|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
(b) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(c) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
(d) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
2. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
3. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
(a) Troy and Gabriel.
(b) Bono and Troy.
(c) Troy and Lyons.
(d) Gabriel and Lyons.
4. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he's not hungry.
(b) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
(c) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
(d) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
5. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(b) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(c) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(d) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
2. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
3. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
4. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
5. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)