|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
(a) They turned to their children.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) They turned to their husbands.
2. How did Andras Angyal describe this weakness?
(a) A social evasion of growth.
(b) A psychotic evasion of growth,
(c) None of these.
(d) A neurotic evasion of growth.
3. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
(a) Sleeping pills.
(d) Mood elevators.
4. If education has made American women feel trapped, frustrated and guilty as housewives, it is surely a sign that ___________________________.
(a) American women shouldn't attatch to children and husband.
(b) American women shouldn't be educated.
(c) American women should stay at home.
(d) American women have outgrown the housewife role.
5. What was not a part of women's worlds?
(b) Charming and keeping a man.
(d) Home care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the functionalist's primary concern?
2. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
3. What is unlikely to happen without education?
4. What did the union member get labeled as?
5. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)