|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To mow the lawn.
(b) To bring Gabriel back.
(c) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
(d) To find Cory.
2. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
(a) He says he hears the hounds of hell coming after him.
(b) He says Saint Peter needs him immediately.
(c) He is angry with Troy for lecturing him.
(d) He is afraid of the noise from the trash trucks.
3. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
(a) He says that that's only one example.
(b) He says that he was a better player than Aaron.
(c) He says that Aaron is going to burn out in no time.
(d) He says that Aaron is a sellout.
4. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
(a) Goes into the house.
(b) Leaves for the corner bar.
(c) Sits down on the porch swing.
(d) Puts his arms around Rose.
5. When Rose tells Troy that Cory is home, what does Troy do?
(a) Troy yells for Cory to come out and talk to him.
(b) Troy punches the house.
(c) Troy tells Rose to keep Cory away from him.
(d) Troy yells at Rose for not telling her right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Troy says that blacks or Hispanics aren't being allowed to play baseball to their potential, how does Cory respond?
2. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
3. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
4. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
5. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)