|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
(a) Troy says the phone is ringing and Rose should answer it.
(b) Troy says she is embarrassing him.
(c) Troy says he and Bono are talking man talk.
(d) Troy says he's tired of his dinner being late.
2. How does Cory respond to his mother as he leaves the house, hurrying because he is late for a game?
(a) He says that he'll be home immediately after the game.
(b) He says that he'll call the recruiter back when he gets home.
(c) He says that he will clean his room when he gets home.
(d) He says that he'll bring chicken home for his mother.
3. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to block the driveway.
(b) Trying to kiss the secretary.
(c) Trying to leave early.
(d) Trying to steal a watermelon.
4. What does Rose ask Troy not to do when Troy comments that Alberta was not alone in the world?
(a) Rose asks Troy to ask for forgiveness.
(b) Rose asks Troy not to push her away.
(c) Rose asks Troy to forget about Alberta.
(d) Rose asks Troy to judge everyone fairly.
5. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
(a) Sits down on the porch swing.
(b) Puts his arms around Rose.
(c) Leaves for the corner bar.
(d) Goes into the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troy say he is not prepared to give up the affair with Alberta?
2. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
3. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
4. When Cory answers Troy's question about whether he's just come home with "yeah," what does Troy remind him?
5. In Act 2, Scene 4, after Bono leaves, Cory tries to do what?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)