|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret Mead frequently _______ herself.
2. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
3. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
4. What is unlikely to happen without education?
5. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the girls with rings on their hands the "lucky ones"?
2. What was the reason for Freud's research and what did he hope to achieve?
3. What was considered "true feminine fulfillment"?
4. How were Freud's findings indicative of his social surroundings?
5. Why did real feminists believe the radical "man hating, marriage opposing" feminists were getting more media coverage?
6. Define "Feminine protest".
7. How did the image of women change from the 1930's-50's?
8. How was Margaret Mead exempt from the lack of fulfillment that most women felt?
9. How did the New York General Assembly view the right for women to own property and how did they react to the idea that they should be able to?
10. What is the double deception of the feminine mystique?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Freud obtained his views of women. How did his surroundings come into play? His child hood? Why is it hard to take Freudian views seriously when the method by which he obtained these psychoanalytical findings? Use quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the image of the corporate woman. What kind of person is she? How does a woman have to behave in order to maintain her position of social stature? How are these kinds of women portrayed in Hollywood? Where else are there images of corporate women?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the women that pursued a career and self realization, to those who went to college strictly to find a husband, get married and have children. How do they differ in personal growth? How does society of that era view both women? Explain the difference in their marriages. Use quotes from the book.
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)