|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
(a) Deny womanhood.
(b) Never mate.
(c) Unsex herself.
(d) Defy God.
2. Margaret Mead frequently _______ herself.
3. What is the functionalist's primary concern?
(a) To move forward and advance.
(b) None of these.
(c) To grow and achieve more.
(d) To keep things as they are.
4. What instrument did men in Bali use?
(b) A flute.
(c) Their voices.
5. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Deciding what one wants to be.
(b) Having children.
(c) Getting married and having kids.
(d) Enrolling in university.
6. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
(a) An act of contrition.
(b) An act of rebellion.
(c) An act of passivity.
(d) An act of war.
7. What should an education do?
(a) Broaden outlook on the world.
(b) None of these.
(c) Help people to figure out what it is they want from life.
(d) Increase mental capacity.
8. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
(a) Six years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
9. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
(a) They are able to blow things too far out of proportion.
(b) They are more concerned about the future.
(c) They are plagued with their knowledge of a past.
(d) The ideologies of the superego live in the past.
10. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) Fifteen hundred.
(d) Six thousand.
11. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
(b) Chicken pox.
(d) Housewife's Blight.
12. How is spinsterhood viewed?
(a) As a noble sacrifice.
(b) As an awesome responsibility to the nation.
(c) As a respected way of life.
(d) As a personal tragedy.
13. What weren't these feminists called?
(a) Penis enviers.
(c) Sex starved.
14. Which statement best fits the main problem?
(a) Women longed for careers.
(b) Women weren't challenged in their lifestyle.
(c) Women had lost their self identity.
(d) Women had become too comfortable.
15. What is the problem with educating women early to fulfill their sexual roles in regards to the opposite sex?
(a) All of these.
(b) Their children only have one role.
(c) Their relationships are doomed to suffocate.
(d) Their men can't achieve their full potentials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
2. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
3. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
4. What does the feminine protest do?
5. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)