|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
(a) Personal fulfillment.
(b) None of these.
(c) Marital fulfillment.
2. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
(a) It was explained that they could feel this in marriage too.
(b) It was compared to the life career women felt.
(c) It was a way to keep marriages occurring in post war America.
(d) None of these.
3. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) As much as ten hours a day.
(b) Nine hours a day.
(c) Eight hours a day.
(d) As much as twelve hours a day.
4. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
(a) Fifteen hundred.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
5. What is stressed in a functional education?
(c) I don't know.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Housework presents _______________.
2. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
3. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
4. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
5. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)