|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He did nothing.
(b) He hit the co-worker.
(c) He fired the co-worker.
(d) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
2. What does Bono say about Alberta?
(a) Bono says that he wants to ask Alberta out.
(b) Bono says that Troy has been spending a lot of time with her.
(c) Bono says that Alberta is going to be promoted.
(d) Bono says that he went to grade school with Alberta.
3. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
4. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
(a) Stay married to Rose.
(b) Go to church every Sunday.
(c) Pay off some furniture.
(d) Keep working at a job he hates.
5. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
(a) He is afraid of the noise from the trash trucks.
(b) He says he hears the hounds of hell coming after him.
(c) He is angry with Troy for lecturing him.
(d) He says Saint Peter needs him immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
2. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
3. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
4. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
5. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)