|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the survey published for electrical appliances?
2. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
3. What is the second step in finding oneself as a woman?
4. Which women are more often the sex-seekers than finders?
5. What is the unique characteristic of human existence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the subtle ways that the feminine mystique still exists in modern society? In which ways is it not so subtle? Who is to blame for the present view of women in society? Why is this?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the social propaganda around the feminine mystique. How has married life been glorified and glamorized? Why has it been made to be more than it is? What is the benefit to women staying at home, from an economic standpoint. Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of women in today's world. Has the image of women through societies' eyes changed much in the last fifty to sixty years? If so, how, if not, hypothesize on why not.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)