|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
(b) Because of a lack of talent.
(c) Because of racial discrimination.
(d) Because he was too old.
2. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
(b) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(c) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
(d) They are not related.
3. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
(a) He says the neighbor didn't deserve to win.
(b) He says the lottery is going to be stopped.
(c) He says the neighbor has been spending money on the lottery for years.
(d) He says the lottery is a waste of money.
4. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A book.
(c) A tie.
(d) A trumpet.
5. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He says she should argue that point with their son.
(b) He takes a long drink of beer.
(c) He agrees with her.
(d) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Troy says that blacks or Hispanics aren't being allowed to play baseball to their potential, how does Cory respond?
2. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
3. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
4. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
5. What does Bono say about Alberta?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)