|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the key to getting out of the trap of the mystique?
2. The most challenging and time consuming tasks of housework can be handled in capacity by a(n) ______________.
(a) Eight-year-old child.
(b) Eleven-year-old child.
(c) Highly intelligent woman.
(d) Nine-year-old child.
3. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) The manipulators.
(b) The manipulators and their clients.
(c) Their clients.
(d) The women themselves.
4. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
5. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
(a) They seemed a lot more fulfilled.
(b) They didn't undergo extensive psychotherapy.
(c) They completed it faster than those that did.
(d) They didn't do as much housework as those that did.
6. How did the image of sex change?
(a) Women were sexually chasing men.
(b) Women had appetites men couldn't fill.
(c) Men were sexually chasing women.
(d) Men had appetites women couldn't fill.
7. Women must learn to compete not as female but as ______.
8. Out of twenty-five women, how many were serious enough to write a resume to improve their lives?
9. What was the only thing that these kids looked for?
(c) None of these.
10. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
(b) Their fathers.
(c) Society at large.
(d) Their mothers.
11. Why isn't a woman encouraged to buy whatever needed to get her out of the home and finding herself?
(a) The product vendors need housewives, not independent women.
(b) None of these.
(c) Husbands aren't interested in new gadgets.
(d) Career women are harder to sell to.
12. What is the most powerful argument of the feminine mystique?
(a) That the woman will be less of a woman if she doesn't stay at home.
(b) That the woman may lose her fertility if she works outside of the home.
(c) All of these.
(d) That the woman rejects her husband and children if she doesn't stay at home.
13. What is the unique characteristic of human existence?
(a) The ability to transpose past in to
(b) All of these.
(c) The ability to see ones experience in the past and future.
(d) The ability to learn from the past and transpose it to the future and present.
14. What is the first step in finding oneself as a woman?
(a) To answer the question "who am I?".
(b) To balance home and career.
(c) To say unequivocally "no" to the feminine mystique.
(d) To seek guidance from others that have gone before you.
15. How do women find enjoyment in being a woman?
(a) They stop conforming to the image of femininty.
(b) They stop listening to their parents speaking for them.
(c) All of these.
(d) They decide that their lives as an individual are far more important.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sparked the White House's interest?
2. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
3. What occurred in the last decade?
4. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
5. How many women had engaged in extramarital sex?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)