|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) Where their role in society was.
(b) To reproduce and be happy.
(c) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(d) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
2. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The allure of being a wife.
(b) The occupation of housewife.
(c) The occupation of motherhood.
(d) The Feminine Mystique.
3. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
(a) Getting a quality education.
(b) Being an independent women.
(c) Being a good mother.
(d) Being a housewife.
4. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
(a) They pay attention to political parties.
(b) They desire change in government.
(c) Politics is a topic for which both parties can share.
(d) It concerns their home and husband.
5. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) None of these.
(b) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
(c) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
(d) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became a dirty word?
2. How is the identity of women determined?
3. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
4. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
5. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)