|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) The manipulators.
(b) Their clients.
(c) The manipulators and their clients.
(d) The women themselves.
2. The strongest sexual pleasures are found in ______ ______ _____ .
(a) School and self-realization.
(b) Self-actualizing people.
(c) Homes and workforce.
(d) Self-debasing people.
3. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
(a) P. Northcote Parkinson.
(b) C. Northcoat Parkinson.
(c) C. Northcote Parkinson.
(d) C Northcote Parkinton.
4. Women must learn to compete not as female but as ______.
5. What do women seek in their men?
6. What is instinctive in the human sense?
(a) Food and sex.
(b) Sex and shelter.
(c) Knowlege and self realization.
(d) Growth and self realization.
7. Why is it easier to live through someone else as opposed to finding yourself?
(a) There are many problems to be faced with the family.
(b) It is frightening.
(c) There is a lot of criticism.
(d) None of these.
8. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
(a) Behavior that is contrary to what is desireable.
(b) Delinquent behavior.
(c) Behavior that is not in accordance with reality.
(d) Behavior that is emulated by the parents.
9. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
10. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
(a) American mothers.
(b) Russian mothers.
(c) Chinese mothers.
(d) Japanese mothers.
11. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
(b) Society at large.
(c) Their mothers.
(d) Their fathers.
12. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
(a) Molly coddling their children.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Juvenile delinquency.
13. When did Professor Maslow begin his study of the relationship between sexuality and the "dominance" feeling?
(a) In the 1940s.
(b) In the 1950s.
(c) In the 1920s.
(d) In the 1930s.
14. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
(a) All of these.
(b) That most men will be married in college.
(c) That no man will want her.
(d) That she will no longer be feminine.
15. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
(a) Five times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Two times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inextricably linked to a woman's sexual satisfaction and emotional stability?
2. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
3. Women's chances at happiness in marriage _______ as their career participation ________ .
4. What occurred in the last decade?
5. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)