|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the problem with the vast majority of men and boys born to mothers enthralled in the mystique?
(a) All of these.
(b) They were unfit for duty on the front or as husbands.
(c) They never grew up.
(d) They were forever likely to take on neurosis.
2. How did the image of sex change?
(a) Men had appetites women couldn't fill.
(b) Men were sexually chasing women.
(c) Women had appetites men couldn't fill.
(d) Women were sexually chasing men.
3. If education has made American women feel trapped, frustrated and guilty as housewives, it is surely a sign that ___________________________.
(a) American women should stay at home.
(b) American women shouldn't be educated.
(c) American women have outgrown the housewife role.
(d) American women shouldn't attatch to children and husband.
4. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
(b) None of these.
(c) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
(d) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
5. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They were starved to death.
(c) They were flogged and beaten.
(d) They were forcibly fed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should an education do?
2. What is considered "phallic activity"?
3. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
4. In a Rorschach test, a majority of animal images over human images is indicative of ___________________.
5. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)