Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
2. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
3. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
4. Which statement best fits the main problem?
5. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
Short Essay Questions
1. In summation, why was it that the women went home after winning the suffrage?
2. What sex was responsible for the divorcing of women and the outside world?
3. Why must Freud's psychoanalytical views be discounted?
4. Define "Feminine protest".
5. What is the distinguishing feature about the women of the suburbs?
6. What do the children of vicarious living mothers commonly identify with?
7. What choice did the mystique leave to women?
8. According to the media, why should an American housewife be happy with her lot?
9. Why is economic independence so necessary for women?
10. What was considered "true feminine fulfillment"?
Explain the social propaganda around the feminine mystique. How has married life been glorified and glamorized? Why has it been made to be more than it is? What is the benefit to women staying at home, from an economic standpoint. Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Name at least three things that stand in the way of women's self realization. How do these things impede her progress? How can they be overcome? Are they legitimate things that hold her back, or are they imagined? Explain your answer and use quotes from the book.
What kinds of opposition did women face in their movement to gain equal rights? How were they the subject of ridicule and scorn? How were they the butt of public jokes and humiliated? How were they balked? Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)