Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
2. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
3. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
4. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
5. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
Essay Topic 1
Suggest ways women might overcome the feminine mystique. What kinds of programs could be offered to women that are serious about continuing their education in a meaningful way? Is there any way to live within the mystique and contribute positively to the world and to self development? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the roles that educators play in the feminine mystique. How are they responsible for propagating it, despite believing in equality for women? In what ways are women held back by the educators? Explain the educators guilt. Is this guilt founded on legitimate concerns? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In what regard are children dependent on Mother's influence? How are they independent of it? Explain the perpetual infantile state and the stunting of emotional growth in the terms of the feminine mystique.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)