|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tribe do men and women assume masculine roles?
2. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
(a) She has no time to shop.
(b) She doesn't care about promotions.
(c) She isn't interested and has housekeepers.
(d) She is harder to sell to.
3. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
(a) They didn't do as much housework as those that did.
(b) They completed it faster than those that did.
(c) They didn't undergo extensive psychotherapy.
(d) They seemed a lot more fulfilled.
4. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
(a) That his deductions about the female psyche were complete.
(b) All of these.
(c) That he was the leading word on the subject.
(d) That his word was law and answered all questions.
5. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
(a) None of these.
(b) Fear of exposure to deadly bacteria.
(c) Guilt over the hidden dirt.
(d) Desire to get the best clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
2. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
3. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
4. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
5. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)