|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say would have happened if he hadn't taken charge of Gabriel's money?
(a) He and Rose would have no home.
(b) Gabriel would have gambled the money away.
(c) Gabriel would not have had surgery.
(d) Cory would not be going to college.
2. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
(a) He says that he plans to buy back his first home some day.
(b) He says it was the only house he ever loved.
(c) He says it was lousy and he doesn't know why he stayed there as long as he did.
(d) He says he let his wife talk him into staying there.
3. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
(a) That Lyons wants to borrow money.
(b) That Lyons wants to move in with Rose and Troy.
(c) That Lyons wants to use Troy's car.
(d) That Lyons wants Rose to make him breakfast.
4. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
(b) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
(c) He pulls up some weeds.
(d) He sits down on the porch swing.
5. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
(b) They are not related.
(c) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(d) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
2. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
3. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
4. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
5. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)