|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(b) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(c) Where their role in society was.
(d) To reproduce and be happy.
2. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
(a) Deny womanhood.
(b) Defy God.
(c) Never mate.
(d) Unsex herself.
3. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
(a) Testing their own powers in the world.
(c) All of these.
(d) Believing that they have the same potential as boys.
4. How did Freud view his soon-to-be wife?
(a) Both of these.
(b) None of these.
(c) As a child.
(d) As an object.
5. What was affected by functional analysis?
(a) Women's roles in a forward moving society.
(b) The progressive nature of society.
(c) The maturing of women.
(d) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
2. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
3. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
4. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
5. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Margaret Mead's ideals as shown in this book.
2. Why did women lavish so much attention on their children?
3. What qualified women for the category of "True Housewife Type"?
4. How were the victims of the Holocaust similar to the American housewife?
5. What were the side effects of the "youth serum" when the young woman aged?
6. What was the reason for Freud's research and what did he hope to achieve?
7. What is called the "youth serum" for women?
8. What do the children of vicarious living mothers commonly identify with?
9. What does a self actualizing relationship look like?
10. Why did real feminists believe the radical "man hating, marriage opposing" feminists were getting more media coverage?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)