|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Passionate Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
(a) It was too painful because she had given it up.
(b) She had no interest in it.
(c) She had no time for the study following kids.
(d) She was angry about giving it up.
2. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The availability of work to women.
(b) The availability of an education to women.
(c) The undervaluation of femininity.
(d) The overemphasis on femininity.
3. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
(a) None of these.
(b) A man hater.
(c) A bitter wife.
(d) A reasonable human being.
4. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
(a) Six thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) Two thousand.
(d) Fifteen hundred.
5. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
(b) Mood elevators.
(c) Sleeping pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
2. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
3. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
4. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
5. What was not a part of women's worlds?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)