|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Passionate Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) The answer to the nameless problem.
(b) Women's husbands.
(c) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(d) The idea that they were not alone.
2. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
(a) Too much education.
(b) Too little education.
(c) Their ability to work.
(d) Their inability to work.
3. What did the union member get labeled as?
(a) All of these.
(b) None of these.
(c) An anarchist.
(d) A feminist sympathizer.
4. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(a) The ability to be impassioned.
(c) The ability to reason.
5. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The occupation of motherhood.
(b) The Feminine Mystique.
(c) The occupation of housewife.
(d) The allure of being a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
2. What silent question did women ask themselves?
3. Why couldn't women study physics?
4. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
5. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)