|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
2. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
(a) They must reproduce.
(b) They must find themselves first.
(c) They must remain infantile.
(d) They must embrace their role as women.
3. What is stressed in a functional education?
(a) Neither of these.
(d) I don't know.
4. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
(a) Their ability to work.
(b) Too much education.
(c) Their inability to work.
(d) Too little education.
5. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
(a) Deny womanhood.
(b) Never mate.
(c) Unsex herself.
(d) Defy God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the feminine protest do?
2. Which tribe do men and women assume masculine roles?
3. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
4. What instrument did men in Bali use?
5. What is the functionalist's primary concern?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of problems can arise for the woman saying "no" to the feminine mystique?
2. What is the choice that women face?
3. Why were the girls with rings on their hands the "lucky ones"?
4. What did the men do to defy the "masculine mystique"?
5. In what way did society have to be restructured regarding sexuality?
6. What sex was responsible for the divorcing of women and the outside world?
7. What was the problem with the young women of this age group?
8. In summation, why was it that the women went home after winning the suffrage?
9. What were the side effects of the "youth serum" when the young woman aged?
10. How did American women learn how to free themselves by speaking out for the slaves?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)