|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
(a) Because Lyons came by and upset him.
(b) Because Rose asked for money.
(c) Because Cory went off without doing his chores.
(d) Because Troy has to repair the car again.
2. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
(b) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
(c) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
(d) It was gambled away.
3. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
(a) That he knew everybody in it.
(b) That it was good for blacks.
(c) That it was a stupid idea.
(d) That it had better pitchers.
4. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
(a) He says he let his wife talk him into staying there.
(b) He says it was lousy and he doesn't know why he stayed there as long as he did.
(c) He says it was the only house he ever loved.
(d) He says that he plans to buy back his first home some day.
5. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
(a) That Troy put a roof over his head and food in his mouth.
(b) That Rose and Troy are still together.
(c) That Troy is a good church-going man.
(d) That Troy has never beaten him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
2. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
3. Troy says that all he's got strength to do is __________ (fill in the blank).
4. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
5. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)