|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
(a) Grow up and have interests outside of being a wife and mother.
(b) Cling more to their children.
(c) Live deeper within the feminine mystique.
(d) Cling to their husbands.
2. What was really difficult to sell?
(c) Gold plated dishes.
(d) Sterling silver.
3. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
(a) Marital fulfillment.
(b) None of these.
(d) Personal fulfillment.
4. What sparked the White House's interest?
(a) A rise in violent crime.
(b) A rise in juvinile delinquency.
(c) Muscular deterioration.
(d) A rise in political instability.
5. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
(a) Their mothers.
(c) Society at large.
(d) Their fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the name of femininity women are encouraged to ______ human growth.
2. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
3. How did Andras Angyal describe this weakness?
4. What is the most powerful argument of the feminine mystique?
5. In 1948, what was the percentage of men that had had some homosexual experience?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)