|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
(a) They tell Bono about how Rose talked Troy into marrying her.
(b) They tell Bono how Rose got Troy fired from his job.
(c) They tell Bono about the time Rose's mother chased Troy.
(d) They tell Bono about the time the kids stole some watermelons.
2. What does Troy say about Alberta?
(a) Troy says that Alberta is sexy, but he hasn't been with her.
(b) Troy says that he finds Alberta unattractive.
(c) Troy says that the boss has been having an affair with Alberta.
(d) Troy says that he thinks Alberta deserves to be promoted.
3. Who does Gabriel think he is?
(a) The devil.
(b) A minister.
(c) An angel.
4. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(b) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(c) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
(d) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
5. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
(a) Because Troy's the boss and what he says goes.
(b) Because they need Cory to make money to help the family.
(c) Because Rose will be ashamed of Cory if he doesn't.
(d) Because Cory should learn what it's like to go to work every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
2. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
3. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
4. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
5. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)