|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the girls at college?
(a) To fulfill their sexual function.
(b) To get an education.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of those.
2. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
(a) In getting engaged before graduating college.
(b) In traveling the world.
(c) In getting married before graduating college.
(d) In getting a career.
3. What doesn't work together to produce femininity?
(a) Penis envy.
(c) Deficient female anatomy.
4. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
(a) Housewife's Blight.
(d) Chicken pox.
5. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
(a) Their ability to work.
(b) Too little education.
(c) Their inability to work.
(d) Too much education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the feminine protest do?
2. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
3. What instrument did men in Bali use?
4. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
5. Which women were happiest?
Short Essay Questions
1. In summation, why was it that the women went home after winning the suffrage?
2. How did American women learn how to free themselves by speaking out for the slaves?
3. Why was there such difficulty with the problem without a name and why was it so hard to solve?
4. Why did sex become the preoccupation of American women?
5. What did the men do to defy the "masculine mystique"?
6. What was the basis of all neurosis of people, according to Freud?
7. What choice did the mystique leave to women?
8. Define high dominance and low dominance feeling.
9. What is ironic about the path to feminine fulfillment?
10. How was Margaret Mead exempt from the lack of fulfillment that most women felt?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)