|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most powerful argument of the feminine mystique?
(a) That the woman will be less of a woman if she doesn't stay at home.
(b) All of these.
(c) That the woman may lose her fertility if she works outside of the home.
(d) That the woman rejects her husband and children if she doesn't stay at home.
2. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
(a) Arnold Green.
(b) David Levy.
(c) Dr. Strecker.
(d) Dr. Spock.
3. What should be the goal of every normal woman?
(a) "The art of good homemaking".
(b) "To shop unscrupulously".
(c) "The art of being a great housewife".
(d) "To be an independent buyer".
4. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
(a) Balanced housewives.
(b) Fulfilled housewifes.
(c) True housewives.
(d) Career women.
5. How do women find enjoyment in being a woman?
(a) All of these.
(b) They stop listening to their parents speaking for them.
(c) They decide that their lives as an individual are far more important.
(d) They stop conforming to the image of femininty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the real cause of feminism and women's frustration?
2. Housework presents _______________.
3. Women's chances at happiness in marriage _______ as their career participation ________ .
4. When did Professor Maslow begin his study of the relationship between sexuality and the "dominance" feeling?
5. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)