|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
(a) Chinese mothers.
(b) Russian mothers.
(c) American mothers.
(d) Japanese mothers.
2. How do women find enjoyment in being a woman?
(a) All of these.
(b) They decide that their lives as an individual are far more important.
(c) They stop listening to their parents speaking for them.
(d) They stop conforming to the image of femininty.
3. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
(a) That no man will want her.
(b) That she will no longer be feminine.
(c) All of these.
(d) That most men will be married in college.
4. Why is it easier to live through someone else as opposed to finding yourself?
(a) None of these.
(b) It is frightening.
(c) There are many problems to be faced with the family.
(d) There is a lot of criticism.
5. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) The women themselves.
(b) The manipulators.
(c) Their clients.
(d) The manipulators and their clients.
6. What is the key problem in promiscuity?
(b) Low self esteem.
(c) Conditioning by the parents.
(d) High self esteem.
7. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
(a) Their jobs and careers.
(b) Their education and ambitions.
(c) Their sisters and brothers.
(d) Their mothers and wives.
8. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
(a) By buying products for the home and family.
(b) All of these.
(c) By buying things to help her marriage.
(d) By buying things that made her feel good.
9. How many women had engaged in extramarital sex?
(a) Three in four.
(b) Nine of ten.
(c) Two in four.
(d) One in four.
10. Women's chances at happiness in marriage _______ as their career participation ________ .
(a) increased, decreased.
(b) decreased, increased.
(c) increased, increased.
(d) decreased, decreased.
11. How did the labor saving appliance work?
(a) By plugging it in.
(b) To decrease the time it took for the modern woman to do things.
(c) To create an increase in labor due to elaboration.
(d) To increase the functional time of a woman.
12. "______ not _____ is the tie that binds."
(a) Love, respect.
(b) Respect, love.
(c) Trust, love.
(d) Love, trust.
13. Housework was specially suited to what kind of girls?
(a) Attractive girls.
(b) Feeble-minded girls.
(c) Able-minded girls.
(d) Intelligent girls.
14. How much of all advertising budget is spent to appeal to women?
15. In a Rorschach test, a majority of animal images over human images is indicative of ___________________.
(a) Sexual promiscuity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Professor Maslow say about the words "feminine" and "masculine"?
2. Wives became __________________.
3. How did the image of sex change?
4. What year was the survey published for electrical appliances?
5. What need is deeply set within human nature?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)