|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
(a) She had no time for the study following kids.
(b) She had no interest in it.
(c) It was too painful because she had given it up.
(d) She was angry about giving it up.
2. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
(a) Early marriage.
(b) All of these.
(c) Marital subservience.
(d) Sexual degradation.
3. What is considered "phallic activity"?
(a) All of these.
(b) None of these.
(c) Holding ones' genitals.
(d) Things that normally pertain to men.
4. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) All of these.
(b) They never grow up.
(c) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
(d) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
5. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(a) The ability to reason.
(c) The ability to be impassioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
2. What is the functionalist's primary concern?
3. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
4. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
5. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the media, why should an American housewife be happy with her lot?
2. How did American women learn how to free themselves by speaking out for the slaves?
3. What did the men do to defy the "masculine mystique"?
4. How does a woman fulfill her psychological and sociological roles by being a shopper?
5. What is the American housewife's dilemma?
6. How were the victims of the Holocaust similar to the American housewife?
7. Why was there such difficulty with the problem without a name and why was it so hard to solve?
8. Why did most women think there was something wrong with them?
9. What is called the "youth serum" for women?
10. What was considered "true feminine fulfillment"?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)