|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
(a) In getting a career.
(b) In getting engaged before graduating college.
(c) In traveling the world.
(d) In getting married before graduating college.
2. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
(b) Sleeping pills.
(d) Mood elevators.
3. How did Freud view his soon-to-be wife?
(a) None of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) As a child.
(d) As an object.
4. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
(a) Sexual oppression.
(b) Sexual abuse.
(c) Sexual repression.
(d) Sexual appetite.
5. What did Margaret Mead's work persuade women to do?
(a) Pursue an education despite the potential cost of family life.
(b) Give up their femininity in exchange for their humanity.
(c) All of these.
(d) Give up their humanity in exchange for their femininity.
6. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
(b) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
(c) They never grow up.
(d) All of these.
7. What is stressed in a functional education?
(a) I don't know.
(d) Neither of these.
8. What lesson could girls not help but learn in college between 1945 and 1960?
(a) How to take your career seriously.
(b) How to take care of yourself as an individual.
(c) How to cater to your mans needs.
(d) How not to get interested in anything but getting married and having kids.
9. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
(a) She had no interest in it.
(b) She was angry about giving it up.
(c) It was too painful because she had given it up.
(d) She had no time for the study following kids.
10. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
11. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The occupation of housewife.
(b) The occupation of motherhood.
(c) The Feminine Mystique.
(d) The allure of being a wife.
12. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(b) To reproduce and be happy.
(c) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(d) Where their role in society was.
13. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
(a) The Revolution.
(b) The movement to free the slaves.
(c) The emancipation of American from the British throne.
(d) None of these.
14. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) Eight hours a day.
(b) As much as twelve hours a day.
(c) Nine hours a day.
(d) As much as ten hours a day.
15. Margaret Mead frequently _______ herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
2. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
3. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
4. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
5. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)