|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He did nothing.
(b) He fired the co-worker.
(c) He hit the co-worker.
(d) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
2. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
(b) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(c) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(d) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
3. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(c) He takes a long drink of beer.
(d) He says she should argue that point with their son.
4. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
(b) To find Cory.
(c) To bring Gabriel back.
(d) To mow the lawn.
5. What does Bono say about Alberta?
(a) Bono says that Troy has been spending a lot of time with her.
(b) Bono says that he went to grade school with Alberta.
(c) Bono says that he wants to ask Alberta out.
(d) Bono says that Alberta is going to be promoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriel think he is?
2. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
3. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
4. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
5. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)