|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
(a) To football practice.
(b) To help his grandfather.
(c) To the store.
(d) To a friend's house.
2. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Troy wants Cory to go to the store for him.
(b) Troy wants Cory to spend more time at home.
(c) Troy wants Cory to help build the fence.
(d) Troy wants Cory to mow the lawn.
3. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
(b) To find Cory.
(c) To bring Gabriel back.
(d) To mow the lawn.
4. What argument do Rose, Troy, and Bono have about grocery stores?
(a) Whether you should shop where you get a good deal or where they know you.
(b) Whether they should patronize the new supermarket on the corner.
(c) Whether their local grocery store is clean or not.
(d) Whether it's possible to make a profit on a small grocery store in this day and age.
5. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
2. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
3. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
4. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
5. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)