|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He fired the co-worker.
(b) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
(c) He hit the co-worker.
(d) He did nothing.
2. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
(a) The devil.
(b) The angels.
(c) Aunt Jemima.
(d) His mother.
3. When Lyons appears, what makes Troy ask him why he's not in jail?
(a) Troy often poses this question to Lyons.
(b) A club where Lyons plays got raided.
(c) Bono told Troy that three of Lyons' friends were in jail.
(d) Troy is implying that Lyons stole his money,
4. What does Troy say about a boy who lies to his father?
(a) He says it's the father's fault.
(b) He says it's time for more severe punishment.
(c) He says it's time for that boy to get out.
(d) He says it means trouble for the whole family.
5. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
(b) To bring Gabriel back.
(c) To find Cory.
(d) To mow the lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
2. What is Troy's response to Rose's feelings about his affair?
3. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
4. Who does Gabriel think he is?
5. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)