|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because of racial discrimination.
(b) Because of a lack of talent.
(c) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
(d) Because he was too old.
2. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
(a) That Lyons wants to use Troy's car.
(b) That Lyons wants Rose to make him breakfast.
(c) That Lyons wants to borrow money.
(d) That Lyons wants to move in with Rose and Troy.
3. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
(a) The screen door.
(b) The porch swing.
(c) The garden.
(d) The fence.
4. When Gabriel first appears, what is he carrying?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A book.
(d) A tie.
5. Which of the following characters is not related to Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cory work?
2. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
3. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
4. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
5. Who does Gabriel think he is?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)