|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which women were happiest?
(a) Unmarried women.
(b) Married women.
(c) Educated women.
(d) Uneducated women.
2. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Deciding what one wants to be.
(b) Enrolling in university.
(c) Getting married and having kids.
(d) Having children.
3. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
(b) Sleeping pills.
(d) Mood elevators.
4. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
(b) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
(c) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
(d) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
5. How is the identity of women determined?
(a) By biology.
(b) By her own choices.
(c) By how good of a wife she is.
(d) By how many children she has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became a dirty word?
2. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
3. Why couldn't women study physics?
4. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
5. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)