|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sparked the White House's interest?
(a) A rise in political instability.
(b) A rise in violent crime.
(c) Muscular deterioration.
(d) A rise in juvinile delinquency.
2. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
3. The strongest sexual pleasures are found in ______ ______ _____ .
(a) Self-debasing people.
(b) Self-actualizing people.
(c) School and self-realization.
(d) Homes and workforce.
4. How did Andras Angyal describe this weakness?
(a) None of these.
(b) A social evasion of growth.
(c) A psychotic evasion of growth,
(d) A neurotic evasion of growth.
5. What is the really crucial role of the housewife?
(a) To raise children.
(b) To buy more things for the house.
(c) All of these.
(d) To be a good wife.
6. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
(a) The spending of money.
(b) The buying of things.
(c) The working to pay bills.
(d) The saving of money.
7. What occurred in the last decade?
(a) An increase in sexual activity.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) An increase in preoccupation with sex.
8. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
(a) Personal fulfillment.
(b) Marital fulfillment.
(c) None of these.
9. What was wrong with children?
(a) They lacked fire.
(b) They were following the feminine mystique to the letter.
(c) They were going through their lives without passion or direction.
(d) They all sleepwalked.
10. How many women had engaged in extramarital sex?
(a) Nine of ten.
(b) Three in four.
(c) One in four.
(d) Two in four.
11. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
(a) True housewives.
(b) Fulfilled housewifes.
(c) Balanced housewives.
(d) Career women.
12. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
(a) C. Northcote Parkinson.
(b) C. Northcoat Parkinson.
(c) C Northcote Parkinton.
(d) P. Northcote Parkinson.
13. Why is it harder for orthodox Catholic or Jewish women to break out of the mystique?
(a) None of these.
(b) The feminine mystique is ingrained into their religion.
(c) Their clergy do not approve of working mothers.
(d) Women are expected to participate in church functions.
14. Housework was specially suited to what kind of girls?
(a) Able-minded girls.
(b) Intelligent girls.
(c) Attractive girls.
(d) Feeble-minded girls.
15. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
(a) Five times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the labor saving appliance work?
2. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
3. Housework presents _______________.
4. What is the only frontier available to women that have lived always within the confines of the feminine mystique?
5. What did the feminists see most clearly?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)