|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
(a) Their jobs and careers.
(b) Their sisters and brothers.
(c) Their education and ambitions.
(d) Their mothers and wives.
2. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
(a) Delinquent behavior.
(b) Behavior that is emulated by the parents.
(c) Behavior that is not in accordance with reality.
(d) Behavior that is contrary to what is desireable.
3. In the name of femininity women are encouraged to ______ human growth.
4. What is the only frontier available to women that have lived always within the confines of the feminine mystique?
(d) None of these.
5. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
(a) Their fathers.
(b) Their mothers.
(d) Society at large.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second step in finding oneself as a woman?
2. If education has made American women feel trapped, frustrated and guilty as housewives, it is surely a sign that ___________________________.
3. What is inextricably linked to a woman's sexual satisfaction and emotional stability?
4. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
5. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)