|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
2. When did Professor Maslow begin his study of the relationship between sexuality and the "dominance" feeling?
3. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
4. In the name of femininity women are encouraged to ______ human growth.
5. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what regard are children dependent on Mother's influence? How are they independent of it? Explain the perpetual infantile state and the stunting of emotional growth in the terms of the feminine mystique.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the roles that educators play in the feminine mystique. How are they responsible for propagating it, despite believing in equality for women? In what ways are women held back by the educators? Explain the educators guilt. Is this guilt founded on legitimate concerns? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why is education integral to the destruction of the feminine mystique? What role does education play in the growing up of American women? How does this benefit America at the macro level? At the micro level? Explain.
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)