|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only frontier available to women that have lived always within the confines of the feminine mystique?
(d) None of these.
2. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
(a) Five times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Two times.
3. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
(a) Japanese mothers.
(b) Chinese mothers.
(c) Russian mothers.
(d) American mothers.
4. What sparked the White House's interest?
(a) Muscular deterioration.
(b) A rise in juvinile delinquency.
(c) A rise in violent crime.
(d) A rise in political instability.
5. What does Professor Maslow say about the words "feminine" and "masculine"?
(a) They don't jive with his studies and aren't considered practical.
(b) They are an abbhoration on the human spirit and character.
(c) They are misleading.
(d) They are necessary to segregate the sexes.
6. What accompanies the growth in mental activity?
(a) Postponement of sexual activity.
(b) Postponed families.
(c) Postponed marriages.
(d) Postponed erections.
7. When did Professor Maslow begin his study of the relationship between sexuality and the "dominance" feeling?
(a) In the 1930s.
(b) In the 1940s.
(c) In the 1950s.
(d) In the 1920s.
8. How many women did Maslow find actually fulfilled their selves in the sense of a dominant feeling?
9. Out of twenty-five women, how many were serious enough to write a resume to improve their lives?
10. What did the feminists see most clearly?
(a) All of these.
(b) That women were equal in the necessary fight for individuality.
(c) That the outdated view of feminine behavior would lead to social deterioration.
(d) That education and the right to participate in advanced society were what was most needed.
11. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
(a) Their mothers and wives.
(b) Their education and ambitions.
(c) Their sisters and brothers.
(d) Their jobs and careers.
12. In a Rorschach test, a majority of animal images over human images is indicative of ___________________.
(d) Sexual promiscuity.
13. What year was the survey published for electrical appliances?
14. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
(a) Behavior that is contrary to what is desireable.
(b) Behavior that is emulated by the parents.
(c) Delinquent behavior.
(d) Behavior that is not in accordance with reality.
15. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
(a) By buying products for the home and family.
(b) All of these.
(c) By buying things to help her marriage.
(d) By buying things that made her feel good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
2. What is the second step in finding oneself as a woman?
3. What need is deeply set within human nature?
4. Housework was specially suited to what kind of girls?
5. What have psychiatrists used to cure neurosis in the past?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)