|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Professor Maslow begin his study of the relationship between sexuality and the "dominance" feeling?
2. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
3. What is the key to getting out of the trap of the mystique?
4. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
5. What clinic for children did Mrs. Freidan visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the social propaganda around the feminine mystique. How has married life been glorified and glamorized? Why has it been made to be more than it is? What is the benefit to women staying at home, from an economic standpoint. Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of women in today's world. Has the image of women through societies' eyes changed much in the last fifty to sixty years? If so, how, if not, hypothesize on why not.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the roles that educators play in the feminine mystique. How are they responsible for propagating it, despite believing in equality for women? In what ways are women held back by the educators? Explain the educators guilt. Is this guilt founded on legitimate concerns? Explain your answer.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)