|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
(a) Not to bother coming because he'll still be making love with Rose.
(b) That he plans to confront the boss again on Monday.
(c) That Rose will make them both breakfast on Monday morning.
(d) That Bono should come back on Saturday for dinner.
2. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
(b) Bono says he's not hungry.
(c) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
(d) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
3. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
(a) That there is a lot of truth in them.
(b) That he should not tell them to children.
(c) That they are different every time.
(d) That they are proof that Troy drinks too much.
4. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
5. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
(a) That he's been playing the lottery.
(b) That he beat up a woman.
(c) That he's not eating right at the boarding house.
(d) That he's begun acting crazy at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
2. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
3. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
4. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
5. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)