|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(b) The answer to the nameless problem.
(c) The idea that they were not alone.
(d) Women's husbands.
2. How did Freud view his soon-to-be wife?
(a) As an object.
(b) As a child.
(c) None of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
(a) They are superior to men.
(b) They are inferior to men.
(c) They are in excess of men.
(d) They are complimentary to men.
4. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was shown as being disdainful.
(b) She was portrayed as evil.
(c) She was denied the ability to have children.
(d) She was shown as being a bad person.
5. What became a dirty word?
(a) Career woman.
(b) Working woman.
(c) Opinionated woman.
(d) Free thinking woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best fits the main problem?
2. What is the climax of adolescence?
3. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
4. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
5. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)