|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clinic for children did Mrs. Freidan visit?
(a) The Jackson James Center in Boston.
(b) The Putnam Jackson Childrens Center in Boston.
(c) The James Jackson Putnam Childrens Center in Boston.
(d) The Jackson James Putnam Childrens Center in Boston.
2. Which women are more often the sex-seekers than finders?
(a) The metropolis housewives.
(b) The city housewives.
(c) The rural housewives.
(d) The suburban housewives.
3. What is the really crucial role of the housewife?
(a) To buy more things for the house.
(b) To be a good wife.
(c) To raise children.
(d) All of these.
4. Housework presents _______________.
(a) An interesting job description for American women.
(b) No difficulty to the adult mind.
(c) A significant challenge.
(d) I don't know.
5. What two things are at the very heart of the feminine mystique?
(a) Lack of self and vicarious living.
(b) Noncommitment and vicarious living.
(c) Noncommitment and lack of self.
(d) Deception and lack of self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
2. In 1948, what was the percentage of men that had had some homosexual experience?
3. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
4. In the name of femininity women are encouraged to ______ human growth.
5. What have psychiatrists used to cure neurosis in the past?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)