|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unlikely to happen without education?
(a) Women are likely to marry younger and younger.
(b) Women are likely to have children at younger ages.
(c) All of these.
(d) Women are not likely to develop deep interests outside their biology.
2. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(a) The ability to be impassioned.
(b) The ability to reason.
3. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
(a) The women had no sexual appetite.
(b) The women found themselves frigid and unable to be aroused.
(c) The women had a desire to have more and more children.
(d) The women had more of an appetite than their men could satisfy.
4. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) Maternal instinct.
(c) The desire to protect the home.
(d) Rearing the child.
5. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
(a) They are in excess of men.
(b) They are inferior to men.
(c) They are superior to men.
(d) They are complimentary to men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
2. How is spinsterhood viewed?
3. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
4. What year was the survey published for electrical appliances?
5. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)