|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
(a) They turned to their children.
(b) They turned to their husbands.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
2. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
3. "______ not _____ is the tie that binds."
(a) Trust, love.
(b) Love, trust.
(c) Respect, love.
(d) Love, respect.
4. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
(a) Career women.
(b) Balanced housewives.
(c) Fulfilled housewifes.
(d) True housewives.
5. What is the key to getting out of the trap of the mystique?
6. In 1948, what was the percentage of men that had had some homosexual experience?
7. How many women did Maslow find actually fulfilled their selves in the sense of a dominant feeling?
8. What reason is not given for women who possess a low dominance personality in regards to leadership?
(a) They don't believe its possible to be a woman and lead.
(b) They feel incompetent.
(c) They don't want to be at the forefront of anything.
(d) They are afriad of responsibility.
9. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
(a) All of these.
(b) They all weren't fulltime housewives.
(c) They all had passions and knew what they wanted.
(d) They all had found fulfillment outside of the home.
10. What year was the survey published for electrical appliances?
11. What should be the goal of every normal woman?
(a) "To shop unscrupulously".
(b) "The art of being a great housewife".
(c) "To be an independent buyer".
(d) "The art of good homemaking".
12. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
(a) She isn't interested and has housekeepers.
(b) She has no time to shop.
(c) She doesn't care about promotions.
(d) She is harder to sell to.
13. What does Professor Maslow say about the words "feminine" and "masculine"?
(a) They don't jive with his studies and aren't considered practical.
(b) They are misleading.
(c) They are an abbhoration on the human spirit and character.
(d) They are necessary to segregate the sexes.
14. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
15. Women must learn to compete not as female but as ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
2. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
3. How many women had engaged in extramarital sex?
4. Why isn't a woman encouraged to buy whatever needed to get her out of the home and finding herself?
5. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)