|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
2. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
3. Which women are more often the sex-seekers than finders?
4. What is the first step in finding oneself as a woman?
5. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the feminine mystique and the problem with no name. How are they related? How are they almost interchangeable? In what regard to women face the most scrutiny in finding themselves? Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of women in today's world. Has the image of women through societies' eyes changed much in the last fifty to sixty years? If so, how, if not, hypothesize on why not.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the women that pursued a career and self realization, to those who went to college strictly to find a husband, get married and have children. How do they differ in personal growth? How does society of that era view both women? Explain the difference in their marriages. Use quotes from the book.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)