|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) Eight hours a day.
(b) As much as twelve hours a day.
(c) As much as ten hours a day.
(d) Nine hours a day.
2. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
(b) All of these.
(c) They never grow up.
(d) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
3. Why couldn't women study physics?
(a) They weren't allowed in the classes.
(b) They didn't want to study it.
(c) It was considered unfeminine.
(d) They didn't have the aptitude for it.
4. How is the identity of women determined?
(a) By how many children she has.
(b) By how good of a wife she is.
(c) By biology.
(d) By her own choices.
5. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
(a) They are plagued with their knowledge of a past.
(b) The ideologies of the superego live in the past.
(c) They are able to blow things too far out of proportion.
(d) They are more concerned about the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
2. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
3. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
4. What does Parsons find in sexual segregation?
5. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)