|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He takes a long drink of beer.
(b) He says she should argue that point with their son.
(c) He agrees with her.
(d) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
2. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(b) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(c) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(d) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
3. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
(b) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(c) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(d) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
4. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
(a) Not to bother coming because he'll still be making love with Rose.
(b) That Rose will make them both breakfast on Monday morning.
(c) That Bono should come back on Saturday for dinner.
(d) That he plans to confront the boss again on Monday.
5. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
(a) That he should not tell them to children.
(b) That there is a lot of truth in them.
(c) That they are different every time.
(d) That they are proof that Troy drinks too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
2. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
3. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
4. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
5. What does Troy say about Alberta?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)