|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1948, what was the percentage of men that had had some homosexual experience?
2. Why is it harder for orthodox Catholic or Jewish women to break out of the mystique?
3. What should be the goal of every normal woman?
4. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
5. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
Essay Topic 1
How were men equally a part of a "masculine mystique" during the years of the Vietnam war? What kind of roles did the men play during this time, and what were they told was the full extent of masculinity? How did they oppose the masculine mystique, and what kinds of pressure did they face in response to their movement?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the image of the corporate woman. What kind of person is she? How does a woman have to behave in order to maintain her position of social stature? How are these kinds of women portrayed in Hollywood? Where else are there images of corporate women?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the feminine mystique and the problem with no name. How are they related? How are they almost interchangeable? In what regard to women face the most scrutiny in finding themselves? Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)