|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which women were happiest?
(a) Unmarried women.
(b) Educated women.
(c) Married women.
(d) Uneducated women.
2. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
(a) They have to defy conventional educators.
(b) They have to disagree with the leading psychologists and psychotherapists.
(c) They have to challenge authority.
(d) They have to challenge the conventional image of femininity.
3. What narrow comfort is offered women to become homemakers?
(a) All of these.
(b) To be successful she must know many arts.
(c) A woman's destiny revolves around the home.
(d) No woman can eternally resist the temptation of starting a family.
4. What happened following Margaret's work?
(a) Making babies took on a cultish meaning.
(b) Women found no other ways to create.
(c) Women glorified their own femininity.
(d) All of these.
5. Which tribe do men and women assume masculine roles?
6. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) Fifteen hundred.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Two thousand.
7. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Being a housewife.
(b) Being an independent women.
(c) Being a good mother.
(d) Getting a quality education.
8. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Ten years.
9. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Being like her mother.
(b) Having children.
(c) Becoming a career woman.
(d) Marrying a man like her father.
10. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
(a) She had no interest in it.
(b) She was angry about giving it up.
(c) It was too painful because she had given it up.
(d) She had no time for the study following kids.
11. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
(a) Identity, Sexual.
(b) Sexual, Education.
(c) Sexual, Identity.
(d) Education, Identity.
12. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
(a) Housewife's Blight.
(c) Chicken pox.
13. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
(a) Sexual abuse.
(b) Sexual repression.
(c) Sexual appetite.
(d) Sexual oppression.
14. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
(a) In getting married before graduating college.
(b) In traveling the world.
(c) In getting a career.
(d) In getting engaged before graduating college.
15. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
(b) Testing their own powers in the world.
(c) Believing that they have the same potential as boys.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had become a trap?
2. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
3. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
4. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
5. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)