|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unlikely to happen without education?
(a) Women are likely to marry younger and younger.
(b) Women are likely to have children at younger ages.
(c) Women are not likely to develop deep interests outside their biology.
(d) All of these.
2. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
(a) To the pre-pubescent expression of sexual interest.
(b) To the mature expression of sexual interest.
(c) To the expression of infantile sexual interest.
(d) None of these.
3. What weren't these feminists called?
(c) Penis enviers.
(d) Sex starved.
4. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) Rearing the child.
(c) The desire to protect the home.
(d) Maternal instinct.
5. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(b) The ability to reason.
(c) The ability to be impassioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
2. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
3. What is the problem with educating women early to fulfill their sexual roles in regards to the opposite sex?
4. What became a dirty word?
5. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a definitive knowledge of self needed to mature?
2. Why was it advisable for advertisers to not let the "Career Women" category get any larger?
3. What is the double deception of the feminine mystique?
4. How did the image of women change from the 1930's-50's?
5. Explain how within the feminine mystique, to be exceptional, has such a negative connotation?
6. What was the problem with the young women of this age group?
7. What kinds of problems can arise for the woman saying "no" to the feminine mystique?
8. How did sexual interaction at an early age affect development?
9. What things hold women back from achieving the education they need to be a beneficial part of society?
10. What is the distinguishing feature about the women of the suburbs?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)