Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2/3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
(a) That Lyons wants Rose to make him breakfast.
(b) That Lyons wants to use Troy's car.
(c) That Lyons wants to borrow money.
(d) That Lyons wants to move in with Rose and Troy.
2. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
(a) She says that some people don't know that improving their lives is possible.
(b) She says that she wishes Cory would look at life's possibilities.
(c) She says that Bono should try to improve his life.
(d) She says that she hopes to improve her life some day.
3. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
(a) Troy says that Cory has always been too much trouble.
(b) Troy says that Cory is a responsibility but that Troy doesn't have to like him.
(c) Troy says that Rose never let Troy take part in raising Cory.
(d) Troy says that he questions who Cory's real father is.
4. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
(a) Rose tells Troy that he needs to buy some life insurance.
(b) Troy tells Rose that before long she might be on her own.
(c) Rose tells Troy he's going to drink himself to death.
(d) Troy is responding to Bono's request to hear one of Troy's stories.
5. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
(a) Why he has to help with the fence.
(b) How much money they'll be wasting on the fence.
(c) How long it will take to get the fence finished.
(d) Why Rose wants a fence in the first place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
2. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
3. Where do Troy and Bono come home from at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
5. Bono remarks to Troy that he has noticed that Troy has been spending a lot of time with whom?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)