|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
(a) She doesn't care about promotions.
(b) She has no time to shop.
(c) She is harder to sell to.
(d) She isn't interested and has housekeepers.
2. What was considered 'real' life?
(a) Single life.
(b) Career life.
(c) Spinsterhood life.
(d) Married life.
3. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were flogged and beaten.
(b) They were forcibly fed.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were starved to death.
4. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
(b) Marital fulfillment.
(c) None of these.
(d) Personal fulfillment.
5. Why are the girls at college?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) To get an education.
(c) Both of those.
(d) To fulfill their sexual function.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sparked the White House's interest?
2. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
3. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
4. What accompanies the growth in mental activity?
5. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)