|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
(b) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
(c) None of these.
(d) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
2. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
(a) All of these.
(b) To mature.
(c) To become human.
(d) To grow.
3. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
(a) Housewife's Blight.
(c) Chicken pox.
4. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were starved to death.
(b) They were killed.
(c) They were forcibly fed.
(d) They were flogged and beaten.
5. What is the important thing for a girl?
(a) To be popular.
(b) To be understood.
(c) To pursue her identity.
(d) To trap a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
2. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
3. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
4. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
5. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)