|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
(a) Their mothers and wives.
(b) Their sisters and brothers.
(c) Their jobs and careers.
(d) Their education and ambitions.
2. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
(b) All relations between men and women.
(c) All of these.
3. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
(a) Both of these.
(b) They turned to their husbands.
(c) They turned to their children.
(d) Neither of these.
4. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Marrying a man like her father.
(b) Having children.
(c) Becoming a career woman.
(d) Being like her mother.
5. Why isn't a woman encouraged to buy whatever needed to get her out of the home and finding herself?
(a) The product vendors need housewives, not independent women.
(b) Husbands aren't interested in new gadgets.
(c) None of these.
(d) Career women are harder to sell to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which women were happiest?
2. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
3. What should be the goal of every normal woman?
4. What was really difficult to sell?
5. Why are the girls at college?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)