|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Troy say he doesn't want his son to end up like him?
(a) Frustrated at not being able to have a professional career.
(b) Angry about arguing with a coach every day.
(c) Unhappy with his parents.
(d) Choosing something to do for which he really wasn't suited.
2. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
(a) They tell Bono how Rose got Troy fired from his job.
(b) They tell Bono about how Rose talked Troy into marrying her.
(c) They tell Bono about the time Rose's mother chased Troy.
(d) They tell Bono about the time the kids stole some watermelons.
3. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because of a lack of talent.
(b) Because he was too old.
(c) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
(d) Because of racial discrimination.
4. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
(a) He says that Gabriel has plenty of people looking out for him.
(b) He says that Gabriel is fine and not to worry.
(c) He says they should look in on Gabriel more often.
(d) He says that Gabriel likes Rose to feel sorry for him.
5. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
(a) He says that he was a better player than Aaron.
(b) He says that that's only one example.
(c) He says that Aaron is a sellout.
(d) He says that Aaron is going to burn out in no time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bono say about Alberta?
2. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
3. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
4. What does Troy say about the Negro League?
5. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)