|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Passionate Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
(a) Being childless and alone.
(b) Not fitting in with social requirements.
(c) Knowing they will never achieve their goals.
(d) Not knowing what they were going to do with their lives.
2. What weren't these feminists called?
(a) Sex starved.
(b) Penis enviers.
3. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
(a) A reasonable human being.
(b) None of these.
(c) A man hater.
(d) A bitter wife.
4. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
(a) Politics is a topic for which both parties can share.
(b) It concerns their home and husband.
(c) They desire change in government.
(d) They pay attention to political parties.
5. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(b) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
(c) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
(d) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the union member get labeled as?
2. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
3. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
4. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
5. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)