|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Because he is too young.
(b) Because of his sins.
(c) Because he will never die.
(d) Because he has already died.
2. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
(a) Troy is responding to Bono's request to hear one of Troy's stories.
(b) Troy tells Rose that before long she might be on her own.
(c) Rose tells Troy he's going to drink himself to death.
(d) Rose tells Troy that he needs to buy some life insurance.
3. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) They are not related.
(b) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
(c) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(d) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
4. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
(a) That there is a lot of truth in them.
(b) That they are different every time.
(c) That he should not tell them to children.
(d) That they are proof that Troy drinks too much.
5. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To drink beer and talk.
(b) To complain to the boss about their pay.
(c) To watch a football game.
(d) To take their wives to the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
2. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
3. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
4. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
5. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)