|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most powerful argument of the feminine mystique?
(a) That the woman will be less of a woman if she doesn't stay at home.
(b) That the woman may lose her fertility if she works outside of the home.
(c) That the woman rejects her husband and children if she doesn't stay at home.
(d) All of these.
2. What is the key problem in promiscuity?
(a) High self esteem.
(c) Low self esteem.
(d) Conditioning by the parents.
3. In the name of femininity women are encouraged to ______ human growth.
4. What is needed to put an end to the housewives' lack of fulfillment?
(a) None of these.
(b) A co-operative union of housewives to fund the return to education.
(c) The installation of some courage into the average American housewives.
(d) A national education program for women who want to seriously continue their education.
5. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
2. Women must learn to compete not as female but as ______.
3. How many women did Maslow find actually fulfilled their selves in the sense of a dominant feeling?
4. What is the simple definition of the problem that has no name?
5. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)