|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
(a) All of these.
(b) He wanted to open the doors for women.
(c) He wanted to help them in the suffrage movement.
(d) He didn't want to change it, but rather to help people adjust to it.
2. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(b) The ability to reason.
(c) The ability to be impassioned.
3. What was not a part of women's worlds?
(b) Home care.
(d) Charming and keeping a man.
4. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
(a) True housewives.
(b) Career women.
(c) Balanced housewives.
(d) Fulfilled housewifes.
5. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
(a) None of these.
(b) To the mature expression of sexual interest.
(c) To the expression of infantile sexual interest.
(d) To the pre-pubescent expression of sexual interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
2. What became a dirty word?
3. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
4. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
5. What was the real cause of feminism and women's frustration?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)