|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ideas about parenting does the author initially discuss?
(a) Feminist ideas about parenting.
(b) European ideas of parenting.
(c) Same sex couples' ideas about parenting.
(d) Parenting in American television sitcoms.
2. What does the author suggest about many successful feminists and their relationship with power?
(a) They embody and/or capitalize upon male definitions of power and success.
(b) They try to dominate men.
(c) They become power hungry to the point of fanaticism.
(d) They develop an inferiority complex.
3. How does the author characterize the aims of the feminist movement in relationship to other movements?
(a) Feminists should stay focused on their own goals and not look to other movements.
(b) The aims and goals of the feminist movement are really separate from other movements.
(c) The feminist movements aims and intentions are interwoven with those struggling against classism, racism, heterosexism, and other forms of oppression..
(d) There is a relationship between feminism and the struggle against ageism, but that is all.
4. What were black women mostly encouraged to talk about in the early days of the feminist movement.
(a) Class and privilege.
(b) Race, class. and gender.
(c) Feminist theory.
5. How does the author describe Betty Friedan in Chapter 1?
(a) As a creative genius who was misunderstood.
(b) As a marginal woman who rose to prominence.
(c) As the author of a seminal feminist work whose theories have a white, middle-class bias.
(d) As a major proponent of integration within the feminist movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, tensions about motherhood existed between which two schools of thought?
2. According to the author, how did early feminists see gender?
3. How did women working for change initially view the exercise of power?
4. According to the author, challenges to to sisterhood can exist between white women and women of color; between which other groups does she say that they can exist?
5. What can happen to women in light of the social views about their gender?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)