|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, "The Significance of Feminist Movement," the author discusses which of the following themes?
(a) The effects of feminism on foreign policy.
(b) The potential social and political benefits of the feminist movement.
(c) The major shortcomings of the feminist movement.
(d) Famous personalities within the feminist movement.
2. How does the author view the kind of power practiced by women from non-affluent communities?
(a) As a new form of slavery.
(b) As a disappointment.
(c) As an ideal kind of power.
(d) As an imitation of patriarchal models of power
3. In the Preface to the second edition, what is the first factor considered by black parents when a child is born, according to the author?
(a) Race, then size.
(b) Gender, then size.
(c) Race, then gender.
(d) Gender, then race.
4. In Chapter 1, the author states that feminist theory and the feminist movement were originally shaped by which type of people?
(a) Middle-class white women.
(b) Middle-class women.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) Expatriates living abroad.
5. In the Preface to the second edition (2000), how does the author characterize the later reception of her work?
(a) The people who first rejected the book came to regard the author's innovations as necessary and valuable.
(b) Women of color still feel that the author does not address their concerns.
(c) Many people embrace her ideas but do not give her any credit for them.
(d) Male academics find the work too exclusive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should feminists behave towards consumerism, according to the author?
2. How does the author characterize the aims of the feminist movement in relationship to other movements?
3. The author states that most women would like to be like ________________.
4. What reason does the author give for lower and middle class women's relationship with power?
5. How does consumerism relate to the author's discussion of power?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)