|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(a) The ability to reason.
(d) The ability to be impassioned.
2. What is considered "phallic activity"?
(a) All of these.
(b) Holding ones' genitals.
(c) Things that normally pertain to men.
(d) None of these.
3. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
(a) Being childless and alone.
(b) Knowing they will never achieve their goals.
(c) Not fitting in with social requirements.
(d) Not knowing what they were going to do with their lives.
4. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) The desire to protect the home.
(b) Maternal instinct.
(c) Rearing the child.
5. How did the labor saving appliance work?
(a) To increase the functional time of a woman.
(b) By plugging it in.
(c) To decrease the time it took for the modern woman to do things.
(d) To create an increase in labor due to elaboration.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
2. What year was the survey published for electrical appliances?
3. Wives became __________________.
4. What did the union member get labeled as?
5. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)