|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the survey published for electrical appliances?
2. What was the only thing that these kids looked for?
3. What was the problem with the vast majority of men and boys born to mothers enthralled in the mystique?
4. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
5. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the image of the corporate woman. What kind of person is she? How does a woman have to behave in order to maintain her position of social stature? How are these kinds of women portrayed in Hollywood? Where else are there images of corporate women?
Essay Topic 2
How did Mrs. Friedan practice what she preached? How was she an equal victim of the discrimination against women, and what private battles did she herself face in the years following the publishing of the "Feminine Mystique"?
Essay Topic 3
Suggest ways women might overcome the feminine mystique. What kinds of programs could be offered to women that are serious about continuing their education in a meaningful way? Is there any way to live within the mystique and contribute positively to the world and to self development? Explain.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)