|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is contrary to the feminine mystique?
(a) Neither sex can be happy within the feminine mystique.
(b) All of these.
(c) The feminine mystique keeps both sexes from maturing.
(d) Sexual satisfaction is not a mark of fulfillment.
2. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) The manipulators and their clients.
(b) Their clients.
(c) The women themselves.
(d) The manipulators.
3. What is the easiest way out of figuring out who you are and what it is you want out of life?
(a) All of these.
(b) Sex and early marriage.
(c) Sex and children.
(d) Having children.
4. What have psychiatrists used to cure neurosis in the past?
(a) They used electroshock therapy.
(b) They tried to fit them into a culture.
(c) They used brainscans to monitor the changes in the patient.
(d) They tried to help them debase their own potential.
5. Women's chances at happiness in marriage _______ as their career participation ________ .
(a) increased, increased.
(b) decreased, decreased.
(c) decreased, increased.
(d) increased, decreased.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
2. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
3. In 1948, what was the percentage of men that had had some homosexual experience?
4. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
5. What is the really crucial role of the housewife?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)