|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
(a) They desire change in government.
(b) They pay attention to political parties.
(c) Politics is a topic for which both parties can share.
(d) It concerns their home and husband.
2. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
(a) They are inferior to men.
(b) They are superior to men.
(c) They are complimentary to men.
(d) They are in excess of men.
3. What narrow comfort is offered women to become homemakers?
(a) To be successful she must know many arts.
(b) All of these.
(c) A woman's destiny revolves around the home.
(d) No woman can eternally resist the temptation of starting a family.
4. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
(a) They are more concerned about the future.
(b) They are able to blow things too far out of proportion.
(c) The ideologies of the superego live in the past.
(d) They are plagued with their knowledge of a past.
5. What doesn't work together to produce femininity?
(b) Deficient female anatomy.
(d) Penis envy.
6. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
(a) The Revolution.
(b) The emancipation of American from the British throne.
(c) The movement to free the slaves.
(d) None of these.
7. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They never grow up.
(b) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
(c) All of these.
(d) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
8. What had become a trap?
(a) The lack of personal image in women.
(b) The small-minded image of women.
(c) The disregard of the way women feel.
(d) The home life.
9. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The occupation of housewife.
(b) The Feminine Mystique.
(c) The allure of being a wife.
(d) The occupation of motherhood.
10. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Getting married and having kids.
(b) Having children.
(c) Enrolling in university.
(d) Deciding what one wants to be.
11. What became a dirty word?
(a) Free thinking woman.
(b) Career woman.
(c) Opinionated woman.
(d) Working woman.
12. What weren't these feminists called?
(c) Penis enviers.
(d) Sex starved.
13. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was denied the ability to have children.
(b) She was shown as being disdainful.
(c) She was shown as being a bad person.
(d) She was portrayed as evil.
14. How is the identity of women determined?
(a) By her own choices.
(b) By biology.
(c) By how good of a wife she is.
(d) By how many children she has.
15. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Having children.
(b) Becoming a career woman.
(c) Being like her mother.
(d) Marrying a man like her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the union member get labeled as?
2. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
3. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
4. What was not a part of women's worlds?
5. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)