|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do women find enjoyment in being a woman?
(a) They stop conforming to the image of femininty.
(b) All of these.
(c) They decide that their lives as an individual are far more important.
(d) They stop listening to their parents speaking for them.
2. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
(a) Balanced housewives.
(b) Career women.
(c) True housewives.
(d) Fulfilled housewifes.
3. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
(a) They turned to their husbands.
(b) Both of these.
(c) They turned to their children.
(d) Neither of these.
4. Why is it easier to live through someone else as opposed to finding yourself?
(a) It is frightening.
(b) There is a lot of criticism.
(c) None of these.
(d) There are many problems to be faced with the family.
5. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
(a) They were always dissatisfied with their marital affairs.
(b) They were always frantically busy.
(c) They were always envying their neighbors.
(d) They were all thirty pounds overweight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was really difficult to sell?
2. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
3. What are considered "mutations"?
4. What does Professor Maslow say about the words "feminine" and "masculine"?
5. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)