|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The Feminine Mystique.
(b) The allure of being a wife.
(c) The occupation of housewife.
(d) The occupation of motherhood.
2. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
(a) In their own mind and spirit.
(b) In their own relationships with those around them.
(c) Within in the confines of wife and motherhood.
(d) Within the walls of their homes.
3. What was affected by functional analysis?
(a) The progressive nature of society.
(b) Women's roles in a forward moving society.
(c) The future.
(d) The maturing of women.
4. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) The desire to protect the home.
(b) Maternal instinct.
(d) Rearing the child.
5. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
(a) None of these.
(b) Fear of exposure to deadly bacteria.
(c) Desire to get the best clean.
(d) Guilt over the hidden dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
2. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
3. What year was the survey published for electrical appliances?
4. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
5. How much of all advertising budget is spent to appeal to women?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)