|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What silent question did women ask themselves?
2. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
3. What is stressed in a functional education?
4. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
5. What had become a trap?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Freud's psychoanalytical views be discounted?
2. According to the media, why should an American housewife be happy with her lot?
3. Why is economic independence so necessary for women?
4. What is the objective of making homemaking creative?
5. Define high dominance and low dominance feeling.
6. What happened as women who were highly intelligent let go of their interests for the role of wife and mother?
7. How did sexual interaction at an early age affect development?
8. What is the difference in the male and female roles?
9. How did American women learn how to free themselves by speaking out for the slaves?
10. What is the difference between when a man works at home and when a woman works at home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can a woman's husband act as an anchor within the feminine mystique? Is this intentional? How is it ultimately the woman's decision to go back to school and continue her education? What things prevent her from doing so?
Essay Topic 2
What are the subtle ways that the feminine mystique still exists in modern society? In which ways is it not so subtle? Who is to blame for the present view of women in society? Why is this?
Essay Topic 3
What kinds of opposition did women face in their movement to gain equal rights? How were they the subject of ridicule and scorn? How were they the butt of public jokes and humiliated? How were they balked? Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)