|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
(a) Believing that they have the same potential as boys.
(b) All of these.
(c) Testing their own powers in the world.
2. What does Mrs. Freidan question in regards to Freudian thought?
(a) Its use.
(b) Its therapy.
(c) Its truth.
(d) It's practicality.
3. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
(a) That his word was law and answered all questions.
(b) That he was the leading word on the subject.
(c) All of these.
(d) That his deductions about the female psyche were complete.
4. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Getting married and having kids.
(b) Having children.
(c) Deciding what one wants to be.
(d) Enrolling in university.
5. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
(a) To become human.
(b) To grow.
(c) To mature.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Freud view his soon-to-be wife?
2. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
3. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
4. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
5. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)