|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
(a) They seemed a lot more fulfilled.
(b) They completed it faster than those that did.
(c) They didn't undergo extensive psychotherapy.
(d) They didn't do as much housework as those that did.
2. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Five years.
3. What does the feminine protest do?
(a) Overvalues women's roles in society.
(b) Makes more of a woman than there ever could be.
(c) All of these.
(d) Over glorifies the female role as the reproductive unit.
4. Wives became __________________.
(a) Know it alls.
(b) All of these.
(c) Complete dominators of the household activities.
5. What is considered "phallic activity"?
(a) All of these.
(b) None of these.
(c) Holding ones' genitals.
(d) Things that normally pertain to men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
2. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
3. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
4. What is contrary to the feminine mystique?
5. How did Andras Angyal describe this weakness?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)