|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Troy's response to Rose's argument that times have changed?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He takes a long drink of beer.
(c) He says she should argue that point with their son.
(d) He tells her that times might have changed but not for women.
2. Instead of going back inside as Troy asks her to, what story does Rose (with Troy's help) tell Bono?
(a) They tell Bono about how Rose talked Troy into marrying her.
(b) They tell Bono about the time the kids stole some watermelons.
(c) They tell Bono how Rose got Troy fired from his job.
(d) They tell Bono about the time Rose's mother chased Troy.
3. After telling Rose to go into the house to get Cory to help him, what does Troy do?
(a) He starts sawing wood for the fence.
(b) He sits down on the porch swing.
(c) He examines the hinges on the screen door.
(d) He pulls up some weeds.
4. Why does Troy say that he's not impressed that Cory's being scouted by a football recruiter?
(a) Because there's no money to be made by black men playing sports.
(b) Because Cory isn't making the kind of money he should to help his parents out.
(c) Because Cory will never amount to anything.
(d) Because Cory isn't really talented.
5. Why does Gabriel think Troy is mad at him?
(a) Because he went to live in the boarding house.
(b) Because he's been feeding stray dogs.
(c) Because he doesn't earn any money.
(d) Because he has been helping Rose too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say about the possibility of improving one's life?
2. What does Troy say in response to Rose's concern about Gabriel?
3. What is Lyons actually doing when he puts his hand in his pocket?
4. For what crime did Troy serve time in prison?
5. As Troy complains about how everybody manages his money for him, Gabriel arrives carrying what?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)