|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
(a) That his word was law and answered all questions.
(b) All of these.
(c) That he was the leading word on the subject.
(d) That his deductions about the female psyche were complete.
2. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
(a) They must reproduce.
(b) They must remain infantile.
(c) They must embrace their role as women.
(d) They must find themselves first.
3. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
(a) Sexual abuse.
(b) Sexual appetite.
(c) Sexual oppression.
(d) Sexual repression.
4. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were forcibly fed.
(b) They were flogged and beaten.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were starved to death.
5. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The occupation of housewife.
(b) The occupation of motherhood.
(c) The allure of being a wife.
(d) The Feminine Mystique.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stressed in a functional education?
2. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
3. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
4. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
5. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way did society have to be restructured regarding sexuality?
2. What is the simple truth of fulfillment?
3. How did American women learn how to free themselves by speaking out for the slaves?
4. How does a woman fulfill her psychological and sociological roles by being a shopper?
5. What sex was responsible for the divorcing of women and the outside world?
6. What do the children of vicarious living mothers commonly identify with?
7. What might have happened if women had gone on to continue their education?
8. Explain the passage from MARRIAGE FOR MODERNS.
9. What were the side effects of the "youth serum" when the young woman aged?
10. Why did real feminists believe the radical "man hating, marriage opposing" feminists were getting more media coverage?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)