|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
(a) Pay off some furniture.
(b) Go to church every Sunday.
(c) Stay married to Rose.
(d) Keep working at a job he hates.
2. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
(a) In the war.
(b) When he fell down a flight of stairs.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) While loading a garbage truck.
3. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
(b) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(c) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
(d) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
4. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
(a) That he's begun acting crazy at church.
(b) That he's been playing the lottery.
(c) That he's not eating right at the boarding house.
(d) That he beat up a woman.
5. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
(a) He says the angels prepare his breakfast.
(b) He says he usually eats breakfast with Saint Peter.
(c) He says the ladies of the church see that he's fed.
(d) He says he doesn't eat breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriel think he is?
2. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
4. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
5. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)