|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
2. Housework presents _______________.
3. Why is it easier to live through someone else as opposed to finding yourself?
4. What is inextricably linked to a woman's sexual satisfaction and emotional stability?
5. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the image of the corporate woman. What kind of person is she? How does a woman have to behave in order to maintain her position of social stature? How are these kinds of women portrayed in Hollywood? Where else are there images of corporate women?
Essay Topic 2
Hypothesize on the outcome of society at large if the women continued living purely within the confines of femininity? How would it affect the population two generations further? Three? Would it make American society stronger or weaker to have that increased level of devotion in the household? Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of women in today's world. Has the image of women through societies' eyes changed much in the last fifty to sixty years? If so, how, if not, hypothesize on why not.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)