Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) Eight hours a day.
(b) Nine hours a day.
(c) As much as ten hours a day.
(d) As much as twelve hours a day.
2. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
(a) Within in the confines of wife and motherhood.
(b) In their own mind and spirit.
(c) In their own relationships with those around them.
(d) Within the walls of their homes.
3. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Becoming a career woman.
(b) Marrying a man like her father.
(c) Being like her mother.
(d) Having children.
4. Which statement best fits the main problem?
(a) Women longed for careers.
(b) Women had lost their self identity.
(c) Women weren't challenged in their lifestyle.
(d) Women had become too comfortable.
5. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
(a) All of these.
(b) He wanted to help them in the suffrage movement.
(c) He wanted to open the doors for women.
(d) He didn't want to change it, but rather to help people adjust to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
2. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
3. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
4. What was the name of the life adjustment course given to eleven- to thirteen-year-old girls?
5. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
Short Essay Questions
1. In summation, why was it that the women went home after winning the suffrage?
2. What sex was responsible for the divorcing of women and the outside world?
3. Why must Freud's psychoanalytical views be discounted?
4. Define "Feminine protest".
5. What is the distinguishing feature about the women of the suburbs?
6. What do the children of vicarious living mothers commonly identify with?
7. What choice did the mystique leave to women?
8. According to the media, why should an American housewife be happy with her lot?
9. Why is economic independence so necessary for women?
10. What was considered "true feminine fulfillment"?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)