|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Troy wants Cory to mow the lawn.
(b) Troy wants Cory to help build the fence.
(c) Troy wants Cory to spend more time at home.
(d) Troy wants Cory to go to the store for him.
2. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To bring Gabriel back.
(b) To mow the lawn.
(c) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
(d) To find Cory.
3. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(b) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(c) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(d) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
4. What does Troy say about Alberta?
(a) Troy says that he thinks Alberta deserves to be promoted.
(b) Troy says that Alberta is sexy, but he hasn't been with her.
(c) Troy says that he finds Alberta unattractive.
(d) Troy says that the boss has been having an affair with Alberta.
5. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to block the driveway.
(b) Trying to steal a watermelon.
(c) Trying to kiss the secretary.
(d) Trying to leave early.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
2. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
3. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
4. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
5. Where does Cory work?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)