|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
(a) He says Gabriel is her problem.
(b) He says he promised the judge he'd take care of Gabriel.
(c) He says he doesn't know.
(d) He tells her not to think about it.
2. What does Rose say that angers Troy so much that he grabs her arm when she starts to go in the house?
(a) Rose says that she is going to leave Troy.
(b) Rose says Troy is a taker not a giver.
(c) Rose says she's going to tell Cory the truth.
(d) Rose says that Troy can just go ahead and live with Alberta.
3. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He sits down on the porch swing.
(b) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
(c) He pulls up some weeds.
(d) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
4. What does Bono say about his first home in response to Rose and Tony talking about their home?
(a) He says that he plans to buy back his first home some day.
(b) He says it was lousy and he doesn't know why he stayed there as long as he did.
(c) He says it was the only house he ever loved.
(d) He says he let his wife talk him into staying there.
5. When Troy says that blacks or Hispanics aren't being allowed to play baseball to their potential, how does Cory respond?
(a) Cory says the Hispanics are better players than the blacks.
(b) Cory says the blacks are better players than the Hispanics.
(c) Cory agrees with his father.
(d) Cory gives examples of black players who are doing well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy say to Bono about knowing where Troy's responsibilities lay?
2. What sport does Bono say Troy excelled at?
3. Troy says that all he's got strength to do is __________ (fill in the blank).
4. When Cory returns home, Rose tells him that Troy is angry for what reason?
5. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)