|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women must learn to compete not as female but as ______.
2. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
3. When did Professor Maslow begin his study of the relationship between sexuality and the "dominance" feeling?
4. In a Rorschach test, a majority of animal images over human images is indicative of ___________________.
5. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How were men equally a part of a "masculine mystique" during the years of the Vietnam war? What kind of roles did the men play during this time, and what were they told was the full extent of masculinity? How did they oppose the masculine mystique, and what kinds of pressure did they face in response to their movement?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the roles that educators play in the feminine mystique. How are they responsible for propagating it, despite believing in equality for women? In what ways are women held back by the educators? Explain the educators guilt. Is this guilt founded on legitimate concerns? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How did Mrs. Friedan practice what she preached? How was she an equal victim of the discrimination against women, and what private battles did she herself face in the years following the publishing of the "Feminine Mystique"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)