|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) Eight hours a day.
(b) Nine hours a day.
(c) As much as ten hours a day.
(d) As much as twelve hours a day.
2. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
(a) Within in the confines of wife and motherhood.
(b) In their own mind and spirit.
(c) In their own relationships with those around them.
(d) Within the walls of their homes.
3. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Becoming a career woman.
(b) Marrying a man like her father.
(c) Being like her mother.
(d) Having children.
4. Which statement best fits the main problem?
(a) Women longed for careers.
(b) Women had lost their self identity.
(c) Women weren't challenged in their lifestyle.
(d) Women had become too comfortable.
5. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
(a) All of these.
(b) He wanted to help them in the suffrage movement.
(c) He wanted to open the doors for women.
(d) He didn't want to change it, but rather to help people adjust to it.
6. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
(a) An act of passivity.
(b) An act of contrition.
(c) An act of war.
(d) An act of rebellion.
7. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
(a) They must remain infantile.
(b) They must reproduce.
(c) They must find themselves first.
(d) They must embrace their role as women.
8. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
(a) The women had a desire to have more and more children.
(b) The women found themselves frigid and unable to be aroused.
(c) The women had no sexual appetite.
(d) The women had more of an appetite than their men could satisfy.
9. What was the name of the life adjustment course given to eleven- to thirteen-year-old girls?
(a) The Slick Chick.
(b) How to Get Married Fast!
(c) The Quick Chick.
(d) How To Date.
10. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
(a) That he was the leading word on the subject.
(b) That his deductions about the female psyche were complete.
(c) That his word was law and answered all questions.
(d) All of these.
11. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
(b) Sleeping pills.
(c) Mood elevators.
12. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
(a) Identity, Sexual.
(b) Sexual, Education.
(c) Education, Identity.
(d) Sexual, Identity.
13. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
(a) They have to defy conventional educators.
(b) They have to challenge authority.
(c) They have to challenge the conventional image of femininity.
(d) They have to disagree with the leading psychologists and psychotherapists.
14. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Being a good mother.
(b) Getting a quality education.
(c) Being an independent women.
(d) Being a housewife.
15. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
(a) Marital subservience.
(b) All of these.
(c) Early marriage.
(d) Sexual degradation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
2. Why couldn't women study physics?
3. What gave women peace of mind?
4. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
5. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)