|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(b) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(c) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
(d) Because Cory isn't really talented.
2. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
(a) That Bono should come back on Saturday for dinner.
(b) That Rose will make them both breakfast on Monday morning.
(c) Not to bother coming because he'll still be making love with Rose.
(d) That he plans to confront the boss again on Monday.
3. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To drink beer and talk.
(b) To take their wives to the movies.
(c) To watch a football game.
(d) To complain to the boss about their pay.
4. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(b) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(c) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
(d) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
5. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Because he has already died.
(b) Because of his sins.
(c) Because he is too young.
(d) Because he will never die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
2. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
3. What does Bono say about Alberta?
4. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
5. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)