|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
2. What is considered "phallic activity"?
3. What instrument did men in Bali use?
4. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
5. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference in the male and female roles?
2. Who divorced women from the ideas of the world outside of the home?
3. How did sexual interaction at an early age affect development?
4. Why was it advisable for advertisers to not let the "Career Women" category get any larger?
5. Why were the girls with rings on their hands the "lucky ones"?
6. What is the simple truth of fulfillment?
7. What things hold women back from achieving the education they need to be a beneficial part of society?
8. What is the difference between when a man works at home and when a woman works at home?
9. What is the objective of making homemaking creative?
10. What was the basis of all neurosis of people, according to Freud?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How were men equally a part of a "masculine mystique" during the years of the Vietnam war? What kind of roles did the men play during this time, and what were they told was the full extent of masculinity? How did they oppose the masculine mystique, and what kinds of pressure did they face in response to their movement?
Essay Topic 2
What kinds of opposition did women face in their movement to gain equal rights? How were they the subject of ridicule and scorn? How were they the butt of public jokes and humiliated? How were they balked? Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the women that pursued a career and self realization, to those who went to college strictly to find a husband, get married and have children. How do they differ in personal growth? How does society of that era view both women? Explain the difference in their marriages. Use quotes from the book.
This section contains 1,826 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)