|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument do Rose, Troy, and Bono have about grocery stores?
(a) Whether their local grocery store is clean or not.
(b) Whether they should patronize the new supermarket on the corner.
(c) Whether it's possible to make a profit on a small grocery store in this day and age.
(d) Whether you should shop where you get a good deal or where they know you.
2. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
(a) They tell Bono about the time Rose's mother chased Troy.
(b) They tell Bono about how Rose talked Troy into marrying her.
(c) They tell Bono about the time the kids stole some watermelons.
(d) They tell Bono how Rose got Troy fired from his job.
3. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
(a) Stay married to Rose.
(b) Keep working at a job he hates.
(c) Pay off some furniture.
(d) Go to church every Sunday.
4. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
(a) Troy is responding to Bono's request to hear one of Troy's stories.
(b) Rose tells Troy that he needs to buy some life insurance.
(c) Troy tells Rose that before long she might be on her own.
(d) Rose tells Troy he's going to drink himself to death.
5. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
(b) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
(c) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(d) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
2. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
3. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
4. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
5. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)