|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
2. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
3. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
(a) The saving of money.
(b) The buying of things.
(c) The working to pay bills.
(d) The spending of money.
4. Housework was specially suited to what kind of girls?
(a) Feeble-minded girls.
(b) Intelligent girls.
(c) Able-minded girls.
(d) Attractive girls.
5. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
(a) They didn't undergo extensive psychotherapy.
(b) They didn't do as much housework as those that did.
(c) They completed it faster than those that did.
(d) They seemed a lot more fulfilled.
6. What is the only frontier available to women that have lived always within the confines of the feminine mystique?
(c) None of these.
7. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
(a) She has no time to shop.
(b) She doesn't care about promotions.
(c) She is harder to sell to.
(d) She isn't interested and has housekeepers.
8. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
(a) They were always dissatisfied with their marital affairs.
(b) They were always envying their neighbors.
(c) They were always frantically busy.
(d) They were all thirty pounds overweight.
9. What sparked the White House's interest?
(a) A rise in political instability.
(b) Muscular deterioration.
(c) A rise in violent crime.
(d) A rise in juvinile delinquency.
10. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
(a) Five times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
11. What is the second step in finding oneself as a woman?
(a) To realize marriage is over glorified by the feminine mystique.
(b) To understand that you will face scrutiny of your peers.
(c) To realize that the road isn't easy, but it is rewarding.
(d) None of these.
12. In 1948, what was the percentage of men that had had some homosexual experience?
13. What reason is not given for women who possess a low dominance personality in regards to leadership?
(a) They are afriad of responsibility.
(b) They don't believe its possible to be a woman and lead.
(c) They don't want to be at the forefront of anything.
(d) They feel incompetent.
14. How do women find enjoyment in being a woman?
(a) All of these.
(b) They stop listening to their parents speaking for them.
(c) They stop conforming to the image of femininty.
(d) They decide that their lives as an individual are far more important.
15. When did Professor Maslow begin his study of the relationship between sexuality and the "dominance" feeling?
(a) In the 1930s.
(b) In the 1920s.
(c) In the 1950s.
(d) In the 1940s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key problem in promiscuity?
2. What is instinctive in the human sense?
3. What is characteristic of underdeveloped nations?
4. Out of twenty-five women, how many were serious enough to write a resume to improve their lives?
5. Which women are more often the sex-seekers than finders?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)