|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
(a) Because of his sins.
(b) Because he is too young.
(c) Because he has already died.
(d) Because he will never die.
2. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
(a) That they are different every time.
(b) That they are proof that Troy drinks too much.
(c) That he should not tell them to children.
(d) That there is a lot of truth in them.
3. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
(a) That he did a good job.
(b) That Troy loves him.
(c) That he's talented at football.
(d) That Cory should do whatever he wants.
4. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(b) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
(c) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
(d) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
5. When Cory answers Troy's question about whether he's just come home with "yeah," what does Troy remind him?
(a) Troy reminds Cory that he should speak in complete sentences.
(b) Troy reminds Cory he should have been home a long time ago.
(c) Troy reminds Cory to call him "sir."
(d) Troy reminds Cory that he said he wouldn't go to practice on Saturday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
2. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
3. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
4. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
5. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)