|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, when Rose comes out and asks him to help in the kitchen, what is Cory doing?
(a) Swinging Troy's baseball bat.
(b) Washing the car.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Shooting baskets.
2. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He says she should argue that point with their son.
(b) He agrees with her.
(c) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(d) He takes a long drink of beer.
3. After Lyons and Bono leave, Cory comes home angry with his father for what?
(a) For telling his mother that he had stolen money from her purse.
(b) For telling his boss that he didn't want Cory to work at the store any more.
(c) For telling his teacher that Cory never did any homework.
(d) For telling the coach that Cory isn't allowed play football any more.
4. After Troy has confessed to the affair, what does Rose say she realizes about him?
(a) That he's just a drunk.
(b) That he is not the good man she thought he was.
(c) That he has turned into a good father.
(d) That he's had to put up with a lot in his life.
5. Where does the money come from that Rose gives Lyons?
(a) From her apron pocket.
(b) From Cory's desk.
(c) From Troy's pay.
(d) From Bono.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
2. What does Cory tell Troy about the football recruiter who has watched Cory play with his high school team?
3. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
4. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
5. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)