|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Deciding what one wants to be.
(b) Enrolling in university.
(c) Having children.
(d) Getting married and having kids.
2. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
(a) All of these.
(b) Women were considered inferior.
(c) He thought women were meant to be as slaves.
(d) He thought that women were meant to be taken advantage of.
3. What was the name of the life adjustment course given to eleven- to thirteen-year-old girls?
(a) The Quick Chick.
(b) How To Date.
(c) The Slick Chick.
(d) How to Get Married Fast!
4. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
(c) Housewife's Blight.
(d) Chicken pox.
5. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
(a) Testing their own powers in the world.
(b) Believing that they have the same potential as boys.
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with educating women early to fulfill their sexual roles in regards to the opposite sex?
2. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
3. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
4. What is stressed in a functional education?
5. What is unlikely to happen without education?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the image of women change from the 1930's-50's?
2. What things hold women back from achieving the education they need to be a beneficial part of society?
3. Why was it advisable for advertisers to not let the "Career Women" category get any larger?
4. What is called the "youth serum" for women?
5. What specifically made the image change of women possible?
6. How was this preoccupation different than it had been before?
7. Define high dominance and low dominance feeling.
8. What kinds of problems can arise for the woman saying "no" to the feminine mystique?
9. How did sexual interaction at an early age affect development?
10. What is ironic about the path to feminine fulfillment?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)