|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
(a) About why the boss didn't promote him.
(b) About why the boss paid the workers so little.
(c) About why black men weren't allowed to drive trucks.
(d) About why the men received no overtime.
2. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To a friend's house.
(b) To the store.
(c) To help his grandfather.
(d) To football practice.
3. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) While loading a garbage truck.
(c) In the war.
(d) When he fell down a flight of stairs.
4. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
5. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
(d) $10, 000.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
2. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
3. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
4. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
5. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)