|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the identity of women determined?
(a) By her own choices.
(b) By how good of a wife she is.
(c) By how many children she has.
(d) By biology.
2. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(b) The ability to reason.
(d) The ability to be impassioned.
3. Which statement best fits the main problem?
(a) Women had become too comfortable.
(b) Women longed for careers.
(c) Women had lost their self identity.
(d) Women weren't challenged in their lifestyle.
4. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
(a) To mature.
(b) All of these.
(c) To grow.
(d) To become human.
5. In what would Martha take refuge?
(a) All of these.
(c) Her children.
(d) The drawing room.
6. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
(b) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
(c) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
(d) None of these.
7. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
(b) All relations between men and women.
(d) All of these.
8. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
9. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Enrolling in university.
(b) Getting married and having kids.
(c) Having children.
(d) Deciding what one wants to be.
10. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Five years.
11. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
12. What did Margaret Mead's work persuade women to do?
(a) Give up their femininity in exchange for their humanity.
(b) Pursue an education despite the potential cost of family life.
(c) All of these.
(d) Give up their humanity in exchange for their femininity.
13. What silent question did women ask themselves?
(a) "What am I missing?"
(b) "Is this all?"
(c) "Why am I not content with this world?"
(d) "What else is there to life?"
14. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were starved to death.
(b) They were forcibly fed.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were flogged and beaten.
15. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
(a) Marital subservience.
(b) All of these.
(c) Sexual degradation.
(d) Early marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't work together to produce femininity?
2. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
3. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
4. What requires increased glamorization every year?
5. What is the functionalist's primary concern?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)