|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the author, what must happen to feminism in order for it to have "a revolutionary, transformative impact on society"?
(a) Feminism must become more intellectual.
(b) Feminism must exclude men from the movement.
(c) People involved in feminism must reject the popular media.
(d) Feminism must become a mass-based political movement.
2. In the title of Chapter Five, what term is used to describe men's relationship to the feminist movement.
(a) Friends of the cause.
(b) Comrades in struggle.
(c) Enemy number one.
(d) The oppressor.
3. Based on your understanding of the two Prefaces, who does the author wish to reach with her work?
(a) Women of color.
(c) As wide and diverse of an audience as possible.
(d) Mainly people who are brand new to feminism.
4. "The problem that has no name" is a quotation by which author?
(a) Rita Mae Brown.
(b) Betty Friedan.
(c) Leah Fritz.
(d) Bell hooks.
5. What can happen to women in light of the social views about their gender?
(a) Women can simply imitate men and these views will not affect them.
(b) Women can absorb these views and manifest them in their lives in negative ways.
(c) There is no proof that social attitudes affect individual choices.
(d) Nothing happens to women; they are not influenced by social attitudes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do feminists need to consider when examining their beliefs about men?
2. How did early feminists, and society at the time, view housework?
3. In the Preface to the second edition, what is the first factor considered by black parents when a child is born, according to the author?
4. For the author, what perspective really changed the direction of feminist thought?
5. How does the author characterize black women's future role in the feminist movement?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)