|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Passionate Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the identity of women determined?
(a) By her own choices.
(b) By how many children she has.
(c) By biology.
(d) By how good of a wife she is.
2. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) The desire to protect the home.
(c) Rearing the child.
(d) Maternal instinct.
3. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
(a) She was angry about giving it up.
(b) She had no time for the study following kids.
(c) She had no interest in it.
(d) It was too painful because she had given it up.
4. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The Feminine Mystique.
(b) The occupation of motherhood.
(c) The allure of being a wife.
(d) The occupation of housewife.
5. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
Short Answer Questions
1. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
2. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
3. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
4. What silent question did women ask themselves?
5. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)