|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Freidan question in regards to Freudian thought?
(a) Its truth.
(b) Its use.
(c) It's practicality.
(d) Its therapy.
2. What did Margaret Mead's work persuade women to do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Pursue an education despite the potential cost of family life.
(c) Give up their femininity in exchange for their humanity.
(d) Give up their humanity in exchange for their femininity.
3. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
(a) They are complimentary to men.
(b) They are superior to men.
(c) They are inferior to men.
(d) They are in excess of men.
4. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
(b) All of these.
(c) They never grow up.
(d) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
5. How is the identity of women determined?
(a) By biology.
(b) By how good of a wife she is.
(c) By how many children she has.
(d) By her own choices.
6. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
(b) Housewife's Blight.
(c) Chicken pox.
7. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
8. Why couldn't women study physics?
(a) They didn't have the aptitude for it.
(b) They didn't want to study it.
(c) They weren't allowed in the classes.
(d) It was considered unfeminine.
9. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) The desire to protect the home.
(b) Maternal instinct.
(d) Rearing the child.
10. What does Parsons find in sexual segregation?
(a) It is functional.
(b) It is archaic.
(c) It is integral.
(d) It is necessary.
11. In what would Martha take refuge?
(b) The drawing room.
(c) Her children.
(d) All of these.
12. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) None of these.
(b) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
(c) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
(d) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
13. What is the important thing for a girl?
(a) To be understood.
(b) To trap a man.
(c) To be popular.
(d) To pursue her identity.
14. What silent question did women ask themselves?
(a) "What else is there to life?"
(b) "What am I missing?"
(c) "Why am I not content with this world?"
(d) "Is this all?"
15. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were flogged and beaten.
(b) They were forcibly fed.
(c) They were starved to death.
(d) They were killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became a dirty word?
2. What is the climax of adolescence?
3. How did Freud view his soon-to-be wife?
4. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
5. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)