|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
(a) They are inferior to men.
(b) They are complimentary to men.
(c) They are in excess of men.
(d) They are superior to men.
2. What need is deeply set within human nature?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) To have a meaningful place in a group that strives for meaningful social goals.
(c) Both of these.
(d) To find the answers to life's most pressing questions.
3. What is the easiest way out of figuring out who you are and what it is you want out of life?
(a) Having children.
(b) Sex and children.
(c) Sex and early marriage.
(d) All of these.
4. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
(a) Behavior that is not in accordance with reality.
(b) Behavior that is emulated by the parents.
(c) Delinquent behavior.
(d) Behavior that is contrary to what is desireable.
5. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
(a) Live deeper within the feminine mystique.
(b) Cling more to their children.
(c) Grow up and have interests outside of being a wife and mother.
(d) Cling to their husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing that these kids looked for?
2. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
3. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
4. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
5. What narrow comfort is offered women to become homemakers?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)