|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
(a) Within in the confines of wife and motherhood.
(b) Within the walls of their homes.
(c) In their own mind and spirit.
(d) In their own relationships with those around them.
2. What narrow comfort is offered women to become homemakers?
(a) A woman's destiny revolves around the home.
(b) No woman can eternally resist the temptation of starting a family.
(c) All of these.
(d) To be successful she must know many arts.
3. What was the only answer possible in Freudian logic to make women satisfied?
(a) Education, freedom and rights are wrong for women.
(b) Beatification procedures.
(c) Much more sex, and that they need to make more babies.
(d) Weekly "Womens' meetings".
4. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
(a) Defy God.
(b) Never mate.
(c) Deny womanhood.
(d) Unsex herself.
5. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(b) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
(c) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
(d) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
2. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
3. What instrument did men in Bali use?
4. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
5. What was affected by functional analysis?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)