|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that most women would like to be like ________________.
(a) their best friends.
(b) white men.
(c) their mentors.
(d) their mothers.
2. The author opens the Preface to the first edition of the book with a description of which group and its experiences in life?
(a) Upper class black professionals.
(b) White upper class American women.
(c) Black Americans living in a small town in Kentucky.
(d) White French feminists.
3. According to the author, how has the relationship between feminism and the family often been portrayed?
(a) Feminism is often perceived as pro-family.
(b) Feminism has often been portrayed as anti-family and pro-freedom.
(c) Feminism does not seem to address this issue very clearly.
(d) The family is accepted as a necessary evil.
4. Which one of the following is true of the author beliefs about child care centers?
(a) They should be run with discipline and order.
(b) They should be staffed by workers of both genders.
(c) They should not provide food for the children's lunches.
(d) They should be run exclusively by women.
5. Based on your understanding of the two Prefaces, who does the author wish to reach with her work?
(a) As wide and diverse of an audience as possible.
(c) Women of color.
(d) Mainly people who are brand new to feminism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must be retrained in order for the feminist movement to be successful?
2. According to the author, in Chapter 1, "Black Women - Shaping Feminist Theory," what were black feminists initially trying to do in the feminist movement?
3. On what levels of culture and society is violence most likely to exist?
4. What is the primary "point of contact" between the oppressor and the oppressed?
5. Which one of the following ideas does not appear in the author's discussion of strategies for dealing with accepted beliefs about motherhood?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)