|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lyons and Bono leave, Cory comes home angry with his father for what?
(a) For telling his teacher that Cory never did any homework.
(b) For telling his boss that he didn't want Cory to work at the store any more.
(c) For telling his mother that he had stolen money from her purse.
(d) For telling the coach that Cory isn't allowed play football any more.
2. Troy tells Rose he needs to do what in order to help Gabriel?
(a) Fix things with his boss.
(b) Keep him away from liquor.
(c) Come up with $50 bail.
(d) Keep him from gambling.
3. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Troy wants Cory to mow the lawn.
(b) Troy wants Cory to go to the store for him.
(c) Troy wants Cory to help build the fence.
(d) Troy wants Cory to spend more time at home.
4. What does Rose say in response to Troy's comment that she's supposed to come when she's called?
(a) She says she isn't Troy's slave.
(b) She says she doesn't like Troy to talk to her like that in front of Bono.
(c) She says she's not a dog.
(d) She says she didn't hear Troy call her.
5. When Cory answers Troy's question about whether he's just come home with "yeah," what does Troy remind him?
(a) Troy reminds Cory that he said he wouldn't go to practice on Saturday.
(b) Troy reminds Cory he should have been home a long time ago.
(c) Troy reminds Cory that he should speak in complete sentences.
(d) Troy reminds Cory to call him "sir."
Short Answer Questions
1. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
2. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
3. After Lyons leaves, what does Cory do alone in the yard, not knowing that Troy is watching him?
4. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
5. Where does Cory work?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)