|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with children?
2. How much of all advertising budget is spent to appeal to women?
3. What is the unique characteristic of human existence?
4. In 1948, what was the percentage of men that had had some homosexual experience?
5. What is the key problem in promiscuity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Mrs. Friedan practice what she preached? How was she an equal victim of the discrimination against women, and what private battles did she herself face in the years following the publishing of the "Feminine Mystique"?
Essay Topic 2
Why is education integral to the destruction of the feminine mystique? What role does education play in the growing up of American women? How does this benefit America at the macro level? At the micro level? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Name at least three things that stand in the way of women's self realization. How do these things impede her progress? How can they be overcome? Are they legitimate things that hold her back, or are they imagined? Explain your answer and use quotes from the book.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)