|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key problem in promiscuity?
2. What was the problem with the vast majority of men and boys born to mothers enthralled in the mystique?
3. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
4. Housework presents _______________.
5. What should be the goal of every normal woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What are the subtle ways that the feminine mystique still exists in modern society? In which ways is it not so subtle? Who is to blame for the present view of women in society? Why is this?
Essay Topic 2Explain the social propaganda around the feminine mystique. How has married life been glorified and glamorized? Why has it been made to be more than it is? What is the benefit to women staying at home, from an economic standpoint. Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3Name at least three things that stand in the way of women's self realization. How do these things impede her progress? How can they be overcome? Are they legitimate things that hold her back, or are they imagined? Explain your answer and use quotes from the book.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)