Act 1, Scene 1
• After work on a Friday payday, Troy and Bono discuss the fact that black men aren't allowed to drive the trucks.
• Bono comments that Troy has been spending a lot of time around a woman named Alberta.
• Rose talks about Cory's job at the supermarket and comments that he's being scouted by a recruiter.
• Troy says that there is no money for black men playing sports; he was good but was never recruited.
• Troy tells a story of how he once wrestled with Death but chased him away.
• Rose and Bono say that Troy's stories get a little different each time he tells them.
• Lyons comes over, and Troy says he knows Lyons wants money.
• Troy gives Rose his pay and she gives some money to Lyons.
Act 1, Scene 2
• Rose tells Troy that a neighbor won some money in the lottery.
• Troy says the lottery is...
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)