|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Passionate Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Having children.
(b) Getting married and having kids.
(c) Enrolling in university.
(d) Deciding what one wants to be.
2. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(b) To reproduce and be happy.
(c) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(d) Where their role in society was.
3. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Being a good mother.
(b) Being a housewife.
(c) Getting a quality education.
(d) Being an independent women.
4. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
(b) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
(c) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(d) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
5. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
(b) None of these.
(c) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
(d) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became a dirty word?
2. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
3. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
4. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
5. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)