|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
(a) About why the boss paid the workers so little.
(b) About why the men received no overtime.
(c) About why black men weren't allowed to drive trucks.
(d) About why the boss didn't promote him.
2. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He fired the co-worker.
(b) He did nothing.
(c) He hit the co-worker.
(d) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
3. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
(b) They are not related.
(c) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
(d) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
4. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
(b) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(c) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(d) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
5. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
(a) He says that Gabriel likes Rose to feel sorry for him.
(b) He says that Gabriel is fine and not to worry.
(c) He says that Gabriel has plenty of people looking out for him.
(d) He says they should look in on Gabriel more often.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
2. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
3. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
4. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
5. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)