|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What narrow comfort is offered women to become homemakers?
(a) A woman's destiny revolves around the home.
(b) No woman can eternally resist the temptation of starting a family.
(c) To be successful she must know many arts.
(d) All of these.
2. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
(a) Within the walls of their homes.
(b) In their own relationships with those around them.
(c) In their own mind and spirit.
(d) Within in the confines of wife and motherhood.
3. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
(a) Sexual repression.
(b) Sexual appetite.
(c) Sexual oppression.
(d) Sexual abuse.
4. What was not a part of women's worlds?
(b) Charming and keeping a man.
(c) Home care.
5. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Being a housewife.
(b) Being an independent women.
(c) Being a good mother.
(d) Getting a quality education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't work together to produce femininity?
2. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
3. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
4. What silent question did women ask themselves?
5. What is the important thing for a girl?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)