|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did men in Bali use?
(a) Their voices.
(c) A flute.
2. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
(a) Believing that they have the same potential as boys.
(b) All of these.
(c) Testing their own powers in the world.
3. What lesson could girls not help but learn in college between 1945 and 1960?
(a) How to take your career seriously.
(b) How to take care of yourself as an individual.
(c) How to cater to your mans needs.
(d) How not to get interested in anything but getting married and having kids.
4. What doesn't work together to produce femininity?
(a) Deficient female anatomy.
(c) Penis envy.
5. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
(a) He didn't want to change it, but rather to help people adjust to it.
(b) He wanted to open the doors for women.
(c) He wanted to help them in the suffrage movement.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
2. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
3. Which statement best fits the main problem?
4. Margaret Mead frequently _______ herself.
5. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did sexual interaction at an early age affect development?
2. What qualified women for the category of "True Housewife Type"?
3. Explain the passage from MARRIAGE FOR MODERNS.
4. What was the problem with the young women of this age group?
5. What happened as women who were highly intelligent let go of their interests for the role of wife and mother?
6. What is the simple truth of fulfillment?
7. Why did real feminists believe the radical "man hating, marriage opposing" feminists were getting more media coverage?
8. Summarize Margaret Mead's ideals as shown in this book.
9. How did the image of women change from the 1930's-50's?
10. What sex was responsible for the divorcing of women and the outside world?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)