|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument do Rose, Troy, and Bono have about grocery stores?
(a) Whether they should patronize the new supermarket on the corner.
(b) Whether it's possible to make a profit on a small grocery store in this day and age.
(c) Whether you should shop where you get a good deal or where they know you.
(d) Whether their local grocery store is clean or not.
2. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A tie.
(c) A book.
(d) A suitcase.
3. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
(b) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
(c) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
(d) It was gambled away.
4. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
(c) $10, 000.
5. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
2. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
3. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
4. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
5. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)