|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
(a) Society at large.
(b) Their fathers.
(c) Their mothers.
2. What is the first step in finding oneself as a woman?
(a) To seek guidance from others that have gone before you.
(b) To say unequivocally "no" to the feminine mystique.
(c) To answer the question "who am I?".
(d) To balance home and career.
3. What sparked the White House's interest?
(a) A rise in political instability.
(b) Muscular deterioration.
(c) A rise in juvinile delinquency.
(d) A rise in violent crime.
4. How many women had engaged in extramarital sex?
(a) Three in four.
(b) One in four.
(c) Two in four.
(d) Nine of ten.
5. Which women are more often the sex-seekers than finders?
(a) The metropolis housewives.
(b) The suburban housewives.
(c) The city housewives.
(d) The rural housewives.
6. Wives became __________________.
(a) Complete dominators of the household activities.
(b) All of these.
(d) Know it alls.
7. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
(a) They all weren't fulltime housewives.
(b) They all had passions and knew what they wanted.
(c) They all had found fulfillment outside of the home.
(d) All of these.
8. How did the image of sex change?
(a) Men had appetites women couldn't fill.
(b) Women had appetites men couldn't fill.
(c) Men were sexually chasing women.
(d) Women were sexually chasing men.
9. The strongest sexual pleasures are found in ______ ______ _____ .
(a) Self-debasing people.
(b) School and self-realization.
(c) Homes and workforce.
(d) Self-actualizing people.
10. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
(a) None of these.
(b) Guilt over the hidden dirt.
(c) Desire to get the best clean.
(d) Fear of exposure to deadly bacteria.
11. What was the only thing that these kids looked for?
(b) None of these.
12. What do women seek in their men?
13. What is the key to getting out of the trap of the mystique?
14. How much of all advertising budget is spent to appeal to women?
15. In 1948, what was the percentage of men that had had some homosexual experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
2. What is the second step in finding oneself as a woman?
3. What occurred in the last decade?
4. Why is it easier to live through someone else as opposed to finding yourself?
5. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)