Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
2. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
3. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
4. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
5. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
Essay Topic 1
How can a woman's husband act as an anchor within the feminine mystique? Is this intentional? How is it ultimately the woman's decision to go back to school and continue her education? What things prevent her from doing so?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the women that pursued a career and self realization, to those who went to college strictly to find a husband, get married and have children. How do they differ in personal growth? How does society of that era view both women? Explain the difference in their marriages. Use quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How is it impossible to live within the confines of the feminine mystique for any length of time? Why is it so difficult for women to pursue a socially acceptable role of 'femininity' within the culture of the 1950's? Are their any comparable situations in today's day and age? Explain your answers.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)