|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
(b) Society at large.
(c) Their mothers.
(d) Their fathers.
2. What is the important thing for a girl?
(a) To trap a man.
(b) To be popular.
(c) To pursue her identity.
(d) To be understood.
3. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
(a) Testing their own powers in the world.
(b) All of these.
(d) Believing that they have the same potential as boys.
4. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
5. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Marrying a man like her father.
(b) Becoming a career woman.
(c) Being like her mother.
(d) Having children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
2. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
3. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
4. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
5. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)