|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had become a trap?
(a) The home life.
(b) The small-minded image of women.
(c) The lack of personal image in women.
(d) The disregard of the way women feel.
2. How did the labor saving appliance work?
(a) To decrease the time it took for the modern woman to do things.
(b) To create an increase in labor due to elaboration.
(c) By plugging it in.
(d) To increase the functional time of a woman.
3. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
(b) Sleeping pills.
(c) Mood elevators.
4. Housework was specially suited to what kind of girls?
(a) Attractive girls.
(b) Intelligent girls.
(c) Feeble-minded girls.
(d) Able-minded girls.
5. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
(a) Within in the confines of wife and motherhood.
(b) In their own relationships with those around them.
(c) Within the walls of their homes.
(d) In their own mind and spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
2. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
3. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
4. What is the really crucial role of the housewife?
5. Which statement best fits the main problem?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)