|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rose tells Troy to come inside for lunch, what does he tell her about his affair with another woman?
(a) That it's over.
(b) That he won't give the other woman up.
(c) That he's gotten another woman pregnant.
(d) That the woman is a friend of Rose's.
2. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
(a) About why the boss didn't promote him.
(b) About why black men weren't allowed to drive trucks.
(c) About why the men received no overtime.
(d) About why the boss paid the workers so little.
3. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
(a) That it was good for blacks.
(b) That it had better pitchers.
(c) That he knew everybody in it.
(d) That it was a stupid idea.
4. What does Troy say about a boy who lies to his father?
(a) He says it means trouble for the whole family.
(b) He says it's the father's fault.
(c) He says it's time for more severe punishment.
(d) He says it's time for that boy to get out.
5. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From Troy's pay.
(b) From Bono.
(c) From Cory's desk.
(d) From her apron pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy tell Cory in response to his explanation about the football recruiter?
2. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
3. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
4. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
5. When Troy says that blacks or Hispanics aren't being allowed to play baseball to their potential, how does Cory respond?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)