|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
(a) They are plagued with their knowledge of a past.
(b) The ideologies of the superego live in the past.
(c) They are more concerned about the future.
(d) They are able to blow things too far out of proportion.
2. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
(a) Dr. Strecker.
(b) Dr. Spock.
(c) David Levy.
(d) Arnold Green.
3. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
(a) Sexual appetite.
(b) Sexual repression.
(c) Sexual abuse.
(d) Sexual oppression.
4. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) They turned to their husbands.
(c) They turned to their children.
(d) Both of these.
5. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) Their clients.
(b) The women themselves.
(c) The manipulators and their clients.
(d) The manipulators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
2. What is unlikely to happen without education?
3. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
4. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
5. What was really difficult to sell?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)