|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) Nine hours a day.
(b) As much as ten hours a day.
(c) Eight hours a day.
(d) As much as twelve hours a day.
2. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
(b) All of these.
(c) Believing that they have the same potential as boys.
(d) Testing their own powers in the world.
3. What is the functionalist's primary concern?
(a) To keep things as they are.
(b) None of these.
(c) To grow and achieve more.
(d) To move forward and advance.
4. What does the feminine protest do?
(a) Over glorifies the female role as the reproductive unit.
(b) Overvalues women's roles in society.
(c) Makes more of a woman than there ever could be.
(d) All of these.
5. What silent question did women ask themselves?
(a) "Is this all?"
(b) "What else is there to life?"
(c) "What am I missing?"
(d) "Why am I not content with this world?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
2. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
3. In what would Martha take refuge?
4. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
5. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)