Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cory work?
(a) At the convenience store.
(b) At the football concession stand.
(c) At the car repair shop.
(d) At the supermarket.
2. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
(b) Bono says he's not hungry.
(c) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
(d) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
3. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
(a) Cory would not be going to college.
(b) Gabriel would have gambled the money away.
(c) Gabriel would not have had surgery.
(d) He and Rose would have no home.
4. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
(a) She says that she hopes to improve her life some day.
(b) She says that some people don't know that improving their lives is possible.
(c) She says that she wishes Cory would look at life's possibilities.
(d) She says that Bono should try to improve his life.
5. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
(a) That Rose and Troy are still together.
(b) That Troy put a roof over his head and food in his mouth.
(c) That Troy is a good church-going man.
(d) That Troy has never beaten him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
2. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
3. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
4. How does Cory respond to his mother as he leaves the house, hurrying because he is late for a game?
5. What happened to Troy's mother?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)