|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best fits the main problem?
(a) Women weren't challenged in their lifestyle.
(b) Women had become too comfortable.
(c) Women had lost their self identity.
(d) Women longed for careers.
2. What narrow comfort is offered women to become homemakers?
(a) No woman can eternally resist the temptation of starting a family.
(b) To be successful she must know many arts.
(c) A woman's destiny revolves around the home.
(d) All of these.
3. What does Mrs. Freidan question in regards to Freudian thought?
(a) It's practicality.
(b) Its use.
(c) Its truth.
(d) Its therapy.
4. What was the name of the life adjustment course given to eleven- to thirteen-year-old girls?
(a) The Slick Chick.
(b) How to Get Married Fast!
(c) How To Date.
(d) The Quick Chick.
5. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
(b) Housewife's Blight.
(d) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with educating women early to fulfill their sexual roles in regards to the opposite sex?
2. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
3. What silent question did women ask themselves?
4. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
5. What did the union member get labeled as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a self actualizing relationship look like?
2. Why were the girls with rings on their hands the "lucky ones"?
3. What kinds of conventional arrangements were made between women to maintain careers while there was a war?
4. How did sexual interaction at an early age affect development?
5. What is the difference in the male and female roles?
6. What is the double deception of the feminine mystique?
7. What do the children of vicarious living mothers commonly identify with?
8. Why did women lavish so much attention on their children?
9. What is the objective of making homemaking creative?
10. Why must Freud's psychoanalytical views be discounted?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)