|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six years.
2. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(b) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
(c) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
(d) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
3. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
(a) To become human.
(b) To mature.
(c) All of these.
(d) To grow.
4. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
(a) In their own relationships with those around them.
(b) In their own mind and spirit.
(c) Within in the confines of wife and motherhood.
(d) Within the walls of their homes.
5. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(b) Maternal instinct.
(c) Rearing the child.
(d) The desire to protect the home.
6. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
(a) The emancipation of American from the British throne.
(b) The movement to free the slaves.
(c) None of these.
(d) The Revolution.
7. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
8. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was portrayed as evil.
(b) She was denied the ability to have children.
(c) She was shown as being disdainful.
(d) She was shown as being a bad person.
9. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
(a) They must find themselves first.
(b) They must remain infantile.
(c) They must reproduce.
(d) They must embrace their role as women.
10. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were flogged and beaten.
(b) They were forcibly fed.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were starved to death.
11. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Being like her mother.
(b) Marrying a man like her father.
(c) Becoming a career woman.
(d) Having children.
12. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
(a) Sexual, Identity.
(b) Education, Identity.
(c) Identity, Sexual.
(d) Sexual, Education.
13. What is considered "phallic activity"?
(a) Holding ones' genitals.
(b) None of these.
(c) Things that normally pertain to men.
(d) All of these.
14. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(a) The ability to reason.
(d) The ability to be impassioned.
15. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
(a) Sexual appetite.
(b) Sexual oppression.
(c) Sexual repression.
(d) Sexual abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
2. How is spinsterhood viewed?
3. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
4. What was considered 'real' life?
5. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)