|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unique characteristic of human existence?
2. What is the simple definition of the problem that has no name?
3. What is the only frontier available to women that have lived always within the confines of the feminine mystique?
4. What is instinctive in the human sense?
5. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the social propaganda around the feminine mystique. How has married life been glorified and glamorized? Why has it been made to be more than it is? What is the benefit to women staying at home, from an economic standpoint. Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How can a woman's husband act as an anchor within the feminine mystique? Is this intentional? How is it ultimately the woman's decision to go back to school and continue her education? What things prevent her from doing so?
Essay Topic 3
Why is education integral to the destruction of the feminine mystique? What role does education play in the growing up of American women? How does this benefit America at the macro level? At the micro level? Explain.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)