|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing that these kids looked for?
2. What should be the goal of every normal woman?
3. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
4. What did the feminists see most clearly?
5. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
Essay Topic 1
How did Mrs. Friedan practice what she preached? How was she an equal victim of the discrimination against women, and what private battles did she herself face in the years following the publishing of the "Feminine Mystique"?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of women in today's world. Has the image of women through societies' eyes changed much in the last fifty to sixty years? If so, how, if not, hypothesize on why not.
Essay Topic 3
What are the subtle ways that the feminine mystique still exists in modern society? In which ways is it not so subtle? Who is to blame for the present view of women in society? Why is this?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)