|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the first Act closes, what does Troy tell Cory he'd better be careful not to do?
(a) Steal anything ever again.
(b) Find another job.
(c) Fail his classes.
(d) Strike out.
2. What does Troy assume Lyons is doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
(a) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Bono back.
(b) Troy assumes Lyons it going to show he has no money to buy them drinks.
(c) Troy assumes Lyons is going to ask for money.
(d) Troy assumes Lyons is going to pay Troy back.
3. Why does Troy tell Cory he has to get another job?
(a) Because Rose will be ashamed of Cory if he doesn't.
(b) Because Cory should learn what it's like to go to work every day.
(c) Because they need Cory to make money to help the family.
(d) Because Troy's the boss and what he says goes.
4. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(b) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
(c) Because Cory isn't really talented.
(d) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
5. Once Cory goes inside after he is finished helping Troy for the day, what does Rose ask Troy?
(a) Why he thinks football isn't as good a sport as baseball.
(b) Why he won't let Cory play football.
(c) Why he never takes Cory out anywhere.
(d) Why he thinks Cory isn't talented at football.
Short Answer Questions
1. Troy says that all he's got strength to do is __________ (fill in the blank).
2. Why does Troy tell Rose to go back inside?
3. What does Troy say that he has to do because he is afraid of the devil?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, when Rose comes out and asks him to help in the kitchen, what is Cory doing?
5. Troy says that he made a hit when he met Rose, got to first base with Cory, and that Alberta makes him feel so good he could __________ (fill in the blank).
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)