|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
(a) A bitter wife.
(b) A man hater.
(c) None of these.
(d) A reasonable human being.
2. What had become a trap?
(a) The small-minded image of women.
(b) The home life.
(c) The lack of personal image in women.
(d) The disregard of the way women feel.
3. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
4. Why couldn't women study physics?
(a) It was considered unfeminine.
(b) They didn't want to study it.
(c) They didn't have the aptitude for it.
(d) They weren't allowed in the classes.
5. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) The desire to protect the home.
(b) Maternal instinct.
(c) Rearing the child.
6. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were forcibly fed.
(b) They were flogged and beaten.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were starved to death.
7. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
8. What is stressed in a functional education?
(b) Neither of these.
(c) I don't know.
9. What instrument did men in Bali use?
(b) Their voices.
(c) A flute.
10. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) The answer to the nameless problem.
(b) The idea that they were not alone.
(c) Women's husbands.
(d) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
11. What silent question did women ask themselves?
(a) "What am I missing?"
(b) "Why am I not content with this world?"
(c) "Is this all?"
(d) "What else is there to life?"
12. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
(a) Mood elevators.
(d) Sleeping pills.
13. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) Where their role in society was.
(b) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(c) To reproduce and be happy.
(d) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
14. What weren't these feminists called?
(c) Penis enviers.
(d) Sex starved.
15. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
(a) Politics is a topic for which both parties can share.
(b) It concerns their home and husband.
(c) They desire change in government.
(d) They pay attention to political parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What narrow comfort is offered women to become homemakers?
2. Which statement best fits the main problem?
3. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
4. What is considered "phallic activity"?
5. What is the important thing for a girl?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)