|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(c) Law enforcement.
2. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
(d) Middle Easterners.
3. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must stop loving men.
(b) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
(c) Women must stop dominating each other.
(d) Women must start loving each other.
4. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Revolutionary thinkers.
(b) Modernist thinkers.
(c) Cubist thinkers.
(d) Artistic thinkers.
5. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
(a) As masculine and ugly.
(b) As intelligent and educated.
(c) As stupid and naive.
(d) As mean and rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
2. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
3. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
4. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
5. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)