|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
(a) That there is a lot of truth in them.
(b) That he should not tell them to children.
(c) That they are proof that Troy drinks too much.
(d) That they are different every time.
2. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
(a) She says that some people don't know that improving their lives is possible.
(b) She says that Bono should try to improve his life.
(c) She says that she hopes to improve her life some day.
(d) She says that she wishes Cory would look at life's possibilities.
3. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From Cory's desk.
(b) From Troy's pay.
(c) From Bono.
(d) From her apron pocket.
4. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
(b) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
(c) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(d) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
5. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To mow the lawn.
(b) To bring Gabriel back.
(c) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
(d) To find Cory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
2. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
3. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
4. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
5. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)