|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the problem with the vast majority of men and boys born to mothers enthralled in the mystique?
(a) They were forever likely to take on neurosis.
(b) All of these.
(c) They never grew up.
(d) They were unfit for duty on the front or as husbands.
2. How did Freud view his soon-to-be wife?
(a) As an object.
(b) Both of these.
(c) None of these.
(d) As a child.
3. What is the functionalist's primary concern?
(a) To keep things as they are.
(b) To grow and achieve more.
(c) To move forward and advance.
(d) None of these.
4. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
(a) Defy God.
(b) Deny womanhood.
(c) Unsex herself.
(d) Never mate.
5. What weren't these feminists called?
(b) Penis enviers.
(d) Sex starved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
2. Housework was specially suited to what kind of girls?
3. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
4. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
5. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)