|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
(a) That Rose and Troy are still together.
(b) That Troy put a roof over his head and food in his mouth.
(c) That Troy has never beaten him.
(d) That Troy is a good church-going man.
2. When Troy complains about Cory, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Rose asks Troy if he wants a beer.
(b) Rose asks Troy why he doesn't speak to Cory about the boy's behavior.
(c) Rose asks Troy if he'll mow the lawn instead of Cory.
(d) Rose asks Troy why he's so cranky about everything.
3. How are Gabriel and Lyons related?
(a) Gabriel is Lyon's father.
(b) Lyons is Gabriel's nephew.
(c) Gabriel and Lyons are brothers.
(d) They are not related.
4. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
(a) She says that Bono should try to improve his life.
(b) She says that she wishes Cory would look at life's possibilities.
(c) She says that some people don't know that improving their lives is possible.
(d) She says that she hopes to improve her life some day.
5. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
(a) The porch swing.
(b) The garden.
(c) The fence.
(d) The screen door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Troy says that all he's got strength to do is __________ (fill in the blank).
2. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
3. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
4. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
5. What do Rose and Bono say about Troy's long stories?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)