|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was shown as being a bad person.
(b) She was shown as being disdainful.
(c) She was portrayed as evil.
(d) She was denied the ability to have children.
2. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
(a) To grow.
(b) To mature.
(c) To become human.
(d) All of these.
3. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Becoming a career woman.
(b) Marrying a man like her father.
(c) Being like her mother.
(d) Having children.
4. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Getting a quality education.
(b) Being a housewife.
(c) Being an independent women.
(d) Being a good mother.
5. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
2. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
3. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
4. Which statement best fits the main problem?
5. What became a dirty word?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)