|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
(b) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
(c) They never grow up.
(d) All of these.
2. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
(a) The women found themselves frigid and unable to be aroused.
(b) The women had a desire to have more and more children.
(c) The women had more of an appetite than their men could satisfy.
(d) The women had no sexual appetite.
3. What does the feminine protest do?
(a) Makes more of a woman than there ever could be.
(b) All of these.
(c) Overvalues women's roles in society.
(d) Over glorifies the female role as the reproductive unit.
4. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
(b) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
(c) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
(d) None of these.
5. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The undervaluation of femininity.
(b) The overemphasis on femininity.
(c) The availability of an education to women.
(d) The availability of work to women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did men in Bali use?
2. What gave women peace of mind?
3. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
4. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
5. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)