|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
2. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
(a) He says the angels prepare his breakfast.
(b) He says he usually eats breakfast with Saint Peter.
(c) He says the ladies of the church see that he's fed.
(d) He says he doesn't eat breakfast.
3. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He did nothing.
(b) He fired the co-worker.
(c) He hit the co-worker.
(d) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
4. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to leave early.
(b) Trying to block the driveway.
(c) Trying to steal a watermelon.
(d) Trying to kiss the secretary.
5. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
(a) That he beat up a woman.
(b) That he's not eating right at the boarding house.
(c) That he's begun acting crazy at church.
(d) That he's been playing the lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
2. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
3. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
4. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
5. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)