|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Troy say he reformed?
(a) When he met and married Rose.
(b) When his son was born.
(c) When he heard from his father.
(d) When he met Bono in prison.
2. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because he was too old.
(b) Because of racial discrimination.
(c) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
(d) Because of a lack of talent.
3. Why does Troy want to know where Cory is in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Troy wants Cory to go to the store for him.
(b) Troy wants Cory to mow the lawn.
(c) Troy wants Cory to spend more time at home.
(d) Troy wants Cory to help build the fence.
4. Troy says that all he's got strength to do is __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Earn a living to support all the people who rely on him.
(b) Pray for guidance.
(c) Put up with all the people telling him what to do.
(d) Stay put and not pick up and leave.
5. What does Rose tell Troy he should do when the football recruiter comes to the house?
(a) He should wait to hear Bono's opinion.
(b) He should not sign the papers.
(c) He should sign the papers.
(d) He should ask the recruiter how much money is involved.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day the play begins, what did the boss do when he caught Troy and Bono's co-worker doing something wrong?
2. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
3. What does Troy say to Bono before he leaves after helping Troy with the fence?
4. What does Bono say about Alberta?
5. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)