|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Passionate Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
(a) The women had a desire to have more and more children.
(b) The women had more of an appetite than their men could satisfy.
(c) The women had no sexual appetite.
(d) The women found themselves frigid and unable to be aroused.
2. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The availability of an education to women.
(b) The availability of work to women.
(c) The undervaluation of femininity.
(d) The overemphasis on femininity.
3. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
(a) A bitter wife.
(b) None of these.
(c) A reasonable human being.
(d) A man hater.
4. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
(a) It concerns their home and husband.
(b) They desire change in government.
(c) Politics is a topic for which both parties can share.
(d) They pay attention to political parties.
5. Which women were happiest?
(a) Unmarried women.
(b) Married women.
(c) Educated women.
(d) Uneducated women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
2. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
3. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
4. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
5. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)