|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
(b) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(c) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(d) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
2. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
(a) Troy is responding to Bono's request to hear one of Troy's stories.
(b) Troy tells Rose that before long she might be on her own.
(c) Rose tells Troy that he needs to buy some life insurance.
(d) Rose tells Troy he's going to drink himself to death.
3. Where does Cory work?
(a) At the supermarket.
(b) At the convenience store.
(c) At the football concession stand.
(d) At the car repair shop.
4. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
(a) That he quit his job.
(b) That he doesn't want to work part-time.
(c) That the manager gave the job to somebody else.
(d) That the manager wants to give him a promotion.
5. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
(a) Troy says that Cory has always been too much trouble.
(b) Troy says that Cory is a responsibility but that Troy doesn't have to like him.
(c) Troy says that he questions who Cory's real father is.
(d) Troy says that Rose never let Troy take part in raising Cory.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
2. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
3. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
4. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
5. Who does Gabriel think he is?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)