|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered "phallic activity"?
(a) None of these.
(b) Things that normally pertain to men.
(c) All of these.
(d) Holding ones' genitals.
2. What was affected by functional analysis?
(a) The future.
(b) The progressive nature of society.
(c) Women's roles in a forward moving society.
(d) The maturing of women.
3. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
(a) To mature.
(b) To grow.
(c) All of these.
(d) To become human.
4. What happened following Margaret's work?
(a) Women glorified their own femininity.
(b) Women found no other ways to create.
(c) Making babies took on a cultish meaning.
(d) All of these.
5. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(c) The ability to reason.
(d) The ability to be impassioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
2. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
3. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
4. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
5. What had become a trap?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Freud's psychoanalytical views be discounted?
2. What kinds of problems can arise for the woman saying "no" to the feminine mystique?
3. What happened as women who were highly intelligent let go of their interests for the role of wife and mother?
4. Define "Feminine protest".
5. What is the simple truth of fulfillment?
6. What is the American housewife's dilemma?
7. Why did real feminists believe the radical "man hating, marriage opposing" feminists were getting more media coverage?
8. How were the victims of the Holocaust similar to the American housewife?
9. In what way did society have to be restructured regarding sexuality?
10. Why did sex become the preoccupation of American women?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)