|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2/3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cory respond to his mother as he leaves the house, hurrying because he is late for a game?
(a) He says that he'll bring chicken home for his mother.
(b) He says that he'll call the recruiter back when he gets home.
(c) He says that he will clean his room when he gets home.
(d) He says that he'll be home immediately after the game.
2. Why does Troy say he will take care of the baby?
(a) Because of his love for her mother.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) Because he will get state money.
(d) Because she is his responsibility.
3. In response to what Rose tells him to do, what does Troy say he will do when the recruiter comes to the house?
(a) He says he will not ask the recruiter how much money is involved.
(b) He says he will sign the papers.
(c) He says he will wait to hear Bono's opinion.
(d) He says he won't sign the papers.
4. What is Rose's reaction when Troy asks her to help take care of Alberta's baby?
(a) She walks outside the fence.
(b) She tells him to go away.
(c) She slaps Troy.
(d) She goes inside.
5. After Rose goes inside the house after learning about the baby, to whom does Troy address his monologue?
(a) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the play lived with Troy and Rose at one time?
2. As Cory runs out of the house, late for a game, what does Rose say to him?
3. According to Rose, where has Cory gone?
4. After several months have passed since Troy revealed his affair to Rose, how often has Troy been at home?
5. Which character in the play is not seen onstage?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)