|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the image of sex change?
2. What did the feminists see most clearly?
3. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
4. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
5. What need is deeply set within human nature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is education integral to the destruction of the feminine mystique? What role does education play in the growing up of American women? How does this benefit America at the macro level? At the micro level? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of women in today's world. Has the image of women through societies' eyes changed much in the last fifty to sixty years? If so, how, if not, hypothesize on why not.
Essay Topic 3
In what regard are children dependent on Mother's influence? How are they independent of it? Explain the perpetual infantile state and the stunting of emotional growth in the terms of the feminine mystique.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)