|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Passionate Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
(a) The women had more of an appetite than their men could satisfy.
(b) The women found themselves frigid and unable to be aroused.
(c) The women had a desire to have more and more children.
(d) The women had no sexual appetite.
2. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
(a) All relations between men and women.
(c) All of these.
3. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
(a) The movement to free the slaves.
(b) None of these.
(c) The emancipation of American from the British throne.
(d) The Revolution.
4. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(a) The ability to reason.
(d) The ability to be impassioned.
5. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
(b) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
(c) None of these.
(d) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
2. What became a dirty word?
3. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
4. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
5. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)