|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was portrayed as evil.
(b) She was shown as being disdainful.
(c) She was shown as being a bad person.
(d) She was denied the ability to have children.
2. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
(a) She lost courage.
(b) None of these.
(c) She was forced out by male educators.
(d) She wanted to marry.
3. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(b) Where their role in society was.
(c) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(d) To reproduce and be happy.
4. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The occupation of housewife.
(b) The occupation of motherhood.
(c) The Feminine Mystique.
(d) The allure of being a wife.
5. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
2. Wives became __________________.
3. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
4. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
5. What instrument did men in Bali use?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)