|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tribe do men and women assume masculine roles?
2. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Deciding what one wants to be.
(b) Enrolling in university.
(c) Getting married and having kids.
(d) Having children.
3. What was the only answer possible in Freudian logic to make women satisfied?
(a) Much more sex, and that they need to make more babies.
(b) Beatification procedures.
(c) Weekly "Womens' meetings".
(d) Education, freedom and rights are wrong for women.
4. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
(a) That his word was law and answered all questions.
(b) That he was the leading word on the subject.
(c) That his deductions about the female psyche were complete.
(d) All of these.
5. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Getting a quality education.
(b) Being a housewife.
(c) Being a good mother.
(d) Being an independent women.
6. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
(a) She was angry about giving it up.
(b) She had no interest in it.
(c) She had no time for the study following kids.
(d) It was too painful because she had given it up.
7. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They never grow up.
(b) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
(c) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
(d) All of these.
8. How is spinsterhood viewed?
(a) As a noble sacrifice.
(b) As a respected way of life.
(c) As a personal tragedy.
(d) As an awesome responsibility to the nation.
9. What was not a part of women's worlds?
(c) Home care.
(d) Charming and keeping a man.
10. What became a dirty word?
(a) Working woman.
(b) Free thinking woman.
(c) Career woman.
(d) Opinionated woman.
11. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
(a) Chicken pox.
(d) Housewife's Blight.
12. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
(a) Sexual oppression.
(b) Sexual abuse.
(c) Sexual repression.
(d) Sexual appetite.
13. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
14. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
(b) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
(c) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(d) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
15. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(b) Maternal instinct.
(c) The desire to protect the home.
(d) Rearing the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the identity of women determined?
2. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
3. In what would Martha take refuge?
4. What did the union member get labeled as?
5. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)