|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To take their wives to the movies.
(b) To watch a football game.
(c) To complain to the boss about their pay.
(d) To drink beer and talk.
2. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He did nothing.
(b) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
(c) He hit the co-worker.
(d) He fired the co-worker.
3. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
(a) He says the lottery is a waste of money.
(b) He says the lottery is going to be stopped.
(c) He says the neighbor has been spending money on the lottery for years.
(d) He says the neighbor didn't deserve to win.
4. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
(a) He says that Gabriel likes Rose to feel sorry for him.
(b) He says they should look in on Gabriel more often.
(c) He says that Gabriel has plenty of people looking out for him.
(d) He says that Gabriel is fine and not to worry.
5. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
(a) The angels.
(b) The devil.
(c) His mother.
(d) Aunt Jemima.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriel think he is?
2. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
3. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
4. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
5. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)