|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The problem that has no name" is a quotation by which author?
(a) Leah Fritz.
(b) Bell hooks.
(c) Rita Mae Brown.
(d) Betty Friedan.
2. As stated in the 1984 Preface, what is the primary weakness of feminist theory that the author promises to address in her book?
(a) Feminist theory does not propose concrete solutions for women's empowerment.
(b) Feminist theory is too focused on economics.
(c) Feminist theory does not reach out to younger women.
(d) It has been developed and presented from the perspective of women with more societal power and privilege.
3. Based on your understanding of the two Prefaces, who does the author wish to reach with her work?
(a) Women of color.
(c) As wide and diverse of an audience as possible.
(d) Mainly people who are brand new to feminism.
4. The author states that most women would like to be like ________________.
(a) their mentors.
(b) their mothers.
(c) white men.
(d) their best friends.
5. In Chapter 1, what key term does the author use to talk about the "racial politic" in the U.S.?
(a) Racial ignorance.
(c) White supremacy.
(d) White privilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author cites Lillian Hellman's autobiography as an example of what kind of phenomenon?
2. The phrase "suffering cannot be measured and compared quantitatively" comes from which of the following authors?
3. What were black women mostly encouraged to talk about in the early days of the feminist movement.
4. How does the author support her claims about the reception of black women's efforts in the early feminist movement?
5. In the author's view, what three things most determine a woman's destiny?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)