|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
(a) He says that Gabriel is fine and not to worry.
(b) He says that Gabriel has plenty of people looking out for him.
(c) He says they should look in on Gabriel more often.
(d) He says that Gabriel likes Rose to feel sorry for him.
2. Where does Cory work?
(a) At the convenience store.
(b) At the supermarket.
(c) At the car repair shop.
(d) At the football concession stand.
3. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(b) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
(c) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
(d) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
4. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
(a) A book.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A tie.
(d) A trumpet.
5. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
(b) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
(c) It was gambled away.
(d) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
2. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
3. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
4. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
5. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)