|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accompanies the growth in mental activity?
(a) Postponed erections.
(b) Postponed marriages.
(c) Postponed families.
(d) Postponement of sexual activity.
2. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
(a) Both of these.
(b) Juvenile delinquency.
(c) Molly coddling their children.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
(a) Balanced housewives.
(b) Career women.
(c) Fulfilled housewifes.
(d) True housewives.
4. What is the really crucial role of the housewife?
(a) To raise children.
(b) To be a good wife.
(c) All of these.
(d) To buy more things for the house.
5. What is the most powerful argument of the feminine mystique?
(a) All of these.
(b) That the woman will be less of a woman if she doesn't stay at home.
(c) That the woman rejects her husband and children if she doesn't stay at home.
(d) That the woman may lose her fertility if she works outside of the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
2. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
3. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
4. What was the only thing that these kids looked for?
5. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)