|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most powerful argument of the feminine mystique?
2. What need is deeply set within human nature?
3. Which women are more often the sex-seekers than finders?
4. What clinic for children did Mrs. Freidan visit?
5. How many women had engaged in extramarital sex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the subtle ways that the feminine mystique still exists in modern society? In which ways is it not so subtle? Who is to blame for the present view of women in society? Why is this?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the image of the corporate woman. What kind of person is she? How does a woman have to behave in order to maintain her position of social stature? How are these kinds of women portrayed in Hollywood? Where else are there images of corporate women?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role that religion plays in perpetuating the feminine mystique. Why do you think this is the case? What does religion stand to gain if the women stay home? Why? Explain your answer.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)