|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the identity of women determined?
(a) By how good of a wife she is.
(b) By her own choices.
(c) By biology.
(d) By how many children she has.
2. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(b) To reproduce and be happy.
(c) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(d) Where their role in society was.
3. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
4. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) The answer to the nameless problem.
(b) The idea that they were not alone.
(c) Women's husbands.
(d) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
5. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Becoming a career woman.
(b) Being like her mother.
(c) Having children.
(d) Marrying a man like her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
2. What was not a part of women's worlds?
3. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
4. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
5. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)