|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
(a) He penalized the co-worker by reducing his pay.
(b) He fired the co-worker.
(c) He did nothing.
(d) He hit the co-worker.
2. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
(a) That Troy has never beaten him.
(b) That Troy is a good church-going man.
(c) That Rose and Troy are still together.
(d) That Troy put a roof over his head and food in his mouth.
3. When Rose appears in Act 1, why does Bono say he doesn't want to stay for dinner?
(a) Bono says he's not hungry.
(b) Bono says he's afraid that he and Troy will get into a fight if he stays.
(c) Bono says he's meeting friends at a bar.
(d) Bono says he has to get home to his woman.
4. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to steal a watermelon.
(b) Trying to block the driveway.
(c) Trying to leave early.
(d) Trying to kiss the secretary.
5. What was the money Gabriel received as a compensation for his injury used for?
(a) It paid for Gabriel's surgery.
(b) It was gambled away.
(c) It paid for Rose and Troy's house.
(d) It was used to pay off Gabriel's debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
2. Who lives with Rose and Troy?
3. What does Rose say Cory wants to hear from Troy?
4. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
5. After Gabriel leaves, what does Rose tell Troy she's heard about Gabriel?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)