|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
(b) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
(c) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(d) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
2. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
(a) Cory says that the recruiter says he's the best player he's seen in years.
(b) Cory says that if he's recruited he'll have a chance to go to college.
(c) Cory says that the recruiter had seen Troy play ball.
(d) Cory says that the recruiter has given him some gifts.
3. When Troy comments that Hank Aaron is doing well, what is Troy's response?
(a) He says that Aaron is a sellout.
(b) He says that Aaron is going to burn out in no time.
(c) He says that that's only one example.
(d) He says that he was a better player than Aaron.
4. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
(a) That he's begun acting crazy at church.
(b) That he's not eating right at the boarding house.
(c) That he beat up a woman.
(d) That he's been playing the lottery.
5. What chore is Rose doing when Troy comes out of the house?
(a) She is hanging out clothes to dry.
(b) She is cutting the grass.
(c) She is weeding the garden.
(d) She is putting the trash out for collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Cory goes inside after he is finished helping Troy for the day, what does Rose ask Troy?
2. Who does Gabriel think he is?
3. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
4. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
5. When Rose asks Gabriel if he wants breakfast, what does he say?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)