|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Because he will never die.
(b) Because he has already died.
(c) Because of his sins.
(d) Because he is too young.
2. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
(b) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
(c) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(d) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
3. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
(b) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
(c) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(d) They are not related.
4. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
(b) He hit the co-worker.
(c) He did nothing.
(d) He fired the co-worker.
5. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(b) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(c) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
(d) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gabriel suddenly run off from Rose and Troy's yard?
2. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
3. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
4. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
5. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)