|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
(a) Sexual, Education.
(b) Sexual, Identity.
(c) Identity, Sexual.
(d) Education, Identity.
2. What does Mrs. Freidan question in regards to Freudian thought?
(a) Its use.
(b) Its truth.
(c) Its therapy.
(d) It's practicality.
3. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Being a good mother.
(b) Getting a quality education.
(c) Being a housewife.
(d) Being an independent women.
4. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
(a) She had no time for the study following kids.
(b) It was too painful because she had given it up.
(c) She was angry about giving it up.
(d) She had no interest in it.
5. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
(a) To grow.
(b) All of these.
(c) To become human.
(d) To mature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the identity of women determined?
2. Why couldn't women study physics?
3. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
4. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
5. What had become a trap?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)