|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tribe do men and women assume masculine roles?
2. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Getting a quality education.
(b) Being an independent women.
(c) Being a good mother.
(d) Being a housewife.
3. What doesn't work together to produce femininity?
(a) Penis envy.
(b) Deficient female anatomy.
4. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
(c) All relations between men and women.
(d) All of these.
5. How is the identity of women determined?
(a) By her own choices.
(b) By how good of a wife she is.
(c) By how many children she has.
(d) By biology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
2. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
3. What had become a trap?
4. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
5. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sex was responsible for the divorcing of women and the outside world?
2. How did American women learn how to free themselves by speaking out for the slaves?
3. Summarize Margaret Mead's ideals as shown in this book.
4. What qualified women for the category of "True Housewife Type"?
5. How does a woman fulfill her psychological and sociological roles by being a shopper?
6. What happened as women who were highly intelligent let go of their interests for the role of wife and mother?
7. How is a definitive knowledge of self needed to mature?
8. What is the double deception of the feminine mystique?
9. In what way did society have to be restructured regarding sexuality?
10. What uniformly happened to the population of America following the war?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)