|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened following Margaret's work?
(a) Making babies took on a cultish meaning.
(b) All of these.
(c) Women glorified their own femininity.
(d) Women found no other ways to create.
2. What did the union member get labeled as?
(a) A feminist sympathizer.
(b) All of these.
(c) An anarchist.
(d) None of these.
3. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) Rearing the child.
(b) Maternal instinct.
(d) The desire to protect the home.
4. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
5. What was considered 'real' life?
(a) Married life.
(b) Single life.
(c) Spinsterhood life.
(d) Career life.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
2. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
3. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
4. Which tribe do men and women assume masculine roles?
5. What does Parsons find in sexual segregation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of problems can arise for the woman saying "no" to the feminine mystique?
2. Explain how within the feminine mystique, to be exceptional, has such a negative connotation?
3. According to the media, why should an American housewife be happy with her lot?
4. Why did most women think there was something wrong with them?
5. Define "Feminine protest".
6. What uniformly happened to the population of America following the war?
7. Explain the passage from MARRIAGE FOR MODERNS.
8. Summarize Margaret Mead's ideals as shown in this book.
9. What is the American housewife's dilemma?
10. What sex was responsible for the divorcing of women and the outside world?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)