|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) Eight hours a day.
(b) Nine hours a day.
(c) As much as ten hours a day.
(d) As much as twelve hours a day.
2. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were flogged and beaten.
(b) They were forcibly fed.
(c) They were starved to death.
(d) They were killed.
3. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
(a) Too little education.
(b) Too much education.
(c) Their ability to work.
(d) Their inability to work.
4. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
(a) To the mature expression of sexual interest.
(b) To the pre-pubescent expression of sexual interest.
(c) None of these.
(d) To the expression of infantile sexual interest.
5. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
(a) The emancipation of American from the British throne.
(b) None of these.
(c) The Revolution.
(d) The movement to free the slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave women peace of mind?
2. What is the functionalist's primary concern?
3. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
4. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
5. What requires increased glamorization every year?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)