|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is taking clothes off the line.
(b) She is mowing the lawn.
(c) She is watering the garden.
(d) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
2. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
(a) Cory says that if he's recruited he'll have a chance to go to college.
(b) Cory says that the recruiter had seen Troy play ball.
(c) Cory says that the recruiter has given him some gifts.
(d) Cory says that the recruiter says he's the best player he's seen in years.
3. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
(a) He says the neighbor didn't deserve to win.
(b) He says the lottery is going to be stopped.
(c) He says the lottery is a waste of money.
(d) He says the neighbor has been spending money on the lottery for years.
4. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It was gambled away.
(b) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
(c) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
(d) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
5. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He takes a long drink of beer.
(b) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(c) He agrees with her.
(d) He says she should argue that point with their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
2. Whose names does Gabriel say are in Saint Peter's book?
3. When Troy returns from listening to the ball game and caresses Rose suggestively, what is Rose's response?
4. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
5. What prompts Troy to tell a long story about how he saw Death in person?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)