|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) Women's husbands.
(b) The idea that they were not alone.
(c) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(d) The answer to the nameless problem.
2. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
(a) That she will no longer be feminine.
(b) That most men will be married in college.
(c) That no man will want her.
(d) All of these.
3. What instrument did men in Bali use?
(b) A flute.
(d) Their voices.
4. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
(a) They all had found fulfillment outside of the home.
(b) They all had passions and knew what they wanted.
(c) All of these.
(d) They all weren't fulltime housewives.
5. What was not a part of women's worlds?
(a) Charming and keeping a man.
(b) Home care.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
2. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
3. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
4. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
5. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)