|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Housewifery Expands to Fill the Time Available.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
2. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(b) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
(c) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
(d) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
3. What doesn't work together to produce femininity?
(b) Penis envy.
(d) Deficient female anatomy.
4. How is the identity of women determined?
(a) By biology.
(b) By how good of a wife she is.
(c) By her own choices.
(d) By how many children she has.
5. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The occupation of housewife.
(b) The Feminine Mystique.
(c) The occupation of motherhood.
(d) The allure of being a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the girls at college?
2. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
3. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
4. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
5. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)