|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He takes a long drink of beer.
(b) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(c) He agrees with her.
(d) He says she should argue that point with their son.
2. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
(a) In the war.
(b) When he fell down a flight of stairs.
(c) While loading a garbage truck.
(d) In a car accident.
3. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(b) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
(c) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(d) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
4. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
(b) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(c) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
(d) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
5. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
(a) He says he hears the hounds of hell coming after him.
(b) He is angry with Troy for lecturing him.
(c) He is afraid of the noise from the trash trucks.
(d) He says Saint Peter needs him immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
2. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
3. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
4. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
5. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)