|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To take their wives to the movies.
(b) To drink beer and talk.
(c) To watch a football game.
(d) To complain to the boss about their pay.
2. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
(a) He says the angels prepare his breakfast.
(b) He says the ladies of the church see that he's fed.
(c) He says he usually eats breakfast with Saint Peter.
(d) He says he doesn't eat breakfast.
3. Who does Gabriel think he is?
(a) A minister.
(c) An angel.
(d) The devil.
4. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
5. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He says she should argue that point with their son.
(c) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(d) He takes a long drink of beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Cory's question about why Troy never liked him?
2. When Cory answers Troy's question about whether he's just come home with "yeah," what does Troy remind him?
3. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
4. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
5. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)