|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
2. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
3. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
4. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
5. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the social propaganda around the feminine mystique. How has married life been glorified and glamorized? Why has it been made to be more than it is? What is the benefit to women staying at home, from an economic standpoint. Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of women in today's world. Has the image of women through societies' eyes changed much in the last fifty to sixty years? If so, how, if not, hypothesize on why not.
Essay Topic 3
Hypothesize on the outcome of society at large if the women continued living purely within the confines of femininity? How would it affect the population two generations further? Three? Would it make American society stronger or weaker to have that increased level of devotion in the household? Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)