|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of all advertising budget is spent to appeal to women?
2. What was the real cause of feminism and women's frustration?
3. What is the simple definition of the problem that has no name?
4. What is the really crucial role of the housewife?
5. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Mrs. Friedan practice what she preached? How was she an equal victim of the discrimination against women, and what private battles did she herself face in the years following the publishing of the "Feminine Mystique"?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the feminine mystique and the problem with no name. How are they related? How are they almost interchangeable? In what regard to women face the most scrutiny in finding themselves? Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Hypothesize on the outcome of society at large if the women continued living purely within the confines of femininity? How would it affect the population two generations further? Three? Would it make American society stronger or weaker to have that increased level of devotion in the household? Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)