|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
(b) She is mowing the lawn.
(c) She is taking clothes off the line.
(d) She is watering the garden.
2. What does Cory go inside to do after Rose tells him that Troy is angry?
(a) To see if Gabriel has come back.
(b) To look for money to give Rose.
(c) To fix a sandwich.
(d) To find Troy.
3. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
(a) About why the men received no overtime.
(b) About why black men weren't allowed to drive trucks.
(c) About why the boss paid the workers so little.
(d) About why the boss didn't promote him.
4. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
(a) When he fell down a flight of stairs.
(b) In the war.
(c) While loading a garbage truck.
(d) In a car accident.
5. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
(a) She is cutting the grass.
(b) She is weeding the garden.
(c) She is putting the trash out for collection.
(d) She is hanging out clothes to dry.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
2. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
3. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
4. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
5. When Cory answers Troy's question about whether he's just come home with "yeah," what does Troy remind him?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)