Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
2. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
3. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
4. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
5. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
Essay Topic 1
Hypothesize on the outcome of society at large if the women continued living purely within the confines of femininity? How would it affect the population two generations further? Three? Would it make American society stronger or weaker to have that increased level of devotion in the household? Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of women in today's world. Has the image of women through societies' eyes changed much in the last fifty to sixty years? If so, how, if not, hypothesize on why not.
Essay Topic 3
How did Mrs. Friedan practice what she preached? How was she an equal victim of the discrimination against women, and what private battles did she herself face in the years following the publishing of the "Feminine Mystique"?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)