|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did men in Bali use?
(a) A flute.
(d) Their voices.
2. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) Rearing the child.
(b) Maternal instinct.
(d) The desire to protect the home.
3. What became a dirty word?
(a) Opinionated woman.
(b) Career woman.
(c) Working woman.
(d) Free thinking woman.
4. What is the important thing for a girl?
(a) To be understood.
(b) To pursue her identity.
(c) To be popular.
(d) To trap a man.
5. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) To reproduce and be happy.
(b) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(c) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(d) Where their role in society was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
2. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
3. What gave women peace of mind?
4. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
5. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)