|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
(a) They must find themselves first.
(b) They must remain infantile.
(c) They must embrace their role as women.
(d) They must reproduce.
2. What narrow comfort is offered women to become homemakers?
(a) To be successful she must know many arts.
(b) All of these.
(c) No woman can eternally resist the temptation of starting a family.
(d) A woman's destiny revolves around the home.
3. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
(a) They all had passions and knew what they wanted.
(b) All of these.
(c) They all weren't fulltime housewives.
(d) They all had found fulfillment outside of the home.
4. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Enrolling in university.
(b) Deciding what one wants to be.
(c) Having children.
(d) Getting married and having kids.
5. Which statement best fits the main problem?
(a) Women had become too comfortable.
(b) Women had lost their self identity.
(c) Women weren't challenged in their lifestyle.
(d) Women longed for careers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
2. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
3. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
4. What was not a part of women's worlds?
5. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)