|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
2. Why is it harder for orthodox Catholic or Jewish women to break out of the mystique?
3. Out of twenty-five women, how many were serious enough to write a resume to improve their lives?
4. What clinic for children did Mrs. Freidan visit?
5. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is it impossible to live within the confines of the feminine mystique for any length of time? Why is it so difficult for women to pursue a socially acceptable role of 'femininity' within the culture of the 1950's? Are their any comparable situations in today's day and age? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the women that pursued a career and self realization, to those who went to college strictly to find a husband, get married and have children. How do they differ in personal growth? How does society of that era view both women? Explain the difference in their marriages. Use quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of women in today's world. Has the image of women through societies' eyes changed much in the last fifty to sixty years? If so, how, if not, hypothesize on why not.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)