|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He sits down on the porch swing.
(b) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
(c) He pulls up some weeds.
(d) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
2. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
(a) Cory says that the recruiter had seen Troy play ball.
(b) Cory says that if he's recruited he'll have a chance to go to college.
(c) Cory says that the recruiter has given him some gifts.
(d) Cory says that the recruiter says he's the best player he's seen in years.
3. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
(a) Troy and Lyons.
(b) Bono and Troy.
(c) Gabriel and Lyons.
(d) Troy and Gabriel.
4. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
(a) She is cutting the grass.
(b) She is weeding the garden.
(c) She is hanging out clothes to dry.
(d) She is putting the trash out for collection.
5. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
(a) That he beat up a woman.
(b) That he's not eating right at the boarding house.
(c) That he's begun acting crazy at church.
(d) That he's been playing the lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
2. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
3. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
4. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
5. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)