|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
(a) Sexual degradation.
(b) Early marriage.
(c) All of these.
(d) Marital subservience.
2. What had become a trap?
(a) The lack of personal image in women.
(b) The disregard of the way women feel.
(c) The small-minded image of women.
(d) The home life.
3. What was not a part of women's worlds?
(a) Home care.
(c) Charming and keeping a man.
4. Why couldn't women study physics?
(a) It was considered unfeminine.
(b) They weren't allowed in the classes.
(c) They didn't have the aptitude for it.
(d) They didn't want to study it.
5. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
(a) They have to challenge the conventional image of femininity.
(b) They have to disagree with the leading psychologists and psychotherapists.
(c) They have to defy conventional educators.
(d) They have to challenge authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
2. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
3. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
4. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
5. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was considered "true feminine fulfillment"?
2. What kinds of problems can arise for the woman saying "no" to the feminine mystique?
3. What do the children of vicarious living mothers commonly identify with?
4. How did the New York General Assembly view the right for women to own property and how did they react to the idea that they should be able to?
5. What is the American housewife's dilemma?
6. How did American women learn how to free themselves by speaking out for the slaves?
7. Explain the passage from MARRIAGE FOR MODERNS.
8. How does a woman fulfill her psychological and sociological roles by being a shopper?
9. What sex was responsible for the divorcing of women and the outside world?
10. Why was there such difficulty with the problem without a name and why was it so hard to solve?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)