|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cory answers Troy's question about whether he's just come home with "yeah," what does Troy remind him?
(a) Troy reminds Cory that he said he wouldn't go to practice on Saturday.
(b) Troy reminds Cory that he should speak in complete sentences.
(c) Troy reminds Cory he should have been home a long time ago.
(d) Troy reminds Cory to call him "sir."
2. When Rose tells Troy that Cory is home, what does Troy do?
(a) Troy tells Rose to keep Cory away from him.
(b) Troy yells for Cory to come out and talk to him.
(c) Troy punches the house.
(d) Troy yells at Rose for not telling her right away.
3. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From her apron pocket.
(b) From Troy's pay.
(c) From Cory's desk.
(d) From Bono.
4. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
(a) They tell Bono about how Rose talked Troy into marrying her.
(b) They tell Bono about the time Rose's mother chased Troy.
(c) They tell Bono how Rose got Troy fired from his job.
(d) They tell Bono about the time the kids stole some watermelons.
5. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
(a) That they are different every time.
(b) That he should not tell them to children.
(c) That they are proof that Troy drinks too much.
(d) That there is a lot of truth in them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
2. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
3. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
4. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
5. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)