|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered "phallic activity"?
(a) Holding ones' genitals.
(b) Things that normally pertain to men.
(c) None of these.
(d) All of these.
2. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
(a) They are inferior to men.
(b) They are superior to men.
(c) They are complimentary to men.
(d) They are in excess of men.
3. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
(a) All of these.
(b) He wanted to open the doors for women.
(c) He didn't want to change it, but rather to help people adjust to it.
(d) He wanted to help them in the suffrage movement.
4. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
(a) That he was the leading word on the subject.
(b) That his word was law and answered all questions.
(c) All of these.
(d) That his deductions about the female psyche were complete.
5. Why are the girls at college?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) To fulfill their sexual function.
(c) To get an education.
(d) Both of those.
Short Answer Questions
1. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
2. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
3. What gave women peace of mind?
4. Which tribe do men and women assume masculine roles?
5. What was affected by functional analysis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how within the feminine mystique, to be exceptional, has such a negative connotation?
2. Why were the girls with rings on their hands the "lucky ones"?
3. Why did real feminists believe the radical "man hating, marriage opposing" feminists were getting more media coverage?
4. What were the side effects of the "youth serum" when the young woman aged?
5. What is the difference between when a man works at home and when a woman works at home?
6. Define "Feminine protest".
7. What kinds of conventional arrangements were made between women to maintain careers while there was a war?
8. What happened as women who were highly intelligent let go of their interests for the role of wife and mother?
9. What groups opposed the women's right to vote and why?
10. What is called the "youth serum" for women?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)