|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
(a) Grow up and have interests outside of being a wife and mother.
(b) Cling to their husbands.
(c) Live deeper within the feminine mystique.
(d) Cling more to their children.
2. How do women find enjoyment in being a woman?
(a) They stop conforming to the image of femininty.
(b) They stop listening to their parents speaking for them.
(c) All of these.
(d) They decide that their lives as an individual are far more important.
3. What are considered "mutations"?
(a) Women who pursue careers despite their handicap of gender.
(b) Men wanting to be housewives.
(c) All of these.
(d) Asexual woman.
4. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
(a) They completed it faster than those that did.
(b) They seemed a lot more fulfilled.
(c) They didn't undergo extensive psychotherapy.
(d) They didn't do as much housework as those that did.
5. What accompanies the growth in mental activity?
(a) Postponed families.
(b) Postponement of sexual activity.
(c) Postponed erections.
(d) Postponed marriages.
6. What have psychiatrists used to cure neurosis in the past?
(a) They tried to help them debase their own potential.
(b) They tried to fit them into a culture.
(c) They used electroshock therapy.
(d) They used brainscans to monitor the changes in the patient.
7. What is the first step in finding oneself as a woman?
(a) To answer the question "who am I?".
(b) To say unequivocally "no" to the feminine mystique.
(c) To seek guidance from others that have gone before you.
(d) To balance home and career.
8. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
(a) Five times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Four times.
9. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
(a) She is harder to sell to.
(b) She has no time to shop.
(c) She isn't interested and has housekeepers.
(d) She doesn't care about promotions.
10. "______ not _____ is the tie that binds."
(a) Love, respect.
(b) Love, trust.
(c) Respect, love.
(d) Trust, love.
11. In 1948, what was the percentage of men that had had some homosexual experience?
12. What did the feminists see most clearly?
(a) That education and the right to participate in advanced society were what was most needed.
(b) That the outdated view of feminine behavior would lead to social deterioration.
(c) That women were equal in the necessary fight for individuality.
(d) All of these.
13. Out of twenty-five women, how many were serious enough to write a resume to improve their lives?
14. How many women had engaged in extramarital sex?
(a) Nine of ten.
(b) Two in four.
(c) One in four.
(d) Three in four.
15. Why isn't a woman encouraged to buy whatever needed to get her out of the home and finding herself?
(a) None of these.
(b) Husbands aren't interested in new gadgets.
(c) Career women are harder to sell to.
(d) The product vendors need housewives, not independent women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason is not given for women who possess a low dominance personality in regards to leadership?
2. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
3. What sparked the White House's interest?
4. How did the image of sex change?
5. The strongest sexual pleasures are found in ______ ______ _____ .
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)