|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
(a) He says that Gabriel is fine and not to worry.
(b) He says that Gabriel has plenty of people looking out for him.
(c) He says that Gabriel likes Rose to feel sorry for him.
(d) He says they should look in on Gabriel more often.
2. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Troy wants Cory to mow the lawn.
(b) Troy wants Cory to spend more time at home.
(c) Troy wants Cory to go to the store for him.
(d) Troy wants Cory to help build the fence.
3. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
(a) That Lyons wants to use Troy's car.
(b) That Lyons wants to borrow money.
(c) That Lyons wants Rose to make him breakfast.
(d) That Lyons wants to move in with Rose and Troy.
4. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
(a) Unhappy with his parents.
(b) Choosing something to do for which he really wasn't suited.
(c) Frustrated at not being able to have a professional career.
(d) Angry about arguing with a coach every day.
5. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(c) He takes a long drink of beer.
(d) He says she should argue that point with their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
2. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
3. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
4. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
5. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)