|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
(a) Too much education.
(b) Too little education.
(c) Their ability to work.
(d) Their inability to work.
2. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
(b) All of these.
(c) All relations between men and women.
3. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Six thousand.
(c) Fifteen hundred.
(d) Ten thousand.
4. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) The women themselves.
(b) Their clients.
(c) The manipulators.
(d) The manipulators and their clients.
5. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
(a) In getting engaged before graduating college.
(b) In traveling the world.
(c) In getting married before graduating college.
(d) In getting a career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
2. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
3. What was affected by functional analysis?
4. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
5. What did Margaret Mead's work persuade women to do?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)