|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
(b) Sleeping pills.
(d) Mood elevators.
2. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
(b) They never grow up.
(c) All of these.
(d) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
3. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
(a) She was angry about giving it up.
(b) It was too painful because she had given it up.
(c) She had no time for the study following kids.
(d) She had no interest in it.
4. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
(b) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
(c) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
(d) None of these.
5. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
(a) Testing their own powers in the world.
(b) Believing that they have the same potential as boys.
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
2. What became a dirty word?
3. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
4. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
5. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)