|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
(a) He wanted to open the doors for women.
(b) All of these.
(c) He wanted to help them in the suffrage movement.
(d) He didn't want to change it, but rather to help people adjust to it.
2. Why are the girls at college?
(a) To get an education.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of those.
(d) To fulfill their sexual function.
3. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
(a) C. Northcote Parkinson.
(b) C Northcote Parkinton.
(c) C. Northcoat Parkinson.
(d) P. Northcote Parkinson.
4. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) None of these.
(b) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
(c) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
(d) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
5. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
(a) They turned to their children.
(b) Both of these.
(c) They turned to their husbands.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
2. What is the climax of adolescence?
3. What was considered 'real' life?
4. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
5. What silent question did women ask themselves?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)