|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
(a) He says he usually eats breakfast with Saint Peter.
(b) He says the ladies of the church see that he's fed.
(c) He says the angels prepare his breakfast.
(d) He says he doesn't eat breakfast.
2. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
(d) $10, 000.
3. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
(b) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(c) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
(d) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
4. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(b) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
(c) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(d) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
5. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To the store.
(b) To a friend's house.
(c) To help his grandfather.
(d) To football practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
2. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
3. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
4. Where does Cory work?
5. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)