|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't a woman encouraged to buy whatever needed to get her out of the home and finding herself?
(a) None of these.
(b) Husbands aren't interested in new gadgets.
(c) The product vendors need housewives, not independent women.
(d) Career women are harder to sell to.
2. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) Eight hours a day.
(b) As much as twelve hours a day.
(c) As much as ten hours a day.
(d) Nine hours a day.
3. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
(a) They were always dissatisfied with their marital affairs.
(b) They were always envying their neighbors.
(c) They were always frantically busy.
(d) They were all thirty pounds overweight.
4. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
5. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
(a) Being childless and alone.
(b) Not fitting in with social requirements.
(c) Not knowing what they were going to do with their lives.
(d) Knowing they will never achieve their goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
2. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
3. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
4. How did the image of sex change?
5. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)