|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
(a) David Levy.
(b) Dr. Strecker.
(c) Dr. Spock.
(d) Arnold Green.
2. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
(a) They turned to their husbands.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) They turned to their children.
3. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
(a) They were all thirty pounds overweight.
(b) They were always envying their neighbors.
(c) They were always frantically busy.
(d) They were always dissatisfied with their marital affairs.
4. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
(a) Molly coddling their children.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Juvenile delinquency.
(d) Both of these.
5. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
6. What is the only frontier available to women that have lived always within the confines of the feminine mystique?
(a) None of these.
7. In the name of femininity women are encouraged to ______ human growth.
8. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
(a) Their sisters and brothers.
(b) Their jobs and careers.
(c) Their mothers and wives.
(d) Their education and ambitions.
9. What is the key to getting out of the trap of the mystique?
10. In a Rorschach test, a majority of animal images over human images is indicative of ___________________.
(d) Sexual promiscuity.
11. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
(a) Japanese mothers.
(b) Russian mothers.
(c) American mothers.
(d) Chinese mothers.
12. Housework presents _______________.
(a) No difficulty to the adult mind.
(b) A significant challenge.
(c) I don't know.
(d) An interesting job description for American women.
13. Women must learn to compete not as female but as ______.
14. "______ not _____ is the tie that binds."
(a) Respect, love.
(b) Trust, love.
(c) Love, respect.
(d) Love, trust.
15. What is contrary to the feminine mystique?
(a) Sexual satisfaction is not a mark of fulfillment.
(b) The feminine mystique keeps both sexes from maturing.
(c) All of these.
(d) Neither sex can be happy within the feminine mystique.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
2. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
3. What is the really crucial role of the housewife?
4. What was the problem with the vast majority of men and boys born to mothers enthralled in the mystique?
5. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)