|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
(a) She tells him to leave her alone.
(b) She tells him to wait until later.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She kisses him passionately.
2. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is mowing the lawn.
(b) She is taking clothes off the line.
(c) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
(d) She is watering the garden.
3. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
(a) Rose tells Troy he's going to drink himself to death.
(b) Troy tells Rose that before long she might be on her own.
(c) Rose tells Troy that he needs to buy some life insurance.
(d) Troy is responding to Bono's request to hear one of Troy's stories.
4. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
(b) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
(c) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
(d) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
5. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
(a) To mow the lawn.
(b) To bring Gabriel back.
(c) To listen to a ball game on the radio.
(d) To find Cory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
2. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
3. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
4. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
5. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)