|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
(b) None of these.
(c) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
(d) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
2. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The occupation of motherhood.
(b) The allure of being a wife.
(c) The occupation of housewife.
(d) The Feminine Mystique.
3. How is the identity of women determined?
(a) By biology.
(b) By how many children she has.
(c) By her own choices.
(d) By how good of a wife she is.
4. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
(a) All relations between men and women.
(d) All of these.
5. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) Nine hours a day.
(b) As much as ten hours a day.
(c) As much as twelve hours a day.
(d) Eight hours a day.
6. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
(a) Not fitting in with social requirements.
(b) Not knowing what they were going to do with their lives.
(c) Being childless and alone.
(d) Knowing they will never achieve their goals.
7. Why are the girls at college?
(a) To fulfill their sexual function.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) To get an education.
(d) Both of those.
8. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
9. What was the only answer possible in Freudian logic to make women satisfied?
(a) Much more sex, and that they need to make more babies.
(b) Beatification procedures.
(c) Weekly "Womens' meetings".
(d) Education, freedom and rights are wrong for women.
10. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
11. What was affected by functional analysis?
(a) The future.
(b) The progressive nature of society.
(c) Women's roles in a forward moving society.
(d) The maturing of women.
12. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
(a) They are plagued with their knowledge of a past.
(b) The ideologies of the superego live in the past.
(c) They are more concerned about the future.
(d) They are able to blow things too far out of proportion.
13. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) Women's husbands.
(b) The idea that they were not alone.
(c) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(d) The answer to the nameless problem.
14. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(c) The ability to reason.
(d) The ability to be impassioned.
15. Margaret Mead frequently _______ herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was considered 'real' life?
2. Which tribe do men and women assume masculine roles?
3. What silent question did women ask themselves?
4. What became a dirty word?
5. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)