|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
(a) None of these.
(b) To the mature expression of sexual interest.
(c) To the pre-pubescent expression of sexual interest.
(d) To the expression of infantile sexual interest.
2. Which women were happiest?
(a) Married women.
(b) Educated women.
(c) Uneducated women.
(d) Unmarried women.
3. What should an education do?
(a) None of these.
(b) Broaden outlook on the world.
(c) Help people to figure out what it is they want from life.
(d) Increase mental capacity.
4. What does the feminine protest do?
(a) Over glorifies the female role as the reproductive unit.
(b) Overvalues women's roles in society.
(c) Makes more of a woman than there ever could be.
(d) All of these.
5. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
(a) That he was the leading word on the subject.
(b) That his deductions about the female psyche were complete.
(c) All of these.
(d) That his word was law and answered all questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best fits the main problem?
2. What is the problem with educating women early to fulfill their sexual roles in regards to the opposite sex?
3. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
4. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
5. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference in the male and female roles?
2. What is the simple truth of fulfillment?
3. Define high dominance and low dominance feeling.
4. Why did women lavish so much attention on their children?
5. Why must Freud's psychoanalytical views be discounted?
6. Why did real feminists believe the radical "man hating, marriage opposing" feminists were getting more media coverage?
7. Why was it advisable for advertisers to not let the "Career Women" category get any larger?
8. How was this preoccupation different than it had been before?
9. Why is economic independence so necessary for women?
10. What things hold women back from achieving the education they need to be a beneficial part of society?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)