|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Passionate Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Having children.
(b) Becoming a career woman.
(c) Marrying a man like her father.
(d) Being like her mother.
2. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were forcibly fed.
(b) They were flogged and beaten.
(c) They were starved to death.
(d) They were killed.
3. How is the identity of women determined?
(a) By her own choices.
(b) By biology.
(c) By how many children she has.
(d) By how good of a wife she is.
4. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(b) Women's husbands.
(c) The answer to the nameless problem.
(d) The idea that they were not alone.
5. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
(a) It concerns their home and husband.
(b) They pay attention to political parties.
(c) They desire change in government.
(d) Politics is a topic for which both parties can share.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
2. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
3. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
4. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
5. Which statement best fits the main problem?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)