|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
2. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
3. Which statement best fits the main problem?
4. Which women were happiest?
5. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the victims of the Holocaust similar to the American housewife?
2. What were the side effects of the "youth serum" when the young woman aged?
3. How is a definitive knowledge of self needed to mature?
4. What kinds of problems can arise for the woman saying "no" to the feminine mystique?
5. Define "Feminine protest".
6. What, according to Mrs. Friedan is the leading cause of men seeking out homosexual relationships?
7. According to the media, why should an American housewife be happy with her lot?
8. How did the image of women change from the 1930's-50's?
9. What uniformly happened to the population of America following the war?
10. How were Freud's findings indicative of his social surroundings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can a woman's husband act as an anchor within the feminine mystique? Is this intentional? How is it ultimately the woman's decision to go back to school and continue her education? What things prevent her from doing so?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the image of the corporate woman. What kind of person is she? How does a woman have to behave in order to maintain her position of social stature? How are these kinds of women portrayed in Hollywood? Where else are there images of corporate women?
Essay Topic 3
Why is education integral to the destruction of the feminine mystique? What role does education play in the growing up of American women? How does this benefit America at the macro level? At the micro level? Explain.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)