|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
(c) He takes a long drink of beer.
(d) He says she should argue that point with their son.
2. What does Troy tell Cory in response to his explanation about the football recruiter?
(a) Troy tells Cory not to trust the recruiter.
(b) Troy tells Cory he needs a full-time job.
(c) Troy tells Cory he has met the recruiter.
(d) Troy tells Cory to give back the gifts the recruiter gave him.
3. What argument do Rose, Troy, and Bono have about grocery stores?
(a) Whether it's possible to make a profit on a small grocery store in this day and age.
(b) Whether you should shop where you get a good deal or where they know you.
(c) Whether they should patronize the new supermarket on the corner.
(d) Whether their local grocery store is clean or not.
4. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
(a) Leaves for the corner bar.
(b) Goes into the house.
(c) Puts his arms around Rose.
(d) Sits down on the porch swing.
5. What does Troy say to Bono before he leaves after helping Troy with the fence?
(a) He tells Bono to leave him alone.
(b) He says he hears what Bono is saying.
(c) He says he will talk to Bono about his problems later.
(d) He tells Bono about his mother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Rose and Troy's conversation about Gabriel's money, where does Troy go?
2. After Rose leaves, what information about Cory does Troy reveal to Bono and Lyons?
3. After Rose sends Cory out to help Troy, what do Cory and Troy work on silently for some time before talking to each other?
4. When Lyons shows up, what does Troy correctly think he wants?
5. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)