|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because of racial discrimination.
(b) Because of a lack of talent.
(c) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
(d) Because he was too old.
2. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
(a) That Lyons wants to move in with Rose and Troy.
(b) That Lyons wants to use Troy's car.
(c) That Lyons wants to borrow money.
(d) That Lyons wants Rose to make him breakfast.
3. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
(a) That Troy loves him.
(b) That he's talented at football.
(c) That Cory should do whatever he wants.
(d) That he did a good job.
4. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
(a) That he doesn't want to work part-time.
(b) That he quit his job.
(c) That the manager wants to give him a promotion.
(d) That the manager gave the job to somebody else.
5. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy tell Cory in response to his explanation about the football recruiter?
2. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
3. When Rose tells Troy that Cory is home, what does Troy do?
4. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
5. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)