|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They never grow up.
(b) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
(c) All of these.
(d) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
2. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(b) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
(c) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
(d) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
3. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) Eight hours a day.
(b) As much as twelve hours a day.
(c) Nine hours a day.
(d) As much as ten hours a day.
4. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was denied the ability to have children.
(b) She was shown as being a bad person.
(c) She was portrayed as evil.
(d) She was shown as being disdainful.
5. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
(a) Too much education.
(b) Too little education.
(c) Their inability to work.
(d) Their ability to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
2. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
3. What requires increased glamorization every year?
4. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
5. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)