Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
(a) She is putting the trash out for collection.
(b) She is weeding the garden.
(c) She is hanging out clothes to dry.
(d) She is cutting the grass.
2. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(b) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(c) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(d) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
3. What is Lyons actually doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(b) Lyons plans to pay back the $10 he borrowed from Troy earlier.
(c) Lyons is going to jingle his change to show he's got money in his pocket.
(d) Lyons is going to show he has no money and to ask for more.
4. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From Cory's desk.
(b) From her apron pocket.
(c) From Troy's pay.
(d) From Bono.
5. After he realizes he has a baby for whom he is responsible, what does Troy tell Rose he needs time for?
(a) To make some more money.
(b) To decide which woman is more important to him.
(c) To find Bono and ask his advice.
(d) To figure things out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
2. When Troy says that blacks or Hispanics aren't being allowed to play baseball to their potential, how does Cory respond?
3. Troy stops the conversation with Rose about his affair by saying he is going ________ (fill in the blank).
4. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
5. What happens to Alberta?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)