|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
(a) Sexual appetite.
(b) Sexual oppression.
(c) Sexual repression.
(d) Sexual abuse.
2. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
(a) He wanted to open the doors for women.
(b) All of these.
(c) He didn't want to change it, but rather to help people adjust to it.
(d) He wanted to help them in the suffrage movement.
3. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
(a) To the expression of infantile sexual interest.
(b) None of these.
(c) To the pre-pubescent expression of sexual interest.
(d) To the mature expression of sexual interest.
4. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The occupation of motherhood.
(b) The Feminine Mystique.
(c) The occupation of housewife.
(d) The allure of being a wife.
5. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Being like her mother.
(b) Marrying a man like her father.
(c) Having children.
(d) Becoming a career woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
2. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
3. What is the climax of adolescence?
4. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
5. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)