|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which women were happiest?
(a) Educated women.
(b) Uneducated women.
(c) Married women.
(d) Unmarried women.
2. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
(a) They have to challenge the conventional image of femininity.
(b) They have to disagree with the leading psychologists and psychotherapists.
(c) They have to challenge authority.
(d) They have to defy conventional educators.
3. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
4. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Enrolling in university.
(b) Getting married and having kids.
(c) Deciding what one wants to be.
(d) Having children.
5. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
(a) Live deeper within the feminine mystique.
(b) Grow up and have interests outside of being a wife and mother.
(c) Cling to their husbands.
(d) Cling more to their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
2. What was the name of the life adjustment course given to eleven- to thirteen-year-old girls?
3. What weren't these feminists called?
4. What silent question did women ask themselves?
5. What was the problem with the vast majority of men and boys born to mothers enthralled in the mystique?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)