|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weren't these feminists called?
(b) Penis enviers.
(d) Sex starved.
2. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
(a) All of these.
(b) To mature.
(c) To become human.
(d) To grow.
3. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
4. What happened following Margaret's work?
(a) Making babies took on a cultish meaning.
(b) Women glorified their own femininity.
(c) Women found no other ways to create.
(d) All of these.
5. Which statement best fits the main problem?
(a) Women weren't challenged in their lifestyle.
(b) Women had become too comfortable.
(c) Women longed for careers.
(d) Women had lost their self identity.
6. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was portrayed as evil.
(b) She was denied the ability to have children.
(c) She was shown as being a bad person.
(d) She was shown as being disdainful.
7. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) Rearing the child.
(b) Maternal instinct.
(c) The desire to protect the home.
8. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
(a) Sexual, Identity.
(b) Sexual, Education.
(c) Identity, Sexual.
(d) Education, Identity.
9. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
(a) They are plagued with their knowledge of a past.
(b) They are more concerned about the future.
(c) The ideologies of the superego live in the past.
(d) They are able to blow things too far out of proportion.
10. What is the problem with educating women early to fulfill their sexual roles in regards to the opposite sex?
(a) Their children only have one role.
(b) Their relationships are doomed to suffocate.
(c) All of these.
(d) Their men can't achieve their full potentials.
11. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
(a) They desire change in government.
(b) Politics is a topic for which both parties can share.
(c) They pay attention to political parties.
(d) It concerns their home and husband.
12. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The undervaluation of femininity.
(b) The availability of work to women.
(c) The overemphasis on femininity.
(d) The availability of an education to women.
13. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
(a) They must remain infantile.
(b) They must reproduce.
(c) They must find themselves first.
(d) They must embrace their role as women.
14. In what would Martha take refuge?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her children.
15. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
(a) In their own mind and spirit.
(b) Within the walls of their homes.
(c) In their own relationships with those around them.
(d) Within in the confines of wife and motherhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
2. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
3. What requires increased glamorization every year?
4. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
5. Why couldn't women study physics?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)