|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was considered 'real' life?
(a) Spinsterhood life.
(b) Married life.
(c) Career life.
(d) Single life.
2. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Being an independent women.
(b) Getting a quality education.
(c) Being a good mother.
(d) Being a housewife.
3. What had become a trap?
(a) The lack of personal image in women.
(b) The home life.
(c) The small-minded image of women.
(d) The disregard of the way women feel.
4. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
(a) An act of contrition.
(b) An act of rebellion.
(c) An act of war.
(d) An act of passivity.
5. What was not a part of women's worlds?
(a) Charming and keeping a man.
(c) Home care.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
2. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
3. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
4. What was affected by functional analysis?
5. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define "Feminine protest".
2. Why did most women think there was something wrong with them?
3. How did sexual interaction at an early age affect development?
4. What qualified women for the category of "True Housewife Type"?
5. What, according to Mrs. Friedan is the leading cause of men seeking out homosexual relationships?
6. What is the distinguishing feature about the women of the suburbs?
7. How does a woman fulfill her psychological and sociological roles by being a shopper?
8. What things hold women back from achieving the education they need to be a beneficial part of society?
9. How did American women learn how to free themselves by speaking out for the slaves?
10. What kinds of problems can arise for the woman saying "no" to the feminine mystique?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)