|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
(a) His mother.
(b) The devil.
(c) The angels.
(d) Aunt Jemima.
2. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
(b) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
(c) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(d) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
3. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
(b) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(c) They are not related.
(d) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
4. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
(a) That he's talented at football.
(b) That he did a good job.
(c) That Troy loves him.
(d) That Cory should do whatever he wants.
5. Once Cory goes inside after he is finished helping Troy for the day, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Why he won't let Cory play football.
(b) Why he thinks football isn't as good a sport as baseball.
(c) Why he never takes Cory out anywhere.
(d) Why he thinks Cory isn't talented at football.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
2. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
3. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
4. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
5. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)