|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) As much as twelve hours a day.
(b) Nine hours a day.
(c) Eight hours a day.
(d) As much as ten hours a day.
2. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
(a) Politics is a topic for which both parties can share.
(b) They pay attention to political parties.
(c) They desire change in government.
(d) It concerns their home and husband.
3. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The undervaluation of femininity.
(b) The overemphasis on femininity.
(c) The availability of work to women.
(d) The availability of an education to women.
4. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The allure of being a wife.
(b) The Feminine Mystique.
(c) The occupation of motherhood.
(d) The occupation of housewife.
5. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Being an independent women.
(b) Being a good mother.
(c) Being a housewife.
(d) Getting a quality education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had become a trap?
2. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
3. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
4. How is the identity of women determined?
5. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)