|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy say he is not prepared to give up the affair with Alberta?
(a) Because Alberta is pregnant.
(b) Because he can handle two women.
(c) Because he's tired of Rose.
(d) Because Alberta makes him feel good.
2. What happens to Alberta?
(a) She is put into a mental institution.
(b) She runs away, leaving the baby in the hospital.
(c) She dies giving birth.
(d) No one knows.
3. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To mow the lawn.
(b) To find Cory.
(c) To bring Gabriel back.
(d) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
4. Why does Troy say that he doesn't need a driver's license?
(a) Because he doesn't need any identification.
(b) Because driving is easy.
(c) Because no one he knows has one.
(d) Because he wouldn't have any use for one.
5. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It was gambled away.
(b) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
(c) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
(d) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
2. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, when Rose comes out and asks him to help in the kitchen, what is Cory doing?
4. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
5. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)