|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) The manipulators.
(b) The women themselves.
(c) The manipulators and their clients.
(d) Their clients.
2. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
(a) The working to pay bills.
(b) The saving of money.
(c) The spending of money.
(d) The buying of things.
3. How did Freud view his soon-to-be wife?
(a) As a child.
(b) None of these.
(c) As an object.
(d) Both of these.
4. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
(a) The women had a desire to have more and more children.
(b) The women found themselves frigid and unable to be aroused.
(c) The women had no sexual appetite.
(d) The women had more of an appetite than their men could satisfy.
5. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
(a) By buying products for the home and family.
(b) By buying things to help her marriage.
(c) All of these.
(d) By buying things that made her feel good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parsons find in sexual segregation?
2. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
3. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
4. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
5. What was really difficult to sell?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)