|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The strongest sexual pleasures are found in ______ ______ _____ .
(a) Self-debasing people.
(b) School and self-realization.
(c) Homes and workforce.
(d) Self-actualizing people.
2. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
(a) Guilt over the hidden dirt.
(b) Fear of exposure to deadly bacteria.
(c) None of these.
(d) Desire to get the best clean.
3. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
(a) Career women.
(b) Balanced housewives.
(c) Fulfilled housewifes.
(d) True housewives.
4. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
(a) Grow up and have interests outside of being a wife and mother.
(b) Cling more to their children.
(c) Live deeper within the feminine mystique.
(d) Cling to their husbands.
5. How many women had engaged in extramarital sex?
(a) Three in four.
(b) Two in four.
(c) One in four.
(d) Nine of ten.
6. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
(a) C Northcote Parkinton.
(b) P. Northcote Parkinson.
(c) C. Northcote Parkinson.
(d) C. Northcoat Parkinson.
7. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
(a) That most men will be married in college.
(b) That she will no longer be feminine.
(c) All of these.
(d) That no man will want her.
8. Housework presents _______________.
(a) No difficulty to the adult mind.
(b) An interesting job description for American women.
(c) I don't know.
(d) A significant challenge.
9. What occurred in the last decade?
(a) An increase in preoccupation with sex.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) An increase in sexual activity.
10. Wives became __________________.
(a) All of these.
(b) Know it alls.
(c) Complete dominators of the household activities.
11. What was the real cause of feminism and women's frustration?
(a) The lack or respect gained for the housewifes role.
(b) The emptiness in the housewife's role.
(c) The lack of appreciation for the housewife's role.
(d) All of these.
12. What do women seek in their men?
13. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
(a) She is harder to sell to.
(b) She has no time to shop.
(c) She doesn't care about promotions.
(d) She isn't interested and has housekeepers.
14. What is the easiest way out of figuring out who you are and what it is you want out of life?
(a) Sex and early marriage.
(b) Sex and children.
(c) All of these.
(d) Having children.
15. Why is it easier to live through someone else as opposed to finding yourself?
(a) There is a lot of criticism.
(b) None of these.
(c) There are many problems to be faced with the family.
(d) It is frightening.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
2. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
3. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
4. What are considered "mutations"?
5. When did Professor Maslow begin his study of the relationship between sexuality and the "dominance" feeling?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)