Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
2. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
3. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
4. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
5. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role that religion plays in perpetuating the feminine mystique. Why do you think this is the case? What does religion stand to gain if the women stay home? Why? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How were men equally a part of a "masculine mystique" during the years of the Vietnam war? What kind of roles did the men play during this time, and what were they told was the full extent of masculinity? How did they oppose the masculine mystique, and what kinds of pressure did they face in response to their movement?
Essay Topic 3
How do Freud and Margaret Mead's study of women influence the development of the feminine mystique? What role do these individuals play in the education of women in regards to the mystique? How do their views compliment each other? Explain your answer and support it with research from outside the book.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)