|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Troy and Cory's.
(b) Gabriel and Rose's.
(c) Troy and Rose's.
(d) Rose and Cory's.
2. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
(b) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
(c) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(d) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
3. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
(a) That he plans to confront the boss again on Monday.
(b) That Rose will make them both breakfast on Monday morning.
(c) Not to bother coming because he'll still be making love with Rose.
(d) That Bono should come back on Saturday for dinner.
4. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
(a) She is weeding the garden.
(b) She is hanging out clothes to dry.
(c) She is putting the trash out for collection.
(d) She is cutting the grass.
5. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
(a) The angels.
(b) The devil.
(c) His mother.
(d) Aunt Jemima.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
2. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
3. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
4. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
5. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)