|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gabriel think he is?
(a) The devil.
(b) An angel.
(c) A minister.
2. What does Cory tell Troy about his job?
(a) That he doesn't want to work part-time.
(b) That the manager wants to give him a promotion.
(c) That the manager gave the job to somebody else.
(d) That he quit his job.
3. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
(a) The devil.
(b) His mother.
(c) Aunt Jemima.
(d) The angels.
4. When Troy says that he's been stuck with Rose for eighteen years, how does she respond?
(a) That she always put her faith in him and their marriage.
(b) That they have Cory to show for their long relationship.
(c) That she feels angry with him for using the word "stuck."
(d) That it's felt longer than that to her.
5. On the day the play begins, what does Troy confront his boss about?
(a) About why black men weren't allowed to drive trucks.
(b) About why the boss paid the workers so little.
(c) About why the boss didn't promote him.
(d) About why the men received no overtime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy do after he talks about still having strength left to have sex with Rose?
2. How much compensation did Gabriel receive as a result of his injury?
3. What does Cory want to know about the fence?
4. What does Rose comment when Troy says that Gabriel can come and go at the boarding house just as he could at home?
5. What happened to Troy's mother?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)