|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened following Margaret's work?
(a) All of these.
(b) Making babies took on a cultish meaning.
(c) Women glorified their own femininity.
(d) Women found no other ways to create.
2. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
(a) She was angry about giving it up.
(b) She had no time for the study following kids.
(c) It was too painful because she had given it up.
(d) She had no interest in it.
3. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(b) Where their role in society was.
(c) To reproduce and be happy.
(d) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
4. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
(a) Chicken pox.
(d) Housewife's Blight.
5. What lesson could girls not help but learn in college between 1945 and 1960?
(a) How to cater to your mans needs.
(b) How to take care of yourself as an individual.
(c) How to take your career seriously.
(d) How not to get interested in anything but getting married and having kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What requires increased glamorization every year?
2. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
3. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
4. What is stressed in a functional education?
5. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What qualified women for the category of "True Housewife Type"?
2. How were the victims of the Holocaust similar to the American housewife?
3. How did American women learn how to free themselves by speaking out for the slaves?
4. What is the double deception of the feminine mystique?
5. Why is economic independence so necessary for women?
6. What were the side effects of the "youth serum" when the young woman aged?
7. What might have happened if women had gone on to continue their education?
8. What choice did the mystique leave to women?
9. Summarize Margaret Mead's ideals as shown in this book.
10. What kinds of conventional arrangements were made between women to maintain careers while there was a war?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)