|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't women study physics?
(a) It was considered unfeminine.
(b) They didn't have the aptitude for it.
(c) They weren't allowed in the classes.
(d) They didn't want to study it.
2. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) The idea that they were not alone.
(b) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(c) The answer to the nameless problem.
(d) Women's husbands.
3. What silent question did women ask themselves?
(a) "What else is there to life?"
(b) "What am I missing?"
(c) "Is this all?"
(d) "Why am I not content with this world?"
4. What had become a trap?
(a) The small-minded image of women.
(b) The disregard of the way women feel.
(c) The lack of personal image in women.
(d) The home life.
5. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) To reproduce and be happy.
(b) Where their role in society was.
(c) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(d) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
2. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
3. What requires increased glamorization every year?
4. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
5. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)