|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What silent question did women ask themselves?
(a) "Is this all?"
(b) "What else is there to life?"
(c) "What am I missing?"
(d) "Why am I not content with this world?"
2. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
(a) He wanted to help them in the suffrage movement.
(b) He wanted to open the doors for women.
(c) He didn't want to change it, but rather to help people adjust to it.
(d) All of these.
3. Which statement best fits the main problem?
(a) Women longed for careers.
(b) Women had become too comfortable.
(c) Women weren't challenged in their lifestyle.
(d) Women had lost their self identity.
4. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
(a) Not knowing what they were going to do with their lives.
(b) Not fitting in with social requirements.
(c) Being childless and alone.
(d) Knowing they will never achieve their goals.
5. Why couldn't women study physics?
(a) They weren't allowed in the classes.
(b) They didn't have the aptitude for it.
(c) They didn't want to study it.
(d) It was considered unfeminine.
6. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Getting a quality education.
(b) Being a good mother.
(c) Being a housewife.
(d) Being an independent women.
7. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was shown as being disdainful.
(b) She was shown as being a bad person.
(c) She was portrayed as evil.
(d) She was denied the ability to have children.
8. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
(a) He thought women were meant to be as slaves.
(b) All of these.
(c) Women were considered inferior.
(d) He thought that women were meant to be taken advantage of.
9. What happened following Margaret's work?
(a) Making babies took on a cultish meaning.
(b) All of these.
(c) Women glorified their own femininity.
(d) Women found no other ways to create.
10. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
(a) They pay attention to political parties.
(b) Politics is a topic for which both parties can share.
(c) It concerns their home and husband.
(d) They desire change in government.
11. What was the only answer possible in Freudian logic to make women satisfied?
(a) Weekly "Womens' meetings".
(b) Much more sex, and that they need to make more babies.
(c) Education, freedom and rights are wrong for women.
(d) Beatification procedures.
12. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The overemphasis on femininity.
(b) The availability of work to women.
(c) The availability of an education to women.
(d) The undervaluation of femininity.
13. What became a dirty word?
(a) Free thinking woman.
(b) Career woman.
(c) Opinionated woman.
(d) Working woman.
14. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
(a) Their ability to work.
(b) Their inability to work.
(c) Too much education.
(d) Too little education.
15. What does Parsons find in sexual segregation?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It is functional.
(c) It is archaic.
(d) It is integral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
2. What narrow comfort is offered women to become homemakers?
3. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
4. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
5. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)