|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inextricably linked to a woman's sexual satisfaction and emotional stability?
2. The most challenging and time consuming tasks of housework can be handled in capacity by a(n) ______________.
3. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
4. How many women had engaged in extramarital sex?
5. What was the problem with the vast majority of men and boys born to mothers enthralled in the mystique?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How were men equally a part of a "masculine mystique" during the years of the Vietnam war? What kind of roles did the men play during this time, and what were they told was the full extent of masculinity? How did they oppose the masculine mystique, and what kinds of pressure did they face in response to their movement?
Essay Topic 2
How can a woman's husband act as an anchor within the feminine mystique? Is this intentional? How is it ultimately the woman's decision to go back to school and continue her education? What things prevent her from doing so?
Essay Topic 3
How is it impossible to live within the confines of the feminine mystique for any length of time? Why is it so difficult for women to pursue a socially acceptable role of 'femininity' within the culture of the 1950's? Are their any comparable situations in today's day and age? Explain your answers.
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)