|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
2. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
3. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
4. How do women find enjoyment in being a woman?
5. What was the problem with the vast majority of men and boys born to mothers enthralled in the mystique?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suggest ways women might overcome the feminine mystique. What kinds of programs could be offered to women that are serious about continuing their education in a meaningful way? Is there any way to live within the mystique and contribute positively to the world and to self development? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
How is it impossible to live within the confines of the feminine mystique for any length of time? Why is it so difficult for women to pursue a socially acceptable role of 'femininity' within the culture of the 1950's? Are their any comparable situations in today's day and age? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Why is education integral to the destruction of the feminine mystique? What role does education play in the growing up of American women? How does this benefit America at the macro level? At the micro level? Explain.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)