|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While they are working together, for what reason does Troy say Cory should be grateful to him?
(a) That Troy put a roof over his head and food in his mouth.
(b) That Troy is a good church-going man.
(c) That Troy has never beaten him.
(d) That Rose and Troy are still together.
2. When Bono tells Troy he'll be back on Monday, what does Troy say?
(a) Not to bother coming because he'll still be making love with Rose.
(b) That he plans to confront the boss again on Monday.
(c) That Bono should come back on Saturday for dinner.
(d) That Rose will make them both breakfast on Monday morning.
3. What does Rose say is the reason that Troy never played in the major leagues?
(a) Because of his constant arguing with the coaches.
(b) Because of a lack of talent.
(c) Because of racial discrimination.
(d) Because he was too old.
4. What is Rose doing when Cory returns home from football practice?
(a) She is taking clothes off the line.
(b) She is sweeping the sidewalk.
(c) She is mowing the lawn.
(d) She is watering the garden.
5. What does Troy say about the fact that Lyons wants to be a musician?
(a) Troy says that Lyons has no talent.
(b) Troy says Lyons needs to earn a living so he can keep playing.
(c) Troy says that Lyons needs to make some important contacts.
(d) Troy says that he wants Lyons to quit playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rose remarks that a neighbor won some money in the lottery, what opinion does Troy express?
2. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
3. While Rose is grappling with the news of Troy's affair, what does Gabriel give Rose?
4. After Bono leaves, Rose comes out and asks what happened with Gabriel. What does Troy tell her?
5. Who does Gabriel tell Troy he has eaten with that morning?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)