b) While loading a garbage truck.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
2. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
3. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
4. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
5. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)