|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(b) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(c) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(d) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
2. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
(a) Troy says that Rose never let Troy take part in raising Cory.
(b) Troy says that he questions who Cory's real father is.
(c) Troy says that Cory has always been too much trouble.
(d) Troy says that Cory is a responsibility but that Troy doesn't have to like him.
3. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
(d) Troy's father.
4. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
(a) Fail his classes.
(b) Strike out.
(c) Steal anything ever again.
(d) Find another job.
5. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
(a) Choosing something to do for which he really wasn't suited.
(b) Frustrated at not being able to have a professional career.
(c) Angry about arguing with a coach every day.
(d) Unhappy with his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
2. What is Lyons actually doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
3. What does Troy say to his daughter?
4. What does Cory say when Troy talks about how much he's given Cory?
5. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)