|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women had engaged in extramarital sex?
(a) Two in four.
(b) Nine of ten.
(c) One in four.
(d) Three in four.
2. In what would Martha take refuge?
(b) All of these.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) Her children.
3. What does Parsons find in sexual segregation?
(a) It is integral.
(b) It is archaic.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It is functional.
4. What two things are at the very heart of the feminine mystique?
(a) Lack of self and vicarious living.
(b) Deception and lack of self.
(c) Noncommitment and vicarious living.
(d) Noncommitment and lack of self.
5. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
(a) They are able to blow things too far out of proportion.
(b) They are plagued with their knowledge of a past.
(c) They are more concerned about the future.
(d) The ideologies of the superego live in the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the important thing for a girl?
2. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
3. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
4. How much of all advertising budget is spent to appeal to women?
5. What doesn't work together to produce femininity?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)