|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
2. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Troy wants Cory to mow the lawn.
(b) Troy wants Cory to spend more time at home.
(c) Troy wants Cory to go to the store for him.
(d) Troy wants Cory to help build the fence.
3. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
(a) About why the men received no overtime.
(b) About why black men weren't allowed to drive trucks.
(c) About why the boss didn't promote him.
(d) About why the boss paid the workers so little.
4. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
(a) Keep working at a job he hates.
(b) Stay married to Rose.
(c) Go to church every Sunday.
(d) Pay off some furniture.
5. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From her apron pocket.
(b) From Bono.
(c) From Troy's pay.
(d) From Cory's desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
2. Troy says that all he's got strength to do is __________ (fill in the blank).
3. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
4. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
5. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)