|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most challenging and time consuming tasks of housework can be handled in capacity by a(n) ______________.
(a) Nine-year-old child.
(b) Eight-year-old child.
(c) Eleven-year-old child.
(d) Highly intelligent woman.
2. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
(a) Juvenile delinquency.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Molly coddling their children.
(d) Neither of these.
3. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
(a) By buying products for the home and family.
(b) All of these.
(c) By buying things that made her feel good.
(d) By buying things to help her marriage.
4. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
(a) Balanced housewives.
(b) True housewives.
(c) Career women.
(d) Fulfilled housewifes.
5. What reason is not given for women who possess a low dominance personality in regards to leadership?
(a) They don't believe its possible to be a woman and lead.
(b) They don't want to be at the forefront of anything.
(c) They feel incompetent.
(d) They are afriad of responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should be the goal of every normal woman?
2. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
3. What is inextricably linked to a woman's sexual satisfaction and emotional stability?
4. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
5. "______ not _____ is the tie that binds."
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)