|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
2. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
3. Out of twenty-five women, how many were serious enough to write a resume to improve their lives?
4. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
5. What reason is not given for women who possess a low dominance personality in regards to leadership?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the subtle ways that the feminine mystique still exists in modern society? In which ways is it not so subtle? Who is to blame for the present view of women in society? Why is this?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the roles that educators play in the feminine mystique. How are they responsible for propagating it, despite believing in equality for women? In what ways are women held back by the educators? Explain the educators guilt. Is this guilt founded on legitimate concerns? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Suggest ways women might overcome the feminine mystique. What kinds of programs could be offered to women that are serious about continuing their education in a meaningful way? Is there any way to live within the mystique and contribute positively to the world and to self development? Explain.
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)