|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The undervaluation of femininity.
(b) The availability of an education to women.
(c) The availability of work to women.
(d) The overemphasis on femininity.
2. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
(a) None of these.
(b) Desire to get the best clean.
(c) Guilt over the hidden dirt.
(d) Fear of exposure to deadly bacteria.
3. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
(a) That she will no longer be feminine.
(b) That no man will want her.
(c) All of these.
(d) That most men will be married in college.
4. Which tribe do men and women assume masculine roles?
5. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) The women themselves.
(b) The manipulators.
(c) Their clients.
(d) The manipulators and their clients.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
2. How is the identity of women determined?
3. What lesson could girls not help but learn in college between 1945 and 1960?
4. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
5. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)