|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which women were happiest?
(a) Married women.
(b) Unmarried women.
(c) Educated women.
(d) Uneducated women.
2. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
(a) An act of war.
(b) An act of rebellion.
(c) An act of contrition.
(d) An act of passivity.
3. What instrument did men in Bali use?
(a) Their voices.
(b) A flute.
4. What weren't these feminists called?
(b) Sex starved.
(c) Penis enviers.
5. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
(a) She had no interest in it.
(b) She was angry about giving it up.
(c) She had no time for the study following kids.
(d) It was too painful because she had given it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
2. What silent question did women ask themselves?
3. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
4. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
5. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Freud's psychoanalytical views be discounted?
2. What is the difference in the male and female roles?
3. What kinds of conventional arrangements were made between women to maintain careers while there was a war?
4. What might have happened if women had gone on to continue their education?
5. How did sexual interaction at an early age affect development?
6. What was the problem with the young women of this age group?
7. According to the media, why should an American housewife be happy with her lot?
8. What is the difference between when a man works at home and when a woman works at home?
9. What was the reason for Freud's research and what did he hope to achieve?
10. What kinds of problems can arise for the woman saying "no" to the feminine mystique?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)