|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the key to getting out of the trap of the mystique?
2. What does Professor Maslow say about the words "feminine" and "masculine"?
(a) They are misleading.
(b) They don't jive with his studies and aren't considered practical.
(c) They are necessary to segregate the sexes.
(d) They are an abbhoration on the human spirit and character.
3. What reason is not given for women who possess a low dominance personality in regards to leadership?
(a) They are afriad of responsibility.
(b) They feel incompetent.
(c) They don't believe its possible to be a woman and lead.
(d) They don't want to be at the forefront of anything.
4. Wives became __________________.
(a) All of these.
(c) Complete dominators of the household activities.
(d) Know it alls.
5. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Juvenile delinquency.
(c) Molly coddling their children.
(d) Both of these.
6. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
(a) Live deeper within the feminine mystique.
(b) Grow up and have interests outside of being a wife and mother.
(c) Cling more to their children.
(d) Cling to their husbands.
7. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
(a) None of these.
(b) Marital fulfillment.
(d) Personal fulfillment.
8. What is the really crucial role of the housewife?
(a) To buy more things for the house.
(b) All of these.
(c) To raise children.
(d) To be a good wife.
9. Housework presents _______________.
(a) An interesting job description for American women.
(b) No difficulty to the adult mind.
(c) I don't know.
(d) A significant challenge.
10. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
(a) Behavior that is contrary to what is desireable.
(b) Behavior that is not in accordance with reality.
(c) Behavior that is emulated by the parents.
(d) Delinquent behavior.
11. How did the image of sex change?
(a) Men were sexually chasing women.
(b) Women were sexually chasing men.
(c) Women had appetites men couldn't fill.
(d) Men had appetites women couldn't fill.
12. What is the key problem in promiscuity?
(a) High self esteem.
(b) Conditioning by the parents.
(c) Low self esteem.
13. Why isn't a woman encouraged to buy whatever needed to get her out of the home and finding herself?
(a) Husbands aren't interested in new gadgets.
(b) Career women are harder to sell to.
(c) The product vendors need housewives, not independent women.
(d) None of these.
14. What is the simple definition of the problem that has no name?
(a) The possibility of work outside the home.
(b) The lack of work outside the home for housewives.
(c) The lack of educational facilities outside the home for housewives.
(d) American woman are kept from realizing their potential.
15. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
(a) Arnold Green.
(b) Dr. Spock.
(c) David Levy.
(d) Dr. Strecker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is characteristic of underdeveloped nations?
2. What was the real cause of feminism and women's frustration?
3. Which women are more often the sex-seekers than finders?
4. How much of all advertising budget is spent to appeal to women?
5. The strongest sexual pleasures are found in ______ ______ _____ .
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)