|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(b) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(c) To reproduce and be happy.
(d) Where their role in society was.
2. What was not a part of women's worlds?
(b) Home care.
(c) Charming and keeping a man.
3. Why couldn't women study physics?
(a) They didn't want to study it.
(b) It was considered unfeminine.
(c) They weren't allowed in the classes.
(d) They didn't have the aptitude for it.
4. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six years.
5. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) Women's husbands.
(b) The answer to the nameless problem.
(c) The idea that they were not alone.
(d) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
2. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
3. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
4. What is the important thing for a girl?
5. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)