|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) Nine hours a day.
(b) As much as ten hours a day.
(c) Eight hours a day.
(d) As much as twelve hours a day.
2. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
(a) To the expression of infantile sexual interest.
(b) To the pre-pubescent expression of sexual interest.
(c) To the mature expression of sexual interest.
(d) None of these.
3. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
(a) C. Northcoat Parkinson.
(b) P. Northcote Parkinson.
(c) C. Northcote Parkinson.
(d) C Northcote Parkinton.
4. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
(a) Sexual, Identity.
(b) Sexual, Education.
(c) Identity, Sexual.
(d) Education, Identity.
5. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
(a) Marital fulfillment.
(b) Personal fulfillment.
(c) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
2. How is spinsterhood viewed?
3. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
4. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
5. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)