|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
2. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
3. What is needed to put an end to the housewives' lack of fulfillment?
4. What is characteristic of underdeveloped nations?
5. Why is it harder for orthodox Catholic or Jewish women to break out of the mystique?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role that religion plays in perpetuating the feminine mystique. Why do you think this is the case? What does religion stand to gain if the women stay home? Why? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Freud obtained his views of women. How did his surroundings come into play? His child hood? Why is it hard to take Freudian views seriously when the method by which he obtained these psychoanalytical findings? Use quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How were men equally a part of a "masculine mystique" during the years of the Vietnam war? What kind of roles did the men play during this time, and what were they told was the full extent of masculinity? How did they oppose the masculine mystique, and what kinds of pressure did they face in response to their movement?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)