|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To drink beer and talk.
(b) To complain to the boss about their pay.
(c) To take their wives to the movies.
(d) To watch a football game.
2. What does Troy say about Alberta?
(a) Troy says that Alberta is sexy, but he hasn't been with her.
(b) Troy says that he finds Alberta unattractive.
(c) Troy says that the boss has been having an affair with Alberta.
(d) Troy says that he thinks Alberta deserves to be promoted.
3. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To help his grandfather.
(b) To the store.
(c) To a friend's house.
(d) To football practice.
4. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
(b) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(c) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
(d) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
5. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to leave early.
(b) Trying to kiss the secretary.
(c) Trying to steal a watermelon.
(d) Trying to block the driveway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
2. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
3. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
4. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
5. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)