|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
(a) Strike out.
(b) Fail his classes.
(c) Steal anything ever again.
(d) Find another job.
2. Earlier in the day, what had one of Troy and Bono's co-workers been caught doing?
(a) Trying to block the driveway.
(b) Trying to steal a watermelon.
(c) Trying to kiss the secretary.
(d) Trying to leave early.
3. What does Rose say that angers Troy so much that he grabs her arm when she starts to go in the house?
(a) Rose says that Troy can just go ahead and live with Alberta.
(b) Rose says she's going to tell Cory the truth.
(c) Rose says that she is going to leave Troy.
(d) Rose says Troy is a taker not a giver.
4. While Rose is grappling with the news of Troy's affair, what does Gabriel give Rose?
(a) A book.
(b) Some money.
(c) Some candy.
(d) A flower.
5. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To complain to the boss about their pay.
(b) To watch a football game.
(c) To drink beer and talk.
(d) To take their wives to the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
2. What descriptive word does Troy use when he complains about Cory to Rose?
3. Why does Gabriel say his own name is not in Saint Peter's book?
4. What does Troy say about his faithfulness to Rose?
5. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)