|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parsons find in sexual segregation?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It is integral.
(c) It is archaic.
(d) It is functional.
2. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was portrayed as evil.
(b) She was denied the ability to have children.
(c) She was shown as being a bad person.
(d) She was shown as being disdainful.
3. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
(a) Defy God.
(b) Never mate.
(c) Deny womanhood.
(d) Unsex herself.
4. What was affected by functional analysis?
(a) Women's roles in a forward moving society.
(b) The future.
(c) The progressive nature of society.
(d) The maturing of women.
5. What happened following Margaret's work?
(a) All of these.
(b) Women glorified their own femininity.
(c) Women found no other ways to create.
(d) Making babies took on a cultish meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the climax of adolescence?
2. How did Freud view his soon-to-be wife?
3. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
4. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
5. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who divorced women from the ideas of the world outside of the home?
2. What did the men do to defy the "masculine mystique"?
3. How did the New York General Assembly view the right for women to own property and how did they react to the idea that they should be able to?
4. Define high dominance and low dominance feeling.
5. What do the children of vicarious living mothers commonly identify with?
6. Define "Feminine protest".
7. Why must Freud's psychoanalytical views be discounted?
8. How did American women learn how to free themselves by speaking out for the slaves?
9. What qualified women for the category of "True Housewife Type"?
10. Why did sex become the preoccupation of American women?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)