|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
(a) He says that Aaron is going to burn out in no time.
(b) He says that he was a better player than Aaron.
(c) He says that Aaron is a sellout.
(d) He says that that's only one example.
2. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
(a) That Rose and Troy are still together.
(b) That Troy has never beaten him.
(c) That Troy is a good church-going man.
(d) That Troy put a roof over his head and food in his mouth.
3. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
(a) Goes into the house.
(b) Leaves for the corner bar.
(c) Puts his arms around Rose.
(d) Sits down on the porch swing.
4. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She tells him to leave her alone.
(c) She tells him to wait until later.
(d) She kisses him passionately.
5. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(b) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(c) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
(d) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
2. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
3. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
4. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
5. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)