|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with children?
(a) They were following the feminine mystique to the letter.
(b) They were going through their lives without passion or direction.
(c) They all sleepwalked.
(d) They lacked fire.
2. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
(a) None of these.
(b) Desire to get the best clean.
(c) Fear of exposure to deadly bacteria.
(d) Guilt over the hidden dirt.
3. What does Professor Maslow say about the words "feminine" and "masculine"?
(a) They don't jive with his studies and aren't considered practical.
(b) They are misleading.
(c) They are an abbhoration on the human spirit and character.
(d) They are necessary to segregate the sexes.
4. What do women seek in their men?
5. What is the key problem in promiscuity?
(b) High self esteem.
(c) Conditioning by the parents.
(d) Low self esteem.
6. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
(a) It was compared to the life career women felt.
(b) It was explained that they could feel this in marriage too.
(c) It was a way to keep marriages occurring in post war America.
(d) None of these.
7. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) They turned to their husbands.
(d) They turned to their children.
8. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Five times.
9. What is the only frontier available to women that have lived always within the confines of the feminine mystique?
(b) None of these.
10. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
(a) P. Northcote Parkinson.
(b) C. Northcote Parkinson.
(c) C Northcote Parkinton.
(d) C. Northcoat Parkinson.
11. What was the only thing that these kids looked for?
(c) None of these.
12. What is instinctive in the human sense?
(a) Knowlege and self realization.
(b) Sex and shelter.
(c) Food and sex.
(d) Growth and self realization.
13. Out of twenty-five women, how many were serious enough to write a resume to improve their lives?
14. Wives became __________________.
(a) Complete dominators of the household activities.
(b) Know it alls.
(c) All of these.
15. How did the labor saving appliance work?
(a) To decrease the time it took for the modern woman to do things.
(b) To increase the functional time of a woman.
(c) By plugging it in.
(d) To create an increase in labor due to elaboration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are considered "mutations"?
2. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
3. What was the real cause of feminism and women's frustration?
4. What is inextricably linked to a woman's sexual satisfaction and emotional stability?
5. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)