|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy tell Cory after he has tried to free Rose?
(a) That he's calling a foul.
(b) That Cory should watch his back.
(c) That he's just had strike two.
(d) That Cory couldn't take him on.
2. Tony and Bono get together on the Friday night on which Fences begins. What is their reason for doing so?
(a) To watch a football game.
(b) To drink beer and talk.
(c) To complain to the boss about their pay.
(d) To take their wives to the movies.
3. As Cory runs out of the house, late for a game, what does Rose say to him?
(a) That his room is a mess.
(b) That she hopes he wins.
(c) That the recruiter called him again.
(d) That she'll make his favorite dinner.
4. Under what circumstances was Gabriel injured, leaving him with a brass plate in his head?
(a) When he fell down a flight of stairs.
(b) In the war.
(c) While loading a garbage truck.
(d) In a car accident.
5. Troy says that all he's got strength to do is __________ (fill in the blank).
(a) Stay put and not pick up and leave.
(b) Pray for guidance.
(c) Earn a living to support all the people who rely on him.
(d) Put up with all the people telling him what to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
2. Which two characters have told stories which are not entirely based on reality?
3. When Cory answers Troy's question about whether he's just come home with "yeah," what does Troy remind him?
4. What does Bono answer in reply to Cory's question about why they need a fence?
5. In response to what Rose tells him to do, what does Troy say he will do when the recruiter comes to the house?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)