|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
(a) Housewife's Blight.
(c) Chicken pox.
2. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) Eight hours a day.
(b) As much as ten hours a day.
(c) Nine hours a day.
(d) As much as twelve hours a day.
3. What does the feminine protest do?
(a) Over glorifies the female role as the reproductive unit.
(b) All of these.
(c) Makes more of a woman than there ever could be.
(d) Overvalues women's roles in society.
4. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Being like her mother.
(b) Having children.
(c) Becoming a career woman.
(d) Marrying a man like her father.
5. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
(b) All relations between men and women.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
2. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
3. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
4. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
5. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)