|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Professor Maslow say about the words "feminine" and "masculine"?
2. In a Rorschach test, a majority of animal images over human images is indicative of ___________________.
3. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
4. Why is it harder for orthodox Catholic or Jewish women to break out of the mystique?
5. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role that religion plays in perpetuating the feminine mystique. Why do you think this is the case? What does religion stand to gain if the women stay home? Why? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the roles that educators play in the feminine mystique. How are they responsible for propagating it, despite believing in equality for women? In what ways are women held back by the educators? Explain the educators guilt. Is this guilt founded on legitimate concerns? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Freud obtained his views of women. How did his surroundings come into play? His child hood? Why is it hard to take Freudian views seriously when the method by which he obtained these psychoanalytical findings? Use quotes from the book.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)