|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They never grow up.
(b) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
(c) All of these.
(d) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
2. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
(a) Knowing they will never achieve their goals.
(b) Not fitting in with social requirements.
(c) Being childless and alone.
(d) Not knowing what they were going to do with their lives.
3. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
4. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(b) Women's husbands.
(c) The idea that they were not alone.
(d) The answer to the nameless problem.
5. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Getting married and having kids.
(b) Deciding what one wants to be.
(c) Enrolling in university.
(d) Having children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
2. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
3. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
4. What silent question did women ask themselves?
5. How is the identity of women determined?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)