|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is contrary to the feminine mystique?
2. What clinic for children did Mrs. Freidan visit?
3. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
4. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
5. What is the key to getting out of the trap of the mystique?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is education integral to the destruction of the feminine mystique? What role does education play in the growing up of American women? How does this benefit America at the macro level? At the micro level? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Freud obtained his views of women. How did his surroundings come into play? His child hood? Why is it hard to take Freudian views seriously when the method by which he obtained these psychoanalytical findings? Use quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role that religion plays in perpetuating the feminine mystique. Why do you think this is the case? What does religion stand to gain if the women stay home? Why? Explain your answer.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)