|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Functional Freeze, the Feminine Protest, and Margaret Mead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
(a) The women had no sexual appetite.
(b) The women had more of an appetite than their men could satisfy.
(c) The women had a desire to have more and more children.
(d) The women found themselves frigid and unable to be aroused.
2. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
(b) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
(c) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
(d) None of these.
3. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
(a) It was too painful because she had given it up.
(b) She was angry about giving it up.
(c) She had no time for the study following kids.
(d) She had no interest in it.
4. What instrument did men in Bali use?
(b) Their voices.
(d) A flute.
5. What narrow comfort is offered women to become homemakers?
(a) All of these.
(b) To be successful she must know many arts.
(c) A woman's destiny revolves around the home.
(d) No woman can eternally resist the temptation of starting a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
2. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
3. What did the union member get labeled as?
4. What does Mrs. Freidan question in regards to Freudian thought?
5. What is the important thing for a girl?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)