|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
(a) Within the walls of their homes.
(b) Within in the confines of wife and motherhood.
(c) In their own mind and spirit.
(d) In their own relationships with those around them.
2. What became a dirty word?
(a) Free thinking woman.
(b) Working woman.
(c) Career woman.
(d) Opinionated woman.
3. Which women were happiest?
(a) Unmarried women.
(b) Married women.
(c) Educated women.
(d) Uneducated women.
4. Which statement best fits the main problem?
(a) Women longed for careers.
(b) Women weren't challenged in their lifestyle.
(c) Women had become too comfortable.
(d) Women had lost their self identity.
5. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The allure of being a wife.
(b) The Feminine Mystique.
(c) The occupation of motherhood.
(d) The occupation of housewife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't women study physics?
2. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
3. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
4. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
5. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)