|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Margaret Mead frequently _______ herself.
2. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They were flogged and beaten.
(c) They were forcibly fed.
(d) They were starved to death.
3. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
(a) They are more concerned about the future.
(b) They are able to blow things too far out of proportion.
(c) The ideologies of the superego live in the past.
(d) They are plagued with their knowledge of a past.
4. What is unlikely to happen without education?
(a) All of these.
(b) Women are not likely to develop deep interests outside their biology.
(c) Women are likely to marry younger and younger.
(d) Women are likely to have children at younger ages.
5. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
2. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
3. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
4. What should an education do?
5. What is the important thing for a girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the double deception of the feminine mystique?
2. Why did women lavish so much attention on their children?
3. Why was there such difficulty with the problem without a name and why was it so hard to solve?
4. Why were the girls with rings on their hands the "lucky ones"?
5. Who divorced women from the ideas of the world outside of the home?
6. What is considered the feminine role in education?
7. What was the problem with the young women of this age group?
8. How were the victims of the Holocaust similar to the American housewife?
9. What is the difference in the male and female roles?
10. Why did most women think there was something wrong with them?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)