|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Passionate Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
(a) An act of contrition.
(b) An act of war.
(c) An act of passivity.
(d) An act of rebellion.
2. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
(a) Marital subservience.
(b) Sexual degradation.
(c) All of these.
(d) Early marriage.
3. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(b) Women's husbands.
(c) The idea that they were not alone.
(d) The answer to the nameless problem.
4. Which women were happiest?
(a) Unmarried women.
(b) Uneducated women.
(c) Educated women.
(d) Married women.
5. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were starved to death.
(b) They were forcibly fed.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were flogged and beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What silent question did women ask themselves?
2. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
3. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
4. What did the union member get labeled as?
5. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)