|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
(a) She has no time to shop.
(b) She doesn't care about promotions.
(c) She is harder to sell to.
(d) She isn't interested and has housekeepers.
2. How did the image of sex change?
(a) Women were sexually chasing men.
(b) Men had appetites women couldn't fill.
(c) Men were sexually chasing women.
(d) Women had appetites men couldn't fill.
3. What does Parsons find in sexual segregation?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It is integral.
(c) It is functional.
(d) It is archaic.
4. Why couldn't women study physics?
(a) They didn't want to study it.
(b) They weren't allowed in the classes.
(c) It was considered unfeminine.
(d) They didn't have the aptitude for it.
5. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
(a) All of these.
(b) He didn't want to change it, but rather to help people adjust to it.
(c) He wanted to open the doors for women.
(d) He wanted to help them in the suffrage movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson could girls not help but learn in college between 1945 and 1960?
2. What had become a trap?
3. If education has made American women feel trapped, frustrated and guilty as housewives, it is surely a sign that ___________________________.
4. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
5. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)