|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Overall, what does the author think about the effects of the feminist movement?
(a) It has created amazing changes in the lives of girls and boys, and women and men.
(b) The feminist movement has not changed the educational landscape.
(c) The movement has had positive effects, but mostly in the academic world.
(d) It has not done enough to reach out to both genders.
2. What did these early feminists forget to take into account in their beliefs about men?
(a) Differences in religion and age.
(b) Differences in age and profession.
(c) Differences in race and class.
(d) Whether men were married or single.
3. According to the author, in what form has feminist thought primarily been circulated?
(a) Via the written word (e.g. books, pamphlets, etc.).
(b) Via the radio.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) Through television commercials.
4. When and where did the author enroll in her first women's studies class?
(a) At Howard in the 1970s.
(b) At Stanford in the 1970s.
(c) At Brown in the early 1980s.
(d) At UCLA in the late 1960s.
5. According to the author, how has the relationship between feminism and the family often been portrayed?
(a) Feminism does not seem to address this issue very clearly.
(b) The family is accepted as a necessary evil.
(c) Feminism has often been portrayed as anti-family and pro-freedom.
(d) Feminism is often perceived as pro-family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change to the language expressing involvement in feminism does the author advocate?
2. Why does the author hold her particular beliefs about prioritizing struggles against different forms of prejudice?
3. What represents true sexual liberty for the author?
4. What was the shared feeling that helped define sisterhood in the early years of the movement, according to the author?
5. In the author's view, which prejudices is it important for women of color to transcend?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)